Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2016 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
I read the light novel volume 1 and volume 2 Summary and the volume 2's has some pretty dark felling.

Volume 1

The story takes place in the near future, in a world born of human imagination. What humans would call ghosts or monsters appear, and they come to be called “phantoms.” The main character, Haruhiko Ichijou, is a first year at Hosea Academy along with his upperclassman Mai Kawakami, who fights phantoms with the ability “Spirit of Five Elements,” Reina Izumi, who has the ability “Phantom Eater,” and Koito Minase, who fights phantoms in solitude. They experience the ups and downs of high school life before a certain incident leads them to the truth of this world.

Ok... by here it looks like pretty much what we saw without ruru (that doesn't exist in the light novel)... but now comes the "plot twist".

Volume 2

Later on, we see an adult Haruhiko fight in a war against Phantoms. Unable to kill the Phantom Rupa , she goes on to eradicate two-thirds of the human population. What's left of humanity lives in the underground city of Gehenna. Haruhiko blames himself for the apocalypse with Mai, Reina, and others as his mental supports. As his friends fall one by one, Haruhiko swears that even if he gives his soul to the devil, he will eradicate the Phantoms. As he is swallowed by the darkness of revenge, Haruhiko rises to use a forbidden ability in hopes to finally end the struggle

Man, it has a tottaly different felling comparing it to the anime, does anyone that has read the light explain it to me?
I also read here in another topic( it was in portuguese) that all the volume 1( probably what we are watching right now, that this is all Haruhiro's ilusion and the story it self begins at volume 2, this would also explain why this show doesn't have a plot... but this would be an extremely serious turn for the show...
pablomcFeb 25, 2016 9:16 AM
Feb 25, 2016 12:47 PM

Nov 2013
The second volume only came out at the end of 2015, so the anime is only adapting volume 1. Obviously KyoAni had to put a lot of filler to fill a 12 episode anime. About whether they are going to use the same plot twist as the light novels... well, their version of Kyokai no Kanata was very different from the novels, so we have to wait until the end of the season
Mar 1, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2014
Getting the vibes that we'll probably have an ending where Haruhiko wakes up, I mean literally wakes up to reality where Mai and the others doesnt exist anymore with his serious persona going up against phantoms.

Edit, wait.... Mai,Reina and Koito as his mental support? what? did he go psycho or are they really living inside him somehow?
Mar 1, 2016 12:01 PM

May 2014
pablomc said:
I read the light novel volume 1 and volume 2 Summary and the volume 2's has some pretty dark felling.

Volume 1

The story takes place in the near future, in a world born of human imagination. What humans would call ghosts or monsters appear, and they come to be called “phantoms.” The main character, Haruhiko Ichijou, is a first year at Hosea Academy along with his upperclassman Mai Kawakami, who fights phantoms with the ability “Spirit of Five Elements,” Reina Izumi, who has the ability “Phantom Eater,” and Koito Minase, who fights phantoms in solitude. They experience the ups and downs of high school life before a certain incident leads them to the truth of this world.

Ok... by here it looks like pretty much what we saw without ruru (that doesn't exist in the light novel)... but now comes the "plot twist".

Volume 2

Later on, we see an adult Haruhiko fight in a war against Phantoms. Unable to kill the Phantom Rupa , she goes on to eradicate two-thirds of the human population. What's left of humanity lives in the underground city of Gehenna. Haruhiko blames himself for the apocalypse with Mai, Reina, and others as his mental supports. As his friends fall one by one, Haruhiko swears that even if he gives his soul to the devil, he will eradicate the Phantoms. As he is swallowed by the darkness of revenge, Haruhiko rises to use a forbidden ability in hopes to finally end the struggle

Man, it has a tottaly different felling comparing it to the anime, does anyone that has read the light explain it to me?
I also read here in another topic( it was in portuguese) that all the volume 1( probably what we are watching right now, that this is all Haruhiro's ilusion and the story it self begins at volume 2, this would also explain why this show doesn't have a plot... but this would be an extremely serious turn for the show...

Man! This is fucking too awesome!!! Fuck!!! If only the anime has a mystery, thrill, suspense, and psychological feel to it with some drama, romance and slice of life style of directing then this anime would be my best anime of all time. Fuck. Dropped the shit at ep. 1, I don't wanna rate it lower so I dropped it early.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Mar 1, 2016 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
So Ruru is actually an anime original character? And Vol.2 sounds extremely different from what the show is showing...might give it a try at some point then.
Mar 2, 2016 7:05 AM

Sep 2013
Snappynator said:
So Ruru is actually an anime original character? And Vol.2 sounds extremely different from what the show is showing...might give it a try at some point then.

I hope the volume will be adapted in the final episode
Mar 2, 2016 3:06 PM

Jan 2015
I can only hope because based off the premise this series is my most disappointing from this season.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 2, 2016 3:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Jesus ... it took quite a dark turn in the second volume.
So a lot of the anime is filler uh ?
That would be pretty nice (and at the same time fucking horrible) if it ends the anime with ''it was just a dream lolz''
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 3, 2016 9:23 AM

Dec 2009
The light novels sound so freaking good. I really hope the anime adapts the rest of volume 1 and ends on the twist, so we can get a second season adapting light novel 2 in the future.
Mar 4, 2016 5:34 PM

May 2012
The light novels seem to be really good. What pity we have to put up with the anime like this.

We are going to see the worst part of the LN adapted into anime and we'll never see the interesting part.

What about Kumamakura Kurumi? Is she an anime original too?
I despise woke people.
Mar 4, 2016 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
Can confirm this happens in the LN. But Kyoani is known for going original so they may just completely cut out the twist and leave it as slice of life and not even attempt season 2.
Mar 4, 2016 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
I was wondering the story seems off rail a few episodes ago..
So it's actually something like this.. that's quite unexpected and shocking.
But I doubt kyoani would actually go for it though.. it's just random short stories now.
Would've loved to read the novel if its translated. :b
Mar 5, 2016 8:25 AM

Aug 2014
Kaetokiha said:
What about Kumamakura Kurumi? Is she an anime original too?
Considering MAL has her and Ruru listened only under animeography, I'm guessing she is pretty much original aswell.
Mar 5, 2016 9:50 AM

Jan 2015
What the actual fuuuuuuuuck. Now I want to read the right novel.
Mar 6, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
Dammnit. Should I drop watching this show now? I want to know more information in volume 2, someone explain in details.
Mar 6, 2016 12:01 PM

May 2015
This series isn’t an adaptation, it’s just whatever Kyoto Animation wants it to be at this point (like most cases with their adaptations), but hey! whatever.

Next episode (episode 10) = anime-original character Ruru’s episode (we already got one for Kurumi (another anime-original character), so why not).

I doubt there will a second season after this one is over.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Mar 8, 2016 5:55 AM

Apr 2014
zero-r said:
This series isn’t an adaptation, it’s just whatever Kyoto Animation wants it to be at this point (like most cases with their adaptations), but hey! whatever.

Next episode (episode 10) = anime-original character Ruru’s episode (we already got one for Kurumi (another anime-original character), so why not).

So is there any point watching the series? Or this whole anime was a filler?
Mar 9, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
Hitler-san said:
zero-r said:

You could say that the whole anime is a filler. Not in a bad way tho.
XenocrisiMar 11, 2016 5:59 AM
Mar 9, 2016 12:57 PM

Feb 2015
so this 12 episode is just a filler and the serious one will be coming next season ?
well, can't be helped i guess ?
is this series will be 2 cour or 1 cour because MAL doesn't give any info......
or split cour ?
Mar 9, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
Tevens said:
so this 12 episode is just a filler and the serious one will be coming next season ?
well, can't be helped i guess ?
is this series will be 2 cour or 1 cour because MAL doesn't give any info......
or split cour ?

There's not gonna be another season with these sales. Kyoani fucked up the whole damn thing.
Mar 9, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
Why oh why did Kyoani think it would be a good idea to completely disregard the source material and make up loads of pointless crap for an anime that pretty much no one likes as a result?

I really want to read the LNs now. As for the anime, I'll only go back to it if the final episode ends with Haruhiro waking up from the dream world into reality.
AtavisticMar 9, 2016 2:21 PM
Mar 11, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Hitler-san said:

You could say that the whole anime is a filled. Not in a bad way tho.

Alright then, I am dropping this anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.