Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2016 8:35 AM

Nov 2008
"» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"

Could someone recommend me something historical or set somewhere else than Japan?

Also, for the "» Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike", can I get a good mecha anime recommendation? Something with different aspects to spice the mecha-ness (?) and make it more enjoyable/watchable for me maybe?

Thanks!
Jan 9, 2016 8:38 AM

Aug 2008
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Can someone recommend me a show to watch im open to pretty much any genre.
I would prefer something that isnt longer then 26 episodes.

Feel free to look at my list to see what i have watched already.
Jan 9, 2016 8:39 AM

Jan 2013
keimaconquesta said:
What does "cours" mean? It's in the first line in the "Adaptations" part.

It's been answered around 10 times already, a quick google search or a browse through the pages would've sufficed.
Jan 9, 2016 9:26 AM

May 2012
jstn18 said:
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Try Kuragehime, it's very nice and funny ;)
Jan 9, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2015

If someone could recommend me a good Psychological anime it would be great. Also something that isn't too long.

Jan 9, 2016 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
ClavisM said:

If someone could recommend me a good Psychological anime it would be great. Also something that isn't too long.

Pick Texhnolyze from your PTW.
You can also pick Ergo Proxy.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 9, 2016 9:58 AM

Sep 2014
Halfsleeper said:
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant.

Can someone recommend me an anime please?

Something that's not on my list and not too long. Also preferably nothing that's ecchi or harem since those are my least favourite genres.

Yupyup, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

RintoKu said:
"» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"

Could someone recommend me something historical or set somewhere else than Japan?

Also, for the "» Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike", can I get a good mecha anime recommendation? Something with different aspects to spice the mecha-ness (?) and make it more enjoyable/watchable for me maybe?

Thanks!

1. Black Lagoon (action, outside of japan) or Spice & Wolf (historical, romance, outside of japan). oth are on your ptw.

2. For the Mecha, as someone who doesn't like mecha either, try Zegapain. The mecha fights are plain boring but for the longest time the main part of the show is the sci-fi setting rather than the mecha fights. I thought it was pretty good and enjoyable despite it's obvious flaws.
If that doesn't work for you, watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's an excellent show and somehow tagged as mecha despite not being one in the sense of "giant, piloted robots fighting each other". It's heavy sci-fi and the "mecha" part is some AI robots and cyborgs I guess.
MirageeJan 9, 2016 10:01 AM
Jan 9, 2016 10:04 AM

Aug 2008
wiedzminek said:
jstn18 said:

Try Kuragehime, it's very nice and funny ;)

Ok thank you i will try it out i heard it was good
Jan 9, 2016 10:05 AM

Oct 2014
Hannf said:
Miragee said:

Try Kaiba for the "serious" rec.

The synopsis sounds interesting. I'll try that, thanks!

zombie_pegasus said:
Bartender is a good serious anime and Himouto Umaru Chan is a good comedy.

Story in Which I Was Kidnapped by a Young Lady's School to be a "Sample of the Common People" is a pretty good harem. If you use it please refer to it by its full English name. Grisaia is a good psychological harem, although you shouldn't judge it by the first season.

Wow, that's one impressive name for an anime! I think, I remember reading its synopsis when it started airing. I'll try that and the Grisaia one for another category of the challenge. And yes, of course I will refer to the Story in Which I Was Kidnapped by a Young Lady's School to be a "Sample of the Common People" by its full English name. It would be a shame not to.

I remember watching some episodes of Bartender few years back, liked it but never finished it for some reason. Looks like I never updated it on my list either, weird. Himouto Umaru-chan also looks like fun. Maybe I could fit that somewhere else. Does it focus on non-romantic relationships perhaps? I haven't filled that one yet.
Yes, Himouto does focus on non-romantic relationships (quite a few different types of them, in fact).
Jan 9, 2016 11:03 AM

Aug 2014
I need help with
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980
I'd prefer these to be as short as possible, knowing a lot of anime from around then was 50+ episodes.

i also need
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant (I typically am fine with any genre, except for Mecha, Military, or straight up hentai. Ecchi and harems are fine though.) Thanks!
Jan 9, 2016 11:15 AM

May 2012
katemonster123 said:
I need help with
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980
I'd prefer these to be as short as possible, knowing a lot of anime from around then was 50+ episodes.

i also need
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant (I typically am fine with any genre, except for Mecha, Military, or straight up hentai. Ecchi and harems are fine though.) Thanks!

1971 : http://myanimelist.net/anime/7171/Oni?q=oni

Recommendation : Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Tiger & Bunny and Gankutsuou
Jan 9, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2008
Halfsleeper said:
Maybe try Brigadoon. It mixes genres pretty well in my opinion.

It looks interesting. Maybe I'll break out of my hate for mechas, who knows. :] Thanks for the recommendation!

Miragee said:

1. Black Lagoon (action, outside of japan) or Spice & Wolf (historical, romance, outside of japan). oth are on your ptw.

2. For the Mecha, as someone who doesn't like mecha either, try Zegapain. The mecha fights are plain boring but for the longest time the main part of the show is the sci-fi setting rather than the mecha fights. I thought it was pretty good and enjoyable despite it's obvious flaws.
If that doesn't work for you, watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's an excellent show and somehow tagged as mecha despite not being one in the sense of "giant, piloted robots fighting each other". It's heavy sci-fi and the "mecha" part is some AI robots and cyborgs I guess.

It's been a while since I've looked at my PtW list, since it's grown a lot over the years ^^;. Thanks for reminding me though, 2016 will be the year I will clear out my Ptw!

And I think I'll go with Ghost in Shell. I've been planning to delve into this series for a while now, I guess that is a start. I can watch it for the Sci-fi part of the challange. Thanks!
RintoKuJan 9, 2016 12:33 PM
Jan 9, 2016 12:06 PM
Sep 2015
"Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"

Someone can recommend me any good movie but not well known
Jan 9, 2016 12:14 PM

May 2012
Roycewicz said:
"Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"

Memories
Arashi no Yoru ni
Hotarubi no Mori e
Cencoroll
Metropolis
Redline
Jan 9, 2016 12:14 PM
Feb 2012
ManzoHiroshi said:
MadeULook said:
I have mostly everything planned out but I just need some help with:

1. Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant.

2. Watch an anime with children as the main cast. I'm drawing a blank here.

@MadeULook an anime that has children as the main cast (along with an adult) is Barakamon. This aired Summer 2014

What genre would you like? I have watched a broad range of anime, though I'm not familiar/watch much horror

Sorry for such a late reply. Been busy the last couple days and I obviously don't frequent the forums here.

Anyway, I'm not picky about genre but I'm up for a little slice of life right now. Thanks for Barakamon. i'll add it to my list now. ;D
MadeULookJan 9, 2016 12:18 PM
Jan 9, 2016 12:15 PM

Aug 2014
Roycewicz said:

Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled from Paradise
Summer Wars
Any of the Pokemon movies (quick watch)

hope these can help
Jan 9, 2016 2:42 PM

Jan 2015
How old do the characters have to be to be considered children? Would Ghost Stories work for an anime that has children as the main cast?
Jan 9, 2016 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
TsunderePrince said:
How old do the characters have to be to be considered children? Would Ghost Stories work for an anime that has children as the main cast?

It should since most of the cast are Elementary School Students.
Jan 9, 2016 2:53 PM

Feb 2014
Can somebody give me a recommendation for: "Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know"?
Jan 9, 2016 2:55 PM

Nov 2014
someone recommend me something bubs please n thanks
Jan 9, 2016 3:02 PM

Mar 2011
First challenge in my life! ^-^ Happy to find this, and I would like to achieve it as my awaken of long,long sleeping! *-* So long I dont/cant watch Anime or read Manga. This is my return to otaku's world! *-*

Jan 9, 2016 3:24 PM

Feb 2014
MocarnyJogurt said:

If you don't know Gainax studio then watch Wonderful Days, it's a movie

thx, but i know gainax. maybe someone knows a new or not so popular studio, director, etc.
Jan 9, 2016 3:55 PM

Jun 2014
Are anime ineligible from use in the challenge if we technically started them last year?

For example I started Yuru Yuri at the end of December (the 27th to be specific), can it still count towards one of the challenges even though I watched 4 episodes of it before 2016, but haven't completed it yet?
Jan 9, 2016 3:58 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
Hey Shey, could you add some more explanations and definitions to your opening post to avoid further confusion?
I added a few last night to the first post.... seems some don't even check. I will paste your previous answer there...

If you guys think I need to add something more there, feel free to tell me. I'm open to suggestions.

-------------------------------
usuis said:
Can I please get a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" as well as "Watch an anime with a target demographic that does not apply to you"

I'm a 18 y/o female.

For reco Kingdom, Kimi to Boku, Hoozuki or Sket Dance....

For something that doesn't apply any shounen here http://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/27

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 9, 2016 4:21 PM

Sep 2014
Jerkhov said:
Are anime ineligible from use in the challenge if we technically started them last year?

For example I started Yuru Yuri at the end of December (the 27th to be specific), can it still count towards one of the challenges even though I watched 4 episodes of it before 2016, but haven't completed it yet?

No.

...........................................................................................characters
Jan 9, 2016 4:38 PM

Aug 2012
May I have a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"? c:
Jan 9, 2016 4:45 PM

Sep 2014
AnnTheTurtle said:
May I have a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"? c:

Try Chihayafuru, might be up your alley.
Jan 9, 2016 4:46 PM

Aug 2007
"Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant", a psychological anime would be greatly appreciated.
Jan 9, 2016 4:52 PM

May 2012
Nocturnal said:
"Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant", a psychological anime would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe you'd like The Animatrix ? Or Memories ?

Jan 9, 2016 4:57 PM

Oct 2012
Can someone recommend me an anime that is not long or a movie? Something that is not harem or ecchi.
Jan 9, 2016 5:10 PM

May 2012
Oudissy said:
Can someone recommend me an anime that is not long or a movie? Something that is not harem or ecchi.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6505/There_She_Is!!

Angel Densetsu.
Jan 9, 2016 5:38 PM

Apr 2015

Thanks for the recs guys, I kinda did a cop out and ended up watching the abomination that is Mars of destruction because it was short.

Jan 9, 2016 6:03 PM

Aug 2007
AngelShiva said:
Nocturnal said:

Maybe you'd like The Animatrix ? Or Memories ?

Memories has been on my watchlist for way, way too long. I'll go with it, thanks!
Jan 9, 2016 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
can someone recommend a series from this season that im not currently watching? list ain't really completed but I have been adding this seasons to my list..

or just something that is short (12 eps(comedy) or really a short)

thanks!
Jan 9, 2016 6:21 PM

May 2012
Notification said:
can someone recommend a series from this season that im not currently watching? list ain't really completed but I have been adding this seasons to my list..

or just something that is short (12 eps(comedy) or really a short)

thanks!

My favorite of this season so far : Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)

I really enjoyed first episode of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu too.
Jan 9, 2016 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
^ Thank you! will prob check out both then
Jan 9, 2016 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
Miragee said:
Jerkhov said:

No.

No to the first question or the second one?
Jan 9, 2016 6:34 PM

May 2012
Jerkhov said:
Miragee said:
No.

No to the first question or the second one?

No, you can't. You can also have your answer on the first post of this topic under the FAQ section :)
Jan 9, 2016 6:35 PM

Mar 2013
Both. If you started it before January 1 and didn't drop it at some point, it doesn't count.

No one has answered my question about God Eater yet.

Read the Faq.
AudioTsunamiJan 9, 2016 6:40 PM
Jan 9, 2016 8:25 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
AudioTsunami said:
Both. If you started it before January 1 and didn't drop it at some point, it doesn't count.
Read the Faq.

Even so... I did.
SheyCroix said:
AudioTsunami said:
I know there was some kind of weird stipulation with dropped stuff, where if you dropped it and then picked it back up it was okay, or something along those lines.
How does that work in the case of God Eater? It aired the first 9 episodes last year, then went on hiatus because they ran out of budget, and are back and running the last 4 episodes this year. Does that bring into the dropped anime rule? Or is God Eater just ineligible for anyone that was watching during it's airing period?

That one has the same rules as the rest. If you only have the last few episodes missing you can using it for the bonus challenge. If you start watching all the episodes this year then you can use it with any other item......

-----------------
Re posting for new page.

zombie_pegasus said:
Hey Shey, could you add some more explanations and definitions to your opening post to avoid further confusion?
I added a few last night to the first post.... seems some don't even check. I will paste your previous answer there...

If you guys think I need to add something more there, feel free to tell me. I'm open to suggestions.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 9, 2016 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
I need anime recommendations. If possible i'd like less than 2 cours.
YanzatJan 9, 2016 9:15 PM

Jan 9, 2016 9:05 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Hmmm... 50 items for hard,and bonus challenges. Now it's real challenge. Looking forward to completing it.
Jan 10, 2016 1:04 AM

Jan 2013
AudioTsunami said:
I would think that as long as it's one title in mal, it counts as one entry.
Jan 10, 2016 3:32 AM

May 2012
Yanzat said:
I need anime recommendations. If possible i'd like less than 2 cours.

Katanagatari maybe? You have it on your PTW list. It's great
Jan 10, 2016 4:08 AM
Jun 2015
I'm in need of a recommendation for the challenge aswell :P
Pretty open to a bunch of genres, although if you guys know of any hidden gems please let me know :3
Jan 10, 2016 5:49 AM

Oct 2008
Could someone please recommend me an anime? Preferably something that isn't ecchi or harem.

Jan 10, 2016 5:57 AM

Oct 2008
TheSlack said:
I'm in need of a recommendation for the challenge aswell :P
Pretty open to a bunch of genres, although if you guys know of any hidden gems please let me know :3
How about Parasyte (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu)? It's pretty similar to Tokyo Ghoul and Deadman Wonderland :)

Jan 10, 2016 6:19 AM
Jul 2015
Maron1 said:
Could someone please recommend me an anime? Preferably something that isn't ecchi or harem.

Donten ni Warau

Cfyicfjgxutdcftuddutdxuxdutxrutcharacters
Jan 10, 2016 7:34 AM

Jan 2015
Could someone please recommend me a short anime (15 minute episodes or less)?
Jan 10, 2016 7:49 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

39 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
50 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 7 hours ago

38 by MichaelJackson »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

12 by Absurdo_N »»
6 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

26 by _FRB_ »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 8 hours ago

15 by Tropisch »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.