Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 3, 2016 1:23 PM

Feb 2012
i just hate full 3D anime like this.. but i'll try to bear with it for some episodes and then i'll judge.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jan 3, 2016 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
TitanAnteus said:
Lylaaz said:

No. Just no.

It might be their style but, just no. It can be used for some elements, like even attack on titan used cgi on 3d scenes, but to make all anime with cgi just throws people off.

I'm the same as OP though. I will watch some episodes and then decide.

Trailer seemed interesting enough to go and have a look at the manga, however. :)

The reason attack on titan looks so good is because they used so much CGI btw.
They had more time to spend animating the characters and movement.

They only used it mostly on backgrounds... how come it only looks good because of CGI? And even if they didn't used it the anime would still be good, whereas if it was 100% CGI it would be ridiculous shitty.
Jan 3, 2016 8:16 PM

Jul 2012
Holy shit I just saw the PV!

Miyano Mamoru!!!

And I love CGI especially in shows in Sidonia no Kishi and Nobunaga Concerto! They look so nice.

Gonna watch this for sure.
Jan 4, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
Snaita said:
TitanAnteus said:

The reason attack on titan looks so good is because they used so much CGI btw.
They had more time to spend animating the characters and movement.

They only used it mostly on backgrounds... how come it only looks good because of CGI? And even if they didn't used it the anime would still be good, whereas if it was 100% CGI it would be ridiculous shitty.

I wont deny that if Attack on Titan was full 3D it wouldn't look half as good, but i was replying to the comment that said CG isn't useful.

Also, the animation studio is new, and only does full 3D animation. If it's either this or the anime not existing at all, I'd choose this.

It's not like this is affecting other studios that already exist who primarily do 2D.
Jan 4, 2016 4:57 PM

Jan 2013
VanishingKira said:
People aren't looking forward to this cause of the CGI,I ain't looking forward to this as much as before ever since I heard this was an even bigger edgefest than Tokyo Ghoul.

Did you just openly admit to being an edgetard?
You do know that word is derogative right?
Jan 4, 2016 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
TitanAnteus said:
Did you just openly admit to being an edgetard?
You do know that word is derogative right?
Pretty sure he said they aren't looking forward to this show because its an edgefest.

I'm up to date on the manga and I can confirm its more of an edgefest than TG.
Jan 6, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2016
I like the quality of the models in say something like Sidonia, they just feel jerky because they framerate they are rendered at is so low, which is pretty stupid on their part.
I'm not opposed to full cgi in anime, in fact I believe that the industry needs to master it as it is much more cost effective in a time where production costs are steadily rising. None of them know what they are doing and they need time to acclimate to it; but several people abhor the idea all together and don't let them have a chance to experiment with it.
I am exited for the future of cgi anime; but my feelings cannot overwrite those who hate experimentation and innovation, who would rather keep to the status quo. They are the cancer that is slowly killing the industry, as what they want does not appeal to those besides Otaku which is becoming a more exclusive demographic everyday.
Jan 7, 2016 9:45 AM

May 2013
Welp if the story and delivery are good whatever the visuals...
Jan 9, 2016 2:54 PM

Aug 2015
mccartneytm said:
I like the quality of the models in say something like Sidonia, they just feel jerky because they framerate they are rendered at is so low, which is pretty stupid on their part.
I'm not opposed to full cgi in anime, in fact I believe that the industry needs to master it as it is much more cost effective in a time where production costs are steadily rising. None of them know what they are doing and they need time to acclimate to it; but several people abhor the idea all together and don't let them have a chance to experiment with it.
I am exited for the future of cgi anime; but my feelings cannot overwrite those who hate experimentation and innovation, who would rather keep to the status quo. They are the cancer that is slowly killing the industry, as what they want does not appeal to those besides Otaku which is becoming a more exclusive demographic everyday.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Jan 10, 2016 2:35 AM

Jan 2014
eXtacy67 said:
NobodyKnow said:
Lmao this circle jerk of CGI's hater

Get used to the future of anime

This. Don't see a single thing wrong with the animation.

I 100% agree with this. CGI doesn't really bug me tbh.
Jan 10, 2016 6:20 AM

Dec 2010
D-Joe said:

Yahoo Japan is reliable source for movie review from crowd, yeah you can say this means Japan likes it, is it really surprising? they embrace CG long time ago, they also love Sidonia.
Are you implying that Sidonia does not deserve the prize?

I'd much rather watch a high quality non-CGI version, but if the studio can't afford good CGI, then it probably can't afford a great non-CGI either and I hate low-quality animation no matter the type.

Also if the title was sold to such a studio probably no better studio was was interested in it anyway. I think that those happy with the very existence of an adaptation do not deserve to be devoid of it because of those aren't.
Jan 10, 2016 8:59 AM

Nov 2015
Ohhhhh man! I just watched both PV's and got super hyped all over again ! I can't wait :3
Jan 10, 2016 6:12 PM

Jun 2009
CGI haters need to get over themselves. CGI is cheaper than traditional animation, so of course it's going to be used more often. It's also gotten much better over the years. Look at something like Arpeggio of Blue Steel or the more recent Bubuki Buranki to see how far we've come.
Jan 11, 2016 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
Kinzo said:
CGI haters need to get over themselves. CGI is cheaper than traditional animation, so of course it's going to be used more often. It's also gotten much better over the years. Look at something like Arpeggio of Blue Steel or the more recent Bubuki Buranki to see how far we've come.

Definitely agree with you. Don't understand the CGI hate and pessimism. Bubuki Buranki actually looks pretty good as well, and so will Ajin most likely.
Jan 11, 2016 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
Could have sworn the movies were in CGI and this series was going to be the normal style of anime...guess I'm wrong?
Jan 11, 2016 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
I haven't seen the PV so i'll probably watch the anime regardless since I enjoy the manga.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 11, 2016 8:47 PM

Jul 2014
Hmm...I usually don't watch the anime adaptation if I have read the manga of any series. Unless, it had something special/differs from the manga.

No exception for Ajin.
Jan 11, 2016 9:48 PM

Feb 2014
VanishingKira said:
People aren't looking forward to this cause of the CGI,I ain't looking forward to this as much as before ever since I heard this was an even bigger edgefest than Tokyo Ghoul.

I see you post all the time and almost always its a negative comment.
Jan 12, 2016 1:02 AM

Dec 2015
Why do you guys are focused on CGI than story?
Jan 12, 2016 1:21 AM

Jan 2014
VanishingKira said:

Yeah someone lied to you. I dontt understand your hate for tg but if I truly had to compare "edginess" and how my gore the 2 has I would say tg is more high above it.

The mc is quite different from kaneki...in a sense.

It doesn't really center or focus on Gore. There are no inner monologues(well as I can remember) and the characters aren't actually that dark or just filled with misery as compared to Tokyo ghoul.

Ugh, either way well see when it comes out.

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Jan 12, 2016 4:53 PM
Jun 2013
King_Savage said:

I dont know, all in all I'm excited for this. Either its a new concept or a Tokyo Ghoul rip-off.

So true. It looks cool enough & I don't mind the art style, but I really hope it has something better to offer than just another Tokyo Ghoul
Jan 12, 2016 6:31 PM

Dec 2013
The only way this could work is if they get a second season, considering how many chapters there are
I shall destroy and hate mankind
Jan 12, 2016 6:53 PM

Jan 2014
jyagan0 said:
The only way this could work is if they get a second season, considering how many chapters there are
....not really. Maybe in manga do form, but as an anime I doubt it could go past 13 episodes without stretching a couple things. Also considering that were Still in the middle of an arc it might just stop short. Then there are the movies.

Seriously what are they doing with this.

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Jan 12, 2016 9:24 PM

Feb 2012
Man this show gonna be hot.
That being said I never heard of Polygon Pictures o.o
Jan 12, 2016 11:12 PM
Jan 2013
Speaking of CGI, my otaku friend doesn't like CGI but he surprisingly looks forward to it, weird... ._. I wonder if he's lying all this time or there's something else I'm missing...

Me? Reading the manga and the story's quite interesting, I'll try... though I have to say it looks mediocre...
dex_dashJan 12, 2016 11:15 PM
Jan 13, 2016 4:32 AM
Mar 2014
I think the character models and the backgrounds look great. Still shots look nice. It's the blockiness of most of the animation that I'm not fond of. I can for the most part ignore limited animation when it comes to drawn animation, but stiff animation in cgi is harder for me to ignore (probably because I'm studying 3D animation). I will still watch it. The models are nice to look at so I'll probably be able to get past the animation itself after a while.

for the record, the stiffness I'm referring to has nothing to do with framerates. It's about the lack of arcs in some movements, and the issues with spacing, overlap, etc. Some parts of the trailer looked alright to me, but other parts looked like they ran out of time or money to make the movements more believable.
Jan 13, 2016 7:47 AM

Dec 2012
LOL You only watch for visuals not story huh

Jan 13, 2016 8:19 AM

Mar 2015
Yahoo japan seems to like the movie version more than Kizumonogatari or even star wars and spectre. But then again their list topper is something called King of Prism; Pretty Rhythm.

I look forward to it nonetheless. And cgi doesn't bother me anyway.
Jan 13, 2016 1:52 PM
Jun 2015
Should I start readin manga Ajin?
Jan 18, 2016 8:50 AM

Sep 2015
I didn't watch any trailers or anything beforehand so the CGI really caught me off guard. Can't say I'm a fan of it, it just looks off and awkward. I'll probably watch 1 or 2 more episodes to see if the series can keep my interest over the weird animation.
Feb 4, 2016 6:01 AM

Dec 2013
stefeman said:
Yea, looks pretty cheap to be honest.. Some indie studio perhaps?
like it reminds me of late 90's cgi shows like reboot or that awful Iron Man series they did with Tony Stark as a kid.
Feb 7, 2016 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
Haeduans said:
It''s millions times better than those half-assed CGIs used in Parasyte, for example

WAT?!
Where?!
You are comparing shitty CG show to Parasyte, which looked REALLY AWESOME? LOL.
SpeedFreakz said:
Why do you guys are focused on CGI than story?

Well, I'm watching a TV show, not reading the book. So, of course visuals ARE IMPORTANT. Visuals are the main reason why I'm not watching Ajin. I picked up manga instead.

LeFlower-kun said:
Kinzo said:

Definitely agree with you. Don't understand the CGI hate and pessimism. Bubuki Buranki actually looks pretty good as well, and so will Ajin most likely.

Bubuki has only beautiful backgrounds, the rest looks ultra shitty. Not mentioning about character animation, which is TOTALLY UNWATCHABLE.

The only one studio which can blend perfectly CG and standard animation is Kyoto Animation. Their series looks AWESOME. You know why? They are not relying on CG, but they are using CG for post-processing in most cases (not for characters and
environment). That's the reason why it looks that awesome (and this is the reason why I like it).

ANd... I started watching anime long time ago BECAUSE OF THIS SPECIFIC KIND OF ANIMATION too (the other thing is that I was just bored to death by 'Murican movies and tv series which are in 90% neverending stories). I hate CG, the only place where I can tolerate CG are computer games. CG is destroying everything. The same goes to "normal" movies. Every movie which are relying on CG are just piece a shit, nothing else. I went out of the theater in the middle of Hobbit 2. I couldn't stand CG "actors" and other bullshit.
rsc-plFeb 7, 2016 2:10 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 7, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2014
rsc-pl said:
Haeduans said:
It''s millions times better than those half-assed CGIs used in Parasyte, for example

WAT?!
Where?!
The CG in Parasyte was awful.

You'd have to try REALLY hard to make a full CGI show with as bad CGI as it had though.
Feb 7, 2016 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
Paulo27 said:
rsc-pl said:

WAT?!
Where?!

You'd have to try REALLY hard to make a full CGI show with as bad CGI as it had though.

Please show me where. I just skipped througt most of episodes and I didn't see ANY 3D CG. Are you sure that you are talking about Parasyte? Even cars and other vehicles were not in 3D (in most scenes).
rsc-plFeb 7, 2016 2:16 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 7, 2016 2:19 PM

Mar 2014
rsc-pl said:
Paulo27 said:

Please show me where. I just skipped througt most of episodes and I didn't see ANY 3D CG. Are you sure that you are talking about Parasyte? Even cars and other vehicles were not in 3D.
They spent easy 30+ seconds on that last one as well when combined.
Feb 7, 2016 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
Paulo27 said:
rsc-pl said:

Please show me where. I just skipped througt most of episodes and I didn't see ANY 3D CG. Are you sure that you are talking about Parasyte? Even cars and other vehicles were not in 3D.
They spent easy 30+ seconds on that last one as well when combined.

You are right, but anyway, animation quality in this series was really good in general, so comparing this show (with few CG scenes) to Ajin which is in full 3D is kinda not right...

If you want to see really ugly series (imo), take a look at this https://rascal.pl/anime-manga-japonia/podsumowanie-roku-anime-2015/#Najgorzej-wygladajace-anime-2015 (starting from Grisaia to the on of page, this is a part of my summary of 2015, this part which I linked concerns visual aspects, more precisly - worst looking shows which I watched in 2015 imo)
rsc-plFeb 7, 2016 2:44 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 8, 2016 12:15 AM

Mar 2010
Its not ghoul . not same. dont similarize my kawaiii ajin with not so kawai ghoul D:

*my precioussssss*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2016 6:28 AM

Jul 2014
i watch for the story not animation :D
May 22, 2016 3:04 PM
Aug 2015
GosuGian said:
LOL You only watch for visuals not story huh

I'm more of a person that likes to watch things rather than read. However, saying this, I would rather read the manga if I wanted a good sense of the story. It's just that anime is more of an entertaining way of being told the story all while being immersed with the animation along side it. So if a manga adaption is going to be released, I would expect the animation to be good.

That's just my opinion though.
May 24, 2016 8:07 AM

Oct 2015
I did 3d animation in college and have to say ajins animation is amazing compared to every other 3d animation I have seen in the past and that is saying a lot because I have seen a lot of cruddy cg in my time.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.