Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2016 5:42 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another fantastic episode after the hype of last week's confrontation between Ash and Alain.

Charizard taking on 50% Zygarde is impressive, but you could clearly see Zygarde was in control until it was captured.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Feb 13, 2016 7:19 AM
Jan 2016
I feel sad for the team rocket, I mean, they're good people :(
Feb 14, 2016 7:26 PM

Jul 2015
So much action in this episode! Zygarde 10% was pretty badass, but 50% was even more...he could easily win if it weren't by those red beams :/

I hated the new ED btw...
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Mar 1, 2016 6:57 AM
Dec 2009
AlexRuiz18 said:

I think they should leave Team Rocket and just become trainers or open a business themselves :P
Mar 12, 2016 10:43 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So it seems Lysandre knows Giovanni based on his reaction after Team Rocket barged into Flare's plans. I would love to see Giovanni battle Lysandre. Seems like Giovanni had a hunch that Team Flare was real and not just a myth.

I would have liked to see Team Rocket beat Team Flare but kudos to Jessie and James for showing a good battle. Druddigon and Weavile were just too strong for Inkay and Pumpjin. James really needs another Pokemon or at least have Inkay evolve.

Mar 12, 2016 3:17 PM

Jul 2015
HOLY SH!T!!!! That's arguably the best episode of pkmn XYZ so far IMO.

-episode focused on Team Rocket Trio
-"appearance" of Giovanni. It's been a long time since the last one.
-Z2 battling Team Flare
-Z2 battling Alain's Charizard
-more moves of Zygarde revealed. Pretty impressive moveset it has
-Bonnie singing #kawaii
-Team Rocket's song (not great IMO but nice adition)
-Team Rocket Trio being badass (Yes, I want more moments like this. I'm tired of seeing them getting beaten by Ash's team)
-Revelation that Giovanni heard rumors about Team Flare.
-it looks like Team Rocket still wants to spraed their influence in Pokemon World. I wonder if they have influence in other regions introduced before?

I felt bad for Z2 when he was restrained by Team Flare. It was soooo sad :(

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 12, 2016 7:18 PM

Nov 2009
krisichiki said:
I liked this episode. It was nice to see a Team Rocket focused one. I kinda wish Z2 would have ended up traveling with Team Rocket. It broke my heart when I saw it captured. :(

One thing I wonder about is what Alain knows about Zygarde and what has Lysandre told him? Is Alain forcing himself to go as far as "hurting" other Pokemon like that for the sake of fulfilling his quest? I know Lysandre manipulated him into thinking he's doing something to help Mairin and the world. I wonder how he feels about the things he has to do.

This arc is shaping up to be really interesting!

I was pretty sure Alain would even result to murder to fulfill his plan to make that girl Happy...

Alain is basically one of the worst type of character, he'll do anything regardless if it was right or wrong.
He's literally a reversed hero that looked like a Good Guy, but deep down he's actually part of the Top Evil.
Alain knows Team Flare is evil, but he still follows Lysandre's orders just because it "might" make the stupid girl happy...

__ __ __

and yea... I had hoped Team Rocket would have gotten away with Squishy2... it sucked how Team Rocket may be part of a evil organization, but that organization isn't really all that evil, they just want to conquer the entire planet so they can keep peace, it's literally in Team Rocket's Introduction Rap.

I kinda want to see a Team Rocket vs Team Flare all-out-battle, wonder how that would look like?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 12, 2016 7:39 PM

Jun 2014
Eureka's hug is very moe, I bet the lolicons would love one.
Mar 13, 2016 6:36 AM

Jul 2008
AlexRuiz18 said:

... James if anything is the only one who I could see actually becoming decent.

Good people ? They have stolen Pokemon, badges, food and the trust of people numerous times. The only reason why most of those cases got resolved is because of Ash and their group.

They have cheated in numerous Pokemon-type of contests all over the world, got numerous counts of Identity theft and impersonation crimes, left dangerous holes all over the roads Kanto, terrorized towns with gigantic robots and actively participated in acts of global conquest.

Oh and best of all. Their entire point in the anime is to steal the pokemon of a kid..

No, they are not good people. They often get pet the dog moments and James often gets dragged along but they are not good people not even remotely.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Mar 16, 2016 2:57 PM

Dec 2014
Man, it was sad to see Team Rocket lose this time, but it'll make it better if they kick butt later on in the series. The ending reminded me of Russia's national anthem a little bit, was a hype episode. Too bad next one looks like a filler :(
Mar 22, 2016 7:59 PM

Jul 2014
This has to be one of the best episodes(since episodes 7 and 9). It was really nice to see the cool and interesting side of Team Rocket (Since BW if you can ignore how they made Satoshi completely stupid as hell that is). Sucked that Z2 ended up being captured but it put up one hell of a fight man!!
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
May 22, 2016 12:14 PM
Mar 2015
Lararin said:
AlexRuiz18 said:

I think they should leave Team Rocket and just become trainers or open a business themselves :P

1. No, Team Rocket are REALLY not good people...
2. Unless they do their own thing like contests, their own business, or something than stealing people's Pokemon and quit Team Rocket. Then I would consider themselves good.
Jun 26, 2016 12:41 AM

Nov 2014
XYZ IS SO AMAZING T^T
Loved seeing a Team Rocket focused episode! They actually held up decently against Team Flare for a little while. And Giovanni!! Omg!! I was excited when James mentioned his name a couple eps back, but now he's officially come back to the series!! YAS. (And Persian too!).

They finally said Zygarde's name!

Also 50% form finally!!

Bonnie's song was SO CUTE OMG. I love Bonnie so much.

That area they were sitting in by the water was so pretty by the way.

When Bonnie told them Squishy was worried about something and Ash sympathetically told her to hold Squishy I totally "Awwwed" at that ^,^

Alain is a good person, so I hope eventually he realizes what Lysandre and Team Flare are really all about.

Seems like there might be a Rocket/Flare showdown at some point!

Also, why does Giovanni still have so much faith in those three? Lol

At the end when they were in the tree I laughed so hard xD

Anyway, XYZ is one of the best seasons. It's soooo good T^T
Jul 13, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
It was really awesome seeing Team Rocket front and centre of an episode for a change, it should happen a little more often.

I have not seen Giovanni in years ... although I wasn't watching for years and his Persian too! he still looks exactly the same. I quite like him tbh, they should call him up more often, I'm sure they used to contact him slightly more often than they do now.

I thought they would have said Zygarde's proper name ages ago lol.

Bonnie's songs were cute and it was cute when Ash told her to hug squishy and make it feel better.

I can't believe Team Rocket had Z2 for a while and then it turned in to the huge snake monster and Alain came along with his awesome Mega Charizard which is like half the size of Zygarde sadly. I hope he realises they are bad people soon and Team Flare. I kinda thought he might have figured that out at the end of the Mega Evolution Specials but obviously not.

I like Alain and he shouldn't be associated with those types of people.

I think Team Flare are far worse people than Team Rocket, yes, both want the Zygarde for power but Flare are far worse when it comes to trying to get it.

Yes, it is kinda odd Giovanni still has so much faith in them ... whatever happened to Jesse and James Team Rocket Rivals? that other pair.

Plus, since Giovanni has a Persian and Team Rocket a Meowth, is it like a prerequisite to have one to be part of the organisation? it's kinda funny lol.

Falling out of the tree was funny. I liked their funny rap thing whatever when they all including James wore purple eye shadow, it kinda suited him. More hints at how his character was meant to originally be female? lol.

Tbh I don't think James is that bad a person, I think he's just under the influence of worse people. He can be quite the sweet guy at times and that's why I've always loved James lol.

There were some epic battles this episode and I can't wait to see more!

I also think this is the best season since the original which was the last I saw properly lol.

BlackFox24, you watched it on my birthday lol.
stephtastropheJul 13, 2016 1:57 PM
Oct 30, 2016 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
lol at Eureka singing the Squishy song.

LMAO at Kojiro saying GO!

Sakaki makes an appearance. All he will tell them is to continue investigating. He won't actually appear in the flesh.

Alan returns.

Z2 tried to beat them, but failed.

Rocket Gang can't get a W.

LMAO The new Rocket Gang song became the new ED.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 11, 2020 5:09 PM

Dec 2008
omg love this episode

It was actually really good to see our Team Rocket talking to their boss and getting his approval. Not that it's never happened before, but it has not been a majority of the series. So often they're just like, maybe the boss would want us to do this. Maybe the boss would like this random pokemon of the week. Now they know he does. And he remembers them, unlike in early DP. I was happy for them, heh.

Team Flare is "yana kanji megane"... aha, love it.

The Team Rocket Vs. Team Flare battle was so good. Remember when Team Rocket had more pokemon though?

Alan came and stole the show, okay, okay, I'll go watch that mini-series to maybe see what he's all about.

Team Flare won out in the end though, wa. But our Team Rocket is still in good spirits with a focus, and they really did do well.

omgggg Team Rocket's Team song is the new ED and I love it so much.

BTW I wish people would stop saying how much Team Rocket is good, should quit, not that bad, blah, blah, blah. I love them, but they are the villains. They have helped our MC at some points in the past, but that's far from their goal in life and they were not helping in this episode. They were trying to get Z2 in order to give it to their evil gang/team. This episode shows how determined they are to take action for Team Rocket, seems to fuel them more than anything else. They're not 100% evil but still pretty bad, and love being so. Yes, I'm including Kojiro/James here. They sing cheerfully about how they'd even trick a crying child in their new song lol. This combined with their constant thievery, kidnapping, property damage, etc. is not being "good people" y'all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.