Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2016 7:35 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like this episodes was a reference to Kaito Kid.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Apr 3, 2016 6:11 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That suspense at the end. The pressure those two went through must have felt tough. Trying to open the door while the building was burning.

Citron was hilarious in one scene. The one where he makes Eureka wear his invention, her expression was hilarious.

Apr 3, 2016 9:18 AM
Jan 2015
Was a nice filler episode. I'm enjoying the fillers tbh
Shadow
Apr 5, 2016 6:05 AM
Dec 2009
At the beginning... How can they torture that little Puni!! :(

ETX said:
Seems like this episodes was a reference to Kaito Kid.

As soon as there was a mysterious "gems of the world" exhibit I couldn't help but think of Sailor Moon, Kaito Kid, Lupin III and all those classic shows :) And then that outfit.. and name (Kaito Knuckle)... could they have copied Kaito Kid more? haha
Apr 6, 2016 12:41 PM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
At first i got Magic Kaito vibes from this episode, because

However at the end the motives are quite different. I was just wonderung why he didn't used to have a Cleffy. Maybe they had to fill in every new Pokemon from the games.

This was one of the better episodes of XY&Z so far for me.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Jul 27, 2016 3:53 AM

Nov 2014
The sign above the locksmiths door looked like an Unown but in key form. New Unown form perhaps? xP I doubt it though. I'm on my phone so I can't post a picture (or don't know how on my phone).
Aug 13, 2016 6:19 AM

Jul 2013
How do Ash and the gang afford to stay even one night in that swanky hotel? it'd cost like a ton.

Those Binacle Pokemon were sure as hell creepy.

I thought the boy Locke when he was in his thief garb looked like that one from Sailor Moon ... never seen Kaito Kid. I wanna watch Sailor Moon sometime.

The fire blaze and saving the Pokemon was heroic.

Learn how to open locks the Pokemon way lol. It's like they are trying to turn little kids in to master thieves lol.
Oct 30, 2016 10:24 PM

Dec 2012
Z2 getting tortured.

DAT KAITOU REFERENCE!
RobOct 31, 2016 8:06 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 23, 2020 8:23 AM

Dec 2008
This was good, especially compared to some recent pokemon/character of the week focused episodes. Involved both the kids and Team Rocket to some extent, interesting story with some action.

I thought the hand-type pokemon was creepy and when I realized there were two and they were separated that also seemed creepy somehow, heh. But I still like they did something different and unexpected with an established pokemon. When the anime's creative like this, sometimes it ends up being a mainstay, but I'm not sure if it'll be the case here? I don't want to think about how its evolution would work.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.