Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 19, 2016 8:57 AM
Jan 2015
re: turnabout promise, director watanabe was interested in doing an original episode fleshing out nick's backstory and he consulted takumi on the script ^_^. frankly, with everyone nitpicking about every little divergence between game & anime, i welcome something completely fresh. things i hope we get to see: a "baker street boys"-style mystery, and maybe even the kids' parents??

if people want to watch something with the exact pacing and editing as the game, then just watch a walkthrough of the game!
Jun 19, 2016 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
RanDart said:
ernst said:

After seeing this shit adaptation, I don't want 999 to get an adaptation. Funyarinpa will cry.

What about 999 by Ufotable?

As long as it is not God Eater CGI tier, but still worrying how they will handle the dual screen narration properly when the easier Ace Attorney got rekt. I know they can just do a regular narration but adaptations nowadays will just go wrong.
ernstJun 19, 2016 10:18 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 19, 2016 12:25 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was awesome! I'd say this is my favorite one so far in the anime :D
Jun 19, 2016 1:49 PM

May 2009
Damn. I had hoped we'd get Rise from the Ashes... oh well
Jun 19, 2016 1:52 PM

May 2009
NickJerrison said:
For any of you guys who played the games and are confused about what the hell is a filler doing there:

Welp, they could've done Rise from the Ashes with that same purpose :v no need for filler really
Jun 19, 2016 4:46 PM

May 2016
Kind of a shame there won't be Rise from the Ashes to fill in the Maya absence. I don't know how they'll fit the 4 cases from AA 2 into 12 or 13 episodes tho. Hopefully they'll skip the tutorial case or skim through it in one episode quickly.

Even tho this series makes me laugh, and finally seeing Phoenix be serious in court on the offensive was cool, I just wish there was something fresh about it. The BGM doesn't stand out, and animation is still fairly choppy at times. I suppose I expected too much, but A1 studios gave me high hopes for an 8 or 9 instead of a solid 6/10.
Linkmaster2010Jun 19, 2016 4:50 PM
Jun 19, 2016 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
PaulNamida said:
NickJerrison said:
For any of you guys who played the games and are confused about what the hell is a filler doing there:

Welp, they could've done Rise from the Ashes with that same purpose :v no need for filler really

Rise from the Ashes was just too long of a case to be adapted properly.
Jun 19, 2016 6:43 PM

Apr 2016
ernst said:
After seeing this shit adaptation, I don't want 999 to get an adaptation. Funyarinpa will cry.

Random tangent, but okay.

I think a 999 adaption would be great, but only if it's like 50 episodes long, animated by people who give a shit, cleverly adapted, and
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 19, 2016 8:24 PM
Feb 2013
This final trial was so awesome in the game. It's a shame it was so rushed and poorly executed.
Jun 19, 2016 9:34 PM

Oct 2011
amazing episode. edworth past,mayoi and dl 6 case all resolve
Jun 19, 2016 11:40 PM

Apr 2015
Liked the stuff they added, especially Larry dressed as Edgeworth. The only real disappointment is that we didn't get to see Von Karma banging his head.
Jun 20, 2016 2:24 AM
Jun 2014
ernst said:

Considering how difficult it'd be to adapt 999 in a way that keeps the impact of the dual screen usage intact I can't think of any studio other than White Fox that I'd trust to adapt it.
Jun 20, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2015
PaulNamida said:
NickJerrison said:

Rise from the Ashes is too big to cover having only around 24-26 episodes. This little filler is enough to do its job, though.
Deemo: Breaking My Fingers Since 2013

Jun 20, 2016 10:10 AM
Aug 2014
Lord_Odous said:
Poor Maya have to carry that metal detector all this time, just for that one moment. Gonna love her face when she had to surrender it to Phoenix. =D
my exact thought was best girl with bukkake face.

Speaking of girls, when will Mei-chan/Franziska make her debut?

Mod Edit: Removed NSFM content.
ShockedJun 21, 2016 7:26 AM
Jun 21, 2016 7:44 AM

Jan 2008
*raises hand*

Okay, this adaptation gone to hell two episodes ago (earlier it was just terribly meh and made just for Yuuki Kaji to put another important title on his CV), but in my opinion the worst thing they could do, was almost completely aborting Maya's character development stemming from her feeling of being useless. It is wonderful in its subtlety and building up in the game, here Maya just goes around mentioning twice that she feels she don't do much and that's it, no drama at all. Why the heck she leaves Phoenix if she was pat on the head even by her dead sister, bless her soul? Oh God, it's lacking in substance, all of it, it's painful too watch. My number two on "How Is It Possible to Destroy Something So Good" is von Karma's whole character. It takes some very special kind of talent to wishwash him like that.
Jun 22, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
Mayoi is a medium, so it clears why she had metal detector... Somehow D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 22, 2016 8:47 PM

Feb 2016
rsc-pl said:
She got the metal detector from det. Keisuke in Episode 09.
Jun 23, 2016 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
James278 said:
rsc-pl said:
She got the metal detector from det. Keisuke in Episode 09.

Yeah, but she brought it to the law court.And I'm talking about it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 23, 2016 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
Epic conclusion for the DL-6 case, ruined by lackluster adaptation. I remember the thrill when this DL-6 reached its climax because of the intense battle with Von Karma and felt so satisfied when it's all over, but as expected I didn't get those kind of feelings in this episode. No tense, no thrill even when Maya got stun-gunned, they made it too obvious who's the true culprit, and Von Karma kept begging the Judge to rush the verdict like stupid clown of a prosecutor (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Like the other guy said, I had dropped this show long ago if I weren't a fan of the games. This adaptation really deserved the score it gets ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Original story next yay at least it's not gonna be compared with the game ( ̄▽ ̄)
Jun 24, 2016 11:15 PM
Aug 2008
This episode was good.

Jun 25, 2016 6:32 AM

Nov 2015
Too many "rejections" that was annoying to watch. I'm happy that everything is good.

Jun 25, 2016 5:02 PM

Oct 2012
Smudy said:
I guess, the gamers here are salty, eh?
For one who doesn't play the game, this was the best episode and i'm still wondering why this is so heavily underrated.

Yeah, I wouldn't say it was actually the best but it was one of those episodes that worked so comparing it to the game is pointless when this is different sort of medium. It's pretty good ending to this arc even though I didn't find it very interesting as a whole, not to mention Karuma didn't have to plead guilty to everything and he could also say that the bullet was given there by someone else (even ballistics wouldn't work after so much time). But.. well.

It really felt like closure. I think they did pretty well this time.
Jun 26, 2016 1:26 AM

Jul 2008
SHINOBI-03 said:
Raise your hand if you've been waiting to see

*Raises hand*

Bring on game 2.
Jul 2, 2016 6:59 AM

Jun 2015
I don't look forward to the next episode, especially now that Maya left us.
Aug 29, 2016 11:09 PM

Dec 2012
LOL Ryuuichi shredded that cane with wind.

I knew Yahari stole the money.

Ryuuichi really should have banged Chihiro before she died.

Did Mayoi say she loved him? jk
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 7, 2016 9:31 AM

May 2012
Superb wrap-up of this case or at least the first part and that in 12 episodes flat! Quite lovely pacing I must say in general and I quite liked the overall story up till now, so I'm sure going to look forward for the next 12 episodes!

Great adaptation of the video game I must say, let's see what's next!
Nov 21, 2016 5:33 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
SHINOBI-03 said:
Raise your hand if you've been waiting to see

Ah yes, they forgot about that, but if they have done it, it would be so silly, I mean these animation values are soo cheap, that things that were funny in the games, are so poorly adapted and executed, that it is kinda a cringe to see it sometimes.
This was the best trial in the first game, they surely took 4-5 episodes to adapt it but, the execution is still so flawed!!

I m very disappointed at A-1 Pictures.
They can put out excellent quality animation, and the series is so famous, so why does the anime feels so low budget like?!
Maybe Crapcom wrong choice of studio...
Sep 9, 2023 5:40 AM

Jun 2017
What the hell have they've done to the story of the game... I don't mind additions, but some changes just go against character.
Jan 3, 8:44 PM
Jan 2023
"Almost Christmas" means it wasn't Christmas! 🎅
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.