Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2016 3:36 AM

Sep 2015
Am I the only one here who hate Ranta?
Feb 8, 2016 3:49 AM

Sep 2014
I liked this ep. It was much slower paced. However, the grieving process that they all experienced was rushed and dragged out in the wrong way. It was dragged out between the three guys and rushed with the girls. Still, it was a decent episode that gave you the idea of what was going on.

Also, I was screaming KISS HER ALREADY!!! Like 300 times. Well, at one point the f-bomb dropped or obvious reason.
SHE WANTS THE D!!!!!!!!
Feb 8, 2016 3:55 AM

Jul 2014
Dem ... they surely can't live without Manato.

This is showing that they're nothing without The Leader, The Strategist Manato.

I just hope that Haruhiko can covers Manato's role as the Leader Party, they're depending on him too much.

And Renji looks OP af, even his party looks strong.

Anyway, a solid 5/5 Episode.
Feb 8, 2016 4:43 AM
Apr 2015
This s turning out to be overhyped trash.

Lets hope the show picks itself up.

Can anyone tell me the anime to manga chapter from this episode?
~Baka~
Feb 8, 2016 4:47 AM
Apr 2015
ibraheem234 said:
ThatDarnIrishMan said:

...fucking seriously?

This show is unpredictable? I guessed with 100% accuracy as to the first 2 central characters who will die in the story. This anime is VERY cookie cutter. It's weird to see people trying to say "This is not your standard fantasy", it literally couldn't be more standard. Log Horizon had more balls than this.

Hell, even SAO had more balls than this anime... and somehow better characters.

Also, seriously? Who cares about romance between a bunch of bland characters. The 3 guys are, 1 cunt, 1 characterless but acceptable MC and 1 gentle giant guy you forget exists. The girls are 1 bumbling retard who can't even feed a bird without falling over, 1 kuudere trope and... well, I actually like Yume but she's totally my trope of tomboy, cheerful idiot.

All of the characters in this are pretty bland, even the "OMFG SO COOL" Renji guy... but at least with Renji, it looks like they might have had a cool story.

Why pick the loser, retard group who can barely kill a single goblin instead of the group of soldiers people are like "Fuck, they showed up, let's keep our heads down."?

respect your opinion dude but I have my own too.

Agreed, however Ranta is my favorite character.
This show is indeed turning out to be overhyped.
~Baka~
Feb 8, 2016 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
This is the show of what happens when you get drag into a game world but you suck at it.

Feb 8, 2016 5:17 AM

Dec 2010
...I'm still recovering after what happen in ERASED and then I remembered that Manato was dead FU**!

...Haruhiro will be a good leader, but they still got a long way to go 12 episode is not enough!

...realize that there's was no OP, but still feel's like really short episode
Feb 8, 2016 5:42 AM

Apr 2014
I'm already laughing at people who said this was gonna be another SAO rip off. This is much, MUCH better. This episode was good, really good. The development the characters got and the introducing of a new character made it even better.
Feb 8, 2016 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
_Hikari-Kun_ said:
ibraheem234 said:

respect your opinion dude but I have my own too.

Agreed, however Ranta is my favorite character.
This show is indeed turning out to be overhyped.

This show is overhyped ?
Feb 8, 2016 6:51 AM

Jun 2013
fucking drama man people die so fucking what move on
Feb 8, 2016 7:00 AM

Jul 2015
Axelucard said:

Yeah, they will move on someday, but it has passed just 3 days... if you had ever see a close friend of yours dying in front of you and you couldn't do nothing to save him... I guess you wouldn't have move on in just 3 days...
Feb 8, 2016 7:10 AM

Jun 2013
pablomc said:
Axelucard said:

Yeah, they will move on someday, but it has passed just 3 days... if you had ever see a close friend of yours dying in front of you and you couldn't do nothing to save him... I guess you wouldn't have move on in just 3 days...

sure cool story bruh
Feb 8, 2016 7:41 AM

Jul 2015
Axelucard said:
pablomc said:

sure cool story bruh

Yeah, but i got what you mean, to much drama in this ep, but i read the novel, they will move on hahaaha
Feb 8, 2016 7:46 AM

Dec 2014
Mary joined, I like her xD.

Manato was actually a godsend for the party, He did so much and was able to bring out the best in everyone.
I mean the party is at a point where they were asking a Priest to tank :P, Manato even did that even though he was a priest. But I guess now they'll finally be able to work like a real party with each person playing their appropriate role.

Yume is still best girl unless Mary proves better XD
Yume x Haru :D
Feb 8, 2016 7:49 AM

Jul 2014
What a pointless episode. Even the sky cried for Manato. Dem feelz.

Lelouch0202 said:

Manato was actually a godsend for the party, He did so much and was able to bring out the best in everyone.

If this episode did anything it was to show the exact opposite. We saw other groups who "started at the same time" are being wildly more successful, and we have Mary who kept pointing out how stupid Manato's tactics were.

Losing Manato was probably the best thing to happen to the group in the whole show.
SokahFeb 8, 2016 7:54 AM
Feb 8, 2016 7:56 AM

Dec 2014
Loved it, this one hit me straight in the heart
Feb 8, 2016 8:22 AM

Dec 2014
Sokah said:

Lelouch0202 said:

If this episode did anything it was to show the exact opposite. We saw other groups who "started at the same time" are being wildly more successful, and we have Mary who kept pointing out how stupid Manato's tactics were.

Losing Manato was probably the best thing to happen to the group in the whole show.

You're definitely right when you say that Manato's death is probably one of the best things that could have happened to help the team move on and actually learn.

Though when they did start out, Everyone in the group were just a bunch of amateurs and that's probably why none of the other groups picked them. I mean look at them, They pretty much expected a priest to tank. If it weren't for Manato keeping them together with his tactics(Which they still struggled at), Everyone in the party may have died much earlier.
Feb 8, 2016 8:39 AM

Nov 2015
The part when Haruhiro says that Manato was like a tanker tho... Mary was right, healers can't take the front line. Manato kinda carried the party, I knew the others would be devastated. I loved Yume on this episode, she's so sweet! And Shihoru's misunterstanding was funny.
Feb 8, 2016 8:55 AM

Jan 2014
So much grieving... in the whole episode. Hopefully this means that we're done with that now, so the group can move forward, especially now when Mary has joined.
Feb 8, 2016 9:19 AM

Oct 2013
kevkn said:
Lots of here complaining Mary being a bitchy ass priest. Do you even play MMO games? when did you see priest doing frontline in party grinds.

I usually play priest class in MMO games and I quite often get in the front lines. If it's just a regular grind I will fight along with everyone else, healing every now and then(I keep track on team mates hp and heal when its nearing 50%).I believe it is better to get the mob before the mob gets your teammate instead of doing nothing and only healing the teammate after the mob gets him. First choice makes the mob dead and doesn't require any healing if done properly. Second choice forces you to heal the teammate while dealing with the mob jumping around, still attacking.
Sometimes I even act as main tank if the party really sucks (I can keep myself alive while team members finish the mobs, bizarre strategy but it works).

I only stay back when:
- I recognize my team is going to need a lot of healing and I have to focus solely on that,
- I know I can't stand the mobs up front,
- The team is really capable and mobs die fast without me fighting.

My playstyle is quite risky and I often get in tough situations but I rarely die and I rarely let teammates die - I am flexible and I make my decisions fast.

And I actually I seen a lot of "heal only" clers die by being suddenly attacked by a patrolling/hidden mob. If I am attacked like this I know how to deal with it (I evaluate the situation in a blink of eye and decide to kill it, keep myself alive till help comes or run for help). Some "heal only" clers seem unable to keep themselves alive without constant guard of another team member because they don't know what to do and just stand there like little princesses or do stupid things in panic. One of most interesting "strategies" I seen was "escape as far as you can hoping the mob will give up, having no idea where you are going and where your team mates are" - only to run straight into a group of mobs, getting in even bigger mess and killing everyone else by getting that mobs attention to the group.

Practice makes perfect. If one never takes the chance to practice own skills in safe settings (normal grind is pretty save) he won't know own limits and won't be able to deal with the unexpected when situation calls for it. The more fights you survive the better you deal with tough situations in future.

Of course given the circulates I would be more careful. In MMO in worst care scenario I will just respawn in the city. In the anime death is the end. But I still wouldn't stay away from easy fights. 6 people fighting is better than 5 people fighting-1 watching. Especially if the one watching is actually the most capable fighter that just happen to have healing skills as well.

Manato wasn't a mere healer. He was a capable fighter equipped with healing skills. Jack of all trades.

Seeing him as just a priest is belittling. He was a priest but he could fight better than any of his team members so keeping him away from fight wouldn't be right choice.
He saved the team from many (potentially fatal) wounds using his staff, not healing powers. If he wasn't fighting he would just run out of mana very soon by healing too many serious wounds(he did anyway - but it would happen much earlier if he wasn't fighting). The team was really messy, especially at start. If they had a priest focusing solely on healing they would get first casualty much earlier because the priest wouldn't keep up with the damage.
Kiriae88Feb 8, 2016 9:26 AM
Feb 8, 2016 9:23 AM

Dec 2014
Im in love with this anime! FEELS!
Feb 8, 2016 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
Now i think they passed Manato's death.
That Yume x Haru scene <3

OrangeJP said:
That's a definite ship in my book

Agreed. Yume best girl <3

Smudy said:
Yume best girl. The first and the last scene were so powerful. Incredible stuff there.

10/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 8, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2013
Kiriae88 said:
I usually play priest class in MMO games and I quite often get in the front lines. If it's just a regular grind I will fight along with everyone else, healing every now and then(I keep track on team mates hp and heal when its nearing 50%).I believe it is better to get the mob before the mob gets your teammate instead of doing nothing and only healing the teammate after the mob gets him. First choice makes the mob dead and doesn't require any healing if done properly. Second choice forces you to heal the teammate while dealing with the mob jumping around, still attacking..

Problem of the show is that it isn't an anime adaptation of this or that MMO and doesn't bother to explain why priest is supposed to act the certain way - it keeps reminding to us what world is real (fantasy) world where you die when you are killed, not some Mass Multiplayer Game. Protagonists of the show doesn't even know what MMO is! This brings us to the question why priests indeed does need to be dressed in silk - in MMO, it's game mechanic, yet basically you can still get an armoured healer in some other ones, capable of some combat even when solo.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 8, 2016 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
Regardless of what everyone is saying about the series and it's slow pace I really, really like it.
And I thought I was over Manato's death but Haru/Yume scene almost broke me again :(

Next time it seems it's time for some bonding with Mary ^^
Feb 8, 2016 11:03 AM
Jun 2010
Opinions
Feb 8, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2013
yeah I guess I ship 'em
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Feb 8, 2016 12:01 PM

Mar 2008
Even though I don't like "calm" characters like Mary, I liked Mary's attitude because she kinda represents how "healers" should be in a party. Not using spells/energy recklessly, staying in backline if healer isn't going tank. I hope she'll tame the rest of party soon, especially that red headed guy.
Feb 8, 2016 1:18 PM

Sep 2014
Also, I just realized that they are also realizing how much Manato was helping them out and how weak they really are (the man was damn priest/tank). Hence his last words of "I'm sorry". AKA I'm sorry I lied to you all and gave you all a false sense of hope. It's up to you to unfuck this.....my bad. Mary is pretty much showing them, the hard way, how bad their tactics are and how badly they still need to improve.

As for the gold, that is a classic "We aren't a charity case". It's nothing more than egos and principles. You see that in actual movies too.
Feb 8, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
Ehhhh.. for there to be melodrama.. it came too early, can't feel anything for these characters I give no shits about.
Feb 8, 2016 2:21 PM

Aug 2014
Well in actual old school D&D, clerics are inherently the 2nd tankiest base class after fighter with 6 HP compared to the fighter's 8 and the thief and wizard's 4...
Anyway that was a pretty good episode. I quite enjoy the pacing because most 1 cour shows try to cram as much in and that is more boring to me compared to a slow paced show as at least events feel like they have significance. Imagine if manato had died in episode 2 because they tried to cram 3 novels into 1 season. LN shows get better the more time you spend on each book as far as I can tell relative to how long you need to tell that section of the story. Rokka was really good and it was 1 LN's worth of content!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Feb 8, 2016 2:26 PM

Oct 2010
yuiyuigahama said:

you could say that up until his death manato was haruhiros closest friend. their partys anchor and cherished ally "quite literally" just died "or did you really need to" dismiss that enormous plot point? pretty callous of you to treat manato like he was just some object.

You do realize that Manato constitutes nothing but an "opening character", considering he died halfway through Vol. 1 of a whoknowshowlongit'llrun series, right? In fact, his death is objectively the most vital part of his existence in the long run as it is suppose to propel the remaining characters forward, giving them a renewed goal and energy. Unfortunately to me, he IS an object, a plot object for advancement of the story. 4 episodes of the same character doing the same things does not nearly constitute enough grounds for me to "like" someone.

yuiyuigahama said:
im 100% certain that the same amount of people would complain if they got over his death in one episode. like idk if you werent paying attention or something but its only been several (1-3) days since they cremated manato. if youve never experienced the death of someone close to you then this is a variation of what its like to mourn and grieve, amplified by their current plight because again if you havent noticed this either, haruhiro and his crew are completely lost. its so blatantly obvious that everyones scared out of their wits without manato i almost want to criticize the author for beating us over the head with it, but i cant because its actually important to portray sorrow.

Pretty sure this is wrong. That's why there's multitudes of people complaining. You're not wrong about their attempts to "portray sorrow", but their piss poor appeal at our emotion is contingent upon the condition that we actually give a fuck about these characters. So far, they've done nothing to warrant our sympathy or admiration. Not to mention going at the snail pace that they are currently, spending an entire episode on MC crying over Manato and living in his shadow further exacerbates the already prevalent notion that this anime is slow and meaninglessly so. Character development and plot advancement aren't mutually exclusive, in fact most A tier anime find a way to synergistically utilize the two.

yuiyuigahama said:
you know, the human emotion...i mean following your logic everyones a "lil' bitch" because we all experience sadness.

feeling sadness =/= lil' bitch. Wasting an entire episode to cry in the arms of an autistic girl in a scene that could have been wrapped up in 10 minutes = lil' bitch wasting time. You need to realize that this is a 1-cour series and we're practically halfway through the season already, with nothing to show for this anime except watching the cast kill 4 goblins, eat together 5 times, shop 3 times and Rantard eating 3 different kinds of foods.
Feb 8, 2016 2:30 PM

Aug 2014
If they can kill an orge or something at the end of the series I'll be happy. Fuck fast progression, slow progression is way more interesting. This show doesn't really have any plot and I think that's good.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Feb 8, 2016 2:50 PM

Jul 2015
This Anime feels like a good book. Somehow nothing important happens but i am still entertained. Watching how everyone of the party reacts different to the loss of a friend. It's very human and grounded.

I can't understand how so many can be against it. They are going through the 5 steps of grief. I mean..what do you want? This Anime is not about the fighting and the "let's get overpowered!" Themes...that's what Sword Art Online is for. So far it's about human interaction and very basic struggles. Will we get enough to eat? What happens when a beloved dies?
Do you read Lord of Flies and scream "WHERE IS THE FUCKING ACTION?!"

I would take even 20 minutes dialogues in the pub for each for every single cheesy Mira fan service butt-shot in Dimension W.
(jesus christ get your shits together..)
Feb 8, 2016 3:55 PM

Jun 2014
The guys in the group are being quite distant to Yume and Shihoru which is seen in their private drinking circle. Yeah let's forget all the bad times about Manato and move on. Haruhiro rejecting that gold coin from Renji was a class act from him, as he's not one to be pitied on but bitch Ranta says otherwise although he does have a fairly convincing argument regarding it's worth. The battle experience is what was the major factor for Minato's death, so good move there. Nice to see Mary a foreigner introduced. Was there only Japanese people in the beginning? I'm not sure but I doubt it makes a difference. Priests aren't always physically weak, as some game franchises can make them the deadliest unit at times.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 8, 2016 4:03 PM

Mar 2014
Ranta's voice remembers me of Corkus from Berserk.

I hate them both.

I should have realized that earlier.
Feb 8, 2016 4:31 PM

Nov 2013
so cringy.

yume is a dime tho
Feb 8, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2014
_Hikari-Kun_ said:
its not even in the top 1000, the hell you talking about
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Feb 8, 2016 6:30 PM

Feb 2015
Everytime ranta is on the screen I just want to skip ahead hes just a terrible character imo
Feb 8, 2016 7:11 PM

Mar 2010
its getting boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2016 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
Sapewloth said:
_Hikari-Kun_ said:
its not even in the top 1000, the hell you talking about

That Musaigen shit is overhyped trash. Fucking chore to watch every episode. Still trying to figure out whether it was the White castle I had or that that made me queasy. I'm putting my money on the former...
Feb 8, 2016 7:59 PM

Apr 2014
Get over it already...people will die one way or another...btw is Haruhiro gay? Haha
Well good to see Mary join the party.
Yume is acting like a cunt now...
Feb 8, 2016 8:08 PM

Jul 2015
hlubkoj2020 said:
Get over it already...people will die one way or another...btw is Haruhiro gay? Haha
Well good to see Mary join the party.

please grow up already. why should he be gay? And why is that laughable for you to begin with?
Feb 8, 2016 8:08 PM

Mar 2010
hlubkoj2020 said:
btw is Haruhiro gay? Haha

LOL hahahaha thanks you made my day haha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2016 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
Great follow up to the tragedy. Also very nice animation in the last scene.
Feb 8, 2016 9:22 PM
Dec 2013
I have mixed feelings about the way this show mess with my feelings.
But I like it.
Feb 8, 2016 9:35 PM

Jan 2016
lizebutnotrize said:
Nexxkinn said:
kind of ...okay episode? I don't know.
This whole episode is mainly just proving how weak their team actually is, and their feeling about Manato's death. Nothing much to talk about this episode.

Other than that,
- Mary is 9/10.
- Until this episode, I still don't know if I treat this show as SoL action or Drama...
- surprise, surprise! no insert song ! (?)

dat sideboob...
Lmao even in a supposedly emotional scene they still manage to sexualize/objectify the shit out of Yume. Also where the fuck is her supposedly flat chest?

Well yes, that is what we men like, you got a problem with that girl?

"Objectification" did you leak from tumblr? what's with the nonsensical concepts.
Feb 8, 2016 11:17 PM

Apr 2015
so they need to remove manato so that the number of girls and boys will be equal

nice episode
that yume's sideboob somewhat remove my boredom
internet is a cruel mistress
Feb 9, 2016 12:38 AM

Jan 2014
Personally, i loved this episode.

Can someone who has read the LN tell me if Haruhiro and Yume are going to become a couple in the future? Make sure to put it into a spoiler tag tough.
Feb 9, 2016 12:59 AM

Jan 2014
I'm seriously starting to think of Grimgar as a rare case where anime is better than a novel. It feels much more mature and refreshing than original.
Feb 9, 2016 2:44 AM
Nov 2015
l3eifong said:
I'm seriously starting to think of Grimgar as a rare case where anime is better than a novel. It feels much more mature and refreshing than original.

The sad thing is that volume 1 where majority of the anime will be set is boring as hell this being a 1 cour it will miss out the parts where the novel actually gets interesting Volume 4 onwards unless it gets insanely popular to warrant a Season 2.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

464 by Anjopskun »»
May 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.