Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 18, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 2012
I am old enough to drink but I do not like the taste at all therefore it is a No for me.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Nov 18, 2015 9:50 AM

Oct 2015
I do, I'm mostly a social drinker but sometimes I like to relax and take a couple beers after bath or after cleaning my apartment.
Nov 18, 2015 9:50 AM

Dec 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Pretty rarely. If I am ever out I am usually driving and I can't consume any alcohol while driving.
+1
Nov 18, 2015 10:05 AM

May 2015
Brandon0417 said:
Seiya said:

You don't need to drink to socialize.

Of course not, but when you go out to have a good time with friends why not? To each their own. It seems to lighten people up as well as work as a sort of confidence booster, to us it's a known as "liquid courage". >.>

Though, I am not for getting wasted. Ain't no time for dat.

Getting tipsy generally makes any social event more fun. It helps you get more loose.

Being wasted is for morons.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 18, 2015 10:42 AM

Feb 2008
I stopped drinking a few months ago and have zero plans to ever get back into it. Hangovers are awful, and relying on drugs to have fun is beyond stupid in my eyes. Most of the time you just blurt out stupid crap and make a fool of yourself, anyway. I'm done with it.
Nov 18, 2015 12:05 PM

Aug 2011
Yes, I drink and I don't care.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Nov 18, 2015 12:06 PM
Jun 2011
shiroyume said:
What don't you care about?
Nov 18, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
CondemneDio said:
Nah, it's poison.

So is staring at artificial light i.e. being on the computer.

Harmful? Maybe.
Poison? Nah, look up the definition :D
Nov 18, 2015 2:32 PM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

So is staring at artificial light i.e. being on the computer.

Harmful? Maybe.
Poison? Nah, look up the definition :D

How do you define poison, then?

How harmful is a cup of wine or beer?
Nov 18, 2015 3:43 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty sure there is a club for MAL's alcoholics.
I don't drink because I'm underage and a law abiding citizen. Ain't nobody got time for run-ins w the law
Nov 18, 2015 4:39 PM

Nov 2012
The questions is, does alcohol drink me?
Nov 18, 2015 4:41 PM

May 2015
^^^
Niki said:
Nov 19, 2015 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:

There's the definition.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/poison

Alcohol is poisonous -> poison is harmful -> alcohol is harmful
Easy as that.
Nov 19, 2015 12:50 AM

Jul 2012
Niki said:
That's deep.

TheBrainintheJar said:
Getting tipsy generally makes any social event more fun. It helps you get more loose.

I don't want to blurt out stupid shit though?
Nov 19, 2015 12:50 AM

Oct 2013
Yes, I like to get drunk since it feels good but I don't drink very often

mayukachan said:
hoopla123 said:

No cuz it feels good.

Smoking is the literal definition of do it to fit in.

Alcohol and drugs makes you feel good.

Every unhealthy thing you try is because you were pressured into it. Not because you wanted to do it.
Those are bold assumptions
Nov 19, 2015 12:51 AM

Jul 2012
UnoPuntoCinco said:
mayukachan said:

Every unhealthy thing you try is because you were pressured into it. Not because you wanted to do it.
True, I take it back since it depends on each person. But "Brandon0417" drinks to fit in.
Nov 19, 2015 12:51 AM
Mar 2011
I am finnish.
Nov 19, 2015 12:55 AM

Jan 2013
sanemurzu said:
I am finnish.

So am I, but I don't drink alcohol.
Nov 19, 2015 12:57 AM

Jun 2015
sometimes not really.
I avoid it cuz the hangovers are so shitty
Nov 19, 2015 1:00 AM

Aug 2009
Alcohol fucks up my gains, it's expensive, addictive, can make you do and say stupid shit and yeah I don't see the point.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 19, 2015 1:04 AM

Oct 2013
mayukachan said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
True, I take it back since it depends on each person. But "Brandon0417" drinks to fit in.
that may be one of the reasons (most people do something to be part of something anyway) but not the only one
Nov 19, 2015 1:04 AM

Feb 2013
Only socially. Even then its because other people are drinking as well.
Nov 19, 2015 2:13 AM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

There's the definition.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/poison

Alcohol is poisonous -> poison is harmful -> alcohol is harmful
Easy as that.

The slang expression doesn't count. It's not the scientific definition.

Everything causes harm in large quantities. If alcohol is poison, what's the the harm in drinking one cup of beer for example?

mayukachan said:
Niki said:
That's deep.

TheBrainintheJar said:

I don't want to blurt out stupid shit though?

What's wrong with blurting stupid shit? It makes for a good laugh. Getting tipsy (=one or two cups of beer, 330 Ml.) will make it easier for you to come up with such stuff. It doesn't spin you out of control - that's a scare tactic.
Nov 19, 2015 2:20 AM
Aug 2013
Occasionally.
Nov 19, 2015 2:26 AM

Jan 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:

Everything causes harm in large quantities. If alcohol is poison, what's the the harm in drinking one cup of beer for example?

I wasn't talking about the slang, silly you.

Alcohol is poison, drinking it poisons you. One cup of beer poisons you less than 100. It is still poison.
It clouds your mind, makes you do stupid things you otherwise wouldn't and is detrimental to your health.
Nov 19, 2015 2:28 AM

Jul 2012
TheBrainintheJar said:
What's wrong with blurting stupid shit?
I like to be able to control what I say and not offend anyone.
Nov 19, 2015 2:37 AM

May 2015
No, I have drank before but never gotten wasted.

It's pretty stupid but most people do it to fit in however I do know of cases where people truly just enjoy alcohol.
Nov 19, 2015 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
Yes, I do. Alcoholic beverages taste good.
Being tipsy makes things more fun. Being drunk is fun. Waking up the next morning is not fun.

People who don't drink saying drinking is stupid are stupid. Though, I understand that looking down on other people while feeling superior is fun. Just not as fun as drinking.
Nov 19, 2015 3:49 AM

Oct 2015
RodLazer said:

People who don't drink saying drinking is stupid are stupid.

Nov 19, 2015 3:53 AM
Oct 2015
more than i'd like to admit but at least i have self control
Nov 19, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2013
There's a difference between drinking to get drunk, and drinking because it tastes good. I started drinking because I liked the taste of alcoholic beverages. I hardly drink enough to get drunk, well I've always had a high tolerance so it fits well.

sanemurzu said:
I am finnish.

I guess the same is true for most European countries, we tend to have a strong connection to alcohol, historically seen due to alcoholic beverages being "cleaner" than water in the Middle Ages. It's been ingrained since then. Though I guess for northern countries it's due to alcohol's low freezing point.
Nov 19, 2015 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
lol I thought this thread was locked.

marcellzzz said:
RodLazer said:

People who don't drink saying drinking is stupid are stupid.
Elaborate.
Nov 19, 2015 4:22 AM

Jan 2013
shotz_ said:
_Ghost_ said:
There's a difference between drinking to get drunk, and drinking because it tastes good.
why not both? best of both worlds.

I guess I should change that to drinking to puke. I really don't get that at all.

Edit:

Onii-chan said:
lol I thought this thread was locked.

Good thing we have lock symbols now to clear that up.
Nov 19, 2015 4:46 AM

Jul 2012
Onii-chan said:
marcellzzz said:
Elaborate.
"I like drinking and I hate people who dislike it! They're just virgins (drinking specifically) and can't appreciate the art of alcohol."
Nov 19, 2015 4:58 AM

Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
Onii-chan said:
Elaborate.
"I like drinking and I hate people who dislike it! They're just virgins (drinking specifically) and can't appreciate the art of alcohol."

I don't hate people who don't drink. I dislike people who don't drink and call people who drink stupid. Getting all high and mighty for not drinking and insulting other people is disgusting. Simply disgusting.

Simply. Disgusting.
Nov 19, 2015 5:01 AM

Jul 2012
RodLazer said:
Getting all high and mighty for not drinking and insulting other people is disgusting..
But nobody is acting like that?

I don't see why it's wrong that some people dislike drinking and think it's stupid to do so. Let them think that. You do you.
Nov 19, 2015 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
Nobody said "people who drink alcohol is stupid", that's different from "I think that drinking is stupid".
Nov 19, 2015 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
I always wanted to try Champagne, but too expensive for, me not worth It.
Nov 19, 2015 9:53 AM

Aug 2011
helion1 said:
shiroyume said:
What don't you care about?

Neither my liver or what non-drinkers think about it.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Nov 19, 2015 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
I'll be legal to drink in about a week. Until then I'll continue staying away from bars and drinking where I can't be judged. :P
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 19, 2015 10:08 AM

Oct 2012
no.
if it's about "loosening up" on parties I can do that naturally.

Nov 19, 2015 10:09 AM

May 2009
crashinho said:
i don't, it basically kills you.

A little amount of alchohol (one glass a day) lessens the odds of getting getting heart attacks, ischemic stroke, eripheral vascular disease, death from all cardiovascular causes or sudden cardiac death. So no it doesn't kill you unless you drink TOO much in a period of time.

I drink a glass of wine here and there, I prefer them strawberry flavored.
Nov 19, 2015 10:23 AM
Apr 2015
Yes. I only get drunk occasionally though.
"If I could just get one wish, I would like a pair of wings. Please give me white wings, on my back like a bird. I want to spread my wings and fly, across this wide open sky. Without any sadness, fly towards the free sky. I want to flap my wings and fly."
Nov 19, 2015 12:47 PM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I wasn't talking about the slang, silly you.

Alcohol is poison, drinking it poisons you. One cup of beer poisons you less than 100. It is still poison.
It clouds your mind, makes you do stupid things you otherwise wouldn't and is detrimental to your health.

I drank plenty of times a single cup of beer. I didn't lose control. My mind wasn't clouded. At worst, I got a little tipsy and felt freer saying stupid things. That was a lot of fun. How is a single cup detrimental to your health?

mayukachan said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
What's wrong with blurting stupid shit?
I like to be able to control what I say and not offend anyone.

I understand this fear. I have it too. You need to drink a certain amount before you truly lose single. A pint of beer, a shot of whisky won't make you lose control.
Nov 19, 2015 12:53 PM

Jan 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:

I drank plenty of times a single cup of beer. I didn't lose control. My mind wasn't clouded. At worst, I got a little tipsy and felt freer saying stupid things. That was a lot of fun. How is a single cup detrimental to your health?

Dude, let's not start this again :D
I said it before; alcohol is poisonous so even a single cup or sip is poisonous and bad for you. I don't get why people keep drinking it.
Nov 19, 2015 4:17 PM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I said it before; alcohol is poisonous so even a single cup or sip is poisonous and bad for you. I don't get why people keep drinking it.

I care about the dose. People can die because of drinking too much water, but does that make water poison?

Yes, let's start this again. I enjoy arguing with you. For all our disagreements, we can exchange 15 posts without calling each other idiots. I won't let this opportunity get away!
Nov 19, 2015 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
CondemneDio said:

I care about the dose. People can die because of drinking too much water, but does that make water poison?

Yes, let's start this again. I enjoy arguing with you. For all our disagreements, we can exchange 15 posts without calling each other idiots. I won't let this opportunity get away!

Haha :D
Nov 20, 2015 2:34 AM

May 2015
shotz_ said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I understand this fear. I have it too. You need to drink a certain amount before you truly lose single. A pint of beer, a shot of whisky won't make you lose control.
the thing about alcohol is that it doesn't make you do things you'd "never do" per se. it only lowers you inhibitions. anything you do or say drunk, you've probably already thought about while sober. this is why it's total bullshit when people use drunkeness as an excuse for bad choices.

so if you are comfortable with your inner thoughts and compulsions, there's really nothing to fear. i've said embarassing shit plenty of times while drunk, but i also never have an inclination to say offensive or malicious shit because i don't have have those kinds of opinions in the first place. so no one cares about anything i've ever said drunk.

This is a better description. Stuff you do when drunk is stuff you want to do anyway. Alcohol just lowers your restraints.

Which is good moderately.
Nov 20, 2015 2:35 AM

Aug 2013
i don't trust people who never drink for some reason
Nov 20, 2015 2:42 AM

Jul 2015
I hate bitter stuff.Also I'm Muslim .

If I wasn't I think I'd try red wine .Someone told me it was sweet .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

27 by Dracowyn »»
1 hour ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.