Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2009 9:44 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Roppongi Saves Miracle Train!
tsubasaloverDec 27, 2009 11:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 27, 2009 2:43 PM

Oct 2009
Well it hasn't been my favourite series of this season, but I thought these past two episodes were pretty slick, and I loved how they fit in with that previous episode.

The ending was really sweet, as she walked past I was getting worried she'd lost her memories of everything, but then she stopped and smiled so yay. :)
Dec 28, 2009 4:17 PM

Aug 2007
I'm not sure why I loved this anime as much as I did, but I really couldn't get enough of it each week. There was something about it, that was endearing. As stereotypical as each of the guys started out being, they still were likable in little quirky ways.

This isn't the type of series I would fall for and enjoy so much, but I don't regret a minute.

I love this final episode... I loved the little looks between Fumi and Akari, that was perfect and made me smile. I loved that they showed us what happened to all the past customers too.

I would totally watch a second season if the director and staff stays the same XD
peacecraftDec 28, 2009 4:22 PM
Dec 28, 2009 4:37 PM

Feb 2009
This anime was definitely something out of what I normally watch, I loved it, and I loved all the characters. And while it didn't hold anything special, it's incredibly easy to get close to all of them. I wasn't particulary moved by the 'way' things ended, but the ending itself was pretty sweet seeing all of our protagonist girls. One of my favorite fall animes.

Dec 28, 2009 10:56 PM

Mar 2009
Aw it's over...
This was certainly the only series of this season that I looked forward to every week. It was a good one.
Dec 29, 2009 2:29 AM

Jul 2009
AAAWWWWW! I thought it would go on!!

& what about the last lines of the final chapter, somethoing like

" will you fall in love with a srarion?" Does that means that Akari-chan is in love with roppongi-san?

OH! Happy, Happy ending by the way. NICE!
Dec 29, 2009 3:09 AM
Nov 2008
Really nice ! Enjoyed this series . ^_^
It wasn't a spectacular story , but it was well done , no reason not to enjoy it . *banzai!*
Dec 29, 2009 3:29 AM

Jan 2009
i freaking love this anime!! i always looked forward to watch this every week.. this is my fav anime of fall 2009.. i`m gonna miss this.. Q.Q

roppongi san!!
Dec 29, 2009 5:45 AM

Oct 2009
What a great last episode about Akari. I had no idea she was on a tour of Roppongi station to only get lost and find Roppongi then activating with boarding the Miracle Train at a trial run. That feature is hard to understand of the Time Stop, is the diagram a chart of the flow of time of each person? So since Akari's diagram was already distorted once, a second time happened when she was 20 and boarded the train again but this time it brought her back to being 11? The third time if I understand happened when she picked up the old watch that was left at Roppongi station when she was 11 the first time? I admit the conductor was really scary.....to put all the train station to sleep just like that and he can erase memories just like that? On top being able to be invisible and to teleport?
So in the end the 2 watches combine to create light and put the train back to the right time period so that what happened never happens. Excellent logical ending with some minor questions like if that happens then Akari never will be a guide or have memories of it? Or about if any of the passengers will remember her in time? Logically I wish she would have stayed on the Miracle Train with her memories for a nice second season but D: it won't happen so who will be the next guide in Miracle Train? Akari was the best here=>and she was much more cute in casual clothes here=>
Diagram was interesting by itself...it looks like some mini universe=>

ED scenes comments for fun
Looks like Chinatsu made new friends and all is good for her. She was a favorite of mines among the passenger girls=>
Look like Mai is well and having fun in New York city is that the Imperial building I see in the background?
Wow, Michi grew up so nice and a fine women! Looks like she is having fun in life too.
Mirai is continuing her job and looks like she is having great fun!
Guess Noriko is getting along with the guys she loves and they look happy.
Himero still keeps dreaming about Tsukishima in her room and is her room ever luxurious.
Airi is so cute and now gets along with her mother great! She being happy is me being glad for her. That Santa plushi looks like Tocho
Sakuraba is getting along with his girl fine and looks happy too!
Looks like Makoto is enjoying more than ever her filming and looks fine doing them. Glad for her.
Looks like Hideaki is still running around and must still like Mayu.BTW I find that the Miracle Train could have gone to the past to save Mayu if it did with Akari!
Who is that BTW?=>
Rofl Tocho as a Santa Claus?
Over all it was fun and loved all the great social/emotional problems of people and how they were solved. Loved especially the information on the trains and what each station is for. Very useful information if I am to go for vacations to Japan.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 29, 2009 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
francismeunier said:
Who is that BTW?=>

He is Toshimaen.

francismeunier said:

He's actually Iidabashi, not Tochou.

There are more minor characters that appeared in anime except one. source

francismeunier said:
Akari was the best here=>

Nice shot!
tsubasaloverDec 29, 2009 7:31 AM
Dec 29, 2009 7:50 AM

Oct 2009
tsubasalover said:
francismeunier said:
Who is that BTW?=>

tsubasalover said:
He is Toshimaen.

Really? I am completely not informed. Who is Toshimaen again?
francismeunier said:

tsubasalover said:
He's actually Iidabashi, not Tochou.

There are more minor characters that appeared in anime except one. source

Ok, now I got fooled. Who is this Iidabashi person?
francismeunier said:
Akari was the best here=>

Nice shot!
Thanks, I was thinking this is really the best one of Akari.

Dec 29, 2009 7:52 AM
Mar 2008
The way I see it is that Akari was still a guide even though her diagram got fixed.
Young Akari got on the Miracle Train and her diagram got split. 10 years later Akari boards the miracle train and her diagrams try to join together but fail. At this point I think there might of been two Akari's for the whole series (with 20 year old Akari still living her normal life).

The Train couldn't of saved Mayu because the only reason the train could go back in time was because of time space being warped by the split watch.

BTW the first guy is Toshimaen. (He went to the theme park with Roppongi, Tocho and Airi.)
The second guy dressed as Santa isn't Tocho but Iidabashi. Who was also a station in Airi's episode.

Edit: Late
Dec 29, 2009 8:18 AM

Jan 2008
This was the best climatic episode of the series...even better than the last episode which was a cliffhanger.
. Who the hell is he to decide how others should live? And was it Tokugawa that spoke to the conductor right before time warped into the past?...seeing as how he was just sitting there in the middle and the conductor is looking around for that voice, seeing nothing but Tokugawa. Well, all well that ends well I guess,

There's only one problem that keeps picking at me like a vulture: how the hell does Akari not feel uncomfortable in those tight kids clothes, and not express it other than in the puppet segment.
Dec 29, 2009 8:34 AM

Oct 2009
Ash-Falls-Town said:
The way I see it is that Akari was still a guide even though her diagram got fixed.
Young Akari got on the Miracle Train and her diagram got split. 10 years later Akari boards the miracle train and her diagrams try to join together but fail. At this point I think there might of been two Akari's for the whole series (with 20 year old Akari still living her normal life).

2 Akaris? O_O That is pretty scary to think about for a minute. Did not the diagram got split three time, third time being Akari who picked up that watch?
Ash-Falls-Town said:
The Train couldn't of saved Mayu because the only reason the train could go back in time was because of time space being warped by the split watch.

What about the train's overdrive system. Was that not the thing that made it go through time warps?
Ash-Falls-Town said:
BTW the first guy is Toshimaen. (He went to the theme park with Roppongi, Tocho and Airi.)
The second guy dressed as Santa isn't Tocho but Iidabashi. Who was also a station in Airi's episode.Edit: Late

Ah so the confusion is over with your information. Thanks again.
4kicks said:
This was the best climatic episode of the series...even better than the last episode which was a cliffhanger.

Yeah that was a sudden scary surprise especially with those eyes of his.
4kicks said:
Who the hell is he to decide how others should live? And was it Tokugawa that spoke to the conductor right before time warped into the past?...seeing as how he was just sitting there in the middle and the conductor is looking around for that voice, seeing nothing but Tokugawa. Well, all well that ends well I guess,

I was more for Akari staying in the train and you got to admit that she was pretty brave to accept her memories being erased by the conductor just shows how much she loves all the guys in the miracle train.Also I though for a minute the conductor might be her father.
4kicks said:

So I take it that the conductor did not erase those memories at all at Roppongi/Tsukishima's request.
4kicks said:
There's only one problem that keeps picking at me like a vulture: how the hell does Akari not feel uncomfortable in those tight kids clothes, and not express it other than in the puppet segment.
That is a good lol but she looked ok in them minus the fact of her panties being seen if she climbs stairs.

Dec 29, 2009 8:50 AM

Nov 2007
francismeunier said:
Really? I am completely not informed. Who is Toshimaen again?

Toshimaen is from the ep. who Tochou brought a girl to amusement park type place. He also told Roppongi that he's boring, ep. 8?

francismeunier said:
Ok, now I got fooled. Who is this Iidabashi person?

Iidabashi is a long hair guy who ties a ponytail. He's a doctor/scientist who first appeared in ep. 8.

Those are minor characters like Shinjuku's brothers that appeared earlier ep.

Edit: I didn't read Ash-Falls-Town's post which explained those for me. Nevermind.
tsubasaloverDec 29, 2009 9:09 AM
Dec 29, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
Blah episode. I'm not sure whether the show should get a 4 or a 5 from me since it had two stand out episodes. That said, it was really formulaic and bland. I'm a little disappointed that the conductor started acting the way he did, but I can't be all that surprised since I think the voice actor normally plays those parts, and I half expected it from the beginning.

Oh well, it was what it was.
Dec 31, 2009 8:28 AM

Jun 2008
It'll be a funny day if they ever announce a second series of this wonderful rubbish, everyone else bashing it and me all "moar guilty pleasure anime!Yay!8D"

I loved this show lmaooo. Ima miss it.

Also I totally ship AkarixRoppongi now xD -shot-
Jan 1, 2010 5:58 PM

May 2008
I think I'm giving this show a 6/10. Basically because it seemed too plain, and it wasn't really that exciting. Though I'll admit some moments mad me tear up ): Like episode 11 I think it was..with the dead chick.

And..this made me lol. Geass?

Otherwise, meh. The show could have been a bit better.

Jan 1, 2010 7:15 PM

Apr 2008
KayChan4U said:

And..this made me lol. Geass?

Otherwise, meh. The show could have been a bit better.

LOL~ i agree xD anyways this ended with solving Akari's problem ... isnt too bad bah

Jan 18, 2010 7:49 AM

Apr 2009
It's far from being a great anime and all, but I enjoyed it, coz it made me take my mind off some bad stuff.

But I'm only wondering about the end. It's 100% undoubtful that both Roppongi and Akari were able to see each other and they definitely had all their memories.

But in the very end, does that mean Akari and Roppongi fell in love with each other?^^

I've had that feeling throughtout the series whenever they were talking to each other, but I thought it'd not be very nice, since Akari had a child-like appearance. But I guess the ending only confirmed that?..
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Jan 21, 2010 8:13 PM

Jun 2008
Miracle Train wasn't the best series I've seen but the last 3 episode was good to my stand. The ending made me ship Roppongi x Akari :D
They look so cute together and what the narrator said the word when Akari and Roppongi met agian made me even more wishing they actully felt in love.
MimikoFeb 19, 2010 4:50 PM
Feb 21, 2010 11:53 AM

Sep 2009
OK, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be after watching the initial episodes.
It really made a change for the better.
Mar 5, 2010 9:40 AM
Aug 2009
sakurai93 said:
i freaking love this anime!! i always looked forward to watch this every week.. this is my fav anime of fall 2009.. i`m gonna miss this.. Q.Q

roppongi san!!

I miss it too :[ I wish they made more
Please let there be a 2nd Season or something!!
Apr 16, 2010 6:27 AM

Dec 2008
NEKO-est said:
" will you fall in love with a srarion?" Does that means that Akari-chan is in love with roppongi-san?

I was thinking that too.

It's odd wanting to root for a person and a train station to end up together. o_O. I don't think I can fully support that.

Otherwise, I enjoyed this series far more than I should've. I think this show was a guilty pleasure for me.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 22, 2010 2:22 AM

May 2008
awwww man guess the show was over it was indeed very enjoyable but oh well time to move on

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 15, 2010 8:42 PM

Sep 2009
Last three episodes of this series were really great :)
i liked how it ended with Roppongi and Akari staring at each other
really good series for me :)

Dec 10, 2010 7:02 PM

Aug 2009
+3 just for the last 3 episodes.

Man this was supposed to be a crappy bishie series. But it really went for a drastic change after episodes 6-7. I just started it for the sake of some lightness while watching the tensed Gungrave but this actually got me more interested.

But to think there actually was a plot lying underneath ... I wondered several times why Roppongi is hinted to be the most prominent train stations. I guess that solves it.

What an unexpected turn of events, stupid as it was. Instant change to shounen series with that bastard of a conductor! Hah.

And aww I loved the ending. I guess it's safe to assume that Roppongi and Akari met again ... and fell in love. <3
Oct 11, 2011 11:51 PM

Nov 2007
Awww! That last two lines!
~ Will you fall in love with a train station?!
~ (Akari x Roponggi )
~ Give it a try!
Kyaaaaaaaa! Love that! Akari is sooo beautiful in that scene! what the?! Roponggi and akari are perfect for each other! :DD
I wasn't expecting much from this, but it turned out to be really good. I was thinking of giving it an 8.. but with the last episodes, it raised up to 9.. and the last two lines/last scene was a bomb! Now, I'm torn between 9 or 10! Gahhhh! What the hell! :DD
~ Until the last episode, i really liked the conductor! kyahaha. i wish to know more about him! Even though he acted like that, they were just both thinking for the betterment of Akari..
Awts! All in All~ Great series! :D
inn0centdem0nOct 11, 2011 11:55 PM
Jun 16, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2011
I started out skeptically. It wasn't that amazing either. But you know what? I enjoyed it. I liked it. (Though it was still pretty bad overall, save the last episode.)

Roppongi x Akari? Yes, I want to fall in love with a train station too!

Initially gave it a 2. But I liked the end and I found another favorite character. 4/10
MirorinJun 16, 2012 3:35 PM
Jul 4, 2012 2:35 PM

Jul 2009
That was ... interesting o_O Who knew the conductor had so many powers ... I was thinking for a second he might be related to Akari lol XD
A bit confusing with the diagrams and stuff, but basically Akari went on the Miracle Train when Roppongi was still opening up and that stopped her time, even though she continued "living" until she was 20. I'm assuming when she left at the end she went back to her 20 year old life. Also a bit confusing, it said that being on the Miracle Train stops your time but for Mayu her time kept going on, since she boarded a bit after 5 and kept asking the time. Maybe it was different for her because she was a ghost? Hmm ...
Roppongi has the watches and that saves Akari and allows her to continue on. I was sort of expecting him to have a bigger role but I don't like it that much IMO (I can't seem to feel anything for him) but whatever lol :P
Hmm, so Tokugawa was there and stopped the conductor ...?! Or that's what it seemed like ... the dimensions and the "No. 12" thing still weren't really explained (neither was why they are in human form) but I guess that's all we're going to get lol.
Nice ED showing everyone and how they're living now. Hmm, so it seems to hint at Akari falling in love with Roppongi ... haha, fall in love with a station, why don't you? I've been wondering about that but now it seems like it makes sense ;P
Overall it was actually better than I expected when I went to finish this series. The music was really good, art and characters were fine, and plenty of mini-arcs with the girls and some were actually really well done. The whole Akari and trouble thing seemed to come a bit out of nowhere but it was still fun to watch, so I'll give this a 7/10 XD
Aug 30, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2010
Silly, awesome, heart-warming series<3
It's not just your average bishonen anime. It makes you feel good!! At least that's how I felt :D And you learn a lot about train stations in the process lol.

The ending was so nice. Putting in pics of their past passengers in the end was also a great touch :')
Overall, what can I say.. I Loved it!
Feb 26, 2013 4:15 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
EvianBubble said:
That was ... interesting o_O Who knew the conductor had so many powers ...

Yeah seriously right? I was surprised when the conductor's eyes glowed red and then made the station's unconscious. It's still kind of a mystery though regarding the whole Miracle Train thing, like how the conductor is called No.12 and has a boss. Hm, if he's conductor no.12, I wonder how many other miracle trains there are X)

I actually didn't care that much about Akari, but I'm glad it ended well for her, with her diagram getting fixed. It also seems like she still has her memories since that last part she and Roppongi looked at each other <3 so cute!

The ending was also nicely done, one of the best anime endings I've seen and am most satisfied with. It connected back to the same narration that was used in the beginning of most of the episodes, and then we finally understand the part where it says, “Won’t you fall in love with a station?” And of course, the ED was really nice, made me feel a little nostalgic (even though I only started to watch this I think 3 days ago) about the anime, seeing how the other customers are living now.

In the beginning it mostly relaxing episodes, then there were a lot of funny parts, and even a few touching episodes that made me cry. I’m glad I stumbled upon it while looking at the anime KajiKaji has voiced in, and I’m definitely going to miss it!
Dec 17, 2013 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
Ah shit. I'm sad now. That was actually a really good ending to a decent show. Very bittersweet. My OTP did not get together in the end. Well, hopefully the very last part is ambiguous!

Final rating is 7/10 because of four very strong episodes out of the thirteen in total. What it did really well was the main plot and foreshadowing. I love how they threaded so many little things together to create the grand ending. Might re-rate later when my feels have calmed down.
Dec 24, 2015 1:56 AM

Dec 2013
I actually thought that this ended quite abruptly and in the end, the story about how they became train stations and why they are solving girls' problems were'nt told. But I really enjoyed watching this and Roponggi and Akari's moments are really nice.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

More topics from this board

» Taken off of Crunchyroll

tinywoodenrobot - Aug 15, 2023

0 by tinywoodenrobot »»
Aug 15, 2023 7:01 PM

» Miracle Train Question?

haihaig - Feb 26, 2017

1 by tinywoodenrobot »»
Aug 22, 2020 7:40 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2009

24 by Maou_heika »»
Feb 13, 2020 9:48 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 15, 2009

19 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 19, 2015 3:25 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2009

18 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 17, 2015 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.