Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 20, 2016 5:04 AM

Jan 2015
Veeeeery nice episode, so much action! We also got a little bit of character dev. so I'm very pleased with this episode
May 20, 2016 5:19 AM
Nov 2014
Please somebody tell me I am not the only person that noticed this-

Based on the two times the schematic of the town is shown, showing the train tracks and the walkways etc., as well as the general schematics shown in various scenes and overhead shots of the town, it is quite easy to peace together the general outlay of the tracks.

However, multiple times the close up action shots and action itself does not match the layout of the tracks. First of all, in the beginning of this episode the train driver makes a left turn at a fork in the tracks, however it shows no other tracks behind it meaning it was level or was in fact the outer most part of the track loop. But when looking at the schematic, this fork should not exist, and the only fork that exists would be facing the opposite direction, meaning having the option of going left OR right would be impossible coming from the way they were going, based again on the layout map and the overhead shots.

Also the location of said fork does not match the supposed location shown when right before the turn there is a higher track behind them, then a second later it is the outer most track, no track behind them. This makes sense if it does indeed become the outer most part of the loop but not when factoring in the correct location and orientation of the fork section.

Secondly and most egregious, somehow the section from the part of the track where the rubble was lifted to the other gate they need to get to is only about 1/5(generously) of the entire loop from the gate they came in, to the destination gate. However, even at full speed plus extra pressure in the last 30 or so seconds, this sprint takes about 3-4 minutes!

Assuming some scenes overlap, even cutting out some time and sticking to just say one characters or groups scenes last 2+ minutes! This whole full speed dash should take 30 seconds at most!, but realistically based on the size of the train compared to the track width, it would actually take less than 15 seconds at full speed!

And lastly but this is not as bad as the first two- why would they take the risk to travel and get the cannon? I know they also used it as an excuse to pick up the two in the tunnels, but why would they take the train down with them? I don't know if it was just the front of the train and not the whole thing, but either way isn't this stupid taking the train down, attracting the shadow monster and possibly risking the only train engine? Why would they not use the small crane they had to drop somebody down from the top level? Instead they go again around a few loops in the whole spiral track layout instead of perhaps going to inspect the crane, maybe cutting the crane wire and allowing the rubble to fall after tieing a rope to the hanging rubble to make sure it does not fall on the tracks.

Either way if they really needed the cannon or not, I think it is ridiculous but at least it can be explained by- if they are quiet perhaps the beast will not attack and at that point they did not even know if the beast was occupied eating- they only realized once they saved the two of them and headed out of there.
May 20, 2016 5:47 AM

Nov 2014
Still enjoying this series but the first half of this episode felt off and a bit dull (in comparison to how magnificent it has been) but then a whole missing piece of time and back to greatness.
May 20, 2016 5:47 AM

May 2015
@Sapewloth Yes, you were right oh mighty and wise shark. I must admit my mistake in expecting any kind of realism from this abstract masterpiece. I agree with you, Kurusu scenes are the ones worth watching, too bad he is an adult and can't have too much spotlight.

@LoneWizard Yeah, right. The evading manoeuvre was quite funny too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2016 5:51 AM

Nov 2014
HyperL said:
ouriel said:
Well, this certainly was far better than the previous episodes, but, the last scene had to happen, God dammit Michael Bay, cut it out already. I really dislike when they just break their own world physics for the rule of cool and this rule of cool overstayed its welcome; first the scene with the train hitting the rock and jumping off the rails and landing perfectly back on to it and now this scene, where a train that is reinforced and probably weights hundreds of tons, which is in motion and some petty humans who barely weight not even 7% of the total weight of the train can put enough "inertia" so it doesn't go off the rails.

I would still prefer if Kurusu was unable to fight, and just delegate the roles and coordinate how and when to take action, assuming that he knows how to devise a strategy and plan and coordinate the actions of Mumei, Ikoma and the Ikoma's friend who was operating the canon.
As @zal said previously, it would've been better in the previous episode if he was the one who devised the plan than Ikoma being the one, because it says that Ikoma has far better military knowledge and knows how to delegate roles and assignments to other people, oversee the plan and so forth than what Kurusu is able to do.

Ayame is, well... Ayame, her consistency of uselessness is on point ever since the beginning, tho I really wish they develop her, else she's just another damsel in distress and an unimportant character. The same thing I said for Kurusu, applies for Ayame as well.

And the heart of the Black Smoke, was that girl from Mumei backstory, right? Because she has the same looks as that one.

Overall, the most enjoyable episode for me so far.
However, I'd enjoy it more if they planned far better than going full Michael Bay. :(

I disagree with the statement that Ayame is consistently useless. Yes, she can't do much about the Kabane situation (she is just a princess after all), but it is noticed that she can deal with her people (as a princess should). She can control uproars like in ep3 (standing defenceless in front of Ikoma that was considered a possible thread for most), sacrifice herself for the good of her people like in ep 4 (giving her own blood to Ikoma so he could save the people) and guide/command her people for the good of the people. It is also noticed that she is can remain calm in desperate situacions, nor she jump to conclusions (she one of the few that had faith in the Kabaneri) and she do fight a little when she needs to (like in ep4), invalidading the statment that she just another damsel in distress.

So yeah that's it for my little rant. And i'll admit i did get a little triggered, since i like Ayame a bit more than Mumei, but i think you should at least keep all my pints in mind.

I am not asking for her to go battle the Kabane, but I want her to lead the people, and surely she picked some of those skills from her father.
Why I call her useless is because, all she does is just saying yes to things, there's no authority figure where she's going to hold a stance and stick by it; she doesn't delegate roles, she doesn't manage the train, her crowd control abilities are non-existent, she had a coup because of her uselessness, which ended in a far worse situation, with lots of people dead;
she rarely interacts with the people of the train, unless a ruckus happens between Ikoma, Mumei and the guards;
in the first episode all people would've died if they stayed in station as she was asking, in episode 2 the offensive rhetoric against Ikoma and Mumei from the guards stir even more hate and paranoia by the people and she was unable to do anything to stop this issue as leader should, her stop in episode 3 brought even more demise and despise, allowing people to stay in the open, knowingly that the Kabane are nocturnal species, with the upcoming coup due to her inability to lead in episode 4, episode 5 and 6, she's just the same as the previous episodes, her only words are "I see", "Yes", "Ok".
I'll say once again, there's no authority figure in Ayame, thus, her uselessness.

And no, this is not a critique for Mumei being better than Ayame or anything, it's a critique about her character which can be better developed than being left as a useless side character.
ourielMay 20, 2016 6:13 AM
May 20, 2016 5:52 AM

May 2014
I loved this episode and especially the OST.
The ending still slays.

Oh and we finally get the name of the guy I've been adoring, his design and voice are manly <3

May 20, 2016 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
sleeplesstown said:
sn3akyk1d said:
More inconsistency and stupidity in particular the heart bombs acting in ways that aren't consistent, the train bursting through the STEAL GATE that stopped the smoke monster but they broke through with no trouble and no momentum.

The average passenger train is about 130 tons, so it's not that outlandish. The big reinforced train in the show would likely weigh several times that.

For it to start from standstill and the distance that it had, its ridiculous.
May 20, 2016 5:56 AM

Apr 2008
ZoroZoldyck said:
I loved this episode and especially the OST.
The ending still slays.

Oh and we finally get the name of the guy I've been adoring, his design and voice are manly <3

Which one? Sukari or Suzuki?
May 20, 2016 6:03 AM

May 2015
ouriel said:
HyperL said:

I disagree with the statement that Ayame is consistently useless. Yes, she can't do much about the Kabane situation (she is just a princess after all), but it is noticed that she can deal with her people (as a princess should). She can control uproars like in ep3 (standing defenceless in front of Ikoma that was considered a possible thread for most), sacrifice herself for the good of her people like in ep 4 (giving her own blood to Ikoma so he could save the people) and guide/command her people for the good of the people. It is also noticed that she is can remain calm in desperate situacions, nor she jump to conclusions (she one of the few that had faith in the Kabaneri) and she do fight a little when she needs to (like in ep4), invalidading the statment that she just another damsel in distress.

So yeah that's it for my little rant. And i'll admit i did get a little triggered, since i like Ayame a bit more than Mumei, but i think you should at least keep all my pints in mind.

I am not asking for her to go battle the Kabane, but I want her to lead the people, and surely she picked some of those skills from her father.
Why I call her useless is because, all she does is just saying yes to things, there's no authority figure where she's going to hold a stance and stick by it; she doesn't delegate roles, she doesn't manage the train, her crowd control abilities are non-existent, she had a coup because of her uselessness, which ended in a far worse situation, with lots of people dead;
she rarely interacts with the people of the train, unless a ruckus happens between Ikoma, Mumei and the guards;
in the first episode all people would've died if they stayed in station as she was asking, in episode 2 the offensive rhetoric against Ikoma and Mumei from the guards stir even more hate and paranoia by the people and she was unable to do anything to stop this issue as leader should, her stop in episode 3 brought even more demise and despise, allowing people to stay in the open, knowingly that the Kabane are nocturnal species, with the upcoming coup due to her inability to lead in episode 4, episode 5 and 6, she's just the same as the previous episodes, her only words are "I see", "Yes", "Ok".
I'll say once again, there's no authority figure in Ayame, thus, her uselessness.

And no, this is not a critique for Mumei being better than Ayama or anything, it's a critique about her character which can be better developed than being left as a useless side character.
To be fair you are expecting too much by comparing Ayame with a lieutenant that has experience and training under his belt, she was just a naive noble girl before the attack, I would like to see her character develop more, not remaining stagnant like the past few episodes. I agree she is mostly useless/negligible apart for 2/3 moments where she shone, just like most of the characters that are not Ikoma and Mumei.
zalMay 20, 2016 6:10 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2016 6:07 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
robis798 said:
I wish that the epic ost wasn't just an alternative version of the ED. Nonetheless, the whole scene was still pretty hype.

Huh? You mean the track that played during the fight with the Fused colony? That wasn't Nine Lie. That was the main theme from the OST
Can you read? I said alternative version. As in, the same notes are played except this time it's an orchestrated version without the lyrics. You can faken sing along from 17:41

20:06 even has lyrics
May 20, 2016 6:10 AM

May 2016
Kzalca said:
HyperL said:

1) No, Kurusu's arm didn't healed fast. It only did if you assume they arrived at the station not so long after the battle where he got his arm cut (at episode 4). But they never stated how much time it taked to get there, and it can safely be assumed that it took them a couple of days, specially since is a train we're talkin about.

2) What Mumei had was not exactly a trauma. Just the fear of being weak that got to her head because her brother throws away anyone he sees as useless. Also, she was unconscious for a while, just some minutes of rest can calm a person down from unreasonable behavior.

Thanks for clarifying.
I still do have a lot of problems in this episode.

1.)Like that part when all the people on the train pushed it to the side. It just doesn`t seem possible. The train is made of METAL. It looks really heavy. I remember a lot of the passengers died in the last few episodes. Also they were going pretty fast.

2.) Why didn`t that fused kabane attack them when the train went in and rescued Mumei and Ikoma. I mean the train probably went slow. I`m surprised the weren`t attack by that huge thing. It probably took time to lift the rocks.

It just seems convenient to me.

I can't say much about the train part. But if you didn't noticed, the fused colony "defused" when it colapsed with the gate. While the people rescued ikoma and mumei, the beast was taking its time reforming itself.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.

May 2016
Kzalca said:
HyperL said:

1) No, Kurusu's arm didn't healed fast. It only did if you assume they arrived at the station not so long after the battle where he got his arm cut (at episode 4). But they never stated how much time it taked to get there, and it can safely be assumed that it took them a couple of days, specially since is a train we're talkin about.

2) What Mumei had was not exactly a trauma. Just the fear of being weak that got to her head because her brother throws away anyone he sees as useless. Also, she was unconscious for a while, just some minutes of rest can calm a person down from unreasonable behavior.

Thanks for clarifying.

1.)Like that part when all the people on the train pushed it to the side. It just doesn`t seem possible. The train is made of METAL. It looks really heavy. I remember a lot of the passengers died in the last few episodes. Also they were going pretty fast.

2.) Why didn`t that fused kabane attack them when the train went in and rescued Mumei and Ikoma. I mean the train probably went slow. I`m surprised the weren`t attack by that huge thing. It probably took time to lift the rocks.

I can't say much about the train part. But if you didn't noticed, the fused colony "defused" when it colapsed with the gate. While the people rescued ikoma and mumei, the beast was taking its time reforming itself.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.

Oct 2008
That was some really nice teamwork, I really liked how everyone had a role to play. This episode also redeemed the past few episodes and I'm leaning towards liking Mumei again thank goodness. Also that Ikoma catching Mumei scene was perfect, I'm ready to ship this
May 20, 2016 6:11 AM

Apr 2008
robis798 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Huh? You mean the track that played during the fight with the Fused colony? That wasn't Nine Lie. That was the main theme from the OST
Can you read? I said alternative version. As in, the same notes are played except this time it's an orchestrated version without the lyrics. You can faken sing along from 17:41

And I am telling you to go listen to the full ost. The track that played since the moment the Fused colony started attacking again is the MAIN theme of the OST. The ED version is much longer and a different tone.
May 20, 2016 6:11 AM

Nov 2014
zal said:
ouriel said:

And no, this is not a critique for Mumei being better than Ayama or anything, it's a critique about her character which can be better developed than being left as a useless side character.
To be fair you are pretending too much by comparing Ayame with a lieutenant that has experience and training under his belt, she was just a naive noble girl. But I agree she is mostly useless/negligible apart for 2/3 moments where she shone, just like most of the characters that are not Ikoma and Mumei.

I am giving weight to the rank she holds(in this case a high ranking noble) and comparing how an effective leader compares to an ineffective one. This applies for Kurusu as well, but, I'm giving too much thought in an action anime in the end. :(
May 20, 2016 6:15 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
robis798 said:

And I am telling you to go listen to the full ost. The track that played since the moment the Fused colony started attacking again is the MAIN theme of the OST. The ED version is much longer and a different tone.

That's what the word - alternative - means
May 20, 2016 6:16 AM

May 2015
ouriel said:
zal said:
To be fair you are pretending too much by comparing Ayame with a lieutenant that has experience and training under his belt, she was just a naive noble girl. But I agree she is mostly useless/negligible apart for 2/3 moments where she shone, just like most of the characters that are not Ikoma and Mumei.

I am giving weight to the rank she holds(in this case a high ranking noble) and comparing how an effective leader compares to an ineffective one. This applies for Kurusu as well, but, I'm giving too much thought in an action anime in the end. :(
I see the reason but if she would undergo a drastic change in her character we would complain about rushed character development. KnK has no way out xD. The focus on characterization is minimal... too bad...
May 20, 2016 6:18 AM

Oct 2009
StevePen387 said:
Please somebody tell me I am not the only person that noticed this-

Based on the two times the schematic of the town is shown, showing the train tracks and the walkways etc., as well as the general schematics shown in various scenes and overhead shots of the town, it is quite easy to peace together the general outlay of the tracks.

Yeah.... about the railway, maybe only a few people noticed that cause we don't give a f about the map cause it's difficult to understand the map, especially since it's in Japanese....or we didn't pay much attention to it. If you could kindly provide a good illustration with arrows on the routes that they're taking, that would be really helpful. Thanks.

Secondly and most egregious, somehow the section from the part of the track where the rubble was lifted to the other gate they need to get to is only about 1/5(generously) of the entire loop from the gate they came in, to the destination gate. However, even at full speed plus extra pressure in the last 30 or so seconds, this sprint takes about 3-4 minutes!

Assuming some scenes overlap, even cutting out some time and sticking to just say one characters or groups scenes last 2+ minutes! This whole full speed dash should take 30 seconds at most!, but realistically based on the size of the train compared to the track width, it would actually take less than 15 seconds at full speed!

We're really not sure about the exact distance of the entire town/railway and the exact speed of the train is unknown so you really can't accurately calculate those times. So that could've been just for theatrical mumbo jumbo, just for the sake of the action scene's tension.

And lastly but this is not as bad as the first two- why would they take the risk to travel and get the cannon? I know they also used it as an excuse to pick up the two in the tunnels, but why would they take the train down with them? I don't know if it was just the front of the train and not the whole thing, but either way isn't this stupid taking the train down, attracting the shadow monster and possibly risking the only train engine? Why would they not use the small crane they had to drop somebody down from the top level? Instead they go again around a few loops in the whole spiral track layout instead of perhaps going to inspect the crane, maybe cutting the crane wire and allowing the rubble to fall after tieing a rope to the hanging rubble to make sure it does not fall on the tracks.

Either way if they really needed the cannon or not, I think it is ridiculous but at least it can be explained by- if they are quiet perhaps the beast will not attack and at that point they did not even know if the beast was occupied eating- they only realized once they saved the two of them and headed out of there.

1. Cause the best defense is a good offense. 乁( º Ꮂ º )ㄏ (lel cause they needed to save the MCs ofc hahahahaha)
2. If they're gonna get a huge-ass canon, it's gonna be easier and faster to carry and attach it to the train if it's nearby, rather than risking for the slow-ass crane to bring it up and attach it to the train.
3. Either way, they're gonna attract that monster wherever their location may be because (refer to** below), so might as well use the faster route, as stated in #2.
4. Sorry, you lost me there. └[ ̄ᨓ ̄]┘
But I'm sure they let the others to go down to check Mumei and Ikoma's location (cause they probably don't know the exact place the fell) and also to check their condition.

**I doubt the Giant Black Smoke thinggy wouldn't chase them they if were "quiet". That thing is already triggered, so it's gonna regenerate and attack them regardless of what they do.
Thug_GouMay 20, 2016 6:22 AM

May 20, 2016 6:24 AM

Nov 2014
zal said:
I see the reason but if she would undergo a drastic change in her character we would complain about rushed character development. KnK has no way out xD. The focus on characterization is minimal... too bad...

Well, they had 4-5 episodes to develop the side characters, there might still be a chance, but I don't know how long this anime will be. Tho it'd be nice if some of the side characters receive better characterisation. :D
May 20, 2016 6:25 AM

Sep 2015
Each episode makes it harder and harder to uphold my suspension of disbelief. Tis a shame.

Ikoma's method of fighting the Kabanes would (should) get him killed immediately. He lets them jump onto him, then shoots their heart at close range. Assuming him being a Kabaneri gives him increased physical strength, him not being bowled over by the force of one of them jumping into him is fine. But when he has multiple Kabanes all over him, I don't get how he isn't being ripped apart straight away. I mean, we've been shown how they jump and lunge at people, biting into them immediately and the like. Ikoma being immune to the virus doesn't suddenly mean bites and claws aren't going to injure him.

He gets surrounded by lots of them, and they just lightly hold onto him, doing nothing else aside from a little shoving to-and-fro. The hell?

Not even going to touch that Fused Colony whatever the fuck it was.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 20, 2016 6:27 AM

Oct 2009
ouriel said:
zal said:

Well, they had 4-5 episodes to develop the side characters, there might still be a chance, but I don't know how long this anime will be. Tho it'd be nice if some of the side characters receive better characterisation. :D

It's on the official website that's it's gonna be a 12 ep series.
http://kabaneri.com/package/03/

Hoping there's an s2 LOL I doubt they can wrap things ups in the remaining eps.

May 20, 2016 6:47 AM

Feb 2016
the cgi sometimes seems a little off but in other moments it's pretty good again. if they are able to bring some continuity in this then it would be quite the accomplishment. i liked the soundtrack right at the beginning with its ancient tone.

so in this episode it was once again all about running away from the kabane but running in an entertaining way at least. everyone will probably agree on the point that the fight on top of the train against that 'black smoke' was amazing.
May 20, 2016 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
Average as hell. Not bad, but come on :)
And that awful CG, my God, it was really unnecessary.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 20, 2016 6:55 AM

May 2016
Kzalca said:
HyperL said:

Thanks for clarifying.

If you didn't noticed, the fused colony "disfused" when it colapsed with the gate. While the people was helping ikoma and mumei, the beast was taking its time reforming itself.
May 20, 2016 6:57 AM

Feb 2016
Raz1515 said:
Darklight0303 said:
According to a tweet from Mamoru Myano his character is getting introduced next week
ooh can't wait! I'm guessing he's gonna be the brother probably

Here he is! Biba's design.
AngryPotato34May 20, 2016 7:05 AM
I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`▭´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

May 20, 2016 6:58 AM

Nov 2014
Thug_Gou said:
ouriel said:

Well, crap. I thought this was going to be 20 something episodes, I doubt there'll be time now to develop the other characters. :(
May 20, 2016 7:00 AM

Apr 2015
HyperL said:
Kzalca said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Oh. I didn`t notice that. Also I noticed while rewatching, it was trying to get those dead Kabane in the tunnel. I guess that`s what gave them more time to escape.

I`m glad I came to this forum. It`s helpful to hear other people`s opinions.
May 20, 2016 7:02 AM

Oct 2009
ouriel said:
Thug_Gou said:

Well, crap. I thought this was going to be 20 something episodes, I doubt there'll be time now to develop the other characters. :(

Yeah, it's such a shame :(, but I hope we get a season 2. >_<

AngryPotato34 said:
Raz1515 said:

Well that's a bit of a spoiler LOL
But we're gonna see him next week so nvm *sigh*
anyway, he looks like he could be Yukina's brother. xD and He's hot. w00t!!!

May 20, 2016 7:05 AM

Dec 2012
Got massive Berserk vibes the whole tunnel sequence
May 20, 2016 7:06 AM

Feb 2016
AngryPotato34 said:
Raz1515 said:

anyway, he looks like he could be Yukina's brother. xD and He's hot. w00t!!![/quote]

Fixed! :D
I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`▭´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

May 20, 2016 7:13 AM

Oct 2009
kamisama751 said:
Thug_Gou said:

Yeah, it's such a shame :(, but I hope we get a season 2. >_<

I hope that too since it means another season of fun. :P

Too bad ----------03 can't see your posts anymore :( boohoo

and more awesome Gaijin-sama <3
AngryPotato34 said:
AngryPotato34 said:

anyway, he looks like he could be Yukina's brother. xD and He's hot. w00t!!!

Fixed! :D

Thanks! :)
Thug_GouMay 20, 2016 7:17 AM

May 20, 2016 7:14 AM

Apr 2008
AngryPotato34 said:
Raz1515 said:

Wow Biba looks fabulous like Myano said he is
May 20, 2016 7:18 AM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
AngryPotato34 said:

Almost every character that Miyano dubs is always fabulous :3

May 20, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2008
Thug_Gou said:
Darklight0303 said:

Almost every character that Miyano dubs is always fabulous :3

Hahaha yeah I know it's just his taste at play
May 20, 2016 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
I just lost what to say at that pushing train scene.....lmao XD . That monster was more hilarious than scary.
May 20, 2016 7:36 AM
Aug 2014
AngryPotato34 said:
Raz1515 said:

This guy looks like an assh*le. I can see a Ikoma vs Biba in the future.
May 20, 2016 7:44 AM

Mar 2014
I'm sorry, but was that monster supposed to be scary?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 20, 2016 7:50 AM

May 2016
Comic_Sans said:

No? Where did you get that? This is not a horror show, its not suposed to spook you. The fused colony was only suposed to be dangerous, which he was for the train people.
May 20, 2016 8:01 AM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:

No? Where did you get that? This is not a horror show, its not supposed to spook you. The fused colony was only supposed to be dangerous, which he was for the train people.
Then how do the creators of this show expect me to take something that looks so ridiculous as that zombie colony monster seriously? I found it neither scary nor "danger feeling" inducing, it was just stupid
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 20, 2016 8:02 AM

May 2015
Comic_Sans said:

No? Where did you get that? This is not a horror show, its not supposed to spook you. The fused colony was only supposed to be dangerous, which he was for the train people.
Then how do the creators of this show expect me to take something that looks so ridiculous as that zombie colony monster seriously? I found it neither scary nor did it give me a feeling of danger, it was just laughable
Moreover this is the third time they use this route (kabane, wazatori, big black thing). Present a presumably dangerous creature at the end of one episode. Let the characters shit on it the next episode.
May 20, 2016 8:11 AM

Mar 2014
zal said:
Comic_Sans said:
Then how do the creators of this show expect me to take something that looks so ridiculous as that zombie colony monster seriously? I found it neither scary nor did it give me a feeling of danger, it was just laughable
Moreover this is the third time they use this route (kabane, wazatori, big black thing). Present a presumably dangerous creature at the end of one episode. Let the characters shit on it the next episode.
Such variety, much wow
Nico- said:
May 20, 2016 8:12 AM

May 2016
zal said:
Comic_Sans said:

Yes, but you can thank the writing for that, because plot armor dictates they must survive somehow. It doesn't change the fact that if something like that monster existe in real life we would be scared to death.
May 20, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2008
So who thinks the Young Master might want to take Ikoma in for study to perfect his clearly imperfect Kabanerization method? If all of Mumei's group was Kabaneri and they all turned into Kabane in the end then there is a clear flaw with the procedure.
Darklight0303May 20, 2016 8:16 AM
May 20, 2016 8:18 AM

May 2015
HyperL said:
zal said:

Yes, but you can thank the writing for that, because plot armor dictates they must survive somehow. It doesn't change the fact that if something like that monster existe in real life we would be scared to death.
When you present something like really terrible and then it is easily defeated not once but more times the show loses credibility. Plot armour? Not its fault, not this time. The fault is in the difference between the expectation (created by the show itself) and the actual danger brought by the creature. This can be a let down in serious anime or a joke in comedy anime (one punch and others).
May 20, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2011
The action in this episode made me breathless. Love it.
Can't wait for the next episode.

May 20, 2016 8:24 AM

Dec 2011
It is kind of convenient that when they saved Ikoma and Mumei, that mass of Kabane didn't approach them at all, and we got an explanation that they take everything (the corpses in this case) and they were able to escape since the mass focused on getting those corpses instead of humans. -_-
May 20, 2016 8:26 AM

Apr 2008
Fiji said:
It is kind of convenient that when they saved Ikoma and Mumei, that mass of Kabane didn't approach them at all, and we got an explanation that they take everything (the corpses in this case) and they were able to escape since the mass focused on getting those corpses instead of humans. -_-

There's more corpses than humans if you think about it. You at most have 5 people in the open from the train from what we see. That's nothing compared to the kabane and corpses still laying around the shantie town under the catwalk of that station. THe only reason the Fused colony even woke up was because the Kabane that Mumei killed in episode 6 shrieked when it was killed. Before that it was passive at the base of the crater.

If it didn't have a passive threshold of activity then there would not have been any survivors after it first attacked the town
May 20, 2016 8:34 AM

May 2016
zal said:
HyperL said:

When you present something like really terrible and then it is easily defeated not once but more times the show loses credibility. Plot armour? Not its fault, not this time. The fault is in the difference between the expectation (created by the show itself) and the actual danger brought by the creature. This can be a let down in serious anime or a joke in comedy anime (one punch and others).

I see. But the writers just backed themselves Into a corner, since they can't kill any relevant characters yet, not without developing them first, othewise the deaths would not be as impactful like in some of the scenes in AoT for example. So they have no option but to keep them surviving for now.
HyperLMay 20, 2016 8:38 AM
May 20, 2016 8:39 AM

May 2015
HyperL said:
zal said:

I see. But the writers just backed themselves Into a corner, since they can't kill any relevant characters yet, not without developing them first, othewise the deaths would not be as impactful like in some of the scenes in AoT for example.
This is the price to pay to have half the episodes composed of action, loses impact after some time, plus Ikoma's awful fights. KnK is always in a hurry to get somewhere but it is losing the interest of some viewer on the way and no time to get closer to the characters.

No need to kill characters but make the creature pose a real threat, somehow.
May 20, 2016 8:42 AM

Oct 2009
HyperL said:
zal said:

I see. But the writers just backed themselves Into a corner, since they can't kill any relevant characters yet, not without developing them first, othewise the deaths would not be as impactful like in some of the scenes in AoT for example. So they have no option but to keep them surviving for now.

S-s-so-some-someone's gonna DIE?!!!

I hope it won't be Gaijin-sama </3

Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.