Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2016 3:27 PM
Nov 2015
I would like the Purple Hair chick to be voice by (Whitney Rodgers) It's the chick who voiced for Yozora on Haganai, she seems to have the voice I picture her to do it. Her voice needs more roles. (Messed up with some grammar, too lazy to check anymore)
PersonaTexasJan 15, 2016 6:48 PM
Jan 13, 2016 7:03 PM

Apr 2013
Dubs are inferior, it will be bearable as long as they use decent voice actors who know what they're doing and don't put on an annoying voice.
Jan 13, 2016 9:56 PM
May 2015
Why watch dub when you have sub?
Jan 13, 2016 10:38 PM
Nov 2015
ekla said:

Because it's a Choice. A Personal Preference. As a side note to any future people reading this: After watching Episode 1, I made it a personal mission to watch all the episodes, which will make it the 2nd Anime that I have watched (All The way Through) while SUBBED ONLY. So this is a big deal for me, plus, I have this problem where when I watch a Sub, I can't help but imagine who to cast so that I can hear it in English. I just want it Translated to English, this isn't a contest, the Dub can suck for all I care, I just want it in English with the very least effort if possible. (Thankfully Funimation licensed it, so it has a greater chance of getting a Dub in the near future VS some other companies that are in Non-Texas Anime Areas) And just so you know (Future People) The Japanese are also involved in the Dubbing Process, they are in full control on how you say things, the way you say them, who to cast recommendations, the works, so if you hate a Dub, just know that a Japanese person approved of it otherwise, there would be no Dub. (It's a businesses, if Dubs didn't work, they wouldn't waste money on them. Don't you think that statement makes since? If DUBS didn't work, why do they still exist?....Exactly.)
PersonaTexasJan 17, 2016 2:57 PM
Jan 13, 2016 10:41 PM

Dec 2015
I still do not understand the hype of this show. The plot seems so bleh......

Atleast OPM hype last season made sense...........

Jan 13, 2016 10:44 PM
Nov 2015
I can tell you that it's not about the plot that has people's attention, it's the chick with Purple Hair, the way she looks, and with Red Finger Nails, it's the way her eyes are, those mutiple circles in her eyes, the chick looks like a girl in heat, and a devil-ish personality of desire.
Jan 13, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 2015
PersonaTexas said:
I can tell you that it's not about the plot that has people's attention, it's the chick with Purple Hair, the way she looks, and with Red Finger Nails, it's the way her eyes are, those mutiple circles in her eyes, the chick looks like a girl in heat, and a devil-ish personality of desire.

Your absolutely right! She wins my vote for sure XD
Jan 14, 2016 2:36 AM
May 2015
PersonaTexas said:
ekla said:

Because it's a Choice. A Personal Preference. As a side note to any future people reading this: After watching Episode 1, I made it a personal mission to watch all the episodes, which will make it the 2nd Anime that I have watched while SUBBED ONLY. So this is a big deal for me, plus, I have this problem where when I watch a Sub, I can't help but imagine who to cast so that I can hear it in English. I just want it Translated to English, this isn't a contest, the Dub can suck for all I care, I just want it in English with the very least effort if possible. (Thankfully Funimation licensed it, so it has a greater chance of getting a Dub in the near future VS some other companies that are in Non-Texas Anime Areas) And just so you know (Future People) The Japanese are also involved in the Dubbing Process, they are in full control on how you say things, the way you say them, who to cast recommendations, the works, so if you hate a Dub, just know that a Japanese person approved of it otherwise, there would be no Dub. (It's a businesses, if Dubs didn't work, they wouldn't waste money on them. Don't you think that statement makes since? If DUBS didn't work, why do they still exist?....Exactly.)
I guess you are from america from your name. No wonder you will prefer dub version. Coz its your mother tongue. But anime is made up of Japan and it reflects Japanese culture, specially this one. North american dub make every anime westernalize, there is no essence of Eastern culture. I've seen few episodes of cardcaptor sakura in eng dub and it was horrible, the dub made the anime a failure. Western culture doesn't attrack me and I am fine watching anime based on Japanese culture. And you are watching 2nd anime in sub??!!! Unbelievable, I can't even think watching anime in dub. Dubs are only made to attrack new people to anime and few people like you. Yes you have the preference to chose which version you like to watch, like my preference is to watch anime with Bengali dub, but I know it is not possible and there will be reduced Japanese essence.
Jan 14, 2016 8:44 AM

Nov 2015
Do you by chance mean Haganai?, not Hagani?
Ecchi till I die all these Lolis call me senpai
Rubbing on her thighs, she stay wet for her senpai
Shawty so kawaii, and would die for her senpai
Ride, and watch hentai, all the time with senpai
Jan 14, 2016 8:49 AM
Jan 2013
Dubs for a show that humor and plot relies entirely on cheap japanese candy and the nostalgia it brings

huehuehuehuehueheuhe
gone bai bai
Jan 14, 2016 9:16 AM

Mar 2012
Ferocious_Oni said:
Fuck no it didn't. I know how much anime fans in the west like 'cool fight scenes' above all else but OPM's popularity was just ridiculous. I mean can get why people would enjoy the show from like a 7/10 seasonal distraction standpoint, but the reaction was a lot more positive than that.

It's not even just a simple difference in opinion, I straight up don't get what caused OPM to become so popular no matter how much I try to analyse it.

Mkim said:
Dubs for a show that humor and plot relies entirely on cheap japanese candy and the nostalgia it brings

huehuehuehuehueheuhe
Going by your logic this show should have never been translated in the first place because no one who speaks English would 'get' the series.
Jan 14, 2016 9:28 AM
Jan 2013
SeibaaHomu said:
Mkim said:

huehuehuehuehueheuhe
Going by your logic this show should have never been translated in the first place because no one who speaks English would 'get' the series.
Going by my logic the series relies heavily on japanese culture therefore it's not dub material followed by generic br laughter
gone bai bai
Jan 15, 2016 11:25 AM
Jul 2014
Holy shit what the hell are dub haters doing in this discussion this topic clearly has nothing to do with you
Jan 15, 2016 12:02 PM

Aug 2013
ekla said:
PersonaTexas said:

Because it's a Choice. A Personal Preference. As a side note to any future people reading this: After watching Episode 1, I made it a personal mission to watch all the episodes, which will make it the 2nd Anime that I have watched while SUBBED ONLY. So this is a big deal for me, plus, I have this problem where when I watch a Sub, I can't help but imagine who to cast so that I can hear it in English. I just want it Translated to English, this isn't a contest, the Dub can suck for all I care, I just want it in English with the very least effort if possible. (Thankfully Funimation licensed it, so it has a greater chance of getting a Dub in the near future VS some other companies that are in Non-Texas Anime Areas) And just so you know (Future People) The Japanese are also involved in the Dubbing Process, they are in full control on how you say things, the way you say them, who to cast recommendations, the works, so if you hate a Dub, just know that a Japanese person approved of it otherwise, there would be no Dub. (It's a businesses, if Dubs didn't work, they wouldn't waste money on them. Don't you think that statement makes since? If DUBS didn't work, why do they still exist?....Exactly.)
I guess you are from america from your name. No wonder you will prefer dub version. Coz its your mother tongue. But anime is made up of Japan and it reflects Japanese culture, specially this one. North american dub make every anime westernalize, there is no essence of Eastern culture. I've seen few episodes of cardcaptor sakura in eng dub and it was horrible, the dub made the anime a failure. Western culture doesn't attrack me and I am fine watching anime based on Japanese culture. And you are watching 2nd anime in sub??!!! Unbelievable, I can't even think watching anime in dub. Dubs are only made to attrack new people to anime and few people like you. Yes you have the preference to chose which version you like to watch, like my preference is to watch anime with Bengali dub, but I know it is not possible and there will be reduced Japanese essence.

A M E N.
Really, I think only American people are (that much) obsessed in dubs and can't hear that it sounds HORRIBLE. Dubs sucks, ALWAYS, not only in anime. So if I'm watching 'Murican movie, I always watch it with original voice cast (unbelievable for you Muricans, ya?) . Dubs are ALWAYS destroying everything. Especially in anime (because of superior Japanese voice actors, which can express any feeling and emotion in perfect way, always). Not mentioning about cancer translations for dubs.

Ps dubs are made especially for kids which can't read that fast and can't understand things. This is a reason for cancer liberal (and memes) translations, which are addressed for kids or dumb watchers which can't understand something more complex (from other culture)
SeibaaHomu said:
Ferocious_Oni said:
Fuck no it didn't. I know how much anime fans in the west like 'cool fight scenes' above all else but OPM's popularity was just ridiculous. I mean can get why people would enjoy the show from like a 7/10 seasonal distraction standpoint, but the reaction was a lot more positive than that.

And A M E N [2].
I Really don't get hype of OPM. 5/10. I don't know how can anybody even compare it to Dagashi Kashi. If you (who hyping that much OPM) want superheroes with infinite power, go watch western cartoons instead of gems like DK.
rsc-plJan 15, 2016 12:32 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 15, 2016 12:34 PM

Dec 2015
Ciphra-XIII said:
Holy shit what the hell are dub haters doing in this discussion this topic clearly has nothing to do with you

It's so annoying the title clearly has DUB in it.

SeibaaHomu said:
Ferocious_Oni said:

Oh, shut up with that generalization. OPM is popular in many eastern countries. OPM got popular because so many anime fans are power level whores. Just look at youtube. Every other video is OPM vs Goku vs Superman. A lot of the people like the idea of Saitama snatching the crown from goku as the strongest MC (which I argue that he never had)

Dagashi Kashii is just a wanker comedy with nothing groundbreaking.

Jan 15, 2016 3:05 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
eeehhhhh.
Dagashi really doesn't sound like something that should have a dub.
At all.
Jan 15, 2016 6:45 PM

Jul 2014
The jokes won't translate well in dubs, I vote No.
Jan 15, 2016 6:56 PM

Apr 2015
King_Oriax said:
Dubs are inferior, it will be bearable as long as they use decent voice actors who know what they're doing and don't put on an annoying voice.

Do you speak and write Japanese by chance?
Jan 15, 2016 7:02 PM
Oct 2012
ekla said:
I've seen few episodes of cardcaptor sakura in eng dub and it was horrible, the dub made the anime a failure. Western culture doesn't attrack me and I am fine watching anime based on Japanese culture.

Speaking as both an American and one who can read Japanese, the problem with dubs (particularly for a show from 10-20 years ago) wasn't the lack of appreciation of Japanese culture, but that the voice actors were not paid much, and not being professional they sucked as actors. You get what you pay for. Which explains why when Disney put some money into dubbing the Ghibli films, the results were generally very good.

That said I prefer listening to the Japanese, the VAs are usually far more experienced because Japan puts out more animated features, so the sounds work better. Also, it annoys me when the words don't match the mouthing, which is not the fault of the translations, but is still something that bothers me.

That said, I don't think there is an American actress who can do Hotaru anywhere near as well as Ayana Takatatsu. She is a world class talent, she has that breathless obsessive enthusiasm that made Kirino so attractive, and would be difficult to equate the Hotaru/Kirino type to anyone outside of Japan. The Japanese do obsessive enthusiasm so much better than everyone, its actually ingrained in their culture (as Maid, Cat, and Owl cafes show).
Jan 16, 2016 7:42 AM

May 2009
Who fucking cares it will be awful anyway. It's anime about cheap candies. Which means they will be spelling their names with terrible american accents. I would rather stab my ears with pencils (Index' nuns style) than watch it.
Jan 16, 2016 10:04 AM
May 2015
FUNimation is dubbing this show and their modern dubs are fucking great..I'm watching Noragami Aragoto and Heavy Object on Dub right now and the voices are great. So I have complete faith in FUNimation that the cast for this show will be great as well. I'm putting this show on hold until the dub comes out.

Based on the comments here..I'm going to assume that all Dub haters are not Westerners and they came from somewhere else. I mean, isn't that the point of English Dubs? English Dubs primarily target the Western Audience such as myself.
jc9622Jan 16, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 16, 2016 10:14 AM

May 2013
I have the answer to this: don't dub it at all.
Jan 16, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
Just the fansubs with all the JP culture referencing are having trouble getting the jokes across.

A dub? Well fuck me if they don't stretch the dialogue ten-fold explaining all the shit. Hell, I should consider first how they're gonna pronounce the names. (U-may-bow, O-My-Bow)
(Kou-Kou-Nau-Tsu)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2016 11:17 AM

Aug 2008
rsc-pl said:

A M E N.
Really, I think only American people are (that much) obsessed in dubs and can't hear that it sounds HORRIBLE. Dubs sucks, ALWAYS, not only in anime. So if I'm watching 'Murican movie, I always watch it with original voice cast (unbelievable for you Muricans, ya?) . Dubs are ALWAYS destroying everything. Especially in anime (because of superior Japanese voice actors, which can express any feeling and emotion in perfect way, always). Not mentioning about cancer translations for dubs.

Ps dubs are made especially for kids which can't read that fast and can't understand things. This is a reason for cancer liberal (and memes) translations, which are addressed for kids or dumb watchers which can't understand something more complex (from other culture)
And A M E N [2].
I Really don't get hype of OPM. 5/10. I don't know how can anybody even compare it to Dagashi Kashi. If you (who hyping that much OPM) want superheroes with infinite power, go watch western cartoons instead of gems like DK.
This is the most ignorant thing I've seen today. Wow, congrats.
destructo22Jan 16, 2016 11:23 AM
Jan 16, 2016 12:58 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Funimation licensed it, so it will be dubbed regardless if it'll be easy to translate jokes or not. Not really sure why people hate on dubs anymore, it's very rare that a bad English dub is ever released.

I can see Monica Rial as Hotaru. She's really good at erratic and crazy characters, I think.

Coconuts has a lot of options, I can see Todd Haberkorn doing a great job, but also Josh Grelle, Micah Solusod, or even Austin Tindle. If I had to choose I'd go with Tindle, he's been on fire lately.

Saya is kind of tricky. Perhaps a cuter voice like Cherami Leigh? Or perhaps Alexis Tipton? Actually, I think Brina Palencia would be perfect. She's got the perfect mixture of cute and tomboy with her voice.

Coconut's dad should be Ian Sinclair.

destructo22 said:
rsc-pl said:

A M E N.

And A M E N [2].
This is the most ignorant thing I've seen today. Wow, congrats.

What do you expect? Look at the guy's signature. He's classless.
Jan 16, 2016 4:28 PM
Nov 2014
I also see Whitney Rodgers or Brina Palencia as Hotaru

For Coconuts maybe Aaron Dismuke or Josh Grelle

Saya probably Brittney Karbowski or Cherami Leigh
Jan 17, 2016 12:54 PM

Nov 2015
If you can't speak Japanese to at least JLPT N3, you aren't watching the show in Japanese, you're reading the show in English. Don't talk about the superiority of subs, when subs themselves aren't the "real deal".

If you care so much about authenticity, learn Japanese and watch the anime raw. Until then, being a sub elitist makes you look like a pretentious little shit.
Ecchi till I die all these Lolis call me senpai
Rubbing on her thighs, she stay wet for her senpai
Shawty so kawaii, and would die for her senpai
Ride, and watch hentai, all the time with senpai

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who's the best girl of Dagashi Kashi? ( 1 2 )

-Senpai- - Feb 21, 2016

50 by MeguSae38 »»
Aug 22, 12:14 AM

» A third season

HLegend - Apr 19, 2022

7 by Nishin123 »»
Aug 21, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

173 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

99 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

106 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.