Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2017 9:57 AM

Nov 2013
kallah said:
@abystoma2

The GAR achievement on Malgraph was updated a few months ago to include the Dragon Ball franchise.

If I recall, the point of watching Toriko for the GAR challenge was to watch the longest GAR anime... well that's not the case anymore since DBZ has 291 episodes (if sequels are excluded, Dragon ball has 153).

I've added DBZ, but I also left Toriko and LoGH there, for users who already started working on it.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jun 5, 2017 11:30 AM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1494983
Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Zexal Second: Iza! Saishuu Kessen e!! Special should be required. It has been subbed. The file is titled [NACSubs] Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal II Barian Special Recap II [5D45EC03].mkv
and it is available on Neo Ark Cradle's forum along with every other episode of Yugioh for free. NACsubs did the vast majority of Zexal's Second Season when the original group GX_ST dropped it.
[And this special along with "Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Zexal Second: Midokoro Tenkomori Special" should be merged. I submitted a DB change request b/c they're both recap eps of the same season. So just a heads up that sometime in the future they'll be under one name.]

Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Duel Monsters: Battle City Special has been subbed as well. I posted on their forum and someone replied with the RAW and sub file.

Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V has finished airing.
Yu☆Gi☆Oh! (2017) has now started up airing and it formally titled Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS. Crunchyroll is showing this one.
lanbladeJun 6, 2017 5:00 AM
Jun 12, 2017 3:10 AM

Nov 2013
@lanblade
Could you please PM me link to the Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Zexal Second: Iza! Saishuu Kessen e!! and Battle City Special? I can't seem to find it.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jun 13, 2017 11:50 PM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132#msg47145761
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1509277#msg45965234

In reference to the Code Geass material.
1. Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Kiseki no Birthday Picture Drama Flash Special has been subbed today by the group UBS and is available on Nyaa. Please make this a required item for both challenges since it is easily available.
2. Please add [X] Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (no release date announced) to the unaired section of the CLAMP challenge.
Jun 22, 2017 4:39 AM

Nov 2013
@AYOSHINA

In the HoF, Top 100 Challenge, abystoma2 is listed twice.

In the Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Challenge sign-up code there's a entry missing: https://myanimelist.net/anime/550
The total is 17 not 15. Also please update the official thread.

Jun 22, 2017 9:41 AM

Aug 2015
renzoushi said:
@AYOSHINA

In the HoF, Top 100 Challenge, abystoma2 is listed twice.

In the Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Challenge sign-up code there's a entry missing: https://myanimelist.net/anime/550
The total is 17 not 15. Also please update the official thread.

Thanks, will correct that.
Jun 27, 2017 11:06 PM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132&show=50#msg48853215
Remove the green (Airing). The show has finished.

"[X] Kill la Kill Special" should now be "[X] Kill la Kill Specials" and moved to Bonus. The 2nd special is a recap which hasn't been ripped in English online yet. It is available in English for anyone who buys the BD/DVD English licensed combo. But that's a big hoop to jump through for this challenge.

Add
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31035/Inferno_Cop_Specials
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33770/Kirin_Hyoketsu__Atarashiku_Ikou_Animation_Movie (English transcript available but it is not 'subbed')
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35716/Inferno_Cop_2nd_Season (unaired)
to bonus as well.
[The Kirin one has English here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-08-02/studio-trigger-fukuoka-animates-kirin-beer-ad/.104948 but it's not timed to a video and also it's a bit tough to find the video itself nowadays. Definitely bonus-worthy due to the hoops you need to jump through.]
lanbladeJun 27, 2017 11:11 PM
Jun 30, 2017 11:51 AM

Feb 2009
In the 52-Weeks challenge there are 2 requirements:
[X] Watch a demon or vampire or thriller or cars series.
[X] Watch a thriller series.
So thriller genre is used twice, could this be a mistake?

And reporting a typo in the explanation post of the Series-per-2-days challenge ("show EAMPLE" in the spoiler button description).
Jul 3, 2017 6:34 PM

Mar 2012
Fate/ Type-Moon Challenge suggestions

Fate/Apocrypha should now be a required entry for both versions, with its own subsection. It started airing, is being fansubbed and is announced to be streamed on Netflix in the future.

Unreleased
Delist Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Specials, it finished airing and is already in Bonus section.
Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Movie have been retitled.
Add Heaven's Feel 2 and 3, as well as Fate/Extra Last Encore, to the list.

Jul 10, 2017 4:05 PM

Apr 2016
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this type of thing, but I noticed this oversight in the newsletters.

Kreyul said:

Clover was the first to complete the Conquered version of the Recommendation Challenge. (21/2)

and
Kreyul said:

Sojin was the first to complete the Conquered version of the Recommendation Challenge. (4/05)

Also, I know I should leave inspecting to the inspectors, but Sojin's run is invalid, due to a misunderstanding in how the recommendation challenge works. I know the reason that it hasn't yet is because everything is so backed up right now, so I mean no disrespect, but shouldn't this have been verified before it made it to the pioneers section of the newsletter?
Jul 10, 2017 4:32 PM

Dec 2015
Helvian494743 said:
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this type of thing, but I noticed this oversight in the newsletters.

Kreyul said:

Clover was the first to complete the Conquered version of the Recommendation Challenge. (21/2)

and
Kreyul said:

Sojin was the first to complete the Conquered version of the Recommendation Challenge. (4/05)

Also, I know I should leave inspecting to the inspectors, but Sojin's run is invalid, due to a misunderstanding in how the recommendation challenge works. I know the reason that it hasn't yet is because everything is so backed up right now, so I mean no disrespect, but shouldn't this have been verified before it made it to the pioneers section of the newsletter?

The point of the Pioneer section is to show the achievements made in the last two weeks. Usually, I would delete the Pioneer entry once it's marked invalid (so, others could have a shot at it), but I haven't had the time lately to fix it.
Jul 26, 2017 9:40 AM

Aug 2010
slurpeee said:
Suggesting New Challenge/Collection
Challenge Name: Drama Challenge
Requirements/Rules:

Format/Criteria:

[*] Watch an anime adapted from a web manga or 4-koma

This criteria should be changed. I checked to see how many drama entries were valid for this... and all I could find (unless I made a mistake while verifying) was Kotoura-san, Nanbaka + its special, Made in Abyss and some obscure anime with a sub-200 member count.
kallahAug 6, 2017 2:00 PM
Jul 30, 2017 9:46 AM

Oct 2008
Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Z should be added to the Cardfight!! Collection as UNRELEASED. It will start Oct 8th, 2017.
"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
Aug 5, 2017 7:43 AM

Feb 2017
Anyone know a anime I could use for the 2017 challenge that's along the lines of Zaregoto and isn't really long? Maybe 12-24 episodes at most?
Aug 6, 2017 12:15 AM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132&show=50#msg48951337

1. IDOLM@STER Xenoglossia Specials should now be required. A torrent on Nyaa titled "[DVDISO] IDOLM@STER Xenoglossia [R1]" was released. These are the American DVD rips which have the specials and they are 100% subtitled. This DVD release had never previously been ripped before so this is quite a treat.

2. "Cinderella Girls Gekijou (Airing)" needs to have the airing removed as it is done airing.

3. https://myanimelist.net/anime/35346/Cinderella_Girls_Gekijou__Kayou_Cinderella_Theater needs to be added as a required item.

4. https://myanimelist.net/anime/35883/Cinderella_Girls_Gekijou_2nd_Season needs to be added as unreleased.

5. https://myanimelist.net/anime/35805/Cinderella_Girls_Gekijou_Specials needs to be added to Bonus (no subs)
lanbladeOct 22, 2018 1:17 PM
Aug 15, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2016
I've noticed that some collections (which meet the minimum requirements) suggested by various users are not added,like the Ryukishi07 collection and the Monogatari series collection. @Scrouge06 and @Akai_Shuichi discussed about the Ryukishi collection in this thread and Akai brought up the sub problem,but @OrangeMelon suggested the Monogatari one in another thread and to me it seems that it doesn't have any problems. Sorry if I'm overstepping my user's boundaries but this is only out of curiosity. I didn't mean to offend anyone.
Aug 15, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2010
DarkPasquale said:
I've noticed that some collections (which meet the minimum requirements) suggested by various users are not added,like the Ryukishi07 collection and the Monogatari series collection. @Scrouge06 and @Akai_Shuichi discussed about the Ryukishi collection in this thread and Akai brought up the sub problem,but @OrangeMelon suggested the Monogatari one in another thread and to me it seems that it doesn't have any problems. Sorry if I'm overstepping my user's boundaries but this is only out of curiosity. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

You're not overstepping any boundary, don't worry.

About the Monogatari Collection, that's something that's actually being taken into consideration right now. Every collection that is suggested is taken into account by the staff here, and if it meets the criterias, chances are it will be added sooner or later. Of course, you're always free to remind us of some of them if you think we forgot about one (it's unlikely, because we check the post, but it can definitely happen).

After some quick check with the Monogatari Collection, at the time it was posted, it actually didn't meet the requirements, since Koyomimonogatari hadn't aired yet (it was about to), Kizumonogatari II also had not aired and I'm not sure if at the time Kizumonogatari I was available for download. Of course, that is not the case anymore and now the collection does meet the requirements, but like I said, it just happens that we were discussing about it yesterday (or was it the day before yesterday... anyways, just a short while ago).

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Aug 15, 2017 3:46 PM

Jun 2016
Akai_Shuichi said:
DarkPasquale said:

You're not overstepping any boundary, don't worry.

About the Monogatari Collection, that's something that's actually being taken into consideration right now. Every collection that is suggested is taken into account by the staff here, and if it meets the criterias, chances are it will be added sooner or later. Of course, you're always free to remind us of some of them if you think we forgot about one (it's unlikely, because we check the post, but it can definitely happen).

After some quick check with the Monogatari Collection, at the time it was posted, it actually didn't meet the requirements, since Koyomimonogatari hadn't aired yet (it was about to), Kizumonogatari II also had not aired and I'm not sure if at the time Kizumonogatari I was available for download. Of course, that is not the case anymore and now the collection does meet the requirements, but like I said, it just happens that we were discussing about it yesterday (or was it the day before yesterday... anyways, just a short while ago).

Thank you for your answer, I actually thought about the fact that they hadn't been aired yet at the time of the submission of the challenge but I wasn't sure it was the main reason. Thank you again for your time.
Aug 19, 2017 11:15 AM

Oct 2011
Can someone explain, please, about year based challenge. There is one rule that I can't understand:
You can use series you've already watched (especially since there aren't enough subbed series to disclude the already seen) ― it doesn't matter when you watched the series; you don't have to use/count something you've already watched.

So can I use previously watched series or not for this challenge?
Aug 19, 2017 11:19 AM

Apr 2010
Fire__Phoenix said:

Yes, you can.
Aug 19, 2017 11:27 AM

Oct 2011
Jhiday said:
Fire__Phoenix said:

Yes, you can.

Thank you for answer!
Aug 27, 2017 1:06 AM

Aug 2014
Hi there,
I don't understand the upgrade system for the challenges.
For example I finished some of the easy genre challenges before I join the club.
So that means i cant use them for the medium/hard challenges, but then what is that upgrade system for?

But also does that means if I start the medium challenge with a new anime list, I can upgrade it to Hard difficulty so that i finish both challenges or do i need to make a new list for the hard difficulty as well?
GDMH39Aug 27, 2017 1:19 AM
Aug 27, 2017 2:58 AM

Apr 2010
GDHM39 said:
Hi there,

The upgrade system is mostly there for people who focus on achieving the hardest difficulties for each challenge (without really caring about also having the easier difficulties), but do want their progress recorded as they go.

For example, here are three possible strategies for challenge X, with three difficulties (giving respectively L, M & N points) :

Club Member #1 only works on the Hard difficulty of challenge X. They turn it in after months of working on it, and get N points.

Club Member #2 wants to do all difficulties. They work on it for months, in whatever order they want, and turn it in three times (once for each difficulty) ; they'll eventually get (L+M+N) points.

Club Member #3's true objective is the Hard difficulty, but right now they've only achieved the equivalent of the Easy difficulty (usually that's very quick thanks to the "previously seen" allowance). They can turn the Easy version in now, for L points. Then, after they've worked on it some more and now have the equivalent of the Medium requirements done, they can turn that in as an upgrade for M points... but this of course voids the completion of the Easy version they've done earlier. Then they do it again for the Hard difficulty.

At the end, Club Members #1 & #3 will have the exact same number of points : N points for the Hard difficulty. It's just that #3 got a partial version of theirs quicker. (While #2 got a lot more points, but then they needed to watch a lot more anime for that.)

All three (as well as any combination thereof) are perfectly valid ways of participating in the club. Just pick whatever works best for you.
Aug 27, 2017 3:18 AM

Aug 2014
Jhiday said:
GDHM39 said:
Hi there,

The upgrade system is mostly there for people who focus on achieving the hardest difficulties for each challenge (without really caring about also having the easier difficulties), but do want their progress recorded as they go.

thanks for the fast reply,
I want to do all the difficulties so the upgrade option isn't an option for me.
Aug 31, 2017 2:38 PM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1492740
>[X] Dragon Ball Z: Summer Vacation Special

Should now be a required item. It has been subbed this month and can be found on Nyaa by searching "Dragon Ball Z Summer Vacation Special".
lanbladeOct 22, 2018 1:16 PM
Sep 16, 2017 2:26 PM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
Regarding the Ultimate Challenge;

- I noticed Muteki Koujin Daitarn 3 is listed at Summer 1978. But it started airing in June, which is Spring right, but MAL classifies it as Summer... It is also listed in the Spring 1978 suggestions, which was why it got my attention haha!
(I always thought it was January-March/April-June/July-September/October-December for Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall)
- 1980 Fall -> X Bomber has been deleted I think
- At 1981, theres a suggestion: 1981 Spring Hyakujuu-Ou GoLion, but Spring is not "required".

Regarding the lustrum challenge;

- "Series must have more than 10+ episodes.", that means 10 or more episodes, or more than 10 episodes? I think the first, I checked other peoples entries and did see 10-episode series.
lifeiscrazySep 17, 2017 5:05 AM

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Sep 26, 2017 11:00 AM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132&show=50#msg52046634
"D.C.: De Capo Collection" ---> "D.C.: Da Capo Collection"
Da not De.
lanbladeOct 22, 2018 1:16 PM
Sep 29, 2017 8:48 PM

Mar 2012
Just thought it would be nice if Studios Challenge had a second run / alternative version with a set of fourty other studios. First run may have taken all the best ones but there's still a lot to choose from.

Sep 30, 2017 7:27 AM

Oct 2013
I'm curious about the rule "Cannot use the same series/entry twice" :S

It's only in the actual challenge ? or can I use an anime in two challenges at the same time ?
For example I finished Tenshi no 3P today, it have the tags slice of life & school, can I use it for the two challenges ????
Oct 2, 2017 3:50 PM

Feb 2015
I have a question regarding romance challenge.
If I want to complete it twice for special badge first I need to complete all difficulties once and I'm not sure about one thing.

"Choose a difficulty:
Easy - 25 requirements/series
Med. - 35 requirements/series
Hard - 45 requirements/series"

Does that mean that I need to watch all 105 anime or just 45?
If I pick hard and complete it, will it also count as completing easy and medium at the same time or not?
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Oct 2, 2017 6:56 PM

Apr 2016
Titadou said:
I'm curious about the rule "Cannot use the same series/entry twice" :S

It's only in the actual challenge ? or can I use an anime in two challenges at the same time ?
For example I finished Tenshi no 3P today, it have the tags slice of life & school, can I use it for the two challenges ????

You can use the same entry for multiple challenges (assuming there are no overlap restrictions), but you can't use the same entry twice in the same challenge.

Hakaminah said:
I have a question regarding romance challenge.
If I want to complete it twice for special badge first I need to complete all difficulties once and I'm not sure about one thing.

"Choose a difficulty:
Easy - 25 requirements/series
Med. - 35 requirements/series
Hard - 45 requirements/series"

Does that mean that I need to watch all 105 anime or just 45?
If I pick hard and complete it, will it also count as completing easy and medium at the same time or not?

To complete all difficulties, you can't just complete it on hard. So you will need to watch 105 in total.
Oct 3, 2017 3:33 AM

Feb 2015
Helvian494743 said:
To complete all difficulties, you can't just complete it on hard. So you will need to watch 105 in total.

Thanks~
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Oct 3, 2017 8:00 AM

Sep 2011
greatvillage said:
Just thought it would be nice if Studios Challenge had a second run / alternative version with a set of fourty other studios. First run may have taken all the best ones but there's still a lot to choose from.
We're in the process of updating this challenge. ^^ So something similar to what ya requesting should be available soon~
Oct 3, 2017 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
I have problems finding options for the World Tour Challenge and riho88riho suggested me to ask here to find a way to make it do-able it that's the case.
In my opinion there isn't enough options to complete the challenge, far less to go for a second run.
Oct 4, 2017 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
Wyvern22 said:
I have problems finding options for the World Tour Challenge and riho88riho suggested me to ask here to find a way to make it do-able it that's the case.
In my opinion there isn't enough options to complete the challenge, far less to go for a second run.

Which countries are you struggling with?

Remember the 2nd to last rule. You don't need to have 10 countries with 3/2 anime each, more countries are allowed. You can cherry pick and do one from Jamaica
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35669/Saraba_Jamaica
one in Fiji
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2055/Coo__Tooi_Umi_kara_Kita_Coo
one in Finland
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3162/Makiba_no_Shoujo_Katri
to make up the 3 you'd need for a single country.

(assuming the TV-type only rule is forfeited b/c there are no TV types with these countries to begin with except Katri.)

Then keep doing that with the 2nd run, just finding weird-ass random-ass countries and watching [most likely] the only anime affiliated with it. Otherwise I totally understand the difficulty of finding options if you have a single country at each stage, like Spain. B/c at its most bloated route, it would take 7 anime. And a 2nd run would mean you'd need 14 total Spain anime. But that's part of the challenge; to challenge you to find shows that fit or weasel your way out of the corner. (lol that's probably why I love the scavenger hunts. I like to weasel into finding the easiest/shortest anime to watch that meets the guideline.)
lanbladeOct 25, 2017 8:25 AM
Oct 5, 2017 6:07 AM

Jan 2013
@lanblade

Ohhh, seems i got stucked with the tv-types. It's way harder than i thought it could be.
But i was wondering if it could be used series like Hana no Ko Lunlun that develop in several places, something like a miscellaneous option
Oct 5, 2017 12:08 PM

Jan 2011
Wyvern22 said:
@lanblade

Ohhh, seems i got stucked with the tv-types. It's way harder than i thought it could be.
But i was wondering if it could be used series like Hana no Ko Lunlun that develop in several places, something like a miscellaneous option

The rules say "The main setting of the anime must be in the country it's used for." and "Anime set in fictional cities do count if they're located in a real country. (e.g Black Lagoon)"

Remember Black Lagoon for example, took place in several IRL countries. But when you boil down the anime into its country locations, the highest percentage of screen time was their homebase in Thailand. Even if the next highest percentage might be neck and neck, Thailand is still the 'majority'. So with Lunlun, while she does world travel too, when you boil down the anime into countries, IIRC France has the most screen time (the anime itself starts and ends in France, the big plot point/climax is France, France is her home). So France would be the "main setting" of the anime, even though other countries do get a lot of screen time, France gets the most.
Oct 8, 2017 11:49 AM

Oct 2008
The iDOLM@STER Prologue Side M: Episode of Jupiter (aired oct 1st) and The iDOLM@STER Side M (airing) should be added to the iM@S COLLECTION?
"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
Oct 13, 2017 12:20 PM

May 2014
Helvian494743 said:

Good thing I realized this otherwise I would of done my challenges wrong o.o Time to edit them now lol
Oct 22, 2017 4:44 AM

Apr 2010
Wyvern22 said:
Now that the "Studio Deen Challenge" was created i'm wondering why not, do the same thing with every Studio that has more than 250 series like:
  • ADV Films
  • Aniplex
  • Bandai Visual
  • Fuji TV
  • Funimation
  • J.C.Staff
  • Lantis
  • Madhouse
  • Media Blasters
  • NHK
  • Production I.G
  • Sentai Filmworks
  • Studio Pierrot
  • Sunrise
  • TMS Entertainment
  • Toei Animation
  • TV Tokyo

Aniplex, Bandai Visual, Fuji TV, Funimation, Lantis, Media Blasters, NHK, Sentai Filmworks and TV Tokyo are NOT studios. They're producers and/or licensors.
For the others (J.C.Staff, Madhouse, Production I.G, Studio Pierrot, Sunrise, TMS Entertainment & Toei Animation)... Yeah, that's the plan. It's the exact reason for why the not-list pattern for Studio Deen was created. They're most probably going to be created in the coming months.
Oct 25, 2017 8:24 AM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1524842
"Akage no Anne: Green Gables e no Michi" and "Wan Wan Chuushingura" should now be required, as they has been subbed in the last year.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1509277
"[X] High & Low: G-Sword (not approved yet)" can now be put under Other. MAL has finally approved the database entry and it is fully subbed.

Please do add
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36592/High___Low__G-Sword_OVA
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34438/Code_Geass__Hangyaku_no_Lelouch_I_-_Koudou
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=34439
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34440/Code_Geass__Hangyaku_no_Lelouch_III_-_Oudou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33155/Code_Geass__Hangyaku_no_Lelouch_Picture_Drama_-_Hajimari_no_Zenya
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33156/Code_Geass__Hangyaku_no_Lelouch_R2_Picture_Drama_-_Last_Moratorium
into the Bonus section.

Remove the (Not Yet Aired) tag for the Kabuki-bu! special. It has been released in Japan.

lanbladeOct 22, 2018 1:14 PM
Oct 27, 2017 10:51 AM

Oct 2012
Can do Movie Timeline Challenge 2x or more. Which only counts after 1978. Alternatively, create a new challenge to watch movies by the release date. To do it again.
P.A.Works isn't an anime studio. P.A.Works is the meaning of life
Nov 3, 2017 10:08 PM

Nov 2012
#Gourmet Challenge:
I was thinking, there's a series airing right now, focused mainly on foods and drinks. This one:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35484/Osake_wa_Fuufu_ni_Natte_kara

I hope it will be included in the Gourmet Challenge.

TahZinNov 7, 2017 9:41 PM
Dec 3, 2017 10:10 AM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132&show=50#msg53132175
Challenge is missing https://myanimelist.net/anime/36032/Air_Soushuuhen

I also recommend adding
https://myanimelist.net/anime/675/One__Kagayaku_Kisetsu_e (normal)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1113/One__Kagayaku_Kisetsu_e_-_True_Stories (hentai)
as bonus material. Majority of the staff that worked on One went on to found Key immediately after.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactics_(brand)
It's just like what Nausicaa is to Ghibli. The staff that made Nausicca was under Topcraft's name, they left right after to found their own studio: Ghibli. Even though Nausicca was made before Ghibli existed, it is a vital turning point of the Ghibli family. And the One franchise is the same for the Key family.
lanbladeMar 23, 2018 11:12 PM
Dec 26, 2017 1:54 AM

Dec 2017
For the Holiday cards, can we have more than one set from each of the creators?
Dec 28, 2017 10:36 AM
Jan 9, 2018 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1532462
Nikoyaka Shokudou in the Bonus section was deleted b/c it was a duplicate of https://myanimelist.net/anime/33936/JA_Kumamoto_Keizairen

Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara OVA from bonus should be moved up to be required item. Both eps have been subbed by UrbanTbc.

Remove the parenthesis next to Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara as the show has finished airing.

Add
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36949/Shokugeki_no_Souma__San_no_Sara_-_Toutsuki_Ressha-hen unaired
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36962/Shokugeki_no_Souma__San_no_Sara_-_Toutsuki_Ressha-hen_OVA unaired
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36049/Dagashi_Kashi_2 unaired
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=36513 unaired
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34420/Isekai_Izakaya__Koto_Aitheria_no_Izakaya_Nobu unaired
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35284/Kodoku_no_Gourmet No subs/airing
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=6119 No subs
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=20201 No subs
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=36151 No subs
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=27963 No subs
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9200/Dae_Jang_Geum__Jang_Geums_Dream_2 No subs
to bonus.

Additions for required:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35818/Love_Kome__We_Love_Rice_2nd_Season
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=36577 (no dialogue is present)
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=37033 (airing)
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=35298 (airing)
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=36622
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=35484
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=31633
lanbladeOct 22, 2018 1:10 PM
Jan 22, 2018 12:22 PM

Jan 2018
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask (and if it's blatantly obvious and I just missed it while reading through the FAQ, et al) ...

Are we strictly using MAL's genre tags to complete genre based challenges? Or is it up to the discretion of the user?

For example, I'm working on the shoujo-ai challenge right now. A show like Revolutionary Girl Utena isn't tagged on MAL as being shoujo-ai, even though it's extremely well-known for its shoujo-ai elements. But would that not count as a valid entry on the challenge list?

ETA: Basically my question is, does the show have to be about shoujo-ai to be counted or can it just have shoujo-ai elements (assuming they are a large part of the main characters' stories)?
We are the chick. The world is our egg.
If we don't crack the world's shell, we will die without being born.
Smash the world's shell! For the revolution of the world!
Jan 29, 2018 2:19 AM

Jun 2013
majesdanian said:
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask (and if it's blatantly obvious and I just missed it while reading through the FAQ, et al) ...

Are we strictly using MAL's genre tags to complete genre based challenges? Or is it up to the discretion of the user?

For example, I'm working on the shoujo-ai challenge right now. A show like Revolutionary Girl Utena isn't tagged on MAL as being shoujo-ai, even though it's extremely well-known for its shoujo-ai elements. But would that not count as a valid entry on the challenge list?

ETA: Basically my question is, does the show have to be about shoujo-ai to be counted or can it just have shoujo-ai elements (assuming they are a large part of the main characters' stories)?

Quoting this because my question relates to this! I'm doing the Harem challenge and while shows like Hakuouki/its various sequels, Akatsuki no Yona, and Fruits Basket are listed as reverse harem on the link given, it's not listed as harem on MAL.... Would it be possible to still count these?
Jan 29, 2018 2:53 AM

Apr 2010
@accioandrea
majesdanian said:
Are we strictly using MAL's genre tags to complete genre based challenges?

Overall, yes. It's just simpler for our overworked inspectors if there's a single criterion to check. (Also, it's possible to ask for corrections to the MAL database in the case of glaring oversights.)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🔱 LoScore 「 Batch 55: MAY 04 | Sign Up B.55 until MAY 18 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Aug 26, 2019

9337 by Crazee »»
2 hours ago

» 🟣 HiScore II 「 Batch 142: APR 28 | Sign Up B.142 until MAY 11 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - May 1, 2021

7135 by Crazee »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » 🏆 Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

8978 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
6 hours ago

» User Ratings Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - May 12, 2016

366 by Jaikeis »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » ❓❔ Rules, Queries, FAQ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 18, 2016

2133 by SheyCroix »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.