Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2009 6:03 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this episode was pretty awesome, lots of action. All the strongest guys have gathered. I loved the look on zoro's face when he saw how badly injured Chopper was. I hope Priest Ohm gets whats coming to him. I think thats the final priest also. Gan fall and Wiper's fight is intense., i wonder how this whole clash will go down. It is certainly getting interesting.

I did not expect for nami to get swallowed by that python lol. At least she is with Luffy now though.

Jan 2, 2010 5:34 AM

Oct 2008
Woo, loving the fight. <33

And LOL @ Aisa and Nami getting swallowed by the python. X]

Well Nami will be happy since theres gold in there to keep her company.. oh and Luffy.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 9, 2010 4:13 AM

May 2008
Zoro and Wiper is in trouble, man poor Chopper

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 21, 2010 11:56 PM
Nov 2009
Luffy doesn't realize the 'cave' is really a giant python XD I'm sure Nami will punch him in the head sometime in the next episode XD. Ohm is so bad-ass! Can't wait to see him and Zoro battle it out more!

Mar 11, 2010 8:28 PM

Apr 2008
LOL now some others are also eaten

Mar 21, 2010 7:02 PM

Oct 2009
Ohm is clearly the highlight of the four priests. Great episode with lots of good action. At least Luffy won't be alone anymore :P

Also, where did the gauntlet go?
May 22, 2010 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
Now Nami can tell Luffy they're inside a giant snake!

That Wiper and Ohm assholes.. I wanna punch them in the face.

4/5
Jul 17, 2010 11:19 AM

Mar 2010
Zolo just needs to go crazy

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 6, 2010 9:26 PM

May 2010
now we got a pissed off zoro! ayhhooo! and nami is going to go crazy with the gold!
Mar 18, 2011 3:45 PM

Dec 2010
It's getting interesting, I hope Luffy gets out of that giant snake in the next episode
Jun 21, 2011 12:13 PM
Jun 2008
Luffy is being pretty useless the last 10 eps or so:P
Jul 2, 2011 4:20 AM

Aug 2010
well shit

so many things going on at once
Aug 16, 2011 7:19 AM

Aug 2010
hahaha that python was awesome, he was laughing! omg this episode was really crazy!
Poor Chopper, poor Zoro..but I think all these injuries are not so dangerous for such a tank =)
Aug 27, 2011 9:11 PM
Apr 2010
ugh.luffy in the snakes belly was getting old now we got 3 more in there? not funny anymore....other than that awsome episode
Jan 27, 2012 9:24 AM

Jan 2012
i love how it's become a free for all fight.

ALSO WIPER IS AN AN ASSHOLE. AN ASSWIPE. his running around mindlessly trying to kill everybody was already annoying me due to its strategic idiocy, but what kind of douchebag tells a little girl to get away and then shoots a giant beam at her without checking to see if she moved (which she didn't?) and then after the python eats them, he's all like "aisa!" LIKE HE WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED HER 2 SECONDS AGO WITHOUT INTERVENTION
Feb 16, 2012 2:09 PM

Jul 2011
Zoro is going to start cutting people up any minute now..
Apr 1, 2012 4:53 PM

Mar 2012
neenalie said:

ALSO WIPER IS AN AN ASSHOLE. AN ASSWIPE. his running around mindlessly trying to kill everybody was already annoying me due to its strategic idiocy, but what kind of douchebag tells a little girl to get away and then shoots a giant beam at her without checking to see if she moved (which she didn't?) and then after the python eats them, he's all like "aisa!" LIKE HE WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED HER 2 SECONDS AGO WITHOUT INTERVENTION

this
Jul 19, 2012 10:11 AM

Feb 2012
Really cool scene when Zoro God and Wiper took out all three sheep at the same time.
Feb 2, 2013 2:52 AM

Jan 2013
Luffy won't be alone this time :P
Apr 9, 2013 2:27 PM
Jan 2013
GodotCoffee said:
Really cool scene when Zoro God and Wiper took out all three sheep at the same time.

I couldn't agree more
Jul 1, 2014 6:43 AM

Oct 2013
GodotCoffee said:
U mean goats.

Apr 28, 2015 9:41 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, Wiper has totally lost it.
GodotCoffee said:
agreed x)
May 1, 2015 2:02 PM

Aug 2011
now it's an old thread but OH MY GOD, I hate Wiper so much.
May 4, 2015 5:02 PM

Jan 2012
OiAaron said:
neenalie said:

this

I'm laughing and agreeing.

Also eyerolling when Ohm said his dog was disciplined into a prizefighter.

I don't think Luffy will have a take in this battle, but I do wish that Oda wouldn't use the "he's still stuck in the snake" bit as an excuse. Ah well. He'll be out as soon as he knows what's up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2015 7:58 AM

May 2014
Hahhahaha onii Wiper, onii!
Sep 7, 2015 1:17 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Big meeting inside the python XD

Dec 31, 2015 12:44 PM
Mar 2013
If the Shandians live right by the Giant Jack can't they just scale it to reach God's shrine? ....
Feb 28, 2016 1:19 PM

May 2013
I always appreciate Zoro X Chopper bonding <3

TTuTT

ZAYUM, all 3 attacked those lamb Enforcers. HELL YEAH. That was boss.
Apr 1, 2016 11:58 AM

Jun 2015
That stupid priest I want to see him defeated
Jul 16, 2016 5:47 PM

Mar 2015
Nice action in this one, in fact it's always nice when Zoro is involved

Looks like it's a good thing Nami got swallowed by the snake if it means Luffy can now get out
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 14, 2017 9:50 AM

Dec 2016
Aw shit an all out slugfest is about to be pretty sweet
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 12, 2017 2:45 AM

Mar 2012
Wyper is such an annoying twat. You don't start shit with random people just because they're outsiders, especially when you have a common enemy.
Aug 27, 2017 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
I like Ohm, Wyper is starting to annoy me though
Apr 28, 2018 11:17 PM

Jun 2016
It seems Luffy is stuck in the snake so he'll be okay when it's time to 1v1 Eneru, vaguely like the times where he was stuck in the water so he could 1v1 Arlong, and the time where he was sucked of all hydration and fell asleep so he could get the final fight with Crocodile to himself. Come on, let's let someone else get the glory one of these times instead of making an excuse where Luffy is locked away and can't fight but strong enough to come out to win. It's another convenient excuse like the one where they all split up, that only works a couple times before it becomes evident and feels forced and contrived. Who knows, maybe they'll actually do something crazy with this one and subvert my expectations.

What is true is that this arcs fights, well not having amazing opponents, are really unique for One Piece. Zoro vs ranged, Chopper and Robbin 1v1, Nami and Gan Fall 2v2, and now a free for all! That's cool.

Zoro was hurt by finding Chopper's body, you could see how close they've grown from his face alone. The way they keep changing targets is fun. I do wonder one thing though... wasn't Zoro's leg shot in the Brahman fight!? I know he's like a superhuman but really, he's able to move like he is now??? Maybe it was grazed or something.
Looking back it seems that it was a big enough wound to prevent him from making large leaps and such but not moving around, so it didn't break its logic yet. I suppose we can say Zoro is just that manly, he can tank a bullet wound to the leg and act like it's nothing until he pushes it too far.

Conis wondering about the crews safety, and Nami's response with a smile that "Don't worry, our crew will be fine", is the most admirable trust. <3 I love that trope in One Piece or even in Saint Seiya where no matter how horrible a situation is you trust your team to make it out okay!

So five people will be left standing... people we know are standing now and are relevant = Laki, Wyper, Nami, Zoro, Luffy, Robbin, Ohm, Holy, Eneru, Gan Fall, Pierre, Aisa(Conis and Pagoya aren't on the island). Going off of this I predict that Laki, Pierre, Holy and Ohm will definitely fall. I would suggest Aisa is likely to make it because she's a kid, but as we've seen already in Alabasta- kids can get messed up in this show! Luffy and Eneru will almost definitely be two of the five.
So, thinking of it that way I think the likely candidates are: Luffy, Eneru, Wyper, Nami, Zoro, Robbin, Gan Fall, Aisa.
To condense the list even further, I assume we don't need Zoro or Nami or Wyper or Gan Fall in the final battle. Robbin is alone where she is so there aren't many threats towards her. Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if the final 5 are Luffy, Robbin, Eneru, Nami, and Aisa. That is if his prophecy is truly correct. Another way it could go however is those swallowed could come out alive, which is mostly what I've predicted, however it would include Gan Fall, Pierre, Nami, Aisa, Luffy which means one would have to fall!

Another thing I realized was that despite comparing Skypiea to Alabasta where we saw a war over a rebellion and someone trying to usurp the king, this time we have somebody already in charge and corrupt. And instead of seeing a war slowly build up and trying to stop it, finally fighting another fight over a war going on in the background, Skypiea has shown us the start of the war, and the war itself in detail! We even got a sad panning shot of all the fallen people on both sides this episode. Crocodile being so similar to Eneru is a bit of a problem though. These two arcs are similar in subject matter but actually quite different in execution!

Holy the boxing dog is hilarious. I can't wait for Nami to find Luffy in the snakes belly and scream at him for not noticing where he was this whole time!
Apr 22, 2020 12:53 AM

May 2016
Sanji and Usopp might've been fried but seeing Chopper in such a brutalized state made me feel more bad for him than anyone else so far...

Seriously, Wyper is such a bastard! He didn't even hesitate to attempt to vaporize Nami while Aisa was with her and he had the audacity to show concern when she gets swallowed by the giant snake right after. Like, really?

May 14, 2021 12:41 PM

Jun 2019
Luffy is not just making me laugh but the damn snake as well. LMAO
Jul 16, 2022 7:21 AM

Oct 2019
Even more people are in the snake now XD
Aug 3, 2022 5:56 AM

Dec 2018
i really wish they'd learn their lesson about splitting up all the damn time
Aug 26, 2022 3:30 PM
Feb 2021
I was pretty good not bad at all
Apr 24, 2023 5:06 AM
Oct 2019
Luffy still have no idea šŸ¤£

Wyper really shot the Bazooka towards Nami and Aisha... Wtf
Jul 6, 2023 9:10 AM
Nov 2021
they gonna finally meet luffy
Oct 5, 2023 4:50 AM

May 2019
Well that was super intense.
Nov 10, 2023 11:48 PM
Oct 2020
Lol this episode. Can't believe the way it ended.

I also can't believe Wiper shot at Nami and Aisa... despite literally wanting to protect Aisa. I get being distrustful, but like what put Aisa in more danger in the process? I feel like he's so extreme in how much he distrusts anyone who's not a Shanandorian.
Dec 8, 2023 9:02 PM
Oct 2022
The expression of Zoro's face, Ohm really drew the line with his comments shading our boy Chopper!
Feb 19, 10:48 PM
May 2017
I don't like the choreography one bit.
Mar 18, 9:49 AM

Jun 2017
Wyper my man F them everybody.Liking Baldie's design ,he looks badass.
Mar 23, 1:18 AM
Mar 2024
Honestly, I wish Oda used "Luffy is stuck" less in the story. Since we need to position all the characters before Luffy's final fight, he has been stuck inside the python for the last few episodes as some of the crew members had more than one encounter, like Nami, Zoro and Chopper. I still love the chaotic nature of OP arcs, and I love that Oda explores different scenarios back to back in the battles, but sometimes he has to stall Luffy for long periods of time to do that, and that feels... jarring. One set of characters moving super fast meanwhile the others are super slow.

Anyway now that some sensible people were also swallowed by the python, he might get out soon. Also I loved Zoro's caring nature with Chopper. Looking forward to big bro delivering some justice.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you some day completely rewatch OP?

Zimmu - Mar 13

41 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 357 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

45 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 356 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 4, 2008

56 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 353 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Netforce - May 12, 2008

75 by bakakisima »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 982 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Byakuya692 »»
5 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.