Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2016 5:02 AM

Sep 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn that headmaster. <The first line i want to write

One of the best episode until now and one of the important event in Aikatsu series, main character start line/solo live episode. The members should be able to notice, the most important, Yume's RAINBOW aura during the dance, the same as in episode 1. Oh, and the rare outfit.

Seriously that headmaster is a bit cruel, i think he seriously will not hesitate to kick Yume out if she is to fail. The headmaster and Hime know that that failure will crush Yume emotionly and mentally, thats why Hime was worried till the very end. My thought is the same as Hime, it is too early for Yume to do solo debut. Yume seriously felt that pressure and almost dropped to the bottom, I am very mad they do that to her.

Thanks to everyone's support especially Subaru <3, the live may not be full, but it ended successfully. Everyone Yume knows come to watch her live, really very nice. Those kids supporting Yume are very cute also.

Good job Yume, you level up and won't be push by that headmaster around easily anymore. Hope that she can replicate the rainbow aura more often in the future.

Yume's start line~
valvravetruthJun 9, 2016 5:08 AM
Jun 9, 2016 5:09 AM

May 2013

Great episode.
This episode reminded me of episode cinderella girl when the first unit got their first live and one of their members angsty how the viewer is few. You should learn from Yume. Amount of viewer is not matter.

And even the headmaster has evil plan, I guess Yume should thanks to him cause he facilitate her first live and power ups.

and great to see the staff-san, director-san and the woman on previous episode appear again.

Next, Yume become Hime's manager.
megmicaJun 9, 2016 5:15 AM
Jun 11, 2016 7:08 PM

Jan 2009
1. Seeing Koharu and Sakuraba selling tickets for Yume's first concert was unexpectedly heartwarming.

2. I'm dying for more S4 ever since they performed together on episode 6.

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 12, 2016 11:13 PM
Jul 2009
Confused by what the headmaster said at the very end..."Unless you learn to conquer that power, your life as an idol is..." ????? Like didn't he do this to her to bring out her potential? But for what purpose?! Ugh, can't wait for this to be elucidated.
Jun 13, 2016 1:35 AM

Apr 2009
guys wht was the headmaster dude thinking and actually he will kick Yume-chan like a army recruit if he fails and well i wanna kick his ass and see who's more good :3
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jun 13, 2016 8:48 AM

Mar 2016
I really want to see more scenes with Subaru
Jun 13, 2016 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
This episode managed to take some really predicable and standard tropes and stuff present in shows of this genre and still make them amazing and get me super excited!
I liked seeing Yume's growth and her train of thought as she strived to improve herself.
And oh no the Laura x Yume is getting shot down hard with Yume x Subaru stealing the show this time. He's a great guy and I'd love to see more of him and M4. It was also a nice touch for him to add that he only sold one ticket at his first concert, and it was an even better touch to show Koharu and Laura selling tickets so enthusiastically for her.
I was very pleasantly surprised when they showed Yamaguchi, Okamoto and Koumoto showing up at the last minute. I thought it was a nice addition and I really enjoyed seeing them show up~

These were my thoughts as I watched the performance:
*music starts and Yume appears* C'mon give her some aura, c'mon c'mon
*one arch and semi-aura appears* Give her another fricking aura I swear- GIVE HER ANOTHER ARCH AND AURA!!!
*huge rainbow aura appears with fancy effects* ALL HAIL EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD! WE'RE SEEING IT GUYS, WE REALLY ARE! YUME'S DOING IT SO WELL~

I'm glad it was a success and I'm interested to find out what prerequisites and whatnot are required for Yume to pull off such an astounding performance. I'm also interested in what this power of hers is that she must conquer.
Overall I still love Aikatsu Stars! and I feel somewhat weird to say that this is definitely one of my guilty pleasures and one of the anime I look forward to watching the most every week (alongside Re:Zero, Academia, Flying Witch, Assassination and sort of Koutetsujou)
gust11Jun 13, 2016 11:17 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 13, 2016 9:13 PM

Oct 2013
I FINALLY understand how this "aura" system works lmfao. FINALLY.

Looks like Yume was able to harness some of her star power from her first outstanding performance as well as learning the value of fans, even if you only have a small handfull. It's also so nice to see Laura and Koharu, and even that smug idol subaru support her, along with some other adults who believe in her.

Speaking of adults, I find the headmaster really annoying. I know they are trying to add some sense of drama and danger, but it feels like he's just singling her out for no real reason. He has some odd fixation and fascination with testing her, as if he needs to keep making sure letting her into his institution was a good decision. There are plenty of other upstart idols who I'm sure aren't as good as Yume, so only focusing on her seems a lot like bullying, and his over dramatic nature doesn't help his case with me either.

Next it seems like Yume is now Hime's stage manager. Hopefully she learns some good lessons. I want to know what Hime's fascination is with Yume as well. She talks as if she knows her, and I feel like from the first episode, it hinted at something more.

gust11 said:

Overall I still love Aikatsu Stars! and I feel somewhat weird to say that this is definitely one of my guilty pleasures and one of the anime I look forward to watching the most every week (alongside Re:Zero, Academia, Flying Witch, Assassination and sort of Koutetsujou)

I totally agree with you here. I find myself looking forward to seeing the idols improving. I really enjoy this show for some reason I can't exactly explain lol, but I have a lot of fun watching it.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Jun 13, 2016 9:43 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
What's the headmaster's problem with Yume? I know he wants her to improve, insanely I suppose but he's just making her feel broken down. She managed to do her first live on her own but it did take a lot of courage and strength to be on stage. I agree, it was way too early to make her hold her own concert but sometimes sudden changes come as opportunities to grow. Compared to Aikatsu, for the newcomers being on stage isn't as common. I remember in Aikatsu the first years would be on stage so frequently, and lets not forget dresses.

Koharu and Laura, such great best friends. That's called true friendship. They went out of their way to make sure Yume had as much fans.

This Aikatsu sure seems to have a bit of a light dark tone, mainly from the headmaster. His strong desire to kick Yume out is still a question I hope gets answered soon.. One does not simply hate someone for no reason.

Jun 14, 2016 12:13 AM

Sep 2014
Yume's song was amazing and I audibly gasped when she finally got her aura up!!

Ahhh I hate that headmaster though, he's so mean!! Subaru was amazing though I might just love him a little bit :P Its about time a few things got explained though

And for those who have seen Pripara, isn't Yume's "power" whatever it is a little reminiscent of Lala??
Jun 14, 2016 12:46 AM

Jun 2008
What the hell are they trying to do with the headmaster? I'm half-expecting some weird, supernatural, over-arching plotline to crop up that ends with Yume saving the world.
Jun 15, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2015
Uhhhhhhh I don't like the Headmaster... And I couldn't enjoy this episode at all because of a constant feeling of dread that something would go horribly wrong. And then things slowly started going down hill with the ticket sales and I started feeling even worse. I felt so relived once she started performing though, and so happy, probably a bit more than I should have. Great episode :3

Also, I like how her hair color is just a lighter combination of both her parent's hair colors.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 15, 2016 4:53 PM

Oct 2012
tinybunnvevo said:
I totally agree with you here. I find myself looking forward to seeing the idols improving. I really enjoy this show for some reason I can't exactly explain lol, but I have a lot of fun watching it.

Yup, I can't explain it either but I just can't help but get excited every time I see a new subbed Aikatsu Stars episode xD

Oh and let's all be happy that we finally know how the auras work xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 15, 2016 6:57 PM

Oct 2013
Florete said:
What the hell are they trying to do with the headmaster? I'm half-expecting some weird, supernatural, over-arching plotline to crop up that ends with Yume saving the world.

Lmao I agree! When I first saw ep 1, I thought there would be a supernatural aspect with the way the Headmaster spoke about Yume. His character is really awkward tbh, and I know they are trying to use him as a source of drama or conflict, but honestly he just seems like some creepy older gentlemen obsessed with a teenage girl. Like the way he acts makes me feel like he keeps trying to find a reason to justify letting her into his academy. He acts like she's the worst idol in his institution lol.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Jun 16, 2016 2:13 AM

May 2010
I got a feeling that since Yume perform brilliantly on her first live so it is unforgivable for Headmaster if she didnt always shine. That's why she became his target.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2016 7:34 AM

Mar 2014
can i just say that, even tho i haven't watched the episode yet, i love it for how much they improved the Cgi

its most noticeable with the mouth animation (TEETH)

before... it was some of the worst CGI ive seen in aikatsu. even game counter part looked better in some ways.
Aug 11, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2008
The headmaster's treatment of Yume really maeks no sense. If he held every student to those standards it would be like Shokugeki no Soma where only like a handful of kids graduate the academy xD
Apr 23, 2019 5:31 AM

Oct 2007
That's some serious pressure Yume has to endure. She even had nightmare about no one coming to her first live performance. I think some people would have quit if placed on the same situation.

Good thing her friends helped her survive it. She was able to do better than the guy who only had one audience on his first live. :p
Feb 26, 2023 2:26 AM

Dec 2012
I know it's done for the added drama, but that headmaster's constant do-or-die expectations of Yume feel like borderline bullying. I just hope there's more to him than looking for excuses to expel Yume if she doesn't meet his cryptic demands.
Feb 19, 6:49 AM

May 2019
Pretty good episode for Yume finally. She performed the OP song which is really fitting too. I don't really like how the dress design is overly simplified and looks rather plain. Learning to know that number don't really matter when you earnestly perform in front of your fans is great start line for Yume. So if Hime planning to perform in Japan then what country does the academy take place ? And the headmaster is really an evil mastermind and it would be interesting to delve further to his past. His treatment to Yume is comically unjust for a new student lmao. That's probably a fate for a main protagonist. And did they forget to put the head vr thing on the audiences' head ?
VivaceRexFeb 19, 6:54 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 53 Discussion

valvravetruth - Apr 20, 2017

13 by aloradear »»
Apr 20, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 100 Discussion

Florete - Apr 2, 2018

16 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 13, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 99 Discussion

Hyuse - Mar 23, 2018

8 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 13, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 98 Discussion

VanishingKira - Mar 19, 2018

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 12, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 97 Discussion

Florete - Mar 10, 2018

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 12, 10:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.