Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 5, 2016 11:38 AM
Jun 2014
I take back what I said actually, this game is kind of funny. I played the gorilla and started destroying when I used his ult, I got like a 5 killstrek at the time, I don't know why it didn't get play of the game or what ever it's called.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
May 5, 2016 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
Actually, I do like playing support in this game. Never liked the Medic in TF2 very much, but both Mercy and Zenyatta are pretty fun.
May 5, 2016 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
So far I've only played the tutorial since the game hasn't fully downloaded for me yet. I really don't like how you can't aim sights with your gun.

Looks like a really fun game nevertheless, can't wait to play it tomorrow.
May 5, 2016 12:02 PM

May 2010
Spooks said:
So played both the pc and console version. Console for me runs a wee bit better but obviously pc looks slightly better. The games fine, not amazing but ok might get a bit old fast will have to see. Some characters are a bit broken at moment.

The cyborg raiden knock off for example.

Still managed to get MVP and play of the match in my first game.

Update:

Now we're seeing plenty of teams of 2-3 of the ninja guy. Defo broken needs fixing.

Ninja ain't OP.

All that's happening is people are figuring out that he can deflect bullets back at people. The waves of Bastions got replaced by the waves of Genjis, because the Genjis came to reflect Bastion.

Genji is outranged by basically everybody. Even Mei can take him down. The only thing he has going for him is deflect and better mobility. He can't even deflect everything.
May 5, 2016 12:37 PM
Jun 2014
You want to talk about op? Let's talk about Tracer. Her weapons can shred you in seconds and she has one of the best escapes in the game...

hmm

I'm also getting bored of seeing Reaper getting play of the game when he takes no skill to play.
May 5, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
Thrashinuva said:

Ninja ain't OP.

All that's happening is people are figuring out that he can deflect bullets back at people. The waves of Bastions got replaced by the waves of Genjis, because the Genjis came to reflect Bastion.

Genji is outranged by basically everybody. Even Mei can take him down. The only thing he has going for him is deflect and better mobility. He can't even deflect everything.

All im seeing is:

Ninja stars
Ninja stars
Ninja stars
Ninja stars
Ultimate
Ninja stars
Ninja stars
Ninja stars
Ultimate

been three games now winning team was made up of 3 - 4 ninja guys. Clearly everyones cottoned on to it.
May 5, 2016 12:58 PM

May 2010
Are you guys playing on console? Maybe the skill is all on PC or something.

As Mei I shut down Reaper, Genji, AND Tracer. I don't think Mei is even supposed to shut Reaper down, but it's fairly easy.

Genji can't handle Pharah or Junkrat (or Mei). A good Widowmaker can bait his reflect or catch him off guard, and a good Bastion can do the same.

Tracer can't handle basically anything that dies in more than a second. Her teleports and rewinds are easy to read. Sure she'll have recovered all her health, but that doesn't make her any less squishy.

Really the biggest pains imo are Pharah and Hanzo. A good Zenyatta is terrifying as well. I don't know if I'm terrifying as Mei, maybe just frustrating, as I'm freezing and blocking everyone, idk. I know the enemy team loves to target me first.
May 5, 2016 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
Apparently Genji can deflect Reinhardt's hammer. Which is funny.

Anyways, McCree, Winston, Roadhog, Mei, and Lucio shit on Genji actually.

McCree can kill him in an instant with a flashbang + right-click combo

Winston and Mei's weapons are undeflectable and are people you DO NOT want to be close to (and Genji specializes in CQC)

Roadhog can cheese him in an instant.

And Lucio's can sonic blast Genji away from the team.

I'm actually starting to like Lucio a lot now that I'm getting a feel for him. His wallriding needs more zess to it though. So far it's pretty useless besides shortcuts and all.

Anybody know some good team comps? I know Bastion + Torbjorn + Reinhardt + Symettra is absolutely BEAST as a defensive strat.
May 5, 2016 2:49 PM

Dec 2013
Just started playing it, gotta say I'm impressed with how good the game actually is. I might have to pre-order it.
May 5, 2016 2:56 PM

May 2010
I only know some good 2 man combos.

Lucio is great in a lot of cases for everyone, but I'd say mostly when combined with Symmetra. His passive healing and her regenerating shields are just a boon to everyone. This also helps Symmetra with her very poor mobility while Lucio is in speed mode.

Reinhardt and Bastion are an absolute menace to unprepared teams while they sit on the payload.

Mei + Reinhardt allows them to handle people who try to close in. They slow down due to the ice and the hammer comes singing. The ice wall can be used to let his shield recover a bit. Though in most cases Mei has other things she wants to deal with... she can nearly solo an army.
May 5, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
Fucking hell, I'm getting sick of Genji.

EVERY fucking genji player I meet sucks ass with him. I decided to follow one Genji player as Mercy just to see if my generalization was just a miss but goddamn was he garbage.

I ended up getting more kills with my pistol than him. It was pathetic.

It's reached a point where I just leave the game if I see 2 or more Genji players on my team.
May 5, 2016 5:42 PM

Sep 2011
ExTamplier said:
Who wants to join me my nickname is ExTamplier-Rus (ps4)

PS4? You casual

Why no PC :[.

95PercentCaim said:

EVERY fucking genji player I meet sucks ass with him. I decided to follow one Genji player as Mercy just to see if my generalization was just a miss but goddamn was he garbage.

It's reached a point where I just leave the game if I see 2 or more Genji players on my team.

As a person who played Genji, beginners shouldn't even touch him. You need to time his swords right for all the damages and not use it + your dash prematurely. That along with actually being able to land stars and dodge. I used him when I first started out and then quickly went off him to get used to the classes before moving back to him. So far, I enjoy tracer the most. Love warping all over the place and rekting kids with my Q just to teleport out.

The class I most suck with right now is Hanzo. Can't land his arrows for the life of me.
May 5, 2016 5:58 PM

Nov 2014
Tyrel said:
ExTamplier said:
Who wants to join me my nickname is ExTamplier-Rus (ps4)

PS4? You casual

Why no PC :[.

95PercentCaim said:

As a person who played Genji, beginners shouldn't even touch him. You need to time his swords right for all the damages and not use it + your dash prematurely. That along with actually being able to land stars and dodge. I used him when I first started out and then quickly went off him to get used to the classes before moving back to him. So far, I enjoy tracer the most. Love warping all over the place and rekting kids with my Q just to teleport out.

The class I most suck with right now is Hanzo. Can't land his arrows for the life of me.
my video card is dead after witcher 3

May 5, 2016 6:24 PM

May 2010
95PercentCaim said:

Sometimes I'm alright with Genji. There was one round where I just absolutely rekt the enemy team.
May 5, 2016 6:51 PM

Nov 2011
Been watching tons of gameplay videos and strategy stuff related to Overwatch this year. I'm definitely interested in this game and looks good too.
May 5, 2016 7:24 PM

May 2010
Stark700 said:
Been watching tons of gameplay videos and strategy stuff related to Overwatch this year. I'm definitely interested in this game and looks good too.

You can play the beta free right now, you know.
May 5, 2016 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
Thrashinuva said:
Stark700 said:

You can play the beta free right now, you know.

I know, but been busy with reading novels recently and watching anime so might hold it off until later.
May 5, 2016 9:10 PM

Jan 2014
I played a few hours with my girlfriend, gotta say I didn't much care for it. It's well balanced and each character plays off of eachother well, given the right teamings and cooperation but I found the level design and game modes to be lacking and uninteresting, personally. I gave each character a go for a bit and gravitated towards Reaper but in general, I didn't care much for any of the characters. Saw a lot of people playing as Genji way too much, most matches had atleast 2 of him on each team. I also personally don't care for how slow the majority of the character's feel.

It honestly could be that I'm not the best at the game (had roughly a 2 to 1 kill-death ratio while focusing on objectives) or that my girlfriend and I are currently trying to find something to play since we got bored of Smash Bros and Mario Kart, but I honestly wasn't having much fun while playing it, not to say its bad or anything, just wasn't fun for me. Kinda feel like I'm not getting the hype, considering the amount of love this game is currently getting. I was hoping it would click for me
=, but didn't, oh well, back to Evolve.
ThrashMattoMay 6, 2016 7:40 AM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

May 5, 2016 9:21 PM

Jan 2013
Mr7Beans said:
This game is almost as bad as Battleborn.

garbage.
Don't you play like COD/Battlefied? Just pick Soldier 76 and then your good to go. Or don't bother commenting if your just gonna be a dick.
May 5, 2016 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
For me, Bastion always gets play of the game because people are retarded and just walk in front of him in turret mode. I remember I got the most clutch ult with Lucio to save my team's ass and they still gave POTG to Bastion for getting 3 kills in turret mode. BS
May 5, 2016 9:51 PM

Oct 2008
95PercentCaim said:

lol @ getting angry with people who can't play a character when we're on DAY 2 OF THE BETA. i mean chill, seriously. get off your high horse. All these games have the worst communities i swear, people are so competitive and up themselves. some people just want to play to, you know, have fun and mess around. especially during the beta.
May 5, 2016 11:13 PM

Nov 2014
Played the game for a while, it is really repetitive after few hours. Can't justify buying this game for more than 30$

May 5, 2016 11:29 PM
Jun 2014
5 minutes into Netflix and chill and Phara says justice rains from above...

What's the name of the guy with the massive war hammer? I speared Tracer off the top of a building once
May 6, 2016 2:19 AM

May 2010
ExTamplier said:
Played the game for a while, it is really repetitive after few hours. Can't justify buying this game for more than 30$

It's $39.

Just skip coffee for a couple of days.
May 6, 2016 2:42 AM
Jun 2014
seriously getting tired of generic reaper and hanzo players getting play of the game

yaawn play a character that actually requires skill to play
KaiwaiikillahMay 6, 2016 2:50 AM
May 6, 2016 2:48 AM

May 2010
They aren't instant win characters. Most Reapers I take on totally suck and Hanzo's usually just manage to get their ult kills off the rest of my team.

At least on PC on whatever region I'm playing in, Reaper never gets potg. Hanzo does quite often though, but his ult is so avoidable unless you're a slow character like Roadhog or D.Va out of cooldowns, or Bastion in turret mode.

I've taken on one good Reaper and a few good Hanzo's, one of which I played against in the past 20 minutes and they got their potg without their ult, and they were on the losing team. The good reaper just played to his strengths. He genuinely knew how to play Reaper.
May 6, 2016 7:02 AM

Jan 2013
Unknown- said:
seriously getting tired of generic reaper and hanzo players getting play of the game

yaawn play a character that actually requires skill to play
I'd say Hanzo does just because he is a sniper character. His ult doesn't though.
May 6, 2016 8:59 AM

Nov 2014
Thrashinuva said:
ExTamplier said:

It's $39.

it's 60 dollars dude

May 6, 2016 1:43 PM
Jun 2014
It's officeal, play of the game is a joke

Bastion camps as sentry gun and kills me, one kill

gets play of the game
May 6, 2016 1:46 PM

Jan 2013
ExTamplier said:
Thrashinuva said:

It's $39.

it's 60 dollars dude
I try to switch it up with the heros and play them differently which is a great thing this game allows you to do.
May 6, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
It's $60 on console. It's $40 on PC. Reason why is because porting is expensive and you have to pay fees to manufacture and distribute on console.

Whereas, you don't have to pay jackshit to self-publish on PC.
May 6, 2016 3:02 PM

Apr 2016
The problem is about classes , nobody want to play Tank or heal , only DPS :'(
May 6, 2016 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Now everyone in Hanzo so much ult abuse.

Im really rocking mecha girl and Frosty the snowgirl ;)

Absolutly wrecked it one match when i jetpacked through a narrow open door on the second floor of a building landed behind windowmaker shot her to hell then got charged in that small room by three players. Mech blew up jumped out pistol whipped the low health widow to death and shot the other two to death whist constantly strafing last guy ran away jumped back in new mech and jetpacked his ass down and killed him.

Lost play of the game to a bastion camping objective.....
SpooksMay 6, 2016 3:23 PM
May 6, 2016 3:27 PM

Aug 2014
Besides Bastion being cancer in certain maps, it's a pretty fun game overall. Though I would prefer if there is a restriction on the amount of same heroes you can have per team, since it makes for some awfully boring matches at times.
May 6, 2016 4:04 PM

Nov 2014
NotEvenDead said:
I play a lot of support and tank, and I am disappointed when my team does not follow after objectives.

May 6, 2016 4:06 PM

Apr 2016
ExTamplier said:
NotEvenDead said:
I play a lot of support and tank, and I am disappointed when my team does not follow after objectives.

Yes , it's a teamplay game but not for everyone :s maybe it'll be better after the beta
May 6, 2016 4:55 PM

May 2010
This is a skill based game.

A team of 6 D.Va's outside of their mech could win a game, of their skill level is high enough and the enemy teams is low enough.

The balancing needed is to make sure that all characters are viable at equal skill levels. Not viable against every character, but in general, and only have bad match ups to a few characters.

Blizzard has done a great job of balancing. There's always something you could be doing better if you are currently losing. It's either your fault or your skill level isn't high enough (or the rest of your team).

As Mei I avoid Junkrat like the plague unless I can shank him in the back. Against Symmetra and other Mei's I back off if I don't initiate combat first. I try to take out Roadhog only when he's alone. I try to predict when S:76 will use his Alt fire, and protect myself from it. I close in on Reinhardt but avoid his front so I won't get pinned. Pharah is like my ultimate nemesis and I only try to get her while she's distracted.

Mei has plenty of disadvantageous match ups but I try to engage them in a way that will give me the upper edge. Because of that, this little girl who shoots one icicle every 5 seconds or has to freeze enemies before she kills them, I still end up with gold medals for eliminations every now and then (usually at least copper). Though I almost always have a gold on objective time.

Find out what your character is good and bad at, and play to your strengths and try not to let them exploit your weaknesses.
May 6, 2016 5:06 PM

Aug 2014
Maaaan, someone put me on this Winston game. I'm getting gamed on out here.
Hopping off stage when things get heated and stuff.

I love taking WM/Hanzo/Bastion by surprise on high rises though, that makes the struggle worth it.
May 6, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
Went to an e-sports club. Not even a member, just walked in. This group was looking for one more player for their custom game so I ended up joining.

Ended up destroying everybody, even got play of the game.

I was so good that nobody wanted to play anymore.

I've never felt so great and bad about myself in a while.
May 6, 2016 7:12 PM

Jan 2013
So I just had a team of 6 Torbjorn's and we stomped the enemy team. Couldn't even touch the payload lol.
May 6, 2016 8:02 PM

Nov 2014
95PercentCaim said:
It's $60 on console. It's $40 on PC. Reason why is because porting is expensive and you have to pay fees to manufacture and distribute on console.

Whereas, you don't have to pay jackshit to self-publish on PC.
somehow digital version is still 60

May 6, 2016 9:36 PM

Nov 2011
Played a few hours of it today.

Well, I'm best with supporters and perhaps also a bit of Tank so far. My favorite Hero is Luicio as I just find him so easy to use. Surprisingly, I'm not very good with Reaper. Also tried Widowmaker before and it's rather challenging as well. I'm going to try some of the other supporters soon as well.
May 6, 2016 9:37 PM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
Played a few hours of it today.

Well, I'm best with supporters and perhaps also a bit of Tank so far. My favorite Hero is Luicio as I just find him so easy to use. Surprisingly, I'm not very good with Reaper. Also tried Widowmaker before and it's rather challenging as well. I'm going to try some of the other supporters soon as well.
Lies, you don't have for video games.

May 7, 2016 11:19 AM

Feb 2015
Stopped playing because game seems to cause my system to overheat for some reason.
May 7, 2016 11:31 AM

Aug 2012
Reinhardt is my man despite his short range attacks with the hammer, his abilities makes him so OP. I'm having so much fun catching players off-guard with charge, even better combining it with earthshatter and the shield is perfect for escorting the payload.
May 7, 2016 12:05 PM

Nov 2011
Tried Tracer today. Not bad but the low HP turns me off without support.
May 7, 2016 9:13 PM

May 2014
Can anyone tell me how the game is on console? I would play this game on PC, but I don't have one and my PS Plus ran out and I'm too lazy to renew it.
May 7, 2016 9:21 PM

Aug 2013
Nerps64 said:
Can anyone tell me how the game is on console? I would play this game on PC, but I don't have one and my PS Plus ran out and I'm too lazy to renew it.

Runs fine, looks fine, plays fine. I prefer it on my console tbh so i can laze back and chug pop whilst playin. No hunchi over the keyboard know how it is.
May 7, 2016 9:49 PM

Nov 2014
Nerps64 said:
beta does not need ps plus

May 7, 2016 9:51 PM

May 2014
ExTamplier said:
Nerps64 said:
beta does not need ps plus

It doesn't? But its multiplayer.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite video game that you've never actually beaten? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Apr 15, 2022

53 by Rhae »»
52 minutes ago

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

10 by luckyrune »»
3 hours ago

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

22 by traed »»
4 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

152 by Kajiuran »»
7 hours ago

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

7 by Zettaiken »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.