Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2010 1:40 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Boy for those who never saw this series before, talk about a spoilerific ending song. Wow.
Jun 2, 2010 8:56 PM

Apr 2010
WolfWood37 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Boy for those who never saw this series before, talk about a spoilerific ending song. Wow.

Yea, I totallly agree. I mean, DAMN. Talk about spoiling to the FULLEST. But, they pretty much spoiled it in that previous episode when Tai and Agumon got sent back to Japan. I mean, they just practically said it. *shakes head*

Mar 26, 2011 3:15 AM

Sep 2010
ya but that wasnt the only thing the ending spoiled, it spoiled the 8ths childs digimon as well :/
Oct 30, 2011 3:16 PM

Nov 2010
The new ED spoils the rest of the perfect level digimon too.
Jun 28, 2013 10:05 PM
Oct 2010
gatomon. damn. i coulda sworn that when i watched it years ago it took forever for them to get to this point. fuck i love the real world arc
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 30, 2014 7:21 PM

Dec 2012
This is when Digimon starts getting good, the episodes in between Devimon and this was just boring.
Apr 10, 2014 3:59 AM
Mar 2013
ClawViper7 said:
This is when Digimon starts getting good, the episodes in between Devimon and this was just boring.
I couldn't agree more.

Anyway, the race to the 8th child is on. We already know it's Kari though since we saw the digivice on her desk in episode 21. All that's left is for Tai and the others to figure it out.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 5, 2020 12:26 AM
Jul 7, 2014 8:27 PM

Oct 2013

I hate that stupid song that starts playing in the background in the dub whenever a Digimon digivolves into ultimate. It totally ruins the mood.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 2, 2015 12:51 AM

May 2010
loled at ReggaePalmon

That Nanimon is kinda gross, like its head of a hairy (but sorta bald) middle-aged man with limbs attached...

And I swear someone has a poop obsession. So far, there's been 3 Digimon who throw poop as an attack. Then there's that episode with the brain Digimon who trades using poop and all the poop warning signs. And another 3 scenes related to actual pooping...
Jun 16, 2015 6:47 AM

Mar 2015
I'm loving Agumons afro.

They really fuck the mood and tension up by playing that shitty song after an evolution in the dub.
Dec 27, 2015 4:10 PM

Apr 2013
Thanks for the spoiler, ED.

PunkAgumon and ReggaePalmon are the best Agumon and Palmon kind
zFo0xDec 27, 2015 4:15 PM
Jun 14, 2016 9:19 AM

Feb 2013
Vamdemon is off to Japan.
It was interesting until the ending song that spoiled everything, that was stupid.
Jan 29, 2017 3:25 PM

Dec 2010
One of the best episode in the series. Nanimon and the army of weaklings was pretty funny, but when the real action started... oh boy. When I was younger I loved it. And I still do.

Gatomon owned them with easy and grace. She summoned a fockin devil-like dragons to mess with them and the she was standing in the white light knowing that the Digi-destined won`t make it in time.

You simply need to add "Got rekt?" and it will be a meme.

Bloody awesome.
Dec 20, 2019 12:37 AM

Apr 2016
It's been bothering me since episode 22 that none of the children discussed Taichi going to back to Earth on screen. You'd think something like this would have happened:

Sora: "Oh my gosh Taichi, you're alive! What happened to you?"
Taichi: "Haha, well, I found myself home..."
Jou: "What do you mean by 'home'? Did you get back to Earth?"
Taichi: "Yeah!"
Mimi: "Are our parents looking for us?"
Taichi: "Um, no. They think we're all still at summer camp. On Earth, only an hour and a half has passed since we were sucked into the portal."
Koushirou: "Time dilation? Hm..."
Taichi: "And oh, yeah: there are Digimon on Earth and they are causing all of the disasters!"
Koushirou is mindblown

Nanimon being a soldier implies that military conflict in the Digital World is prevalent enough that there are armies, which is strange given how there are seemingly barely any inhabitants of the Digital World. Across 27 episodes, the children have only stumbled upon two small villages inhabited by Digimon, separated by a sea that took five days to cross. There is so much uninhabited land that wars couldn't really be fought for territory, and logistically a war between villages across such great distances would be impractical. Said villages were also made up of baby Digimon, which aren't suited for warfare and only require relatively small amounts of food (unlike larger Digimon), so there shouldn't be a competition for resources. There has been no indication that there are or were nations of Digimon.

I'm rather disappointed with Gennai. He seems to exist only for the purpose of dolling out exposition when the writers deem it necessary to advance the plot. I don't see why the writers couldn't allow the kids to deduce the plot on their own, rather than needing their hand held by Mr. Exposition. Make it so that they hear about a legend/prophecy/rumor/story from the Digimon that talks about eight heroes, and have the group realize that they are probably missing a person. They didn't really need Gennai to tell them to get off the island either; Koushirou could've detected the continent using his landmass, or the kids could've spotted it from the mountain, and they would have naturally decided to go there after having explored the island.
Jan 30, 2020 7:01 PM

May 2008

Gennai bugs the heck out of me. Why can he suddenly stay around to talk to the kids without issue when before he couldn't for more than a minute? He's like the writer coming in-universe to tell the CC where to go next, but something very "convenient" happens so he can't tell them any pertinent information. It's so obviously contrived, but hey no time let's go let's go.

And why where the CC trying so hard to make it through the door when it meant leaving their digimon? How on Earth did they think they were going to defeat Vamdemon without them?! So stupid. And why did MetalGreymon de-evolve into Koromon all of a sudden?! So many dumb things in this episode.

Valyrian1124 said:
It's been bothering me since episode 22 that none of the children discussed Taichi going to back to Earth on screen. You'd think something like this would have happened:

Sora: "Oh my gosh Taichi, you're alive! What happened to you?"
Taichi: "Haha, well, I found myself home..."
Jou: "What do you mean by 'home'? Did you get back to Earth?"
Taichi: "Yeah!"
Mimi: "Are our parents looking for us?"
Taichi: "Um, no. They think we're all still at summer camp. On Earth, only an hour and a half has passed since we were sucked into the portal."
Koushirou: "Time dilation? Hm..."
Taichi: "And oh, yeah: there are Digimon on Earth and they are causing all of the disasters!"
Koushirou is mindblown

Good catch. I didn't even think about them talking to Taichi about his return to Real World. With everything that went on, it might as well never happened since it didn't do much than allow the CC to be in places where they can arbitrarily activate their Crests.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 11, 2020 12:20 AM
Oct 5, 2020 12:13 AM

Dec 2012
Gennai.
A new comrade?
There's actually suppose to be 8 Edabareshi kodomo-tachi?
Gennai doesnt know the name.
In Japan.
Vamdemon is going to invade Japan and kill the child?
Nanimon. Nani? Adult.
lol at Agumon and Palmon.
PunkAgumon? ReggaePalmon? LMAO
Vamdemon. PicoDevimon.
Dat voice. Who is that?
Tailmon. Adult.
The door to other worlds?
Dat sake.
Upside down.
The gate is open.
Dat theme. Greymon. Togemon. Garurumon. Kabuterimon. Ikkakumon.
They ran.
Dat surrender. Dat poop on PicoDevimon.
Tailmon.
lol at Jo saying shoo shoo.
Dat Neko Kick.
Devidramon. Adult.
Dat theme. MetalGreymon.
The door closed.
Dat ending.

LMAO RaggaePalmon had me dead. Dat new ED. I thought the ED wasn't that good, but then that chorus hit... Ima koso tobitatsu yuuki wo motte! That shift felt like something you'd hear in a more mature series. It reminded of angela's songs. With that said... wow. Was not expecting the ED to spoil everything. I expected that from the OP if it had a version 2, but they dropped it all here. Oh, and I forgot to mention in the last episode. Vamdemon: Vampire Demon.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
anime-primeOct 11, 2020 12:20 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 13, 2021 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
It's episode like this when the cheap animation really bothers me. The idea is to rush to the door before it closes, ok, sounds solid enough. So they just run 5 steps, stop and wait, run another 5 steps, stop and wait, for no reason at all. This also applies to the enemies as well. Devidramon had several opportunities to just stomp the children flat and end it then and there, but no, they just got in front of the children and literally did nothing until the Digimon came and saved them.

It felt like they're playing turn-based RPG where no one is allowed to move until their turn comes around.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.