Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2016 6:42 AM

Feb 2016
That was an Amazing Episode alot of great buildup, All Might is hilarous in his regular form, I seriously thought Katsuki was gonna thank Deku at the end but I guess it'd be out of chracter this early in the show
Apr 10, 2016 6:43 AM

Dec 2014
I am so happy they're adapting this properly. Thank god, they're doing this manga justice!

This episode felt a lot better than the first one, so now I'm hyped to see how the rest is handled. Although, in the end I'm always left with the sad fact that this is only a 13 episode anime... for now.
Apr 10, 2016 6:47 AM

Jun 2013
hoh, life of the academy. this gets interesting
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 10, 2016 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
So bones is taking this slow, wonder if they are thinking of anime original content? Probably USJ arc would have been the best stopping point, but now I dunno.
Anyway this was done better than the manga. I can assure anime only ones that the series gets only better.
Apr 10, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
xaos12 said:
So bones is taking this slow, wonder if they are thinking of anime original content? Probably USJ arc would have been the best stopping point, but now I dunno.
Anyway this was done better than the manga. I can assure anime only one that the series gets only better.

I assume it was only for the first chapter. The preview shows chapter 3 of the manga, so I'm assuming we'll still end on the USJ arc.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Apr 10, 2016 6:54 AM

Sep 2015
I love the adaptation and pacing
they should've made this a 25 episode anime.
Apr 10, 2016 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
AbsoluteBloom said:
xaos12 said:
Anyway this was done better than the manga. I can assure anime only one that the series gets only better.

I assume it was only for the first chapter. The preview shows chapter 3 of the manga, so I'm assuming we'll still end on the USJ arc.

You mean USJ arc completed or not?
Apr 10, 2016 7:00 AM
Mar 2016
xaos12 said:
AbsoluteBloom said:

It will definitely include all chapters of the USJ arc, the opening shows scenes from chapter 19, USJ arc ends in chapter 21, I doubt they won't adapt these last two chapters
Apr 10, 2016 7:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jakerams said:
Tokoya said:
As much as we all wanted them to adapt certain arcs, I would rather a good in depth and quality adaptation instead of them rushing through thing

I have no doubt in my mind that we will get a S2 though, this series was huge in Japan last year
True but they could always go the toei path and just keep it extremely slow paced with a longer episode count.
Bones aren't as privelaged or rich enough to do that like Toei or Pierrot which is why I never expected this to be more than one cour for now
Apr 10, 2016 7:02 AM
Dec 2014
this episode was just...fantastic! I loved it! I was on my toes when Midoriya ran towards the monster, because that particular scene had nice buildup and was even a little funny when he tried to save Kacchan haha. I am really liking this anime so far and I really hope there's a second season!
Apr 10, 2016 7:05 AM

Oct 2015
The feels were real this episode, Deku is so precious ;-;

People need to stop being so judgmental about Izuku being emotional, he just got told by his idol and number 1 hero, that he could be a hero (his life goal) even though he's been told his entire life he couldn't do it. Give the boy some slack.

They're adapting this perfectly, it's beautiful. And I personally think the end of the USJ arc is a good place to end it, the arc afterwards is too long and connected to be able to end part way through.
Apr 10, 2016 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
TheEnhancedExe said:
xaos12 said:

It will definitely include all chapters of the USJ arc, the opening shows scenes from chapter 19, USJ arc ends in chapter 21, I doubt they won't adapt these last two chapters

Oh yeah I saw that scene. Hmm maybe I guess.
Apr 10, 2016 7:07 AM

Feb 2013
Wow this anime is just too great. At the end of this episode I could not hold back my tears :'(
Apr 10, 2016 7:08 AM

Jan 2011
This episode was amazing. The build-up in the first half this episode really paid off in the second half. I really liked seeing the other heroes using the quirks to their own advantages in the situation and working together. The scene where Deku ran out without thinking to try and save Katsuki was so freaking HYPE! The OST made it even more hype-inducing, it was fantastic! After seeing Deku's act, All Might came in to save the day.

It was nice to see Katsuki indirectly thank Deku even though he was telling Deku he didn't need help. All Might's reversion back to his skinny form and the blood gag is pretty funny. The scene where All Might thanked Deku and told him that he'a also a hero was so freaking emotional and touching. Not gonna lie, I got slightly teary-eyed; it hit me right in the feels. Deku is such a respectable MC and All Might really helped Deku gain his courage and confidence back. Time to become an awesome Hero, let's go! Can't wait for the next episode.
5/5
Apr 10, 2016 7:16 AM

Apr 2015
When you're currently reading the manga
and yet you're still hype about the anime

Toho is doing great so far especially
adding correct BGM in order to emphasize
some scenes

It's a bummer though knowing there are only
13 episodes and I can pretty much guess up until
which chapter is going to be adopted

Apr 10, 2016 7:24 AM
Jul 2014
With the pace it's going at, I'm guessing 40-ish pages will be adapted for every episode or something, so around 2 chapters, 3 tops if there are battles I guess. With that pace and how the OP spoils things, the first season should end right before the Sports Festival so, right before ch22-23. Looking forward to more episodes, the animations should be pretty solid then.
With 86 chapters and counting for the manga, I think we'll definitely get a second season that might only focus on the sports festival (ch23 to 44).
Maybe we'll get two seasons a year until the anime catches up to the manga.
Apr 10, 2016 7:39 AM

Jul 2011
Holy my eyes teared up so many times this episode. They adapted this perfectly.
Apr 10, 2016 7:41 AM

Dec 2015
Mt Lady, would you please get some pants that don't match your skin tone.

Apr 10, 2016 7:41 AM
Jul 2015
Hated the first episode, but this one actually made me hold back some tears, and I laughed so hard at the ending when he said what that story was.
Apr 10, 2016 7:50 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Primeval said:
Holy my eyes teared up so many times this episode. They adapted this perfectly.
I cried like a bitch yet again this week while watching this lol

Deku is my hero
Apr 10, 2016 7:52 AM
Jan 2015
Hope the next episode ends with "that" punch
Apr 10, 2016 7:53 AM

Aug 2008
"You can become a hero"

That moment is just so epic and powerful. 2 episodes and so far it's a good start.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 10, 2016 7:54 AM

Sep 2013
I agree about people overreacting to Deku's crying. He doesn't cry for no reason, I would argue so far he's reacted to many events very realistically and in-character.
Apr 10, 2016 8:05 AM

Jul 2013
You know its a perfect adaptation when you read the manga yet the anime hypes you to no end
no
Apr 10, 2016 8:15 AM
Apr 2014
>All these people asking for more than 1 cour
It's like you want it to be shitty, rushed and for the budget to be spread out, Bones is doing this series much more justice than it deserves tbh.
Apr 10, 2016 8:24 AM

Sep 2014
I keep getting the feels :D
Apr 10, 2016 8:31 AM

Mar 2014
That sure was refreshing. I'm definitely watching this now.
Apr 10, 2016 8:33 AM
Apr 2016
Amazing episode, I feel bad for the people who dropped it ep1 😂
It only gets better from here.
Apr 10, 2016 8:36 AM
Mar 2015
I feel like there was a bit too much reliance on flashbacks of the previous episode, but otherwise I liked it.
Apr 10, 2016 8:51 AM

Sep 2013
Deflated All Might is love xD

This episode takes the cake from the first one, but the first ep definitely led to this great build up. Loved the scene when Deku ran to save Kacchan. You go, Deku!

Kacchan was so adorable at the end. Running after Deku just to say that lmao. Can't wait for the next episode~
Apr 10, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
Be a cop? Pfft. Cops only save people. I want to be a hero!

Kinda hate the little shit.
Apr 10, 2016 9:02 AM
Jan 2015
I remember having chills down my spine when i read that last scene in the manga. And now, seeing it animated, damn...
Apr 10, 2016 9:04 AM

Jun 2013
I don't know if it was because I was watching this lying down, but I totally started crying during this episode. Well done Bones. If this becomes long running and can maintain quality, this could very easily become my new all time favorite. Until then, good episode!
Apr 10, 2016 9:16 AM

Jan 2016
I'm kinda curious as to why some people voted : hated this episode?

Though it's not my opinion I can understand the MC being seen as a wuss or something.

But, why hate this episode. D:
Apr 10, 2016 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
Ailhou said:

Though it's not my opinion I can understand the MC being seen as a wuss or something.

Welcome to MAL.

Anyway this episode should at least give a little idea abt deku being one of the better shounen mc's out there. Not much, but still.
Apr 10, 2016 9:24 AM

Jan 2016
xaos12 said:
Ailhou said:

Welcome to MAL.

Anyway this episode should at least give a little idea abt deku being one of the better shounen mc's out there. Not much, but still.

Ahh I see! And well yeah honestly I already love this character! There are a lot of MCs that are crybabies / good-for-nothing at the beginning but Deku may become one of my favourites. He's got something more, idk. It's not common to make me so emotional right at the second episode.
Apr 10, 2016 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
Ailhou said:

Didn't hate it but it was pretty weak how the other heroes couldn't do anything when the answer was to punch it. Also a lot of time wasted with flash backs and more scenes about the kid with the quirk being a jerk. Mostly just hoping for better rather than worse after Tiger and Bunny and One Punch Man.
Apr 10, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
Tokoya said:
The pacing continues to flow how I want it to as well so that's an extra plus for me

Looking forward to seeing the anime only reactions to this lol but other than that, it's perfectly adapted yet again this week

I think I liked it more than in the manga this time too

Really? I've read a lil bit of the manga and it seems like the anime is having a really slow pace.
Apr 10, 2016 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
Ooooh I'm enjoying this. Deku's garbage training is next!
Apr 10, 2016 9:41 AM

Jan 2014
Sokah said:
Ailhou said:

Didn't hate it but it was pretty weak how the other heroes couldn't do anything when the answer was to punch it. Also a lot of time wasted with flash backs and more scenes about the kid with the quirk being a jerk. Mostly just hoping for better rather than worse after Tiger and Bunny and One Punch Man.
.......probably because all might basically used enough strength to create alot of wind to blast all of him away........and the other heroes werent strong enough too do that. if u watched the last episode and this its pretty obvious that all might used to wind pressure to beat him :v

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Apr 10, 2016 9:44 AM

Feb 2015
I'm usually very critical of shounen but holy damn, this show is doing shounen right.
Apr 10, 2016 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
Sokah said:
Ailhou said:

We already saw that one of the other heroes tried to punch it but it didn't work. All Might didn't punch it in the traditional sense. He was able to punch the air and the air pressure was what took him out.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Apr 10, 2016 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
Really nice episode, that last scene gave me the chills
Apr 10, 2016 9:55 AM

Feb 2013
Really Getting into this anime now after 2 episodes (still absolutely love the op), It's starting to come to a point where i might pick up the Manga.

Anyhow, after how they hinted last episode i kinda figured All-Mights "weakness" of sorts was a timer on his Invulnerable body. but thanks to Izuku will this timer get longer?
Gotta say, seeing the priorities some of the multiple heroes took (alongside numerous downsides to their quirks) showed how not everyone can save the day (even those with a quirk); alongside Izuku rushing in was pretty damn cool!

I was a tad Surprised to see that those explosions didn't make the water dissipate when Baku used his powers.

Next Episode, Training Montage(?), Alongside my question of the week, "Can you give someone else your quirk?". And Possibly the Introduction to the academy?

Bobby2Hands said:
Mt Lady, would you please get some pants that don't match your skin tone.

I See nothing wrong hehe
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Apr 10, 2016 9:56 AM

Nov 2010
Tokoya said:
Jakerams said:
This was great my only problem still remains the episode count with this anime otherwise it's a great adaption so far.
As much as we all wanted them to adapt certain arcs, I would rather a good in depth and quality adaptation instead of them rushing through things to get to the epic stuff

I have no doubt in my mind that we will get a S2 though, this series was huge in Japan last year

Considering the OP, it looks like they want to adapt the first two arcs, so most likely the pace will pick up pretty soon.

Since the last episode considering how much you and a few others hyped the manga here, I've read the first 67 chapters so far, and while it did improve significantly and the execution was above average, I still don't see it as the next big thing in terms of anime.
Apr 10, 2016 9:57 AM

May 2013
Kinda weird that Almight revealed his secret and weakness while the villain inside the bottle could have heard everything he was saying.

The episode was better than the first but at least 1/5 of it was flashbacks from ep 1.
Daw11Apr 10, 2016 10:03 AM
Apr 10, 2016 9:57 AM
Jul 2014
Weird how last thread had a bunch of people criticizing the show but this one is mostly positive now that they've adapted the rest of chapter one.

Anyway good episode, interested to see what kind of training Deku goes through with All Might.
Apr 10, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
holy shit the adaption WAS SO FUCKING PERFECT. In the manga I was able to hold my tears, but I wasn't able to do that in the anime.

The OST, the voice actors, I cried like a child. And that final scene in the sunset was too beautiful...

You can be a hero, Deku. You can, my boy. ;w;

5/5.
Apr 10, 2016 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
amazing episode!
all mighty turned out to be something i totally didn't expect but still, he saved the day
deku is amazing too, doing that when he's quirkless..
Apr 10, 2016 10:05 AM
Mar 2016
DoctorWasabi said:
Tokoya said:
The pacing continues to flow how I want it to as well so that's an extra plus for me

Looking forward to seeing the anime only reactions to this lol but other than that, it's perfectly adapted yet again this week

I think I liked it more than in the manga this time too

Really? I've read a lil bit of the manga and it seems like the anime is having a really slow pace.

I don't know how much you've read but they would need to adapt 44 chapters into 13 episodes if they made the pacing faster. And adapting 44 chapters into 13 episodes is way too fast pacing. It looks like they'll adapt the first 21 chapters but the arc after the first 21 chapters is 23 chapters long and it wouldn't make sense to adapt only half of an arc.
It may feel slow atm because they need to drag on some parts, but it looks like it'll be 1,5-2 chapters per episode from now on. With this pacing, the anime won't catch up that much to the manga. With this pacing, we could easily get one split cour per year without worrying that the anime could catch up to the manga.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.