Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Which one is the true masterpiece anime?
Steins: Gate
79.1%
Erased
12.3%
Can't decide
8.5%
235 votes
Mar 25, 2016 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
Note: If you watched both the anime then reply/vote this thread. If you not you can leave.

Ok. I have finished watching Erased, satisfied with the ending. Overall 9/10 for the plot.

Now my friends compared Erased with Steins; Gate which is another masterpiece anime (my favorite tho). Some says Erased, some says Steins; Gate, some can't decide. So if you compare them two which is overall the best anime?

Off topic: Any Attack On Titan fans out there? please take some time and reply to my thread here.

Link - http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1492998
fistyoursoulMar 25, 2016 9:11 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 25, 2016 9:11 AM

May 2012
For me, it's Steins;Gate.

Steins;Gate gave me the feels + frickin' hilarious moments. Not to mention, Miyano Mamoru did a great job in portraying Okabe Rintarou. Steins;Gate was one helluva ride :D
Mar 25, 2016 9:11 AM

Aug 2015
I like both anime... and thread like this is against the rules.
Mar 25, 2016 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Oh shit not this again. They aren't even comparable.

How can you compare a show with plot holes and loose ends, with a show that doesn't have almost any of of that?
Mar 25, 2016 9:12 AM

Apr 2014
Comparing anime against the rules? Didn't know that sorry..
Mar 25, 2016 9:14 AM

Jul 2013
Did Boku Dake had Kana Hanazawa, maddo sientistos or tuturus? Not, true? Then the response is obvious.
Mar 25, 2016 9:14 AM
Aug 2015
They are both similar in some aspects and completely different in others. I wouldn't call it a fair comparison to compare both. For example let's look at the "Time Travel" aspect. Steins;Gate actually takes its time travel seriously by imposing certain restrictions on it and explores the depth of time travel and its consequences on changing the future.

ERASED uses the gimmick of time travel to explore and develop the primary character, Satoru. You will notice how he uses his ability twice and then it's never again used or mentioned. It's just a plot device for the main aim of the show which is developing Satoru.
Mar 25, 2016 9:17 AM

Aug 2014
Steins;Gate has:
- Better characters
- Better story telling
- Better development
- Better romance
- Proper explanation for the stuff going on

Erased has:
- Better soundtracks
- Better...uhh that's it?

Steins;Gate it is, though it's unfair to compare a 24 ep show to a 12 ep one, since there'll likely be some restrictions/cut off stuff.
Mar 25, 2016 9:21 AM
Mar 2015
I'd say that erased had a better first few episodes but they are fundamentally different shows one is a story with time travel and the other is a story about time travel.
Mar 25, 2016 9:21 AM

Dec 2015
Lol is that really a question ? I'm not that huge of a Steins Gate fan but at least it does well what it's supposed to do, unlike ERASED. Not that they're comparable in any way.

And like stated above this kind of thread is against the rules. You didn't know so it's okay, just don't make new ones in the future.
Mar 25, 2016 9:24 AM
Dec 2008
I chose Steins;Gate

They are both really good for me. I gave them both 10/10.

But I strongly believe that it's also not really fair to compare a 12 episode anime to a 24 episode anime, in which producers can develop the characters in the anime a lot better and efficiently.

Ending for Erased was really good and acceptable for me, but I personally had a feeling that the producers tried to conclude the anime with a fast pace. I was like WHERE IS MY AIRI??? until the end. I would've been very disappointed if didn't appear until the end, which I totally knew she would come out even for a second :)
Mar 25, 2016 9:26 AM

Mar 2014
Are we really having this conversation?

STEINS GATE MOTHER FUCKER!

Steins Gate did what Erased did much better than the latter, not just because SG had more eps, it also just had better, more dynamic characters and wasn't trying so hard to be shocking/brutal and was, jsut realistic.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Mar 25, 2016 9:28 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
inb4 thread closed.
Also obvious poll results are obvious.
Mar 25, 2016 9:30 AM
Dec 2008
KingRequiem said:

And like stated above this kind of thread is against the rules. You didn't know so it's okay, just don't make new ones in the future.

tbh I think his statement is true because this makes Erased look bad comparatively. People have their opinions but could also lead to a fight. I really like both animes and they serve different purpose on different levels. Made me rethink about how this kind of thread is really inappropriate.
Mar 25, 2016 9:30 AM

Oct 2014
how can anyone prefer this trainwreck of a series to steins gate?
Mar 25, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
Sorry I will not make these types of thread in future.
Mar 25, 2016 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
gabrielrroiz said:

3 intelligent people preferred it.
Mar 25, 2016 9:37 AM

Oct 2014
xaos12 said:
gabrielrroiz said:

3 intelligent people preferred it.

3 geniuses that can understand the brilliant storytelling of erased
and i say this as someone that never considered steins gate a masterpiece
Mar 25, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2015
Seriously?! SERIOUSLY?! I'm really salty right now that SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD COMPARING A MASTERPIECE to ERASED?!?!?!

Erased is a Steins;Gate wannabe. They tried to use same plot and theme. Going back to the past and save someone you loved.

From this point I'm gonna talk Steins;Gate spoiler.

We see that there were build up for time travelling, SERN and characters settings were perfect. Meeting Rukako, Faris, Moeka, and Suzuha made the story going.

Then we have them sending D-Mails. That creates a butterfly effect. There are no butterfly effects from the consequences of Satoru's action. They only thing he changed is the life of someone that should've died. Meanwhile Okabe faces the trial of choosing between the two he loves and sacrifice one of them (in which you can get 3 different endings in the VN)

They even had proper explanations and understanding of the power of time. Here we have Satoru with his out of nowhere power, revival, as a plot convenience.

Let's not even talk about the despairs that each lab members have to go through. One does not change time without sacrificing anything, in Okabe's case, choosing either letting Mayuri died and live in the alpha world line. Or go to the beta world line, destroys everyone he cares (Faris' dad, Rukako's dream, and Suzuha's death) and kills Kurisu. We don't see Satoru making any choices in this anime.

Okabe Rintarou is a better MC than Satoru.

To think that there are 5 people chooses Erased over Steins;Gate shows me how ridiculous this is.

Mar 25, 2016 9:40 AM

Mar 2014
Why are you even comparing Boku Dake to Steins;Gate in the first place?

What similarities do they have apart from the time traveling and saving someone dear to you aspects? None

OT: Steins;Gate
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 25, 2016 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
ERASED was a fun ride. Not as great as S;G, but that doesn't mean it was good.
Mar 25, 2016 9:42 AM

Sep 2015
Lol, Boku Dake isn't even close to as great as Steins;Gate is. The pacing in the last 3 episodes was ridiculous.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 25, 2016 9:53 AM

Mar 2015
ColdBreeze said:

Don't forget this is the forum for Erased, so obviously here are some fans of Erased.
But even here Steins;Gate is in lead, that says a lot though.

I mean come on. Now there's 7 people?!?! There are some people in this world saying this anime is BETTER than Steins;Gate?! Have they even meet the MAD SCIENTIST, HOUOUIN KYOUMA?!?!

Heck. Even though Steins;Gate anime have some removed scenes from the VN (chapter 7 and 8 both being condensed to one episode each), it still makes it more masterpiece than Erased as they are still able to establishes Rukako and Faris's characterization. Meanwhile the teacher is fucking joke in the anime. His history got thrown out.

Mar 25, 2016 10:05 AM

Nov 2014
lol, they really made a poll to compare Erased and S;G?
In any world line, any time, any place, S;G is 100 times better than Erased.
Mar 25, 2016 10:07 AM

Oct 2009
You're comparing them why?
Obviously Steins; Gate is better, everything is explained better. Steins; Gate had confusing intro eps, that made me almost DROP it but it did explain things in the end...
While BokuMachi's intro was awesome, the ending was rushed, not explaining everything.
BUT I gave both a 10 since I like them a lot. XD
Why be stingy with a score when you LIKED an anime right? :p

BokuMachi was a like a SUPER simple version (not simplified) of Steins; Gate imo

Mar 25, 2016 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
What a stupid poll!
Why do you even compare it? :O S;G has nothing to do with Boku Dake and vice versa.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 25, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2014
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

That goes for the series discussion too.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, simple listing, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.