Forum Settings
Forums

Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread v.5

New
Pages (85) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2018 10:12 PM

Jan 2013
Nanbaka. ;-;
Seriously Nanbaka is so sparkly, bubbly, bright and colourful but people seem to take this anime waaaaaay too serious.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Mar 3, 2018 10:14 PM
Have a nice day

Apr 2017
White Album 2 and A Certain Magical Index come to mind, they sure aren't perfect but I'd put them right outside my top 10.

Not particularly fond of Code Geass and Death Note. Could have lived happily without seeing Angel Beats, NGNL, or Another.

Mar 3, 2018 10:21 PM

Sep 2017
I don't know how unpopular it is, but I unironically like Boruto better than it's predecessor (anime wise, not manga).

Also, Black Clover, but I like it more ironically for just how bad and cliche it is.
Mar 4, 2018 3:07 AM
Mar 4, 2018 3:12 AM

Jun 2016
Not a big fan of Re:Zero but a lot of people like it. I wouldnt say i loved the Berserk from 2016/17 but i was able to get through the animation issues and enjoy it for the story. Then again, i have experience with bleh animation because of RWBY soooo.
"Make sure to remember, every person and place has a right to exist. It's true for you too, the entire world, as a whole, is your home." - Ginko
Mar 4, 2018 7:34 PM

Feb 2017
This is a list based on the MAL Top 100 and on my opinions:

>Overrated:
-One Piece
-Naruto
-Death Note
-Fairy Tail
-Mirai Nikki
-Kill la Kill
-Hajime no Ippo
-Great Teacher Onizuka
-Dragon Ball (Z and Super)
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
-Nichijou
-Shingeki no Kyojin
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Bleach
-anything from the Magi series
-Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

>Underrated
-Vampire Princess Miyu
-Fireball (including Charming and Humorous)
-Demi-chan Wa Kataritai
-Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai ken
-Shirobako
We are EVERYWHERE...
Mar 5, 2018 3:22 AM

Oct 2015
Overrated:
-Familiar of Zero
-Boku no Hero Academia

Underrated:
-Cuticle Tantei Inaba
-Keroro Gunso

Elitist Hipster Cancer:
-Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans
-Gundam G-Reco
-ACCA
-Rakugo Shinjuu
Mar 5, 2018 3:32 AM

Jan 2017
Overrated:
Kimi no Na wa
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Shinsekai yori
Samurai Champloo

Underrated:
Jin-Rou
Ergo Proxy
Mar 5, 2018 9:56 PM

Aug 2010
overated

evangelion - worst MC
hellsing ultimate and drifters - creepy alone smiles don't make a show good
jojos bizarre adventure S3&4 - feels like they drag on with many pointless villains
gantz - anime and manga suck. Author is a pretty good artist but a terrible writer

underrated

009-1 - new-astroboy style art in an episodic spy show
gungrave - plot driven mobster drama

https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Mar 6, 2018 8:07 PM

Feb 2015
SaltyShoebill said:
Overrated:
-Familiar of Zero
-Boku no Hero Academia

Underrated:
-Cuticle Tantei Inaba
-Keroro Gunso

Elitist Hipster Cancer:
-Gundam G-Reco
-ACCA
-Rakugo Shinjuu

i have never spoken to anyone who liked G-reco hipster or otherwise, so i bollocks to that.
Mar 6, 2018 8:33 PM

Oct 2015
GlowingAura said:
Yuri on Ice is overrated. No.6 is overrated. Practically every anime featuring a gay couple is overrated, except for Shinsekai Yori.

And you accused me of being afraid of MxM action lmao.

OT:

Overrated:
- Gintama
- One Piece
- Steins Gate
- Evangelion
- One Punch Man
- Basically any anime with edgy gore in it

Underrated:
- Flip Flappers
- Inari KonKon (cute but only got 10 episodes)
- Konohana Kitan (has some really heartwarming moments)
- Plastic Neesan (deserves a full length anime)

Stepped out from the darkness I contained in me.
Released myself form the shackles I helped create.

I've got the power of life in my hands,
and I intend to keep it.

My life has meaning after all.

Mar 6, 2018 11:20 PM

Jun 2011
Overrated:
Bakemonogatari
Tatami Galaxy
Gintama
FMA Brotherhood

Underrated: Evangelion (totally should be top 100)
Captain Harlock (I swear it is only getting downvotes because it is old)
Samurai Flamenco..... which I will never understand why people do not like it that much.
FMA 2003- Superior to Brotherhood in every way.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 6, 2018 11:26 PM

Jul 2017
Slow start is currently at 6.72, sometimes I don't understand how people rate.
Mar 6, 2018 11:30 PM

Oct 2015
Energetic-Nova said:

"Evangelion" and "underrated" in the same sentence.

Does not compute.

and I intend to keep it.

Mar 6, 2018 11:34 PM

Jun 2011
gigaparsec said:
Energetic-Nova said:

"Evangelion" and "underrated" in the same sentence.

Does not compute.

Yes. It used to be a top 10 anime on this website. And now it is down in at 249. lol.

Madoka Magica, which I hate, is rated higher than it. And it is at #122.

Evangelion is close in ranking with Utena, which is another anime I think belongs in the top 100 as well. But whatever.

Also Oniisama e is pretty under rated too. Honestly, older anime just look better. Everything modern is too shiny.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/795/Oniisama_e?q=oniisama
Mar 6, 2018 11:47 PM

Oct 2015
@Energetic-Nova You can blame that on Gintama for taking like the 20 top spots lmao.

and I intend to keep it.

Mar 6, 2018 11:48 PM

Jun 2011
gigaparsec said:
@Energetic-Nova You can blame that on Gintama for taking like the 20 top spots lmao.

Yeah. I really don't like that Gintama gets to just hog glory like that and it isn't even that great.

Comedy + Male Audience= probably over rated.

Drama + old= Probably underrated.

Drama, Scifi, Space, Adventure are my mostly highly rated genres. Action is my lowest.
Energetic-NovaMar 6, 2018 11:52 PM
Mar 7, 2018 12:29 AM

Oct 2010
Energetic-Nova said:

That's not exactly the thing with Gintama tho
Mar 7, 2018 12:17 PM

Jun 2011
jal90 said:
Energetic-Nova said:

Gintama is shounen jump. Fuck yeah it is "male audience". Doesn't matter if more women watch/read it. It is a Shonen Jump. Same with Boku no Hero and FMA. Telll me I am wrong again. Haikyuu is also Jump. I mean, honestly most of the top 50 are either shounen or Seinen. Shounen romance, seinen romance, shounen comedy, seinen comedy. And there is hardly anything else.

The highest rated female audience thing is Rakugo. Which people keep saying is underrated. XD Followed by Natusme.

Gonna point out both of these are slice of life dramas.
Energetic-NovaMar 7, 2018 12:24 PM
Mar 7, 2018 12:48 PM

Oct 2010
Energetic-Nova said:
jal90 said:

Gintama is shounen jump. Fuck yeah it is "male audience". Doesn't matter if more women watch/read it. It is a Shonen Jump. Same with Boku no Hero and FMA. Telll me I am wrong again. Haikyuu is also Jump. I mean, honestly most of the top 50 are either shounen or Seinen. Shounen romance, seinen romance, shounen comedy, seinen comedy. And there is hardly anything else.

Gintama is Shonen Jump, yes, and it is watched/read by a higher percentage of women than men regardless of that. So if you use "male audience" as a differential appeal here I think the point doesn't apply at all. Same with Haikyuu, by the way. So yes, it is true that its initial label is shonen, but its actual audience stats don't say the same thing.
Apr 7, 2018 7:43 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
teins;obnoxious, nanatsu no shit, attack on titan, tokyo ghoul, death note, akagami no shirayuki boring, hunter x hunter, garbage on ice, oregairu, and worst of all, Fairy FAIL.

Steins;gate - half the cast are obnoxious and annoying, especially that fat dude.
Fairy Tail - my little pony: friendship is magic. In fact, MLP is better than that trash.
Oregairu - boring and people think its good only because hachiman is antisocial
Snow White of the Red Hair - boring
Nanatsu no Taizai - generic and uninteresting shounen crap and meliodas and elizabeth are atrocious characters
Hunter x Hunter 2011 - chimera ant arc was dragged out for too long and kurapika and leorio should've gotten more screentime
Yuri on Ice - go watch haikyuu instead
Gurren Lagann - BORING
Apr 7, 2018 8:13 PM
Dec 2017
AnimaExZero said:

>Overrated:
-One Piece
-Naruto
-Death Note
-Fairy Tail
-Mirai Nikki
-Kill la Kill
-Hajime no Ippo
-Great Teacher Onizuka
-Nichijou
-Shingeki no Kyojin
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Bleach

>Underrated
-Vampire Princess Miyu
-Demi-chan Wa Kataritai
-Shirobako

My friend, have you watched all one piece episodes because it looks like you haven't completed the first 100 episodes,anyway if you like the an anime with a good story or good characters development i recommende you to give one piece a Chance
Apr 9, 2018 12:14 AM
Oct 2017
Issmail22Lawfy said:
AnimaExZero said:

>Overrated:
-One Piece
-Naruto
-Death Note
-Fairy Tail
-Mirai Nikki
-Kill la Kill
-Hajime no Ippo
-Great Teacher Onizuka
-Nichijou
-Shingeki no Kyojin
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Bleach

>Underrated
-Vampire Princess Miyu
-Demi-chan Wa Kataritai
-Shirobako

My friend, have you watched all one piece episodes because it looks like you haven't completed the first 100 episodes,anyway if you like the an anime with a good story or good characters development i recommende you to give one piece a Chance

Good character development? HAHAHAHAHA I had watched around 250 ep of one piece and nami tits only grew as episode progress. What a good character development? first 200 episode were good but after that it went downhill. So have to drop.
Apr 9, 2018 4:24 AM
Dec 2017
Jhon_Bacon said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

Good character development? HAHAHAHAHA I had watched around 250 ep of one piece and nami tits only grew as episode progress. What a good character development? first 200 episode were good but after that it went downhill. So have to drop.

I think you should complete,atleast the first 300 episodes.
Because you stopped in the beginning of one of the best arcs of one piece ( enies loby arc ).
Maybe the serie start slowly but the climax of it is the marineford arc around 400 episodes
AquaBlue-samaApr 9, 2018 4:31 AM
Apr 10, 2018 10:45 PM

Feb 2017
Issmail22Lawfy said:
AnimaExZero said:

>Overrated:
-One Piece
-Naruto
-Death Note
-Fairy Tail
-Mirai Nikki
-Kill la Kill
-Hajime no Ippo
-Great Teacher Onizuka
-Nichijou
-Shingeki no Kyojin
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Bleach

>Underrated
-Vampire Princess Miyu
-Demi-chan Wa Kataritai
-Shirobako

For me, if an anime can be considered "good", it has to be good from the beginning to the end. I think I don't have to wait after some episodes until it can become interesting.
I've given One Piece so many chances, but after the first 7 or 8 episodes, it only reassured that One Piece have nothing of interest to me.
We are EVERYWHERE...
Apr 10, 2018 11:04 PM

Oct 2017
SaltyShoebill said:
Overrated:
-Familiar of Zero
-Boku no Hero Academia

Underrated:
-Cuticle Tantei Inaba
-Keroro Gunso

Elitist Hipster Cancer:
-Gundam G-Reco
-ACCA
-Rakugo Shinjuu

Haha, you can have your preference sure, but having Rakugo included as elitist hipster cancer lost all your credibility lolz...

It's not even those pretentious political mecha that tries to act deep but in fact it's pretty dumb when you analyze it.
It's genuinely well written and NOT for shonen to enjoy their cookie-cutter plot.

Anyway, these type of thread is great.
Showcasing each mal users' shit taste.
Ventus_SApr 10, 2018 11:07 PM
Apr 16, 2018 6:27 PM

Apr 2017
Overrated: Re:Zero, Made in Abyss, KonoSuba.

Underrated: Heroic Age, Shigurui, The Animatrix.
Apr 16, 2018 7:41 PM

Jan 2018
I hope I'm not the first person ever to write overrated and underrated in a positive notion.

Overrated
Sword Art Online - It's so overrated it deserves to have enough season to present all of it's arc.
KonoSuba - It's so overrated that I wish I to see an ultimate ending.
Zero no Tsukaima - It's still the talk of cultural people today I wish a spin off is born.

Underrated
Studio Ghibli movies - This list may have good ratings but e.g people didn't make threads or made a club to talk about it. It's like good stuff won't be the talk of the day lol. I wish I would know their existence sooner than finding out about nisekoi xD
Apr 29, 2018 1:43 AM

Aug 2017
Overrated:

Darling in the FranXX - The drama is extremely forced. Some problem arises in one episode stays for 2 episodes and then it gets resolved so quickly deeming the events that happened previously unnecessary. Then we see a character development in the episodes dedicated to the characters individually and all of it gets thrown out the window and they either get worse or behave the very same way as before and not to mention the "power of love saves the day" thing.

Underrated:

Ajin - The premise is unique and it brings a fresh new protagonist to the table and I did have to say I liked the characters with their own quirks and abilities too bad it gets dismissed because of the full CG animation.
May 20, 2018 9:15 AM

Apr 2018
In your opinion what are some overrated anime which get too much love and attention, and why?
May 20, 2018 9:18 AM

Feb 2018
Low-hanging fruit, but: Practically the entire Dragon Ball franchise, even though I remember liking the original series. I even enjoyed DBZ when I was younger. But there's only so much rehashing and plot-stretching I can put up with.
May 20, 2018 9:21 AM

Feb 2018
This is the second thread with this topic just today.....
Why do you care ? U wont find a single indisputably good anime so if you search long enough u ll always find someone who thinks a certain series is overrated, that's because people have different tastes.
May 20, 2018 9:22 AM

Oct 2015
Only 95% of the top 200 or something, can't find my pictures

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 20, 2018 9:24 AM
Jul 2015
Overrated thread which happen all the time
May 20, 2018 9:25 AM

Nov 2017
Mars of Destruction, Pupa, Shitcom, Eromanga-sensei, and Hand Shakers.
May 20, 2018 9:29 AM

Apr 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
Why do you care ? U wont find a single indisputably good anime so if you search long enough u ll always find someone who thinks a certain series is overrated, that's because people have different tastes.

You have a point haha. I suppose I just want to see other people's opinions on shows I have watch or will watch eventually
May 20, 2018 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
Code Geass, AoT, and Tokyo Ghoul come to mind.
May 20, 2018 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
CLANNAD.

Okay designs (I'm really not into old Key designs), great production, but terrible script. Don't know if the VN is any better, but I just can't see how anyone like this.
May 20, 2018 9:37 AM
Apr 2016
2 minutes silence for those who are still mentioning some animes in this thread, OVERRATED SHITPOST!
May 20, 2018 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
Oh god the same thread is made again and again and again and yet again. Why do you even care?
May 20, 2018 9:39 AM
Apr 2018
N4rk said:
In your opinion what are some overrated anime which get too much love and attention, and why?

Attack on Titan
my hero academia
One punch man
Fate stay night

Just to name a few
May 20, 2018 9:39 AM

Mar 2018
All overrated anime are actually underrated
poop
May 20, 2018 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
Almost all of the top 200 anime in popularity are overrated.
May 20, 2018 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
Some of my favorite anime have been attacked in this post...I must defend them, or I will bring dishonor to my family, even worse, dishonor to my waifu.

But really, can something really be overrated? Or is it just all a matter of opinion? If a lot of people like it, there's probably a legitimate reason why they do, even if you don't see why.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2018 9:47 AM

Apr 2018
LuffyZoro said:
Some of my favorite anime have been attacked in this post...I must defend them, or I will bring dishonor to my family, even worse, dishonor to my waifu.

But really, can something really be overrated? Or is it just all a matter of opinion? If a lot of people like it, there's probably a legitimate reason why they do, even if you don't see why.

yeah it's all down to opinion. I should've titled this "in your opinion, whats the most overrated anime" or whatever
May 20, 2018 9:51 AM

Aug 2017
How many more of these threads until you finally pleasure your souls?
May 20, 2018 9:52 AM

Apr 2018
Daisetsu-Kun said:
Almost all of the top 200 anime in popularity are overrated.

Does that include your precious Noragami at #15 haha?
May 20, 2018 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
xShinigami3125 said:

You seem pretty upset about something so minor. If you've encountered the topic before, simply don't engage in it.

OT: Texhnolyze.
May 20, 2018 9:57 AM

Aug 2017
Great another one of these threads just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's overrated
May 20, 2018 10:00 AM

May 2012
I watched many anime, so I don't remember many of the overrated shows

But I can tell you some of the overrated in this season

Hinamatsuri (a mediocre/average comedy anime. I did not find it funny specially with latest episodes)
Megalo Box (it is not bad. I just don't think it deserve the rating it have. It should be around 7)
Steins;Gate 0 (I like this show, but 9.13 is just too high. It should be 8 at most based on the episodes I've seen)
Major 2nd (Very slow, boring in many episodes. No real match so far)
Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin (trash compared to Captain Tsubasa 2018)
thepathMay 20, 2018 10:04 AM
Pages (85) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can background characters be best girls?

Catalano - 6 hours ago

14 by Lhundrup »»
4 minutes ago

» Similar sounding Anime opening/ending songs

erikkamirs - May 3, 2020

14 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» Opinion on yaoi ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

draculalover666 - Jan 20, 2022

308 by MinusZero0 »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you pick new anime to watch thinking you probably will like it? Or just picking whatever is popular?

Rinrinka - 10 hours ago

24 by BitChilly »»
11 minutes ago

» Best brown haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 2

22 by Lhundrup »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.