Forum Settings
Forums

What was the first anime you rated a 10/nearly a 10?

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2016 5:19 AM

Oct 2014
My first 10 scored anime is Code Geass, but I joined MAL after finished some other show. The really first was Naruto :)
Mar 15, 2016 5:30 AM

Jan 2016
Dragon Ball Z because of nostalgic reasons ^^
Mar 15, 2016 5:34 AM
Apr 2014
Code Geass im pretty sure. I rate a lot of things 10, my rating system is strange :P
Mar 15, 2016 5:41 AM
Sep 2014
H.O.T.D, which was one of the first ones I saw. I really enjoyed and rewatched it at least 5 times. Despite people hating on because of the excessive fanservice, which I don't mind by the way, I still enjoyed it. It's amazing in that it centers around a zombie apocalypse.
Mar 15, 2016 5:44 AM

Feb 2012
Gintama because it never fail to make me laugh my shit out of my a**

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Mar 15, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2014
sorcery said:
Programmer69 said:
Attack on Titan. Thats one of my best favourite anime. I scored it 9/10 with just 1 episode.

Way to go, to rate solely according to premise and hype boner. It's as if I'd look at a painting and criticize only a part of the composition. This way to appreciate a show is retarded.
u got some serious issues man...who cares if he likes AoT like a fanboy? He's free to like whatever he wants right? Why are u so affected? The guy can appreciate something/anything he wants because he's an individual. Don't force your opinions and ideals onto someone else just because they don't view anime the same as you do. We all have our own way of rating/watching/criticizing/ and for the most part, appeciating it. You talk as if you made a big achievement in the industry or something or that you feel superior. Well guess what? We don' care. In here, you're also just a tiny piece of ass on society. But don't worry, i'm sure you will find great HAPPINESS in life if you keep being a pathetic hater in every discussion threads.
Mar 15, 2016 5:55 AM

Apr 2015
Well this is quite unoriginal but first Anime I rated a 10 was Steins;Gate but the one I nearly rated 10 was Psycho Pass which I rated 9.

Steins;Gate is an awesome anime btw(I'm sure everyone knows that already :D)
Mar 15, 2016 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
I think it was Hunter x Hunter for me.
Mar 15, 2016 6:11 AM

Aug 2015
sorcery said:
@skjoldr-san

Read my previous post before talking out of your ass, n00bster.

Yup, confirmed for autistic.

Will you tip your fedora now? How euphoric are you?
Mar 15, 2016 6:14 AM
Mar 2012
Mine first animes that catched my eyes were: Yu-Gi-Oh! ; Digimon ; Samurai X ; Shaman king.
But the one I would rate the most is FMA.
Mar 15, 2016 6:19 AM

Jun 2009
Oh, well, that's a hard question. I've been watching anime before I started a list here. So, it was one of those three: Ouran Koukou Host Club, Zero no Tsukaima or Clannad. My safest bet would be on Clannad. But I'm not 100% sure.
Aww, and now I feel like rewatching all of them...
I like pancakes.
Mar 15, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2014
I'm pretty sure it was code geass r2. which still remains as my all time favorite :3.
Mar 15, 2016 6:35 AM

Oct 2015
MiniJusta said:
Oh, well, that's a hard question. I've been watching anime before I started a list here. So, it was one of those three: Ouran Koukou Host Club, Zero no Tsukaima or Clannad. My safest bet would be on Clannad. But I'm not 100% sure.
Aww, and now I feel like rewatching all of them...

No one is stopping you from rewatching them :D
Anime List Manga List
Mar 15, 2016 6:44 AM

Sep 2007
I think the first 10 i rated was Evangelion. Truly a masterpiece.
Mar 15, 2016 6:46 AM

Oct 2015
Attack on Titan or Evangelion were probably my first
Mar 15, 2016 6:52 AM

Aug 2015
Code Geass both seasons and Cowboy Bebop TBH ^_^
Mar 15, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
Minkey said:
KatoTheIcyWolf said:

I know, but it was the first anime I watched xD. I changed the score to 7 now ;-;

I rated it an 8, I just loved the first part of SAO so much :P Really wish they would've done 1 episode per floor or something like that

One episode per floor? Sounds too good to be true! I'd give it a 11/10 and make it my favorite anime :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2011
Code Geass, also the very first anime that I willingly watched. The next was Death Note which, along with Code Geass, was also my joint-top favorite until Shinsekai Yori happened.
Mar 15, 2016 7:05 AM

May 2011
I give up with you as you obviously don't understand my points at all and take it as an attack.
If the constructive approach means being defined as a "hater" so be it. Wallow in your sacred fanboyism. Are you pissed off by me spouting sacrilege towards your fav anime? Awww.
And autistic people call me autistic. Hilarious.
Mar 15, 2016 7:21 AM
May 2015
The first anime i ever rated a 10/10 was actually more thab just one anime. It was Monogatari Series in its entirety. Honestly loved every bit of it.
Mar 15, 2016 7:24 AM

Apr 2013
Naruto Shippuden. Loved it, still love it. Still a 10 for me without the fillers.
Mar 15, 2016 7:57 AM
Apr 2014
I'd have to say NHK ni youkoso, but after that it'd have to be things like Great Teacher Onizuka and Nana.
Mar 15, 2016 8:00 AM
Oct 2015
sorcery said:
Programmer69 said:
Attack on Titan. Thats one of my best favourite anime. I scored it 9/10 with just 1 episode.

Way to go, to rate solely according to premise and hype boner. It's as if I'd look at a painting and criticize only a part of the composition. This way to appreciate a show is retarded.

fuck u elitist cunt critic my ass go eat shit
Mar 15, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2015
Steins;gate it was certainly a "masterpiece" to me
Mar 15, 2016 8:04 AM

Jun 2015
End of Evangelion, in my opinion the greatest anime movie
良い曲 // アスカ名言

ママ、ママ、わかったわ。ATフィールドの意味!!私を護っていてくれてる!私を見てくれてる!!ずっと、ずっと一緒だったのね!ママッ!!

気持ち悪い
Mar 15, 2016 8:09 AM

Jul 2014
Uh, FMA: Brotherhood. But it's a 9 right now.
What a beautiful Duwang.
Mar 15, 2016 8:12 AM

Feb 2016
Code Geass was my first 10/10 and the reason why i got into anime. Today it's still the best anime i saw.

Mar 15, 2016 8:16 AM

Oct 2015
drgfl11 said:
Uh, FMA: Brotherhood. But it's a 9 right now.

What was your reason for lowering it to a 9?
Anime List Manga List
Mar 15, 2016 8:17 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't star using MAL till I'd completed about 50 or so, but my first ten was probably Elfen Lied as it was the first anime I completely loved.
Mar 15, 2016 8:32 AM
Feb 2015
Definitely Hunter X Hunter. That anime just gets everything right and it is fucking amazing!!!!

Mar 15, 2016 8:47 AM
Dec 2013
Angel Beats, which is no longer a 10 now.
Mar 15, 2016 8:53 AM

Jan 2016
sorcery said:
Volbla said:
Mine would be Evangelion. It's the first anime i saw that was made with some artistry and not just... well, for kids. It's hard to say now how much of your appreciation for something is because of nostalgia, but i've changed some scores around during my years on mal. Not this one.

You're a fun person :)

I kind of agree with you that most people have very simple tastes and maybe aren't as critical as they should be, but i wouldn't be as much of an asshole about it because i don't get anything out of that. Maybe you do, idunno.

I do think it's important to try and understand why you like something (if you want to be a snob) and admit that things you like can still be flawed, but in the end film is meant to invoke emotion. The biggest point of art (imo) is to be enjoyable in one way or another. Only that can be the biggest deciding factor for how you view a piece, and subsequently how you rate it.

And if 10/10 can only mean absolute perfection in every way, then that rating will forever be reduntant because in the end all art is created by humans, and humans aren't flawless. I find the rating system much more pragmatic if the top score simply means the highest level a piece of art realistically can obtain. Which will of course still always be based on subjective impression.

Hey.
Very simple taste? You mean simpleton right? =)
I wonder what's with that will to label anyone demanding a snob? I consider myself a humanist in the noble sense of term. A human being must strive to become as knowledgeable as he can. It's a moral duty in humanism. When you think about it, "Otaku" is a very reductive appellation, in the sense it reduces one as being a consumer of Japanese culture. I do think if bar is set low for kids, it won't likely be any high later on. Even as a teen, I had been self demanding intellectually. Same goes for marketted kiddie stuff. Do you like being defined by a demographic? I don't. I am personally convinced fine entertainment should reach for both kids and grown ups.

Also, I disagree. People don't go for art necessarily because it's enjoyable. It has to embed a meaningful message, otherwise it's just a firework of colors. A firework is nice to watch, but I don't think you'd sit hours looking at it. I took offense as Homo Festivus called me a cynical. That literally means I have no morals. I more like think it's anime writers who don't give a shit because fans watch anyway, who are cynical. If you look closely at my review of Mudai, you'll know that I am an esthete by heart. I know about the dilemma of subjectivity.

If I sound bitter, it's because I have had my share of anime community stupidity. I keep going justly to discuss with guys like you who don't sound like complete drones.

You were offended by cynical? Interesting. As someone who immediately began attacking users based on their own anime choices, I can't seem to understand why you'd draw the line at cynical. Just an interesting tidbit of information I found humorous, but I digress.

In your previous post, you mention that if you shill me Erased, you will impose me Erased clones. This discussion comes up a lot in music, when people aren't particularly interested in the popular music that gets thrown around now. They say that if you enjoy aspects of popular music, you will breed more popular music. I've never understood this argument because that aspect of art will always be there. If people enjoy something and it becomes popular, it causes a demand for more, but that doesn't necessarily negate all other artists that are making a conscious effort to produce something amazing. The same goes for anime here.

Even though people may enjoy themselves Naruto, Erased, or something that you personally find tasteless, doesn't mean that positive influences in the genre won't step forth. Maybe less so for anime because it would appear that anime is dying due to economic concerns in that area, but my point remains anyway. For every Naruto, there is a Totoro. For every Erased, there is a Garden of Words. This type of appeal will never stop happening and this goes for every art form out there - not just anime. It's one of those unfortunate facts of life, I'd say. We really can't have a masterpiece coming out every month, but don't you think that would ruin the appeal of that masterpiece anyway? Wouldn't that degrade the reason that it was a masterpiece anyway - because it stands out among the rest?

On your last point, I verily disagree that there's a specific way to appreciate art. The driving force behind art is to produce awe; to give people an emotional connection to the work and inspire them. If someone cannot walk to a Monet and feel inspired, that doesn't mean art didn't do its job, that just means that particular art didn't strike awe in that individual. Which is okay because that person will find something that does inspire them, but that never takes away from how you see Monet. The same applies to anime.

Personally, I find Makoto Shinkai's works to be utterly brilliant. The artwork is titillating, the characters are always genuine, and the story behind the works are always inspiring. To me, I wish I could have more Makoto works, but some people genuinely dislike him. That doesn't take away from how I feel about him or how I perceive his works to be. If that person doesn't like Shinkai and likes Naruto instead, I have no qualms with that because they chose which art to inspire them. So what if it becomes popular? I know that Shinkai will still produce work and there will always be something out there to inspire me like his works did, even though Naruto anime might spawn.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my thoughts about art. I don't think there's any objective way to appreciate it - art is subjective and the way you appreciate art should be subjective. Whether someone enjoys pop music or metal music, that doesn't change the fact that human interaction with that inspiration is the most important thing, no matter where that art lands on your spectrum. Nothing will ever take away from the way you appreciate art, not even the people you call tasteless. That's just my two cents; not bad for hedonistic scum, hm.

(Sorry for calling you cynical, that wasn't meant to be ad hominem.)
OnlyFestiveMar 15, 2016 8:57 AM
Mar 15, 2016 9:02 AM
Oct 2015
Mine would probably Gurren Lagann. It didn't stay a ten for me but it's still one of the best times I've had with an anime to this day.
Mar 15, 2016 9:16 AM

Sep 2014
Zetseun no tempest. Took a long time to find another series I wanted to give 10

Mar 15, 2016 9:17 AM

Feb 2015
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was my first and still the only one I've considered rating a 10.
Mar 15, 2016 9:54 AM

Dec 2015
i think Byousoku 5 Centimeter but it was not in mal
Mar 15, 2016 9:55 AM
Aug 2015
My one and only 10 I've rated so far would be for Cowboy Bebop. Mostly due to it being the first series that truly got me into seeing what else the anime world has to offer. Each time I watch it I enjoy it even more and don't believe it will ever get old.
Mar 15, 2016 10:03 AM
Jan 2016
One piece, back when I was a kid. Then I got older and realized it''s trash.
Mar 15, 2016 10:05 AM

Apr 2010
Death Note. And this is one of just 3 anime I ever gave 10.
Mar 15, 2016 10:07 AM

Sep 2015
Monster, although I changed it to a 9 later.
Mar 15, 2016 10:09 AM

Dec 2015
it would be OP but then I watched much more anime and it began to drop score
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Mar 15, 2016 10:29 AM

Feb 2015
Hmmm... I would say Steins;Gate, a close second would be TTGL
Mar 15, 2016 10:31 AM
Jun 2013
it would be between clannad after story or steins gate. cant remember
Mar 15, 2016 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
Death Note was the first anime I rated a 10.
Mar 15, 2016 11:02 AM

Nov 2014
It was the first anime I was talked into watching - Death Note
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Mar 15, 2016 11:04 AM

Sep 2015
Don't realy remember which one was first but for me it was Free! Prison school and SAO
Mar 15, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2014
Nisekoi and Nichijou

I still like them as much as I do when I first added them.
Mar 15, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2010
probably Toradora and Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
Mar 15, 2016 11:26 AM

Dec 2011
I had the good fortune of watching Berserk as my second anime ever when I was 14, and it really made an impression on me. Still have the catchy engrish soundtrack in my head on recall to this day.

Of course I found out many years later that it can't even compare to the manga but there is room enough in my heart for both.

As for my ratings, I've always had a fairly relaxed approach to it. I'm just watching anime for enjoyment for the most part and refuse to take anything seriously unless its so good it forces me to take it head on as a serious work of art.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2015
I dont really remember. Either DAL & Seven Deadly Sins. Also probably the only shows that i completed the fastest (48 eps in 4 days)
Now im happy if i manage to watch 2 ep.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Birthday gifts!!!

Yonahim_Zz - 54 minutes ago

6 by Yonahim_Zz »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - 5 hours ago

13 by Catalano »»
8 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7188 by machy871 »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you think anime has ever negatively impacted someone's life?

tappioca - Yesterday

19 by TsutanaiFuun »»
14 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

96 by Scyfher »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.