Forum Settings
Forums

Petting confirmed removed from the English localized version of Fire Emblem: Fates

New
Pages (27) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2014
Personally I couldn't get pass the "nontroversy" bit. Trying to say it isn't an issue worth talking about but since people are talking about it you'll talk about it. So it's worth talking about because others talk about it, but it's not worth talking about because...reasons. Just admit you don't really care and just want attention. It's rare that I've seen someone do clickbait with such an arrogant air about them. To quote CinemaSins "That's like having your cake, eating it and then saying 'Fuck cake. I'm above it!'"
Feb 2, 2016 1:59 PM

Sep 2011
BurningBattosai said:
The guy over at IGN who gave Evolve a 9/10 also approves of paying more for games.
I'm not even joking. He literally said he'd like to pay more for games.

He's a retarded brainwashed liberal that spouts circlejerk buzzwords like "nontroversy." The one person on IGN that was alright was Colin and he's gone so I almost never go to that site. They are unbelievably biased and full of shit. That Otero guy is also a rabid Nintendofag. He defends every single decision NoA makes no matter how stupid it may be.
Feb 2, 2016 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
The guy being sarcastic and saying "Whaaaaaaat? Because people in Japan just touch each other all over!" doesn't seem to realize that he's actually arguing against the censorship.

People don't touch each other's faces for no reason in Japan EITHER. It's not removed because of "cultural differences", it's removed because Nintendo is afraid of people freaking out at them.

Also, Project Diva has face touching. Never even heard anyone mention it.

Also-also, I hate when they start talking about the benefit of the face touching being that "the animation is really nice" blah blah blah.

Like, just own up and say you were gonna try it for a laugh and then either ignore it, or use it to grind supports. It doesn't have to be this creepy awkward fucking thing, so people need to stop acting like it's this sensitive thing and you need some excuse to play it. It's just another gameplay mechanic. It has a use, and people were going to use it for that.

Especially those playing on the Nohr side, because they don't get to grind. Being able to grind supports through the face touching would actually be extremely useful.

And "use the time you used complaining to learn Japanese." Is he a moron?

I AM learning Japanese, but that has nothing to do with this bullshit censorship. Learning Japanese doesn't make Nintendo less of a coward that won't stand by it's own developers. Learning Japanese doesn't give me $200 for another DS to play an imported copy. Learning Japanese also doesn't take away enough time from my day that I can't post on a YouTube video or a forum post.

Not to mention the Support Conversation in question wasn't homophobic to begin with.
removed-userFeb 2, 2016 2:16 PM
Feb 2, 2016 2:58 PM

Aug 2014
Mashiro-Senpai said:

Not to mention the Support Conversation in question wasn't homophobic to begin with.

Which they would realize if they actually did learn Japanese, or did a little research beyond one person's tumblr.
Feb 2, 2016 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
AllenNoah said:
Mashiro-Senpai said:

Which they would realize if they actually did learn Japanese, or did a little research beyond one person's tumblr.

Actually watching through that entire video caused me physical pain. They're so stupid.
Feb 4, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2013

Check out the dislike bar
Feb 4, 2016 7:00 AM

Apr 2012
TR-8RCaim said:

Check out the dislike bar
Well you would look at that. It seems censorship apologists are a minority after all.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 4, 2016 7:06 AM

Sep 2011
Nobody wants to pay full price for an incomplete game. Reminder that the real reason for this censorship is because 70% of all the voice work is in those petting cutscenes. NoA and Treehouse confirmed for being lazy pieces of shit.
Feb 4, 2016 7:56 AM
May 2009
Fullmetal89 said:
Nobody wants to pay full price for an incomplete game. Reminder that the real reason for this censorship is because 70% of all the voice work is in those petting cutscenes. NoA and Treehouse confirmed for being lazy pieces of shit.

Just get the fantranslation patch. Assuming I can ever bother to hack the 3ds.
Feb 4, 2016 8:04 AM

Apr 2012
shintai88 said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Dude, it won't take long, you just can't get yourself to do it.

Anyway, what disappoints me the most in these type of situations, are the rationalizations people make to still buy the game.

There's that internal conflict of "I WANT THIS GAME" and "I HATE CENSORSHIP" going on, so what they do, is rationalize it from every position. E.g. "They won't bring the games to the west if we do that." -> "Then message them the reason for why you won't buy them." -> "But those messages won't get to them, it'll be in the spam folder" RATIONALIZATION FULL STOP -> "So they're failures in marketing and PR. Besides you not having evidence of that happening, it is unlikely a company would ignore their fans to such an extent."

Of course, the idea is to send an email to both NoA and Nintendo Japan.

There are other stupid rationalizations going on, but it just shows how desperate people are in these situations, and it's disappointing, they think of themselves as customers in control, but they're exactly the opposite...

Autocrat said:
Feb 4, 2016 8:10 AM
May 2009
Immahnoob said:
shintai88 said:

Dude, it won't take long, you just can't get yourself to do it.

Anyway, what disappoints me the most in these type of situations, are the rationalizations people make to still buy the game.

There's that internal conflict of "I WANT THIS GAME" and "I HATE CENSORSHIP" going on, so what they do, is rationalize it from every position. E.g. "They won't bring the games to the west if we do that." -> "Then message them the reason for why you won't buy them." -> "But those messages won't get to them, it'll be in the spam folder" RATIONALIZATION FULL STOP -> "So they're failures in marketing and PR. Besides you not having evidence of that happening, it is unlikely a company would ignore their fans to such an extent."

Of course, the idea is to send an email to both NoA and Nintendo Japan.

There are other stupid rationalizations going on, but it just shows how desperate people are in these situations, and it's disappointing, they think of themselves as customers in control, but they're exactly the opposite...

Lol true, I am reading the Tutorial you sent me still not quite understanding if I just copy and Paste the folders into the root.

Was going to youtube some guide videos if I could. Just been too busy to do any research.

I only buy a game if it atleast meets the standard I expect it, or if the price is reasonable for the game in its state. reason I never by on release, and just wait for reviews and stuff.

Problem with JRPG games though most rarely fall in price due to rarity in Europe. Some can be overpriced for this reason. You can sometimes find a rare physical in a pre-owned game store at the correct price, but its rare.
Feb 4, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2012
Copy-paste the steps you don't understand on a private message and I'll help you set it up.

Autocrat said:
Feb 4, 2016 4:07 PM

Aug 2014
Live2D models are in. Voiced with no interaction.

Dual Audio is out. English voices are trash.

Elise is an adult. Hee Hee Yay motherfucker.
Sieg Zeon!
Feb 4, 2016 5:02 PM

Mar 2009
QuattroVaginas said:

Can confirm from this video from Polygon.
Feb 4, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2009
Immahnoob said:
Copy-paste the steps you don't understand on a private message and I'll help you set it up.
A bit curious about all the hacking stuff, is it still impossible to put CFW on OFW 10.4 without a hardmod?
Feb 4, 2016 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
Manjuu said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Can confirm from this video from Polygon.

Eh, well at least the dialogue seems to be in there. Still no dual-audio -_-. Not convinced, I think I'll just import a copy of the special edition and use my homebrewed DS.
Feb 4, 2016 7:43 PM

Mar 2013
I fear for Bravely Second a bit. Aside from the petting I was planning to pick it up regardless in the future but now with no dual audio I guess it is time to import it.
Feb 4, 2016 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
They upped Elise to the age of 18

Feb 4, 2016 8:18 PM

Jun 2011
Lol. They should change their name to 8-4Kids.

I hope no one is planning on buying this travesty.
Feb 4, 2016 8:46 PM
Jan 2016
Narmy said:
Lol. They should change their name to 8-4Kids.

I hope no one is planning on buying this travesty.

Y-Yeah! Totally -ahem-

-hides my special edition pre order-

My feelings on this subject are basically that I don't "technically" mind the changes thus far(now if they keep removing stuff then I'm going to be greatly annoyed). But, do I care how other people feel in regards to this? Of course, I think its a bummer that big fans are disappointed by having things removed that probably could of just stayed. My main issue with Nintendo of America at the moment is that they are making changes for things that don't have to be changed to begin with. Yet, at the same time, they've had moments where I agreed with their choices.

A good example of their censorship done right was how they handled those awkward costumes in Xenoblade Chronicles X for one of the characters.

An example of them being absolutely silly with their changes was their need to replace an indian costume in Bravely Default 2 with a cowboy costume. ...Who in the world is going to complain that much over that?

NOA needs to sit down and really think to themselves what their middle ground should be because a lot of the time they just look like silly parents who are being way too over protective.
SummerMamboFeb 4, 2016 8:57 PM
Feb 4, 2016 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
Why not just not release a game by this point.

If you have to cut out so much to release whats the point, peole don't want a patchwork cut down version.
Feb 5, 2016 2:05 AM

Apr 2012
Manjuu said:
Immahnoob said:
A bit curious about all the hacking stuff, is it still impossible to put CFW on OFW 10.4 without a hardmod?
No, it's not possible for now.
TR-8RCaim said:

"THE ADULT THAT YOU TECHNICALLY ARE"

I can't... I just can't...

Autocrat said:
Feb 5, 2016 2:25 AM

Apr 2012
Spooks said:

If you have to cut out so much to release whats the point, peole don't want a patchwork cut down version.
It seems some people do, they all rationalize their decisions to buy this game even if they're against censorship all the time.

Autocrat said:
Feb 5, 2016 5:27 AM

Jul 2012
TR-8RCaim said:
They're trying way too hard here. Why not just say "When do you intend to behave like an adult"?
Immahnoob said:
It seems IGN is being IGNorant.

Quote of the day: "Nintendo is selling a product, not art."

The Sistine Chapel is no longer art.

Second quote of the day: "If you want your homophobic content, learn Japanese and get the Japanese game."

AKA LEARN a language, HACK your 3DS or BUY a new one and then you'll have the right to the content everyone else has besides your region

How does one perform these kinds of mental gymnastics?
TrishaCatFeb 5, 2016 5:32 AM
Feb 5, 2016 5:43 AM

Jan 2013
Even Polygon is bummed over the loss of the skinship feature, and they're the publication who caters to a demographic that usually disapproves of this kind of content. It's outright strange how IGN of all things is jumping hoops to defend this.
Feb 5, 2016 6:00 AM

Jan 2013
Shit like this is why I'm buying shovel knight/freedom planet on steam instead, I do not approve of censorship/self-censorship/altered content/etc even if the content disgusts me. I can get a good "ew, lol, that shit is nasty lol" laugh from stuff I don't want to see.

As for hacking I got that ironhax thing, is that enough?
sonictoryuiaiFeb 5, 2016 6:07 AM
Feb 5, 2016 7:35 AM

Aug 2014
TR-8RCaim said:

Who talks like that? Why not just say, "You're not a child anymore" or "When do you plan to act like an adult?"
Feb 5, 2016 7:36 AM

Apr 2012
Battlechili said:
They're trying way too hard here. Why not just say "When do you intend to behave like an adult"?
Well "you're technically an adult" would mean "You're of age", your way of saying it can still imply she's not an adult, but she should behave like one.
How does one perform these kinds of mental gymnastics?
Well, their like/dislike ratio shows that no one is buying it.

And they just show they're mostly SJWs, they'll lose people if we rile up some GGers.
sonictoryuiai said:
Shit like this is why I'm buying shovel knight/freedom planet on steam instead, I do not approve of censorship/self-censorship/altered content/etc even if the content disgusts me. I can get a good "ew, lol, that shit is nasty lol" laugh from stuff I don't want to see.

As for hacking I got that ironhax thing, is that enough?
If you don't want to buy the game, no, Ironhax is not enough. And I'd recommend browserhax for the purpose of hacking your 3DS.
AllenNoah said:
TR-8RCaim said:

Who talks like that? Why not just say, "You're not a child anymore" or "When do you plan to act like an adult?"
"You're not a child anymore" works best, but Treehouse is retarded.

Autocrat said:
Feb 5, 2016 10:17 AM

Aug 2008
Spooks said:

They barely "cut" anything out. It's just a very vocal group of people blowing it out of proportion.
Feb 5, 2016 11:17 AM

Aug 2014
Immahnoob said:

AllenNoah said:

Worst part is the people who'd have issues with Elise won't care/buy it (the line, not the game). They'll either dismissively roll their eyes or snark even harder, as can be seen on GameFAQs.
Feb 5, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2012
destructo22 said:
Spooks said:

They barely "cut" anything out. It's just a very vocal group of people blowing it out of proportion.
AKA "I haven't seen all the evidence of the contrary, but I'll say stupid shit anyway, because I have a keyboard and an Internet connection."

AllenNoah said:
Immahnoob said:

Worst part is the people who'd have issues with Elise won't care/buy it (the line, not the game). They'll either dismissively roll their eyes or snark even harder, as can be seen on GameFAQs.
Good ol' jolly fan translation. I'll seduce all the lolis, then get to actually finishing the story.

Autocrat said:
Feb 5, 2016 11:29 AM

Aug 2008
Immahnoob said:
destructo22 said:
AKA "I haven't seen all the evidence of the contrary, but I'll say stupid shit anyway, because I have a keyboard and an Internet connection."
Pretty much a good portion of this thread to be honest lol.
Feb 5, 2016 11:46 AM

Feb 2016
Whats the big deal? You play RPGs for the story and characters anyway. Changes to cosmetics and removing a pointless minigame isn't something to throw a fit about.
FilthyFatsoFeb 5, 2016 11:52 AM
Feb 5, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
FilthyFatso said:
Whats the big deal? You play RPGs for the story and characters anyway.

Fire Emblem for story? Fuck no. Touching them is building character.
Sieg Zeon!
Feb 5, 2016 11:56 AM

Feb 2016
Don't get upset guys. You can still dry hump your anime pillows at night.
Feb 5, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2014
FilthyFatso said:
Changes to cosmetics and removing a pointless minigame isn't something to throw a fit about.

Removing a bonding minigame from a waifu simulator is a big deal. At least know what game you're talking about before spewing censorship apologetic shit.
Sieg Zeon!
Feb 5, 2016 12:18 PM

Feb 2016
QuattroVaginas said:
FilthyFatso said:
Changes to cosmetics and removing a pointless minigame isn't something to throw a fit about.

Removing a bonding minigame from a waifu simulator is a big deal. At least know what game you're talking about before spewing censorship apologetic shit.

Did you even look and see how developed the minigame was? It's entirely pointless. Maybe you can pet the game box and get a rise that way instead.
Feb 5, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2011
All these pro-censorship posters being okay with this because they don't care. Must be fun being a Nintencuck.

You don't have to care about the content being censored to be pissed off at NoA and Treehouse for shoving their PC horseshit our way. They are telling us how and what we should play. Fuck that, just give me an English version of the game (dub not required) and leave everything else as it is. I don't want to have to pirate this game because I wanted to support the developers, but NoA is basically pushing me to pirate. Why would I pay full price for a waterdown version of the same product?

If you are okay with this now, just wait because they are only going to push for more control over localizations in the future.
FullmetalRaikouFeb 5, 2016 3:18 PM
Feb 5, 2016 12:26 PM

Feb 2016
I never once said I liked censorship. But going crazy about this? Threatening to not buy the game because of it? It sucks that it was removed but it's hardly worth getting upset over. Stop being so sensitive you nancy boys.
Feb 5, 2016 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
FilthyFatso said:
I never once said I liked censorship. But going crazy about this? Threatening to not buy the game because of it? It sucks that it was removed but it's hardly worth getting upset over. Stop being so sensitive you nancy boys.

You got to think with your wallet, Nintendo are being corporate tyrants by releasing such a watered down game so they don't deserve your business, if they can't bring a product that is at least 98% of how the artist made it, then it's not worth buying, this is not the late 80's and early 90's, it's inexcusable.

Feb 5, 2016 12:53 PM

Aug 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
All these pro-censorship poster being okay with this because they don't care. Must be fun being a Nintencuck.

You don't have to care about the content being censored to be pissed off at NoA and Treehouse for shoving their PC horseshit our way. They are telling us how and what we should play. Fuck that, just give me an English version of the game (dub not required) and leave everything else as it is. I don't want to have to pirate this game because I wanted to support the developers, but NoA is basically pushing me to pirate. Why would I pay full price for a waterdown version of the same product?

If you are okay with this now, just wait because they are only going to push for more control over localizations in the future.

I think it's part of that "Anti-Otaku witchhunt" mentioned earlier. Had the minigame been a simple card game or the game Robin played with Virion, I doubt the removal would be as accepted, or at least the supporters wouldn't be as insulting.
Feb 5, 2016 12:55 PM

Feb 2016
Hoppy said:
FilthyFatso said:

You got to think with your wallet, Nintendo are being corporate tyrants by releasing such a watered down game so they don't deserve your business, if they can't bring a product that is at least 98% of how the artist made it, then it's not worth buying, this is not the late 80's and early 90's, it's inexcusable.

Pirating is stealing and doesn't help games get localized.
Feb 5, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
destructo22 said:
Immahnoob said:
You do know I'm talking about you, right?
FilthyFatso said:
The law doesn't always make sense after all. Since what we're doing is copying, not stealing.

Oh and, yadda yadda, pervasive slippery slopes are dangerous, yadda yadda, I already made these arguments so many times, you guys have none, yadda yadda.

Done.

Autocrat said:
Feb 5, 2016 1:21 PM

Feb 2016
Immahnoob said:
destructo22 said:
FilthyFatso said:
The law doesn't always make sense after all. Since what we're doing is copying, not stealing.

Oh and, yadda yadda, pervasive slippery slopes are dangerous, yadda yadda, I already made these arguments so many times, you guys have none, yadda yadda.

Done.

Unless you bought the game, it is stealing.
Feb 5, 2016 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
No, it's not, we call it "copying" in the real world.

Autocrat said:
Feb 5, 2016 1:36 PM

Feb 2016
That doesn't make any sense.
Feb 5, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2014
FilthyFatso said:
Immahnoob said:

Done.

Unless you bought the game, it is stealing.

Stealing implies that that copy no longer belongs to the owner. As in, if I went to GameStop and took a copy, that copy would no longer be available for GS to sell. This is more like counterfeiting, since the copy you get in created on the spot for you rather than taken from someone/somewhere. You're not stealing money when you counterfeit, correct?
Feb 5, 2016 1:51 PM

Feb 2016
I'm not even going to bother debating about piracy, stealing, copying, picking tulips, cuddling with teddybears, or whatever else you want to call it.

But if you think it's okay, i'm not going to beat a dead horse.
FilthyFatsoFeb 5, 2016 2:21 PM
Feb 5, 2016 3:05 PM

Aug 2014
FilthyFatso said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Did you even look and see how developed the minigame was? It's entirely pointless. Maybe you can pet the game box and get a rise that way instead.

I can get a rise however I want, what does this have to do with the removal of face rubbing? You keep repeating that like it means fuck all. The removal of the interaction means removal of much of the dialogue. How else would I know my adult imouto doesn't like to be rubbed a certain way? Your stance seems to be censorship is not OK, but people shouldn't be upset since you don't give a shit about this particular feature? Ridiculous.
Sieg Zeon!
Feb 5, 2016 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
FilthyFatso said:
I'm not even going to bother debating about piracy, stealing, copying, picking tulips, cuddling with teddybears, or whatever else you want to call it.

But if you think it's okay, i'm not going to beat a dead horse.
Of course it's ok. It's just illegal, nothing else.

Autocrat said:
Pages (27) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

14 by JaniSIr »»
22 minutes ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3720 by Inuki »»
4 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3513 by Tamamolicki »»
9 hours ago

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

50 by Strahan »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.