Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2016 9:15 AM

Jan 2012
It seems most Americans i have talked to irl or internet dislike soccer

little proof:

Don't understand why , i mean it's the most popular game in the world

and soccer takes skills so it's becz they don't have skill or they don't understand it.

Discuss!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2016 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
they hate it because their main shitty sport took its name
Apr 4, 2016 9:21 AM

Apr 2012
I don't like it, or dislike it. I'm just neutral/uninterested towards it. Now snowboarding and volleyball! Those are sports I can get behind!
Apr 4, 2016 9:25 AM

Mar 2008
On the individual level, no not all of them dont like it. On the collective level yes many have a hatred for it and consider it a pussy sport.

I used to play on a soccer a lot in elementary school. I never was able to play soccer beyond that since no one really played.
Apr 4, 2016 9:27 AM

May 2015
It's one of the most popular sports with children, and it's also very popular with the immigrant population and some cities up north and west.

Saying that all Americans hate the real football is a massive generalization. There are a huge number of fans and they're just as passionate as any European hooligans. Search "Seattle Sounders fans" if you want to see us football-hating Muricans hate "sawcuh".

I played in middle school and while I was terrible at it, I love watching it.
Apr 4, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2015
They hate it cause they suck at it, it's as simple as that.
Apr 4, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
Not anymore, no. It's getting wildly popular among younger people.
Apr 4, 2016 9:34 AM

May 2014
Its hated because it requieres actual skill like basket ball.
Its more complicated then having a bunch of gorrillas smashing into each other or a bunch of monkies runing around playing catch.
Apr 4, 2016 9:41 AM

Dec 2013
Americans do like soccer but other sports are currently more polarizing and lucrative in the U.S.
The MLS has been gaining a lot of older stars in recent years but until the MLS is a strong football league in the world.
It will lag behind the other sports that our current top athletes choose to play. Personally I'm a Huge Arsenal Fan. Hell I'm wearing an Arsenal Shirt right now.
Apr 4, 2016 9:43 AM
Mar 2013
They hate it so much they don't even use its correct name.

I think football is only popular in Europe and Latin America.
Apr 4, 2016 9:43 AM
Jun 2014
ZA_WAYD said:
Its hated because it requieres actual skill like basket ball.
Its more complicated then having a bunch of gorrillas smashing into each other or a bunch of monkies runing around playing catch.

Yep and the matches are not just an ad fest for products. I'm sure there's a reason why soccer is a world sport while american football is only a national sport.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Apr 4, 2016 9:46 AM

Jan 2012
traed said:
consider it a pussy sport.

pussy how is that ? Most people that talk crap about soccer probably can't kick a ball correctly.

lol :

Apr 4, 2016 9:50 AM

Jul 2011
Murica seem itself as the greatest gift that god send to Earth, so they dislike sports where they aren't in the top-tier.
Apr 4, 2016 9:53 AM
Sep 2014
Usually little kids like soccer but eventually grow up and like other things like vag and drugs
Apr 4, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2012
Cody said:
Might as well ask if all Black people have big dicks, right?

Wait what lol plz stay on topic we are talking about soccer not Black people or dicks ?

crashinho said:
They hate it cause they suck at it, it's as simple as that.

True story , I couldn't have said it better myself .

Apr 4, 2016 9:55 AM

May 2015
It's a shitty game that consists of mostly running around. It's boring as fuck and I despise the culture.

In fact, pretty much any serious championship in sport has a shitty culture. Fuck that. Play sports instead.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 4, 2016 9:56 AM

Nov 2015
Not that true. In my part of the country (North Eastern) a lot of people love soccer, including myself. This might also be because this is where many foreigners congregate (particularly hispanics) I can't speak for the middle of the country but I know some of the best soccer schools in the nation are located there so it seems like there is a growing demand for decent soccer programs across the country. America will learn to love soccer when we start getting better at it (which we have been recently)
Apr 4, 2016 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
I heard that MLS is a thing in America right now, but since I am not an American I cant exactly tell into what extent that statements hold true.

Anyway, that guy in the video might be just a troll or simply never watched football match before. Some of his arguments are baseless and even just sound like personal rants for me.

Hibbington said:
Personally I'm a Huge Arsenal Fan. Hell I'm wearing an Arsenal Shirt right now.
And yet, this is another disappointing season for us Arsenal fans sadly.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Apr 4, 2016 10:09 AM

Mar 2008
AllenVonStein said:
traed said:

pussy how is that ? Most people that talk crap about soccer probably can't kick a ball correctly.

Because its not American Football. They think its not manly enough for them if they arent knocking heads all the time.
Apr 4, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2016
it's a shitty little sport, boring.
Apr 4, 2016 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
Cuz it is not major sport in USA, period . That and Eu clubs and nationtal teams are just have much wider gap in dedication skill aside.
Apr 4, 2016 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
It's boring and long with fags calling "he hit me" every other 3 minutes

God bless amen
Apr 4, 2016 10:17 AM
Jun 2014
traed said:
Because its not American Football. They think its not manly enough for them if they arent knocking heads all the time.

And yet the players in american football have to wear protection while rugby players just tough it out.

so manly!
Apr 4, 2016 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
Unknown- said:
traed said:

And yet the players in american football have to wear protection while rugby players just tough it out.

so manly!

Yeah the u.s doesn't have rugby team at all
Apr 4, 2016 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
UpperCat said:

Hibbington said:
Personally I'm a Huge Arsenal Fan. Hell I'm wearing an Arsenal Shirt right now.
And yet, this is another disappointing season for us Arsenal fans sadly.

Well that is what happens when you don't deliver in the transfer windows. That is where the disappointment is. The actual play is exactly where we should be. We aren't a championship team with this group. We need someone who can flirt with a 30 goal season.
Apr 4, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
They love handegg instead of football.
Apr 4, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
It's because America is shit at real football. America has never won or even been a runner up in any of the men's Fifa World Cups since 1930. Latin American countries like Brazil and Argentina completely destroy it in that regard. However America has had some luck in the women's world cup and won on 3 occasions.
Apr 4, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
Unknown- said:
traed said:

so manly!
Football is game of sprints, abrupt stops and high uncontrolled impact. Comparatively, rugby is a game of perpetual motion where the physical contact is much more controlled. Padding also adds mass and more mass results in a more force on impact.
Apr 4, 2016 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
JD2411 said:

I think football is only popular in Europe and Latin America.
It's also popular in Africa, the Middle East and the Caribbean. Europe and Latin America are just the best at it.
Apr 4, 2016 12:55 PM

Feb 2016
That's because americans like sports that have a huge score, like Basketball, American Football, Hockey, Baseball... Soccer has a small score, like 1x0, 2x1, 3x2...

ps: Soccer is my favorite sport and I play a loooot
''Ask not the Sparrow, how the Eagle soars'' - Kiryūin Satsuki
Apr 4, 2016 1:07 PM

May 2014
lmao, all this hate for a SPORT ... this place is infested with salty shlobs, smfh.

@OP: i think the thread did actually serve its purpose in the end: all this feedback and backlash over a sport is kind of like saying "yes we hate soccer".
Apr 4, 2016 1:10 PM

Mar 2016
I always assumed Moroccans loved soccer, but I wouldn't know since I'm American:)

I don't think that we hate soccer, but we are rather partial to American sports. Americans aren't the best at international sports, so we just make our own.
MadcattApr 4, 2016 1:13 PM
Apr 4, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
Unknown- said:
traed said:

so manly!

Why is it that there's always a rugby fan bringing this up when American football is mentioned? Lol.

Veneficia said:

http://usarugby.org

Didnt take even a minute to realize the guy in the video is a douche. I doubt the majority of Muricans dislike "soccer". It just isn't their national sport.
Apr 4, 2016 1:15 PM

Nov 2008
Soccer is just underrepresented here well until the World Cup that is and even then that's been a recent occurrence like the early 2000's.

Apr 4, 2016 1:20 PM

Aug 2013
Rustyze said:
That's because americans like sports that have a huge score, like Basketball, American Football, Hockey, Baseball... Soccer has a small score, like 1x0, 2x1, 3x2...
Cricket has huge scores and Americans dislike it as much as football (soccer).
Apr 4, 2016 1:23 PM
Jun 2014
Necromia said:

Why is it that there's always a rugby fan bringing this up when American football is mentioned? Lol.

I'm not a fan of rugby, I just know some of the differences between rugby and american football.
Apr 4, 2016 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
Again with you using the term Muricans and trying to generalize an entire group of people from the same country. Tsk tsk tsk. No not all Americans hate soccer but a good bit of people hear don't care for it either.
Apr 4, 2016 1:29 PM

Jan 2015
Let me tell ya somethin' son: Here in Hamburger land, we throw our footballs with our hands; we don't kick it around like a bunch a pansies.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Apr 4, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2010
AllenVonStein said:
traed said:

pussy how is that ?

It isn't large black men running into eachother.
Apr 4, 2016 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Necromia said:
Unknown- said:

so manly!

Veneficia said:

http://usarugby.org

Didnt take even a minute to realize the guy in the video is a douche. I doubt the majority of Muricans dislike "soccer". It just isn't their national sport.
I should have put ///sarcasm or something
Apr 4, 2016 2:05 PM

Sep 2015
Yes, they even changed the name to prove how much they hate it.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 4, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2015
OH. I thought the guy in the videos was trolling, but he wasn't... kek so much cringe.
Apr 4, 2016 2:25 PM

Aug 2014
Because Americans are complete shit when it comes to 'soccer'. And please don't call it soccer, it's football.
Apr 4, 2016 2:32 PM
Mar 2011
gallivant said:
AllenVonStein said:

pussy how is that ?

It isn't large black men running into eachother.

as a fan lokk back and the 70's and 80's soccer/Football was alot more hardhitting that is fact

aot player now are psuuies
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 4, 2016 2:39 PM

Jan 2012
Thoootje said:
And please don't call it soccer, it's football.

Well xd i used that term so people who live in America understand that i am not talking about American football

Apr 4, 2016 3:07 PM

Jan 2016
Thoootje said:
Because Americans are complete shit when it comes to 'soccer'. And please don't call it soccer, it's football.

they suck because its a ridiculous little sport, but if they gave a damn about it they would be good at it i guess.
Apr 4, 2016 8:24 PM

Feb 2015
ya most dont like it, im not really sure why ( probably my favorite sport) , its more popular among Hispanic Americans usually.
Apr 4, 2016 8:43 PM

Feb 2012
Well, as a spectator sport it's the most boring thing ever. That's why the soccer fans get drunk and start fighting and lynching referees instead. American football is much more entertaining.
Apr 4, 2016 8:45 PM
Mar 2016
cause, American football is a lot manlier

you workout constantly to pack on the muscle, a lot of players get super heavy, wear heavy gear and slam into the guys on the other side and hold them back so the ball can get past the other side

it's kind of like a strategic, regulated fight almost to get ahold of the ball and is damn fun to watch

soccer on the other hand doesn't have the same weight to it and so isn't entertaining to Americans who watch football for the above qualities.

in soccer you can get the ball just by running real fast, less exciting
Apr 4, 2016 8:51 PM

Sep 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
Rustyze said:
Cricket has huge scores and Americans dislike it as much as football (soccer).

Soccer > cricket, always. Also, hockey doesn't have large scores, and scores in baseball don't typically get that large.

I remember reading somewhere that it is the most played sport among kids until high school where football, basketball, and baseball surpass it.

I personally have no interest in the MLS (there are no teams around me, or from cities I like). And I don't have interest in watching European sports leagues. I do, however, enjoy the World Cup and the Olympics.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

65 by tsukareru »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 3 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

29 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» What's the most illegal thing you've ever done? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 15

51 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.