Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 11, 2016 10:47 AM

Jun 2014
Online dating seems really hard and I wouldnt recommend looking for someone to date online, but if you meet someone online who you end up falling in love with well good luck you're in for a bit of a rough ride. I've heard about it working out though so if you can get through it together then that's awesome.

Also I just wanted to make it clear its not me
Feb 11, 2016 10:51 AM

May 2015
I wouldn't do it, But I would date someone who I've met online in real life.
Feb 11, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2015
na fam, I don't like online dating, doesn't make much sense to do.
xaowFeb 11, 2016 12:59 PM
Feb 11, 2016 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
lol what is?

I have a really hard time believing anyone would fall in love with someone on MAL the whole idea just seems so ridiculous and improbable. This is likely just some sort of attention grab and I guess its working.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 11, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2014
LoneWolf said:
lol what is?

I have a really hard time believing anyone would fall in love with someone on MAL the whole idea just seems so ridiculous and improbable. This is likely just some sort of attention grab and I guess its working.

Well you know, maybe thats exactly why it can happen
I've been here way too long...
Feb 11, 2016 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
OP you must have had an abusive and terrible life growing up. Becoming naïve and trusting of any single entity that shows just a little bit of affection or consideration.
Falling in love with someone you've never met, someone hiding behind a computer that you don't know shit about.
How? Why?
It makes no sense at all.
You might as well fall in love with a sex robot because they have more personality and are at least more genuine and forward than most people you will meet online that hide behind not only their screens, but a facade showing every bit of stupid they are.
Feb 11, 2016 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
Tfw people make threads about (online) dating. This isn't match.com, people. Let's not start thinking it is because it's just a prank, bro. Don't be a pussy like the op
GreedFeb 11, 2016 12:01 PM
Feb 11, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2015
Andomarn said:
OP you must have had an abusive and terrible life growing up. Becoming naïve and trusting of any single entity that shows just a little bit of affection or consideration.
Falling in love with someone you've never met, someone hiding behind a computer that you don't know shit about.
How? Why?
You might as well fall in love with a sex robot because they have more personality and are at least more genuine and forward than most people you will meet online that hide behind not only their screens, but a facade showing every bit of stupid they are.
People like you are why I browse the internet. Thank you sir, you made my day.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 12:05 PM

Dec 2013
This conversation can't go forward without defining what is and isn't love and what is and isn't a relationship.
Feb 11, 2016 12:12 PM

Oct 2015
I have no experience in online dating, whatsoever. But I did have some online friendships that are now only in the past.

I think it's amazing that you've found someone whom you like, love in this case! But it's not face-to-face so of course it's different..

I personally think that people online and IRL (not everyone and not all the time, of course) act different. How much, is another question, but an important one nonetheless. It is pretty easy to write down everything and just send it, a great achievemtn for humanity, buuuut~ it's not as perfect as it seems. Keep in mind though, you don't KNOW how does she act, behave around other people in the really real life. Who knows, maybe she'd beat the shit out of someone who accidentally spills their drink or her, or maybe she'd be lost for a few moments.

I seriously hope you plan on meeting her, because you boy do sound serious about this, and throwing all this into the water is...ehh.

Could you pelase answer some of my noisy questions?

1.] For how long have you been talking?
2.] Why do you love her?
3.] How far are you from each other? (a different continent, 300 miles away..etc etc)
4.] When you first started talking to her, was it because you were searching for a girlfriend or just a friend?
Feb 11, 2016 12:16 PM

Feb 2013
As a person who has never been in any online relationship I cant say much from my experience but I can share my opinion on it.

I don't really think its necessarily bad but I find it really stupid, how can someone even fall in love with a person behind a screen that you have never seen. Being in an online relationship is basically two lonely retards who seek for some attention and are too autistic to find someone in real life.

Basically OP man the fuck up and find someone in your city, don't prowl the anime site looking for your "true" love.
Feb 11, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
OP, make your feelings clear, right now.
The sooner the better.

It might be awks but it's better than not doing it at all.
Feb 11, 2016 12:39 PM

Oct 2015
wtf I'm being totally ignored ???

ARE YOU SERIOUS hahattentionah

Feb 11, 2016 12:42 PM

Sep 2015
Yaamare said:

I've literally answered all of those questions in this thread. Just read my replies. :]

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Dusk said:
Andomarn said:
How? Why?

Since you come with no counter-arguments, I hit all the nerves huh?
Feb 11, 2016 12:44 PM

Sep 2015
Andomarn said:
Dusk said:

Yes, my nerves are so hit, you're like a freaking ninja or some shit, like you hit all my vitals in a single strike!

Seriously though, I just love how presumptuous people can be, it's amusing. :)

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 12:49 PM
Feb 2014
I've never been this wishy-washy with love. Usually it's concrete to me.

My problem with online dating is that people are detached from reality and don't know who they really are. I'm almost inclined to believe most of these relationships are lies wrapped in more lies.

Now its your turn, OP. Don't fall for that bluepill nonsense and go meet real girls. I'm sure not all of them are gold diggers or land whales who will just use you for resources.
Feb 11, 2016 12:55 PM

Oct 2012
Yaamare said:

dw he ignored me too, what a bitch lol xd

But like I said earlier, you need to confess asap. The longer you wait, the worse it's gonna get.
Feb 11, 2016 12:57 PM

Sep 2015
Martin said:
Yaamare said:

dw he ignored me too, what a bitch lol xd

But like I said earlier, you need to confess asap. The longer you wait, the worse it's gonna get.
Sorry if I'm not replying to everyone, it's 7am here and I'm out of gas lol. I'm not trying to offend anyone. ^^

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 12:58 PM

Oct 2013
I thought I was "in love" with someone online for 3 months. We never said we were dating, just that we "loved" eachother. In the end I figured out he was using a fake picture but still said he was madly in love with me. Also, by being with someone online you don't see their physical attributes that you may not click with.

Right now I'm in a relationship in real life and think it's more healthy than being in an online one because for both parties to be together is via the computer. I don't like the idea of sitting in front of a computer screen, or video camming when if you just found someone in person you could be there for one another and that connection is a whole lot different!

Also, I'm again online dating. If you're happy then it's fine. But stay open minded and don't let it cloud you is all I'm going to say. I learned that the hard way using my best friend as an example. We're no longer friends because she's deciding to marry a 16 year old who she hasn't even known for a year - she's 18 and he lives in another country.
Feb 11, 2016 1:07 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
I find online dating stupid tbh. What happened to going out and meeting people, now its all online just listing people as numbers for you to give them points on their possible worth to you.
Its idea was good I suppose help someone find someone who has similar interests etc but I find it far nice to talk to people rather than look for causal hookups on a fucking app that anyone could be on the other side of...
Feb 11, 2016 1:09 PM
Jan 2016
Online dating is something I tend to to avoid because for one thing..there is an insane difference between talking on the internet and in the real world. Online, its a lot easier to bend the truth and make things seem perfect. I would really have to bond with somebody and feel like "Wow, this really is right" for me to ever jump into that. Not saying its impossible for me but my heart would have to really be 100% convinced on the matter.

Now granted, I've known people who've met online and are insanely happy now. Just be extra careful is my greatest advice because it can really end up as a coin toss whether happiness between you two actually happens or not.

I wasn't aware people meet on here but I suppose that kind of makes sense considering the amount of conversations people exchange.
SummerMamboFeb 11, 2016 1:17 PM
Feb 11, 2016 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
I hate dating sites where you have to pay to send a stupid message, I don't even remember the number of sites I made an account just to see if it's true that it's free,because 99% of them always say it's free,lol.
Feb 11, 2016 1:27 PM

Aug 2015
I used to do online dating. I'm not really one to ever do that again. It's your choice to decide if you like that person enough to date them. The one time I dated someone online it was alright but I was thinking the goal of dating is to decide if you can marry this person, and I was remember I don't think I could marry this girl and spend the rest of of my life with her. I know that's really cold but it's just my way of thinking I guess.

Feb 11, 2016 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Dusk said:
Andomarn said:

Yes, my nerves are so hit, you're like a freaking ninja or some shit, like you hit all my vitals in a single strike!

Calling me presumptous when you're falling in love with someone presumably of good character
because you can only assume something, never get anything concrete
Feb 11, 2016 1:46 PM

Sep 2015
Andomarn said:
Dusk said:

Calling me presumptous when you're falling in love with someone presumably of good character
because you can only assume something, never get anything concrete
I can't help what I feel, when I feel it. I can help what I feel after I feel it, but for the moment I fell in love, that was not under my control. I never once said I was going to full on hit her up and cyber fuck her, I just found it an unexpected lapse in my character that I would exhibit emotions of the kind. I hold no expectations of a relationship, in any sense of the term. In fact, I've distanced myself from her so it doesn't go any further. If you cared to read most of what else I posted in this thread, you would know that I'm not just a desperate thirsty loser looking for something or someone to call my girlfriend, but I feel like playing along with that is far more entertaining.

ask for discord server
Feb 11, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2008
I used to think online relationships were a joke and not real. I did not even think people could make friends online. That was before I actually talked to people online. I obviously feel completely different about it now. I have had a few relationships but I never really labelled them. It's is fine if someone does not want to have a relationship with someone far away but it's being stupid to be a jerk about it if they are serious with the relationship.
Feb 11, 2016 2:52 PM

Apr 2010
Cat said:
Onii-chan said:
That escalated quickly. Do you fall in love with Dawn?

Annuvin said:
Dusk and Dawn sounds like such a romantic love story.
Go for it.

Or even better, turn off the computer.

Hello, I am from OnlineDatingServices.org and after hearing many requests, I have decided to come to the aid. As someone who strongly promotes online dating (づ-🐽-)づ(づ-🐽-)づ There are SO MANY perks of being involved in this type of relationship! I strongly advise that YOU, OP to man the fuck up and take control of your own destiny. Do NOT let anyone else besides you decide YOUR LOVE life. You, my friend, need to be in full control. The KEY 🔑 to MORE SUCCESS. The DOORS to love were CLOSED, but you need to take this GODDAMN KEY 🔑 and OPEN that door. RIP those fucking HINGES OFF, and put them in the FUCCBOIS hands. (づ-🐽-)づ🔑(づ-🐽-)づ

Can I get premium membership on your dating site, pl0x? Do a fellow MAL friend a favor...will you?
Feb 11, 2016 3:45 PM

Jan 2015
Online dating is for cats. You should have the guts to visit the woman's family and ask if you can date her not some silly ass chatting on skype and call it """"" dating""""
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Feb 11, 2016 4:46 PM

Mar 2008
LoneWolf said:
lol what is?

They meet here then talk elsewhere.

Remv_quevav said:
Online dating is for cats. You should have the guts to visit the woman's family and ask if you can date her not some silly ass chatting on skype and call it """"" dating""""

Asking her parents like shes property lol
Feb 11, 2016 5:02 PM
Feb 2016
i don't see anything wrong with online dating. if it's a long distance relationship, then it's a bit troublesome at times.
Feb 11, 2016 5:03 PM

Apr 2012
traed said:
LoneWolf said:
lol what is?

Remv_quevav said:

The sad thing is, some guys probably believe women are property.
Feb 11, 2016 5:06 PM

Jan 2015
traed said:
LoneWolf said:
lol what is?

Remv_quevav said:

this is the reason why weebs cant get laid
Sad truth smh
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Feb 11, 2016 5:14 PM

Mar 2008
mascarpone said:

Yes some do think that or act like that and so do some girls.
Feb 11, 2016 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
traed said:
mascarpone said:

Yes some do think that or act like that and so do some girls.
Yes, the woman who thinks men are human atm machines.
Feb 11, 2016 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
The last time I had feelings for someone online they basically scrammed and left me with lots of lingering tensions. Then told me that anything we had was nothing later, as if to try and soften a blow. Either way, I'm done, done, DONE with that sort of relationship for now. I'm not going to have my affections crushed and my heart hurt as a result of communication becoming poorer, I'm not going to have someone inferior and pathetic hurt me like that again. Now I realize just what kind of person I was dealing with. A coward who flees the moment confrontation or newness comes along. Fucking hell, I can't believe part of my heart at all cared for so long.

Anyway, that made me realize how uselessly pathetic dating or mutual affections as far as romantic feelings go, can be between people online. Because people online have all the potential to be two faced fucks who are either pitying or lying to you, without any indication to show the fact that their feelings are falsified. Perhaps I can get around dumb online friendships, but I think relationships are where I draw the line at this point.

Although I lost the real life guy who was basically mine as well, so why should I be talking?
removed-userFeb 11, 2016 8:02 PM
Feb 12, 2016 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Remv_quevav said:

What's wrong with asking the parents for permission?
It's called "Having some dignity and being respectful to the parents."
Not because a woman is a property but because you want to let the parents know what kind of man you are and to give them assurance that you will take care of her the same way they have done their entire life.
*shrugs*

This is why weebs will never get laid.
Know no courtesy whatsoever.
Feb 12, 2016 12:55 AM

May 2014
I think it's hard to date someone online, it's a new relationship, y'all would still be trying to get to know each other, and now you have that aspect of not even knowing each other in real life. And can you trust someone you've never even met to be 100% loyal to you? What if she meets someone in real life? Can you expect her to pick someone she may never even meet over someone who is in the same country or town as her, someone she can build a life with?
From a girl's point of view, asking the parents for permission to date her just adds a whole new level of respect to the relationship, and shows the male is mature and is in the relationship for more then a quick root and boot.
Feb 12, 2016 1:02 AM

Aug 2015
Dating online is difficult, but I'm not opposed to the idea.

I dated a girl online once, and it lasted for only 2 months, we got fed up with not being able to see or even talk to each other much, so it was better to call it quits.

If a new chance would appear, sure. I'd try it again, hopefully with better results. Also, I'd prefer seeing the person in real life once in a while, I don't think I can go a single year in a relationship that's solely "online".
Feb 12, 2016 1:04 AM

May 2015
This is gold.
Tbh OP I understand where you are coming from, people may seem great online and I have kind of felt the same way before about someone I met on here but tbh its not worth it.
I don't know why I even care about this stuff.... maybe because valentines day coming up.
Feb 12, 2016 1:48 AM

May 2015
I don't think I can do it because I need the physical intimacy, but it worked for some people. Maybe it will work for me too.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 12, 2016 2:22 AM

Mar 2008
Andomarn said:
traed said:

Not because a woman is a property but because you want to let the parents know what kind of man you are and to give them assurance that you will take care of her the same way they have done their entire life.
*shrugs*

It's not a decision of the parent to make. You meet them AFTER you're dating and at most on some occasion before a date if you're picking them up at their place.
Feb 12, 2016 2:31 AM

May 2014
Maybe not a decision for a parent to make but it shows a sign of respect from the for example, male asking the females parents for permission to date their daughter. It's a very traditional and old thing that doesn't happen very often these days in society.

I would be very impressed if a guy asked my parents for permission to date me :)
Feb 12, 2016 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Andomarn said:

*shrugs*

It's not a decision of the parent to make. You meet them AFTER you're dating and at most on some occasion before a date if you're picking them up at their place.

Who the fuck ever said anything about the decision being made by parents?
You do it to show homage and respect for the parents, not necessarily to ask for permission.
If you are a man and you really love someone surely you would be respectful enough to show the parents of your love that you are sincere about what you're doing and not just "playin' around".
Feb 12, 2016 8:09 AM
Feb 2016
I met my dealer on MAL and now we are dating.
Feb 12, 2016 8:10 AM

Sep 2015
Dankiest said:
I met my dealer on MAL and now we are dating.
This is probably the sweetest love story I ever laid eyes on.

ask for discord server
Feb 12, 2016 8:11 AM

Apr 2013
Online dating in general is a joke imo.

You haven't even interacted or met in real life... I mean it works for some people but I just find that shit ridiculous.
Feb 12, 2016 8:13 AM

Sep 2015
hoopla123 said:

You haven't even interacted or met in real life... I mean it works for some people but I just find that shit ridiculous.
Real love transcends space and time
My wife is a 5 dimensional lizard alien
You can't even see her, she's invisible
You can't tell me who to love!

ask for discord server
Feb 12, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
Dusk said:
hoopla123 said:

Real love transcends space and time
My wife is a 5 dimensional lizard alien
You can't even see her, she's invisible
You can't tell me who to love!

> 5D
> Not 2D

What a filthy peasant. Rethink your life priorities OP.

2D > 3D/anything that isn't 2D
Feb 12, 2016 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
hoopla123 said:

If you were a true 2D fag, you'd accept OP's 2D relationship. >_<
--

OP, infatuation from text? It seems you aren't in the right frame of mind, and neither does this sound like this will become a reciprocated relationship, otherwise I'd hope for the 0.69% chance of you guys getting together, more so, it seems more like an obsession. Don't take it the wrong way, but you seem quite desperate for a relationship and that may have led you to such deluded feelings. But if you want to chase, go ahead, just don't go the point where you land yourself behind bars. Good luck!

As for my general opinion on online dating. It's something that can work out occasionally, but it's not something that's very efficient of your time. I wouldn't dislike anyone because of it, it just doesn't seem like something that would be able to be maintained in the long run.
『パイル』| Twitter
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

21 by rohan121 »»
29 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

31 by cody »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by 3miL »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

16 by traed »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.