Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2015 7:26 AM
May 2015
This episode was great. Final fight, it's colour and intensity (despite that it was just one slash) really get to me. Also in the middle of episode, when Kurogane was running with accompaniment of piano opening theme, it was a little bit moving, don't you think ?
Dec 22, 2015 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
A bit disappointed as it was handled the episode, the story he wanted to show too many things and in the end, for me, has failed in the end; one thing I appreciated is the philosophy of Ikki. Overall this series could do more, but as another anime series has some good points but also bad, so in the end we are left with having a number of equal value to another. Good the graphics and technical, beautiful is the opening to the ending, pleasant the End-cards.

7/10.
Dec 22, 2015 10:19 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good ending... but that whole scene with morals committee was fucking BS...

Finale - 3/5
Season - 6/10
Dec 22, 2015 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
Terrific final episode!
The final battle was a little anticlimactic but the proposal definitely made up for it!
10/10 Desperately hoping for a second season!
Stella also takes the cake for hottest character in an anime that I've ever seen! :D
Dec 22, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
[quote=Nexxkinn]Well...
That was a quite well ride.
Looks like Director-kun were having fun with any style he could think of in the fight scene that the story becomes so rushed that even their own way of ending the show doesn't look good. Gosh, even they need to use a lot of OP and ED-piano soundtrack in this episode.

/quote]
totally agree with you i was hoping for an all out battle between these two but what did they did..... No they just releashed its most powerful atack and it ended in like 1 minut ........... I still liked it tho and waiting to see an season two
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
SansrivaaL said:
Man that fight was fast as fck, it was beautifully and intensly animated so I guess its ok, but it had a a weak end like Asterisk. Honestly I want a second season, I'd rather have a second season of this than Asterisk and OPM combined lol.

That proposal tho.... and a kiss to seal the deal. Grandpa must be so proud you got yourself a hot future wife and beat Touka with 1 slash.

gg
Waitin got see season 2 happen bro
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2015 3:24 PM
Aug 2014
Steven3Davis said:
So is anyone else worried about what ikki was trying to talk to stella about at the end... maybe I'm looking toout much into it so anyone wanna help me out lol

You are looking too much into it. He kissed her right after she said 'let me be your bride'. I'm pretty sure he knows what that means. In the last scene, I think he was gonna bring up the topic of meeting her parents. There is no other meaning to 'will you be my family?' . If you are telling that to your girlfriend, that is straight up a marriage proposal.
Dec 22, 2015 9:46 PM

Jan 2008
Disappointing fight. Dumb ass villain. Parents solved the problem. Ugh. What a lackluster finale.

Well at least there were some Stella and Ikki moments. Overall show had its moments and by moments I mean the scenes where Stella being a weird pervert.
Dec 22, 2015 10:15 PM

Sep 2010
The last two episodes got a little weird, but I'm very happy about Ikki and Stellas relationship. They supported eachother and never got into big fights that lasted three episode (looking at you 99% of romance anime.)

Over all I really enjoyed this series. I think it would have been better with 24 episodes, but what can you doo.
Dec 22, 2015 11:13 PM

Jun 2013
Damn yo. Even if the fight itself was really just one quick strike, the art made it really exciting. This is what animation is all about: the vivid, colorful storytelling through the art itself. It didn't have to be as well animated as the likes of, say, a product from Madhouse or KyoAni; the shifting styles and color palettes alone were great.

And that end, with Ikki and Stella progressing their relationship even further, was just a big "F**k you, other shows. Step up your romance game."

I'm impressed with how this turned out, given its initial premise. The people saying, "just wait and see, this isn't the same as all the other generic LN battle high school series" were right.
-Trippwire-Dec 22, 2015 11:22 PM
Dec 23, 2015 12:53 AM

Feb 2013
Loved this show!!! Loved the action, the story, and ESPECIALLY the romance. Proposing to her *squeal*

Second season please.

Anyway, 8/10 for me.....don't even care.
Dec 23, 2015 1:02 AM
Oct 2012
Come on Ikki-kun, you dont need that piece of sh*it dad to acknowledge you.
Dec 23, 2015 1:11 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, I can't believe Ikki actually just, one-shot'ed her...

I really enjoyed that fight scene. With the little action it had, the art transition and blood animations were superb imo. Absolutely amazing, now if only the whole anime could match that quality, it's probably just the color palette, but regardless, I enjoyed it.

By far, one of the best animes with ecchi in it I've seen by far. Usually whenever there's ecchi, the anime goes into a deep and dark hole that I never seem to recall from. The only notable romance-ecchi-harem-actions I liked were Shakugan no Shana, maybe Tayutama, hell, what else... Accel World? Kore wa Zombie, oh god, Zero no Tsukaima is in that hole.

Oh, I hated the OP and ED. The art was there for the OP, but the music was bad taste imo. It 'works,' but nothing special. ED is just terrible.

Just ignore me, just writing down my thoughts, lol
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Dec 23, 2015 3:55 AM

Dec 2014
UsaraDark said:

Oh, I hated the OP and ED. The art was there for the OP, but the music was bad taste imo. It 'works,' but nothing special. ED is just terrible.

The OP kind of grows on me, maybe it's the lyrics.
Dec 23, 2015 5:04 AM

Aug 2014
Ikki got that battle right from the start then? He still defeats Toudou, in an injured state!
I expected more, but oh well. I can see they rushed things up in this whole two episodes. Still decent tho.

(8/10) Best LN Harem adaption this season! Probably better than LN adaption anime from last season too!
Second season please. Or I'm gonna get mad. Asterisk still get the second cour, regardless how bad it is..
Dec 23, 2015 5:31 AM

May 2014
Totally loved it! The action scenes, the characters, the OST, the art, the way the story evolved, the romance... they were all amazing! I was expecting all of these but DAMN it was amazing :D

I doubt there will be a second season but I really hope I'm wrong.
Dec 23, 2015 6:23 AM

Dec 2012
RealityRush said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
And then Alice, that's effeminate done right. He wasn't a freak and I'm glad they didn't reduce him to some exaggerated caricature. I'm rooting for him to capture Shizuku's heart.

I hate to break this to you man, but Alice is into dudes. Though I haven't read the source material..... maybe he plays both teams? O.o
At the end of episode 4, Alice embraces Shizuku and says "That part of you, I really love it." That's not necessarily grounds for a confession, but it didn't seem like some sisterly "I got your back girlfriend" moment to me. Alice seemed rather dashing at that moment, but I could be entirely wrong. Regardless of his orientation, I like how he was handled.
Dec 23, 2015 7:55 AM

Jun 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
RealityRush said:

I hate to break this to you man, but Alice is into dudes. Though I haven't read the source material..... maybe he plays both teams? O.o
At the end of episode 4, Alice embraces Shizuku and says "That part of you, I really love it." That's not necessarily grounds for a confession, but it didn't seem like some sisterly "I got your back girlfriend" moment to me. Alice seemed rather dashing at that moment, but I could be entirely wrong. Regardless of his orientation, I like how he was handled.

I very much saw that as a "close friend" moment. It was an "I love you", but as you would say it to a friend, I never got the impression that he was romantically interested in Shizuku. But yeah, he's probably the most well handled trans-gender character I've seen in a while, not even just in anime either.
Dec 23, 2015 10:38 AM

Jun 2015
I suppose there's no need for me to ask whether it was better than Gakusen then??
Dec 23, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
ShadowTheRaven said:
I suppose there's no need for me to ask whether it was better than Gakusen then??

I think their respective MAL scores make it pretty clear :P
Dec 23, 2015 3:20 PM

Dec 2013
Stella was the huge star of this show. Ikki's backstory wasn't very effective, the 'villains' (seriously...Oddjob lookalike LOL? Why didn't they just make his father Goldfinger_kun?) were terrible, the music was forgettable, and the Op & Ed were annoying af. Bonus points for romance that broke the boundaries for anime, and a few artistically executed fight scenes. Side characters were ok.

It does deserve a second season though.
Dec 23, 2015 3:38 PM

Jul 2015
Lol people are disappointed because of the final fight ?I thought it was pretty good .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dec 24, 2015 12:00 AM

Jun 2013
GradationAir said:
UsaraDark said:

This show got shafted in the OP/ED department. I think Asterisk deserved Rakudai's OP and ED songs, while Rakudai deserved Asterisk's, lol.
Dec 24, 2015 3:25 AM
Apr 2015
It was such a fun ride! Glad I decided to watch it. Really hope there will be a season 2, but looking back at the ending, the show wraps it all up rather nicely. Oh well, let us hope!
Dec 24, 2015 6:44 AM

Jun 2015
-Trippwire- said:
GradationAir said:

This show got shafted in the OP/ED department. I think Asterisk deserved Rakudai's OP and ED songs, while Rakudai deserved Asterisk's, lol.

While Rakuda's ED really didn't match the show's style, at all, the OP was fuckin' gold and lined up perfectly with it. Best OP of the season song/animation wise imo.
Dec 24, 2015 7:02 AM

Mar 2012
Seems like it struck on 7.83. I want more but you just cannot be too greedy.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 24, 2015 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
That proposal caught me off guard. I was just expecting a kiss or something. But woah.

Kinda sad that the last fight was so quick, but it was still pretty epic.
Dec 24, 2015 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Seems like it struck on 7.83. I want more but you just cannot be too greedy.

Man, be happy with where it's at, lol. For a generic LN battle-harem adaptation... Rakudai is fuckin' killing it in ratings if it's at 7.83. Considering the hatred of the genre alone by most people in this hobby, that is damn impressive. I didn't even honestly think it would get much above 7.8 and pass Mahouka, but here we are.
Dec 24, 2015 8:54 AM
Aug 2014
I loved it although it was quite predictable. The fight between Toka and Ikki was intense. Now we just need season 2
"If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong" -Shirou Emiya
Dec 24, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2008
Wait... why didn't shizuku heal ikki?
Dec 24, 2015 6:10 PM

Dec 2013
I think the last fight was kinda good, although it was just one strike but they did compensate it with the epic speeches and animation which I think was good.
Hopefully this is getting a season 2 :/.
Bloop
Dec 24, 2015 9:54 PM

Feb 2012
Fantastic series!

I didn't expect it to get so deep into characters and story. The fights were great and passionate, nothing seemed pointless.
The last fight was epic and really well made.

Stella is beautiful, funny and loving, a perfect girl.

Will definitely continue from the LN and hope for a season 2.
Dec 25, 2015 12:04 AM

Mar 2012
I just wrapped up Gakusen Toshi Asterisk a few days ago and I thought it was a pretty decent series in the school life-action-fantasy-romance genre, but then Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is something else.

The action was enjoyable. I personally think it's clear that careful thought was devoted to choreographing each featured fight (although a lot of fights were obviously skipped over). The last fight went by much faster than I thought, but even that proved to be satisfying, and it was in any case a reasonable scenario since it would've been unrealistic if it dragged on for much longer.

The character development is pretty top-notch for a 12-episode series. I thought each character was likable, even though none of them is unique in any way. I definitely respected the fact that the series devoted a good amount of time to Shizuku, Stella, and Ikki's background and characterization. A lot of inner thoughts were thrown in, which is something not necessarily seen across the board but something that certainly helped to explain their characters. Ikki's psychological struggles were in particular very well drawn out, and not in a forced way either.

Romance is certainly not something this series shied away from. By episode 4 any sort of harem possibility already ceased to exist, and by episode 12 THEY'RE ENGAGED. But again, I think the romance developed in a way that wasn't forced and these two were clearly each other's mental support till the end. So as far as anime couples go, this one is fairly substantive. I also found their interactions to be pretty heartwarming and endearing. The fact that the series didn't just keep running with a dumb harem is another point I liked about it. My heart could've melted at the last scene when Ikki proposed and Stella said yes.

In short, all around very solid series. Action is nice, characters are likable and well-developed, and the romance was cute. Liked all of it a lot and I hope it gets second season.
zannettDec 25, 2015 12:20 AM
Dec 25, 2015 6:52 AM
Dec 2011
Good news!! I heard that Rakudai BD/DVD got sold out at Amazon and many stores in Japan on the first day. This is really surprising, I didn't think this could happen. Some say that the demand got big after the final episode aired.
Dec 25, 2015 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
AP24 said:
Good news!! I heard that Rakudai BD/DVD got sold out at Amazon and many stores in Japan on the first day. This is really surprising, I didn't think this could happen. Some say that the demand got big after the final episode aired.

Holy shit, you're right, it sold out in a few hours, jesus. Well then, that's some good news, apparently even Silver Link didn't think it would sell this well or they would have printed more. In Stock again on the 28th apparently. At least we know it is doing better than the Stalker Points predicted O.o
RealityRushDec 25, 2015 7:47 AM
Dec 25, 2015 8:06 AM
Dec 2011
RealityRush said:
AP24 said:

Holy shit, you're right, it sold out in a few hours, jesus. Well then, that's some good news, apparently even Silver Link didn't think it would sell this well or they would have printed more. In Stock again on the 28th apparently. At least we know it is doing better than the Stalker Points predicted O.o

Even after anime finished airing, it still managed to surprise me. I knew I had a good feeling about this series before it starting airing.
Dec 25, 2015 8:53 AM

Jun 2015
AP24 said:
RealityRush said:

Even after anime finished airing, it still managed to surprise me. I knew I had a good feeling about this series before it starting airing.

Christ, the first printing is sold out on CDJapan and Amiami too O.o

It's totally out of stock, everywhere.
Dec 25, 2015 9:09 AM
Dec 2011
RealityRush said:
AP24 said:

Not just online stores, I heard even many retail places are out of stock. There's no way it has low stock so it's possible it may sell over 10k.
Dec 25, 2015 9:18 AM

Jun 2015
AP24 said:
RealityRush said:

Not just online stores, I heard even many retail places are out of stock. There's no way it has low stock so it's possible it may sell over 10k.

Eh, slow down there tiger, 10k is a lot, that would be enough to pay for half the series already, and that isn't a common occurrence. I'd temper that hope before you're disappointed. And if it does hit 10k.... well shit, that's impressive for a generic LN battle-harem style show.
Dec 25, 2015 9:28 AM

Oct 2015
RealityRush said:
AP24 said:

Eh, slow down there tiger, 10k is a lot, that would be enough to pay for half the series already, and that isn't a common occurrence. I'd temper that hope before you're disappointed. And if it does hit 10k.... well shit, that's impressive for a generic LN battle-harem style show.

Yeah,as much i want this series to sell well. I think 10k is way to overestimated, I'd say 5k is sensible enough. But let's see
Dec 25, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2012
RealityRush said:
for a generic LN battle-harem style show.

The show doesn't have harem.
Dec 25, 2015 1:21 PM

Jun 2015
Mallony said:
RealityRush said:
for a generic LN battle-harem style show.

The show doesn't have harem.

I'm aware, but it follows the archetype of a battle-harem, it is just the easiest and most relatable way I can think to categorize it. LN school battle-harem is something people understand and relate to, and that's the style Rakudai relates to, even starting out harem-esque before it axes the thought of it. Don't get too worked up over it, it's just a name ;P
Dec 25, 2015 10:37 PM

Feb 2011
If I had to place it as a type it would be an action romance type similar to Zero no Tsukaima with a true heroine with sub-heroines that have no shot but pander to multiple preferences.
Dec 26, 2015 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
That was a wonderful ending. Ikki was baddas as usual and his proposal was perfect. His father is surely mad so it's a perfect end.
Stella and Ikki are good protagonist, I really loved the development of their relationship. It's rare in this kind of show to have a beautiful romance like this one.
The fights were all impressives, thanks to the studio which is very good. This anime is one of my favorites of the season.
I hope to see a second season ! If a new season appears, I don't think it will be soon.
Ittou Shura !
SakaitsuDec 26, 2015 5:58 AM
Dec 26, 2015 6:17 AM

Jul 2007
dim100 said:
If I had to place it as a type it would be an action romance type similar to Zero no Tsukaima with a true heroine with sub-heroines that have no shot but pander to multiple preferences.

Not really. Cavlary already made more progress with romance than the whole ZNT ever did. The fact that in cavalry's case characters are also likeable helps a lot.
AhenshihaelDec 26, 2015 6:18 AM
Dec 26, 2015 9:11 AM

Jan 2012
just finished watching this series. i usually don't watch these types of shows as they are usually all same, but rakudai is an exception. Even though it got rushed in the last episodes 11 & 12, it was definitely enjoyable to watch. The fights were great and drifted away from some typical tropes. Cant wait for the second season.
isaychrisDec 26, 2015 9:14 AM
Dec 27, 2015 12:54 AM

Jul 2014
seriously tho, isnt it just a flawed system if you try to choose 6 strongest students as representatives with single match elimination tournaments?

Thanks to that, the student council president which would easily be among the strongest in the school is not part of the team.
How do I signature?
Dec 27, 2015 1:46 AM

Feb 2009
Second Season! Now!!!

Dec 27, 2015 7:52 AM

Jun 2015
Zettai-Ryouiki said:
Second Season! Now!!!

Gotta buy those LNs then ;P
Dec 27, 2015 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was alright. This anime seems so similar to some of the other anime I have seen this year. But the plots seemed interesting and so did the romance. But I was hoping a little more than the usual fighting against fellow schoolmates in an arena to compete against other schools kinda thing. The characters were okay but generic as always. The last fight was a letdown.
Overall 6 + 1 for action = 7/10
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

194 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.