Forum Settings
Forums

Do You Watch More Than One Anime At A Time?

New
Do you watch more than one anime at a time?
Apr 26, 2016 9:57 PM
Apr 2016
So, it's quarter to one in the morning here and I'm trying to watch an anime that keeps making me laugh out loud. I'm thinking it might be smart to put something different on. With that in mind, I'm curious how many of us watch a show start to finish vs. how many of us have more than one going at once (for any number of reasons). Does it feel more pulled together watching something back to back? Do you prefer to pick what you'll watch at any given time based on your mood? Let's talk! :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2016 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
I have 21 watching anime in my list so yeah lol. I try to balance out shows so I don't get tired of the others I'm watching.
Apr 26, 2016 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
I like to keep at least 20 and just rotate depending on my mood. It keeps things fresh for me.
Apr 26, 2016 10:23 PM

Dec 2015
Yup, but never more than three. I try to find a balance between light and heavy stuff because it's not a good idea for me to watch only one type at once (watched Serial Experiments Lain, Shiki and the second half of Evangelion at once. It took me ages to finish).
Apr 26, 2016 10:29 PM
Oct 2014
Yes, but I like to re-watch shows I've already seen. so I usually limit myself to at most one new show at a time.

It also helps to spread out the episodes of each show so I don't binge-watch them and get through them too fast.
Apr 26, 2016 10:34 PM
Sep 2015
I generally have a show I watch when I go to bed (generally one I have not seen)

I have others I watch during the day (generally ones I have seen before) to give me breaks from homework or whatever I am doing.

Normally no more than a few at a time, and I try (if it can be helped) to watch all dubs or all subs at once I dont like bouncing back and forth it throws me off lol

Oct 2014
Not including the weekly anime I watch only 1 at a time.

Jul 2014
Yeah, usually 2-4. Sometimes I just lose interest, but not enough to put it on hold, so I just start something else until I finish/get tired of it and go back to what I was watching before.
Apr 26, 2016 10:35 PM

Mar 2016
Yes..depends on my time..if I'm busy I won't watch any single anime...
Forum set made by Sereshay

Apr 26, 2016 10:43 PM

Feb 2016
Yup. I watch seasonal anime so I'm always watching at least 4 - 10 anime at a time. 12/16 of the anime I'm currently watching are still airing so..
Apr 26, 2016 10:45 PM

May 2015
like RedTie, I just rotate between 20some depending on my mood
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 26, 2016 10:47 PM
Jan 2013
Pretty sure those poor people who follows em seasonals are like it
gone bai bai
Apr 26, 2016 10:49 PM
Aug 2014
I like variety, so I always watch more than one series at a time. My watch list is a combo of ongoing and previously aired shows, so how many episodes I watch of a show in a week depends on mood and how many episodes are available.
Apr 26, 2016 10:50 PM

Nov 2012
yeah, i always watch multiple airing series at a time. when it comes to completed series though i always only watch one at a time.
Apr 26, 2016 10:53 PM

Jul 2012
I almost always watch ~3 non-airing shows, in addition to anything that happens to air on Toonami that I haven't watched or kept up to date on which is another 3-4, plus seasonals which usually is around 20 shows give or take carry overs from prior seasons and long ongoing shows.
Apr 26, 2016 11:02 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yes, I watch shows at the same time as in not just one show all the way through in order, but I also watch shows at the same time as in two shows are playing on the screen at the same time. Or one's playing on the TV and one's playing on the computer (if I'm in my parents' room) or back when I had two laptops (my bro's friend gave us his laptop and I tried to utilize it lol) I'd be watching two shows at the same time. Can only really do that when one of the two anime can be watched without reading subtitles, so a dub, a show without voice acting or very minimal voice acting, or maybe a show in a language you can't understand anyway that has no subtitles.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 26, 2016 11:03 PM

Apr 2016
Will watch more than one anime sometimes if I am not busy.
Apr 26, 2016 11:16 PM
Apr 2015
Anywhere from 2-6 animes from the new season, 1-2 long running animes and 1-2 binge animes, makes for up to 10 animes at the same time.
Apr 26, 2016 11:26 PM
May 2014
I'm a serial binge-watcher, so generally no unless I'm watching something with a friend or it's a rare occasion where I absolutely must watch a seasonal anime as it comes out. But I generally like to take care of an anime in as little sittings as possible, especially on the weekends or days off. I try to take care of >15 episode animes in two sittings, 15-25 in three, 25-50 in four, and the rare more than fifty ones in five or six. (I try to avoid super-long ones like Naruto, unless I'm just leaving a dub on for background noise.) Because of my binge-watching habit, I tend to only watch one at a time.
Apr 26, 2016 11:40 PM

Aug 2010
Usually only 2 at a time, on a rare occasion it's 3 shows but that rarely happens.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Apr 27, 2016 12:10 AM

Feb 2016
Sometimes. I prefer watching one series through, however sometimes the series (Namely longer series) just gets boring and I end up floating into another anime. So I guess when I do, it's always one, never more.

Example: I started Inuyasha last year I think, around the 80-90s I was getting bored and I stopped at episode 100. Only just earlier this month did I resume after probably watching through at least 4 other series. I'm planning to get into Dragon Ball Z, so I'm trying to knock out other animes I have. Not sure if I'll get bored and pick up a series like I did with Inuyasha.

EDIT:

I have a feeling most of the story will be kinda bland since I pretty much know everything up until the Majin Buu Saga which is the last two seasons iirc. I've played several DBZ games and seen DBZ Kai. The fillers will be interesting at least... maybe.
KiytechApr 27, 2016 12:24 AM

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Apr 27, 2016 12:25 AM

Apr 2015
I only binge watch 1 at a time. But for airing shows, multiple.
Apr 27, 2016 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
I have a few long-running shows and watch about 2 completed shows at the same time in general.
Apr 27, 2016 12:40 AM
Jan 2015
I want seasonal stuff, so yeah I do..
My Queens

Apr 27, 2016 12:41 AM

Oct 2014
I have a few seasonal I'm watching as well as an anime I'm fansubbing and an anime I'm watching normally (backlogged). Sometimes I will watch a light show to help me cope with a heavy one.
Apr 27, 2016 1:01 AM

Oct 2015
Yes, when I first really started watching anime I would just focus on one series at at time but sometimes it's good to have a variety of stuff and I couldn't wait to start other things. I don't try to watch too many series at a time though, of course I'm watching a dozen airing animes this season.
Apr 27, 2016 1:20 AM

Sep 2015
Yes. During the Winter 2016 season I was watching almost every anime that was coming out, as well as all the second cours from Fall 2015, as well as a bunch of other anime I'd picked up anyway. Had close to 50 on my watching list.

Although I've toned it down a bit at the moment. Aside from SSY and KlK (which I'm rewatching) all of my current list is either airing or is a long runner which I'll watch a bunch of episodes at a time.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Apr 27, 2016 1:32 AM
Jan 2016
No, I only watch more than one at a time when they're shows I'm watching that season. If it's something that's already completed then I just stick to that and try to finish it as fast as I can. I only ever have one "back catalog" show that I'm watching.
Apr 27, 2016 1:37 AM

Jan 2016
I only watch, at the very most, two series at a time.

I want to be completely immersed by a story, so I can't really go much more than that.
Apr 27, 2016 1:46 AM

Jun 2009
I usually watch 5-10 ongoing anime and sometimes one that has already finished airing.
Apr 27, 2016 2:02 AM

Nov 2015
I like watching somewhere between 3-7 at a time.
Can't seem to focus on one single thing for long periods of time.
I prefer to keep switching once in a while..
CapitalistGod said:

I want to be completely immersed by a story, so I can't really go much more than that.
Quite low for someone who's completed ~400 anime.
Apr 27, 2016 2:08 AM

Feb 2013
Question is a bit too vague.

- all at once? (3 screens, 3 different anime playing at the same time, etc.)
- watch one episode from this anime, switch to another anime for one ep, repeat..

If it's the watching more than one anime, switching out, 10+ anime "at a time".
Apr 27, 2016 2:12 AM

Aug 2010
GesuYarou said:
CapitalistGod said:

If anything focusing on few shows is better than shuffling trough multiple shows as you will finish them faster instead of "wasting" time with god knows how many anime that you are shuffling that will just keep pilling up until you realise you could have finished that first show that you started multiple times already, except seasonal anime ofc.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Apr 27, 2016 2:12 AM
Jul 2018
yeah, got 39 anime in my watching list
i watch all of the airing shows + some other show which already finished airing
so it's like i am watching the show which already finished airing and when new airing anime eps come out, i watch them asap and then back to the show which finished airing
Apr 27, 2016 2:14 AM

Nov 2015
BigBoss said:
GesuYarou said:

If anything focusing on few shows is better than shuffling trough multiple shows as you will finish them faster instead of "wasting" time with god knows how many anime that you are shuffling that will just keep pilling up until you realise you could have finished that first show that you started multiple times already, except seasonal anime ofc.

That's just you.
I have severe ADHD so I'd rather mix things up to keep myself interested..
Apr 27, 2016 2:20 AM

Aug 2010
GesuYarou said:
BigBoss said:

That's just you.

Wasn't really my intention to adress you personally with that post, more like the wording that you used as if someone with a big list has to watch multiple shows to have that big of a list.

Apr 27, 2016 2:22 AM

Nov 2015
BigBoss said:
GesuYarou said:

That's just you.

Wasn't really my intention to adress you personally with that post, more like the wording that you used as if someone with a big list has to watch multiple shows to have that big of a list.

Big list?
lol I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.
Have a look at my list if you want, it's anything but big..
Apr 27, 2016 2:26 AM

Aug 2010
GesuYarou said:
BigBoss said:

Big list?

You're jumping around fam, not talking about your list but about the person you adressed.
GesuYarou said:

Apr 27, 2016 2:30 AM

Nov 2015
BigBoss said:
GesuYarou said:

Big list?

You're jumping around fam, not talking about your list but about the person you adressed.
GesuYarou said:

Oh, okay then..
Fair enough, didn't really take that into context at all.

Well then I guess the lesser number of shows you watch the faster you can get through it..
Apr 27, 2016 6:03 AM

Jan 2016
GesuYarou said:

CapitalistGod said:

Well, I can watch 10-20 episodes a day, (or even 21-26, if I get really completely immersed) back then... and I just watch one anime at a time too.

So, yeah... It's just normal...lol
Apr 27, 2016 6:30 AM

Jan 2016
Currently I am watching about 18 shows-almost all current seasonal stuff with a few random shows in there too. While it shows 30 on my watching list. I add shows to my watch list like a "que" so once I finish something I pull something else out of the "que" and go at it.

I would like an extra category on the list that would be labeled "next up" or "que" but so far it works.

I always try to mix it up as I can't watch dark shows constantly so I try to through a rom-com in there at the same time to balance it out.
Apr 27, 2016 6:33 AM

Nov 2014
Yeah, especially if we count the currently airing anime.. However, aside from the currently airing ones, i tend to stick to one series especially if it's a long running ones (more than 25 episodes)
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Apr 27, 2016 6:35 AM

Feb 2016
Yes!
2 episode of One Piece a day (might vary, could be 2-4)
2 episode of Trigun a day
1-2 episode of Gundam UC timeline, which 0083 Stardust rn.
Apr 27, 2016 6:38 AM

Jan 2016
No, cause I would be lost in stories.. Although I have like 3 "watching" currently, they are OVAs that are more like fillers, so ye... (except.. to love-ru darkness 2nd ova, that still follows the story, as I could see)
Apr 27, 2016 6:45 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I watch several this season's anime weekly and I watch Yama no Susume 2 and Hokuto no Ken 2 everyday, it's fun to switch between Moe and GAR shows daily.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 27, 2016 8:45 AM

Sep 2012
Most of the time I focus on only one, but there are some times where I have one anime to watch daily (as in, I watch an episode per day or so, usually slower paced slice-of-life or something like those) while I'm marathoning another anime at a faster pace.
Apr 27, 2016 9:34 AM

Dec 2012
I'm watching 12 right now, though my usual is around 5-10.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 27, 2016 9:39 AM

Aug 2014
If we are talking about finished, yeah I usually only watch 1 of those a time. But including seasonals, not at all.
Apr 27, 2016 9:43 AM

Feb 2010
If you don't want to start multiple series but still want variety you can watch movies or OVAs if you feel like watching something different for a change before you get back to your main series.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 27, 2016 9:45 AM

Oct 2015
if its the ongoing animes i watch 8-12 animes
but other than that only 1 at a time
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» your most favorited favorite character vs. your least favorited favorite character ( 1 2 3 )

bucciest - Oct 26, 2022

102 by Horizon248 »»
19 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

31 by DigiCat »»
29 minutes ago

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 3 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

115 by DesuMaiden »»
43 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - 4 hours ago

12 by juanlqr »»
58 minutes ago

» Do you look down on people who watch dubbed anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 7

129 by velvetnyan »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.