Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2009 10:57 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First half was a little bit cliche (still, it was in the manga anyway) but second half was awesome with the appearance of Asmita.

They really made the voice of Asmita very fitting to him. Awesome episode as always.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 25, 2009 3:47 PM

May 2009
Wakka I wonder did u watch ENG sub?
Join now Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas Fan-Club
Dec 25, 2009 5:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
JustLegend said:
Wakka I wonder did u watch ENG sub?

Nope. Chinese sub was faster.

EDIT: I'm reading lost canvas volume 18 (chapter 151) right now. The end of episode 8 is chapter 34 of the first chapter of volume 5 so they are doing 2 OVA/volume. Judging there are 13 episodes for this first season, they may want ot slow down and end with volume 6. Or, they may want to compress Kagaho vs. Rasgado into one episode and introduce Cancer Manigoldo. I doubt that though. They will likely do a second season directly following the first. As with the story right now, 20 volumes is possible.
wakka9caDec 25, 2009 6:13 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 26, 2009 1:55 PM

Apr 2009
The part when Alone come to see Tenma was a bit...strange...but the rest of the episode was really well!!
Dec 27, 2009 5:42 AM

Sep 2007
YEY for the Cerberus ! :D
ASMITA ! YOU RULEZ !
Dec 28, 2009 1:44 AM

Jul 2009
Wahh Virgo..he is scary
LaevanteinDec 28, 2009 2:20 AM
Dec 28, 2009 8:26 AM

Dec 2008
the Asmita guy was strange.

I hope the next ep will come out soon.
Saint Seiya is more enjoyable for me when I can watch 2-3 eps in one go.

@wakka9ca
thx for exlaining which chapter is the end of ep 8 ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2009 3:39 PM

Oct 2007
Thx for the info, Wakka9ca.

I love how Asmita saying "Kan" LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 29, 2009 8:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Siva said:
Thx for the info, Wakka9ca.

I love how Asmita saying "Kan" LOL

I love how he says "Tenbu Hourin" lol.

Here is some eye candy: the Virgo armor (on Shaka though, but they look too similar...)

http://www.burningblood.it/saintseiya/fanart-images/ss-hc2-shaka.jpg
wakka9caDec 29, 2009 8:43 PM
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jan 1, 2010 1:44 PM

May 2009
very good episode,

Asmita is realy great saint. well, look of new virgo cloth changed, i think i prefered previous Shakas cloth.

My rating: 4/5
Join now Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas Fan-Club
Feb 3, 2010 5:45 AM

Jun 2009
lol perfect epi *-*
Cerberus, Asmita lol

Jul 7, 2010 9:54 AM

Apr 2009
Strange episode, Hades should know that Tenma wants to destroy that tree. Still, he let's him pass like that..
Feb 18, 2012 11:29 AM

Aug 2011
This one really isn't my dish. I dropped it after this episode...
Jun 10, 2014 5:54 AM

Jun 2012
Asmita is so much more overwhelming than Shaka. Although, I think he's trying to do what Shaka did with Ikki, by driving Tenma to his limits he'll make awaken the seventh sense.

And how does Asmita know all this about Pegasus, Athena, and Hades? Is he also like Shaka? Is he Buddha's reincarnation? So does he have access to the knowledge of the past? And why does Hades have such a shitty memory? In the Ovas he was like "Yes I remember now there was a pegasus once who injured me." If this happens every 200 or so years how does he forget so quickly? Because in the movie overture Artemis said "a human life to a god is no more than the time it takes to blink", so if the avg human life is about 80 years then that should have been 3 blinks, I rounded up b/c you cant have half a blink. Now she didnt mean that literally b/c as she said that she blink 2 times and a century didnt instantly pass by. But still how could he forget the reason why he hid his body in Elysium? And especially if he fights pegasus every 200 years. He might as well be Hades's rival. Hmm... I'll just pretend everything in the original series is not canon and this is the "real" series; its better anyways.
Sol_OuJun 10, 2014 6:14 AM
May 22, 2017 10:25 AM

Aug 2016
Yeah sure Hades is suposed to be this Op entity and he doesen't even try to stop them.
go ahead stop my plan i've worked on for such a long time i don't mind.

Perhaps Alone isen't 100% Hades yet and he subconsciously makes this decisions.
Sep 21, 2017 3:20 PM
Feb 2017
It is sad there is no more series, i'm crying.
So I want to continue and read manga, which chapter is as anime 26 episode?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2018 8:59 AM

Jul 2013
Yes, I was right when I thought that the reason why Tenma, Yato and Yuzuriha went to the Underworld was to take the fruits of the Tree of Paradise, since it was a "really important task" needed to kill the Specters for good. Glad to see my memory hasn't failed me.

And they found Cerberus. I'm glad this time he looks like a proper dog instead of the thing who appeared in the classic series, who looked like a dinosaur. Fucking Yato, at the end, he always need help to beat someone xD
That confrontation of Tenma and Alone, full of dem yaoi undertones. To be honest, for being both enemies and having Tenma rejecting the offer of Alone of joining his army, he sure took the rejection quite well.

Two new Gold Saints appears, one being Taurus Aldebaran (with his epic Sugita voice) and the other being Virgo Asmita, who in first sight, looks like a jerk who has betrayed Athena and says some infodump about the importance of the Pegasus Saint in the past Holy Wars (also referencing some of the events of the Hades arc in the original series) while giving a severe beatdown to Tenma.

Asmita really looks like a self-rightous asshole this episode (of course, once you know his true intentions, things change a bit, but still), but one can't negate he is also incredibly badass, like all the Gold Saints, and more being a Virgo Saint.

I have a very curious story with this episode, and is that this was the first episode I watched of Lost Canvas. I remember to have watched it when Animax was airing it, and I found the episode while I was zapping in the TV, and, at first, watching the scene of Asmita vs Tenma, I thought it was a reboot of the original Saint Seiya series and I thought it was a Shaka vs Seiya (doesn't helps Asmita is basically Shaka in another artstyle, even for the standards of the Gold Saints of LC). Then, when their names were revealed, I was quite confused. Months after that, I informed myself about the series and I got all the clues. I was so ignorant back in time...
Jun 22, 2021 2:03 AM

Apr 2013
Is being a entitled, super-condescending asshole a requirement for being Virgo Saints? Because fucking hell, the two i have seen are both whose faces I want to see punched in.

But of course that won't happen courtesy of them being Virgo Saints and their enlightenment bullshit.
Hell, Shaka was almost nigh useless throughout SS when on the heroes side, yet he is the only gold saint who didn't have an actual proper loss against his name.
The one against Saga, Shura and Camus doesn't count because that was 3 v 1 and he was handily kicking their asses before they were forced to use their forbidden technique. And even that got fucking revealed as something he had planned for. Fuxking Shaka.

TL;DR - I fucking despise Shaka. And Asmita looks like he's ready to make it a Virgo saint thing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 9 Discussion

wakka9ca - Feb 26, 2010

15 by Cosenza »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:17 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 8 Discussion

wakka9ca - Dec 25, 2009

21 by Cosenza »»
Oct 15, 2022 8:02 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 4 Discussion

JustLegend - Aug 26, 2009

21 by Cosenza »»
Oct 12, 2022 10:11 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 13 Discussion

wakka9ca - May 2, 2010

22 by bushman66 »»
Mar 21, 2022 5:34 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 11 Discussion

wakka9ca - May 2, 2010

7 by bushman66 »»
Mar 21, 2022 5:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.