Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2016 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
a Rebecca focus episode again, and this time she confess her love for Lupin but got rejected, Lupin like Fujiko more obviously, and next episode will go back to the Da Vinci plot line finally!
Mar 10, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
Japanese Episode 23

Well the episode numbers/threads are getting even more out of order since we skipped another, but okay. Part 1 of the Da Vinci grand finale. I just knew Rebecca was gonna be the one who failed, poor girl. :( I do like how Lupin's last heist in Italy involves stealing Rebecca herself, it feels like we've come full circle and seems rather poetic really.

Okay Lupin, steal back Rebecca and send that Da Vinci bastard packing! :D
Mar 10, 2016 3:10 PM

Nov 2011
Da Vinci is a peculiar character, not entirely what I had imagined.

Pretty thrilling episode. I found the contest between him and Fujiko to be quite entertaining. Oh poor Rebecca, she got involved in something that I think she regrets. This happens to be part 1 of the arc so perhaps it's also the final arc since we only have like 2-3 episodes left.
Mar 10, 2016 9:08 PM

Mar 2014
is da Vinci a product of Mamo? They're very similar. Mamo cloned historical figures, knocked out the whole gang, and wanted to purify the world in his image.
Updated my journal
Mar 10, 2016 9:28 PM

Jan 2009
i just watched the japanese broadcast too, so Da Vinci is using that dream technology to select worthy people for his new world and those that will fail his test will be brainwashed and will have new personality, Rebecca fails so now Lupin is trying to save her personality and memories from completely fading

looks like the next episode will be the finale too
May 17, 2016 3:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A quick summary of 24 episodes would be "another series of plenty". For fans of Lupin III will seem a small brushstroke in the big picture of the protagonist, but in general terms, is an ordinary series, his only point, it is the "Italian" artistic drawing. Disappointment.

--
Un resumen rápido de los 24 episodios sería "otra serie del montón". Para los fans de Lupin III les parecerá una pequeña pincelada en el gran cuadro de su protagonista, pero a rasgos generales, es una serie ordinaria, que su único punto, es el dibujo artístico "italiano". Decepción.
Mar 25, 2019 6:40 AM

Oct 2012
I feel bad for Da Vinci
But in this he's kinda asshole, taking other people's bodies are not a good thing :P

What a cliche ending
I like it
Ari AriArrivederci!
"Signature removed"
Aug 31, 2019 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
I see. It isn't that Da Vinci just wanted to erase people. He was running out of time, and was desperate to remain in this world, which came to fascinate him. It's a pity and a waste, but it was still wrong, and so Lupin stopped him by saving Rebecca, and the rest of the people who "failed." But he also reassured him that he wouldn't simply disappear, that proof he lived would remain with him. Beautiful and poignant. He was brought back only to die like this. And then Lupin was blamed for the "mass coma", and couldn't remain in Italy. He left it behind, journeying on with his irreplaceable team after saying goodbye to Rebecca, Mrs. Lupin.

I only watched Part IV after having watched the first three of course, but it's thanks to Part IV that I know Lupin, so this one will always have a special place in my heart. Back when I first watched this episode, and saw that last scene in that train station, it really moved me. I had learned to love these characters so much, and I had no way of knowing if there would ever be more, it really felt like a goodbye. But we now have Part V, and movies and specials are still coming out. The original creator passed away this year, and that's why I started rewatching it all, but even if takes a while, I will always be ready for more Lupin.
Jan 11, 2022 5:02 AM

Feb 2012
A worthy conclusion. I was pretty happy with the series overall, though it didn't quite reach the originality of humour and the sophistication of allusions that were present in part II. The format was also good, having both individual episodes and a season arc.

I don't know if we'll see Rebecca again, but it would be nice, even if she appeared every now and then. As a character she was a lot like Fujiko with the exception that she genuinely cared for Lupin. That similarity was also why I don't think she could be a permanent addition to the gang.

As with the other series (except part III which was horrible), the quality was consistently good, but there weren't episodes that would have made me think it's brilliant. Right now the episode that I remember to have been amusing was the one with Jigen in the hospital. There's something about the dynamic of the main gang that just works really well, but often the stories don't use the characters effectively, or there's too much parody and rehashed plots either from earlier series or popular movies. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the later series. I've learned not to expect amazing screen-shattering plots, but Lupin's adventures are almost always entertaining.
Aug 25, 2022 7:20 AM
Sep 2007
So, this is the final episode... I thought it would take little longer.

The surreal idea of changing environment by painting was interesting. Well, they were in the dream after all.

Sadly, being clone catches up to Leonardo.

Overall, it was a good series, probably one of the best incantation of Lupin III ("Woman called Fujiko Mine" was sometimes too dark and serious, while the Pink Jacked was too wacky (from what I heard, never seen it). "Italian Adventure" was just right.). Having main plot was a good change after mostly episodic Red Jacket (late 70's - early 80's) and had much less filler episodes.
Jul 3, 2023 8:37 PM
Jul 2023
yes, ok, masterpiece

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 12 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Oct 3, 2015

14 by Lessa_AG5 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 10 Discussion

TrueHaremKing - Sep 13, 2015

20 by illkyum »»
Dec 16, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 7 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Sep 7, 2015

15 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 20, 2022 2:31 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arashi89 - Aug 30, 2015

77 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 15, 2022 12:10 AM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 4 Discussion

TrueHaremKing - Aug 30, 2015

37 by St0rmblade »»
Oct 27, 2022 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.