Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 19, 2016 5:46 AM

Jun 2008
Heard about the webtoon lots of time back in the past, but the synopsis never sounded interesting enough for me to read it but this ova convinced me to :P I have never read the webtoon so I didn't think it was rush coming in as an anime-only viewer but the ending sure left us hanging there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2016 9:28 PM

Jun 2014
Wasnt as good as the first OVA imo. I was expecting a continuation, instead of two unrelated narratives. Of the two, the first had a better story.
Feb 20, 2016 9:12 AM

Mar 2014
Bored me to death just like that other OVA

At least the fight at the end was okay

4/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 20, 2016 5:11 PM

Jan 2015
Much better than the prequel. The animation was way better, and the MC actually had a minimal amount of personality. Pretty good for an introduction to the series. The fights were really amazing too.
Feb 22, 2016 3:48 PM

Feb 2015
ironace said:
Laugasts said:

They're not vampires.

Oh no theyre vampires all right(mostly) but they do NOT fit into 'generic/edgy' vamps category

^ they're nothing like the average vampire. they break 100% of the rules. that's what makes noblesse what it is!
------
i loved it when rai did this for the first time in the manwha and the anime did it justice, although it wasn't nearly so early. but they needed to show all of what rai could do in just a short amount of time so it's understandable.

also i thought the animation was pretty mediocre (that's why i said nothing about it) until i saw this sequence of gifs. it's wonderful! i feel like i'm watching it for the first time, animation-wise. i need to watch this again lol.

no wonder IG is so legendary.
TomDayFeb 22, 2016 4:03 PM
Feb 23, 2016 11:19 PM

Feb 2015
now all we have to do is wait to see the book sales!
Mar 2, 2016 2:57 PM

Dec 2008
That was beautiful to watch!
Mar 8, 2016 10:52 AM

Apr 2013
the whole combination of the first 4-5 chapters together in a animated series is amazing, i just feel really annoyed that it isnt in korean like it is suppos to be, but rather in japanese, i am really disspointed
Mar 16, 2016 4:00 PM

Feb 2015
holimoli said:
the whole combination of the first 4-5 chapters together in a animated series is amazing, i just feel really annoyed that it isnt in korean like it is suppos to be, but rather in japanese, i am really disspointed

i don't understand the matter of origin as long as it gets animated. besides the ONA was done by korea.
Mar 17, 2016 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
Waiting for an anime adaptation, with this level of graphics, sfx and voice acting. PLEASE
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Mar 18, 2016 6:52 PM

Feb 2015
hooray! the OVA has finally reached a million views! now i can surely have the confidence that the official season won't be far behind.

rejoice!
Mar 19, 2016 8:49 AM

Oct 2012
Hm, I had read a couple chapters of Noblesse and wasn't terribly motivated to continue, but this ONA really did its job. After seeing this, I'm really motivated to start reading it again~

In terms of Manhwa, I didn't think it was all that likely that they would be adapted, but after seeing Noblesse getting an adaptation, I'm really hoping that they adapt at least a one-ep ONA for Tower of God (ToG). I really want to see Baam and co climbing the tower!
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 19, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
TomDay said:
holimoli said:

i don't understand the matter of origin as long as it gets animated. besides the ONA was done by korea.

i still don't like that it isn't in korean...
Mar 20, 2016 9:29 AM

Feb 2015
holimoli said:

i still don't like that it isn't in korean...

and it's pretty silly to be complaining about something like that.
Mar 21, 2016 3:25 AM

Apr 2013
i don't see why you are bothered by my opinion....
Mar 27, 2016 1:37 AM

Jun 2013
TomDay said:
AvihayAnimes said:
I have to read the manga to watch that shit?

*manwha
---------
it's on the internet now so there's no need to ask. anyway i haven't seen i yet but i definitely intend to watch it tonight.

to the people watching this for the first time: BE PREPARED. SEVERE AWESOMENESS IS COMING TO THE INTERNET IN NO FORM LIKE BEFORE.

if that doesn't convince you, just remember that the minds of kuroko no basket, psycho pass, ghost in the shell and samurai champloo are on this. there's like no way they can mess this up. expect a S2. just do it. as a matter of fact, expect a season 37. and up.

and if that still doesn't convince you, also remember that noblesse has collected over 2 billion page views because of it's magnetizing aura of awesomeness.

THIS. Oh, cool Regis avatar btw. :D

I liked the OVA despite it cramming 75 chapters into one episode, it IS an OVA after all. I'm reading the webtoon until now and I'm loving it. My favorite part in the webtoon and in the OVA was when Rai thought the chopsticks were stakes and that the garlic were meant to kill him. It's a classic scene that never gets old.

I'm getting confused by their names and the setting. It's Japanese dubbed, the school is Ye Ran which is Korean, they're eating ramyun (spicy ramen) with kimchi but Shinwu is called Yusuke Tashiro, Ikhan is Kase Manabu and Yuna is Emi Iwata.

I hope this is received well and gets a full Anime series adaptation.

I also hope this will pave the path to adapting more Korean webtoons in the future like Distant Sky, Bastard, Windbreaker, Tower of God, Annasumanara, etc.
BibimbapskiMar 27, 2016 1:53 AM
臭い-
Mar 27, 2016 9:56 AM

Feb 2015
holimoli said:

i don't understand it. that's why i'm bothered.

@Bibimbapski thanks :P
-----
you know, there's been a lot of discussion about how short the chapters are, so a full length episode could rush through like no-one business. but looking at this episode with 70+ chapters put into one, it felt rushed right? IG missed A LOT, but they had to put the basics inside before anything else. so, if they decided to spread it out like it belonged, i think it would do pretty good by just doing around 3-4 chapters per episode. that would equal up to like 25+ episodes. i am no longer worrying about the shortness of the chapters being adapted.
Mar 28, 2016 9:59 AM
Mar 2016
i made an account just to give this thing 5 starts i want more episode alot more
Apr 1, 2016 4:13 PM

Feb 2013
Not bad,but I don't like how they rushed things and changed the story.
Apr 3, 2016 2:16 AM

Apr 2013
TomDay said:
holimoli said:

i don't understand it. that's why i'm bothered.

@Bibimbapski thanks :P
-----
you know, there's been a lot of discussion about how short the chapters are, so a full length episode could rush through like no-one business. but looking at this episode with 70+ chapters put into one, it felt rushed right? IG missed A LOT, but they had to put the basics inside before anything else. so, if they decided to spread it out like it belonged, i think it would do pretty good by just doing around 3-4 chapters per episode. that would equal up to like 25+ episodes. i am no longer worrying about the shortness of the chapters being adapted.

I'm not understanding you, why are you bothered by my opinion? i want it to be in korean. it would have hit my expectations, but it didn't, and so I'm disappointed. but I'm not telling you my opnion, so you don't need to understand more than what im saying.
Apr 3, 2016 12:30 PM

Feb 2015
holimoli said:

I'm not understanding you, why are you bothered by my opinion? i want it to be in korean. it would have hit my expectations, but it didn't, and so I'm disappointed. but I'm not telling you my opnion, so you don't need to understand more than what im saying.

and here's what i don't understand.

making it korean wouldn't make it any worse or better. it's just animation.

you seriously want it done by korean hands and then it will be a relief off your back? what?

then again i never understood this specification of race, anyway. all of it is stupid.

Ulquiorra said:

they rushed it, but the story stayed the same.
Apr 3, 2016 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
TomDay said:
holimoli said:

making it korean wouldn't make it any worse or better. it's just animation.

you seriously want it done by korean hands and then it will be a relief off your back? what?

then again i never understood this specification of race, anyway. all of it is stupid.

Ulquiorra said:

They never knew about the Noblesse so early.
And Jake didn't kill that mutant.
Apr 3, 2016 7:36 PM

Feb 2015
Ulquiorra said:

knowing about it early was more of a rush, not change.

by mutant, do you mean 21's friend?
Apr 4, 2016 3:17 AM

Apr 2013
TomDay said:
holimoli said:

I'm not understanding you, why are you bothered by my opinion? i want it to be in Korean. it would have hit my expectations, but it didn't, and so I'm disappointed. but I'm not telling you my opinion, so you don't need to understand more than what I'm saying.

making it Korean wouldn't make it any worse or better. it's just animation.

you seriously want it done by Korean hands and then it will be a relief off your back? what?

Ulquiorra said:

oh my God what is your problem? i want it to be in Korean. the guy who wrote this is Korean, and i preferred it if it was in Korean, it doesn't mean that it wasn't good, but it would have made me happier if it was Korean.
i am not mad that it isn't in Korean, but i would have preferred it being in Korean since words like "nonna" and "ahjusshi" were used in the webtoon. i would have liked hearing them in the animated version..
God you are sensitive dude. you can't stand my opinion. too bad :/
Apr 4, 2016 4:02 AM

Feb 2013
TomDay said:
Ulquiorra said:

knowing about it early was more of a rush, not change.

by mutant, do you mean 21's friend?

No, the one M-24 made, the one they used to find Shinwoo and the others.
Crombell found him and made some experiments on him, and M-21 is the one who killed him after Rai awakened him.
UlquiorraApr 4, 2016 4:11 AM
Apr 4, 2016 5:12 AM

Mar 2014
TomDay said:
also remember that noblesse has collected over 2 billion page views because of it's magnetizing aura of awesomeness.

Do you have proof of this?

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Apr 4, 2016 2:10 PM

Feb 2015
TornadoTheDragon said:

Do you have proof of this?

(http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-04/production-i.g-makes-anime-of-korean-vampire-comic-noblesse/.98325)

Son and Lee launched the comic in Line Webtoon in Korean in 2007, and it now has almost 400 chapters which have garnered over 2 billion page views.

(http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/02/04/crunchyroll-adds-noblesse-awakening-anime-adaptation-to-streaming-lineup)

The series has amassed almost 400 episodes and accumulated over 2 billion page views since its debut.

why would you think i lied?
TomDayApr 5, 2016 10:42 AM
Apr 5, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2015
Ulquiorra said:

Crombell found him and made some experiments on him, and M-21 is the one who killed him after Rai awakened him.

oh yeaaaa, forgot that.

holimoli said:

oh my God what is your problem? i want it to be in Korean.

and i keep asking why but all you whine and insist that that it needs to be korean.

which makes no sense.

the guy who wrote this is Korean,

holy smack. didn't know that. and BTW, 2 guys made it.

and i preferred it if it was in Korean, it doesn't mean that it wasn't good, but it would have made me happier if it was Korean.

you keep giving your reason. i asked why.

i am not mad that it isn't in Korean, but i would have preferred it being in Korean since words like "nonna" and "ahjusshi" were used in the webtoon. i would have liked hearing them in the animated version..

i'm pretty sure that when son and lee were looking about how IG did their work (oh and the korean work as well) they didn't have nearly as much complaints as you did.

if an opinion goes unexplained, yes, it does tend to get on my nerves.
Apr 5, 2016 11:01 PM

Dec 2012
Probably time for me to stop procrastinating and actually start reading the manhwa, after putting off on reading it for years now.
allo
Apr 6, 2016 3:29 AM

Apr 2013
TomDay said:
Ulquiorra said:

oh yeaaaa, forgot that.

holimoli said:

oh my God what is your problem? i want it to be in Korean.

and i keep asking why but all you whine and insist that that it needs to be korean.

which makes no sense.

the guy who wrote this is Korean,

holy smack. didn't know that. and BTW, 2 guys made it.

and i preferred it if it was in Korean, it doesn't mean that it wasn't good, but it would have made me happier if it was Korean.

you keep giving your reason. i asked why.

i'm pretty sure that when son and lee were looking about how IG did their work (oh and the korean work as well) they didn't have nearly as much complaints as you did.

if an opinion goes unexplained, yes, it does tend to get on my nerves.

*APPLAUSE* thank you, now please keep your anger inside of you, and dont throw at me your angry attitude. God bless you.
Apr 7, 2016 9:32 AM

Feb 2015
aaaand you still don't give literally a SINGLE point of why it should be korean lol.

holimoli said:
God bless you.

and it's not "God bless". it's NOBLESSE!
TomDayApr 7, 2016 2:15 PM
Apr 8, 2016 12:53 AM

Apr 2013
TomDay said:
aaaand you still don't give literally a SINGLE point of why it should be korean lol.

holimoli said:
God bless you.

and it's not "God bless". it's NOBLESSE!

Apr 14, 2016 7:34 AM

Dec 2013
NO new news yet???? This project needs to pave the way for all webtoons and lead them new era of anime!!
May 2, 2016 7:48 PM

Feb 2015
i'm being silently killed by no S1 announcement...

ironace said:
NO new news yet???? This project needs to pave the way for all webtoons and lead them new era of anime!!

very funny, noblesse did the very same thing for manwha. it's very ironic how it's doing the same door-opening attempt for anime as well.
TomDayMay 2, 2016 7:52 PM
May 3, 2016 3:43 AM

Dec 2013
TomDay said:

very funny, noblesse did the very same thing for manwha. it's very ironic how it's doing the same door-opening attempt for anime as well.

I dont quite get what ur saying by it doing the same thing fir manwha
May 3, 2016 4:10 PM

Feb 2015
ironace said:

I dont quite get what ur saying by it doing the same thing fir manwha

noblesse opened doors for many more manwha to get out in the public.

now noblesse is opening doors for future manwha/manhua in the same way. if it was a success in japan, that is.

if you don't really know what i mean by the "opening doors" thingie, then you probably don't understand how much powerful influence noblesse had in the webtoons pool.
May 4, 2016 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
TomDay said:

noblesse opened doors for many more manwha to get out in the public.

now noblesse is opening doors for future manwha/manhua in the same way. if it was a success in japan, that is.

if you don't really know what i mean by the "opening doors" thingie, then you probably don't understand how much powerful influence noblesse had in the webtoons pool.

Oh i see... i always thought it was one of the big 3 webtoons. guess that explains it.
May 5, 2016 12:24 PM

Feb 2015
@ironace

yeah, it was huge went it came out. hence the 2 billion+ views lol.
May 12, 2016 7:03 AM

Jun 2011
Holy shit, that was the most fun I have had watching an anime in quite a while now, this is what the prequel should have been, an adaptation of the webtoon from chapter 1 (or 2 in this case), not jump into who knows where in the story. Yes, this wasn't a perfect adaptation, there's problem with the pacing, the art couldn't match up with the webtoon's art (edit: I take this back, art and animation were glorious, couldn't really think of any moment of flaw, I was comparing the art in latter chapters, but the first few chapters iirc looked just like it was in this anime), and the 'impactful' or emotional scenes weren't as good as they could be, but heck, they compensated with great soundtrack, great look and atmosphere around Rai (they did this man justice!) and freakin Frankenstein was so badass! I personally don't really like his voice though, but oh well.

But man, did I mention how well they did those Raizel's scene? From the moment he appeared, he looked majestic, there's just this special aura surrounding him, almost seem as if he's untouchable. The comedy, while not completely on point, was still enjoyable. And man, Raizel.. lol I know I keep repeating myself, but dang, his attacks thoughhhh!

I also loved how they nailed the one Franky scene with him saying he had a feeling those monsters started with him, it makes him look so intimidating for that one moment.

I don't like how they switch up the name of the characters though, just call them by their original name, it's not that hard.

But man, they really need to animate more of this stuff, I want to see my bae Franky in full glory that he very much deserves. Oh, and, respect to M-24, dude was straight up beast, even though he got low diff'd. I want to see more of M 21 as well.
ToG25thBaamMay 12, 2016 7:09 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 22, 2016 2:42 PM

Feb 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Yes, this wasn't a perfect adaptation, there's problem with the pacing, the art couldn't match up with the webtoon's art (edit: I take this back, art and animation were glorious, couldn't really think of any moment of flaw, I was comparing the art in latter chapters, but the first few chapters iirc looked just like it was in this anime)

lol, i see where you're coming from. they drew rai perfectly, but they drew rai perfectly in the old days (or early chapters). it's like how the in the frieza saga, everyone was early drawn but it was still drawn perfectly on how the author drew it at that moment. but later on his art got better, and that applied to the animation as well.

that's why i liked the korean one a bit better. it had the animation of current rai (with his epic haircut) and it captured his personality even better.
-----
oh wow, back in '14 noblesse had already made 600mil views!

i wouldn't have known since i was reading it on mangahere at the time.
----
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-05-18/.102220

aaand great. because of racism there hasn't been animation adaptions. well this just makes me overjoyed of a 0% chance possibility of no full series adaption. i do expect to hear something about it, though. in the winter or late fall, maybe?
TomDayMay 22, 2016 2:50 PM
Jun 10, 2016 11:21 PM

Feb 2015
(https://www.yahoo.com/movies/line-webtoons-noblesse-hits-400th-180046851.html)

JunKoo Kim, founder of LINE Webtoon, said “Since launching on Discover, Noblesse has quickly grown to be a hit series read around the world and has now reached the milestone of its 400th chapter. In addition to the recent launch of the animated series Noblesse: Awakening, we are planning even more ways for the fans around the world to enjoy Noblesse.”

oh my gosh you guys, this basically seems like a confirmation-hint of a full season adaption!
Jun 11, 2016 1:56 AM

Dec 2013
TomDay said:
(https://www.yahoo.com/movies/line-webtoons-noblesse-hits-400th-180046851.html)

JunKoo Kim, founder of LINE Webtoon, said “Since launching on Discover, Noblesse has quickly grown to be a hit series read around the world and has now reached the milestone of its 400th chapter. In addition to the recent launch of the animated series Noblesse: Awakening, we are planning even more ways for the fans around the world to enjoy Noblesse.”

oh my gosh you guys, this basically seems like a confirmation-hint of a full season adaption!

DAMM IT ur giving me some hope!
but this could mean many things
-more side stories
-a game
-a movie?
-A full anime adaptation!!!
I just hope ToG also gets the same level of recognition as well soon.
Jun 11, 2016 9:24 AM

Feb 2015
ironace said:

DAMM IT ur giving me some hope!
but this could mean many things
-more side stories
-a game
-a movie?
-A full anime adaptation!!!
I just hope ToG also gets the same level of recognition as well soon.

yes dude, this means so much hype! perhaps this means an adaptation is announced this year, but the actual airing is the year afterward. who knows?!? i'm just guessing.
but you're right. anime isn't the only thing that can happen. but as for a game, it technically happened already. look at this:

as you can see it was only an event but it was pretty well received by fans and some even asked if it was coming back. franky looks awesome :^

as for TOG, i definitely can't wait to see if it's adapted. i've been saying for a long time that for even for my adoration of noblesse, TOG has even more shounen vibes than any webtoon i've ever read. it needs to happen.

and finally, i'm not giving you that hope; it's kim himself! so excited to see what he has in store these last 6 months.
TomDayJun 11, 2016 9:29 AM
Jul 14, 2016 10:39 PM
???

May 2014
such a great manga I wish they would continue from this episode

" a scattered dream that's like a far-off memory. a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream. i want to line the pieces up--yours and mine. "

Aug 9, 2016 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
(http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/its-time-webtoons-go-global-2016)

More cross-media deals to adapt webtoon stories into TV drama series, feature-length animations, movies, games, books and toys are expected in 2016.

i know that S/E holds the rights to make a game after one webtoon (the announcement of it going into action hasn't happened yet), but that was pluralised. so what's next this year i wonder? the toys part also make me almost just as curious.
Nov 30, 2016 10:27 AM
Nov 2016
its short but awesome three in total noblesse the beginning 2 ep and noblesse the awakening ova 1 i wanna know if its gonna continue they can let it end like in the middle
Dec 27, 2016 8:08 PM

Dec 2013
I still don't have any intention of reading the source material but if they make a full series of this I would definitely watch it.
Jan 14, 2017 2:32 PM

May 2013
Hm. Very nice. I'm impressed. The flow was pretty good, considering it was all in one ep. I'm sure it felt hella rushed to the manhwa readers, but to those who've only watched this, it wasn't too bad. I think I'll give it an 8/10. Would've been better as a series, but this will do.
Feb 13, 2017 10:06 PM

Oct 2013
felt rushed but was still enjoyable though wonder if they'll ever make a full on series of it or not?.
Jul 5, 2017 6:36 PM

Dec 2016
A fun half hour, would be good as a 12 episode anime series if it ever got one!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Which one should be watched first ?

AngelShiva - Feb 7, 2016

16 by Jonny_Rooke »»
Sep 29, 2020 4:14 AM

» Next when?

valoon - Feb 16, 2016

4 by Jimmyowns2 »»
Mar 19, 2016 2:24 PM

» Noblesse animated short

Marrone - Feb 4, 2016

14 by Tyrel »»
Feb 4, 2016 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.