Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 14, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ritsuka sure is attracting some unusual guys in her life tbh..

I find Shiki to be the strangest of the bunch with his personality:

I think she is lucky that Mage was with her this episode. Could of been much worse. Oh I think the show is still using its stylistic music even during that fight scene with doll metaphors.
Oct 14, 2015 8:29 AM

Nov 2007
Kaichou's song (character song instead of musical collection) when fighting, I was not expected because the musical collection cd hasn't updated it yet. ED was alright. Main girl's brother's back when they are back from searching mother.

It seems like Kaichou's way to get her is not obvious (just helping her out) while other council members are more direct.
tsubasaloverOct 22, 2015 6:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 14, 2015 9:50 AM

Jun 2015
surprised that he didnt manage to get her to stay at his house, at least he let her decide where she wanted to stay while her mum was gone..
episode was okay i guess. only time it really had my attention was when they were having food in the limo.. coz i was hungry lol.
Will wait and see what her bro does/says next week before deciding to drop this... kinda feel safer for her with her bro around.
The insert song was a little cheesy, but still alright.

Oct 14, 2015 9:55 AM

Feb 2013
Oh my gosh, Shiki's scene xD that rapist face!
Oct 14, 2015 10:23 AM

Feb 2015
That insert song and dance felt odd. The music is fine as it is but the musical thing just doesn't work for this show.
Oct 14, 2015 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Shiki has a strange personality.

Rem's song when he was fighting the devils was nice.
Oct 14, 2015 11:05 AM

Jun 2013
what's the point of the music anyway
Oct 14, 2015 11:12 AM
Mar 2010
I think the music is great. Cheesy, yeah, but still enjoyable. Ritsuka was a bit weaker in this episode but that's understandable considering everything that happened to her. She still pushed the muscle dude away.

I can't wait for Urie's episode~
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 14, 2015 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
yeah, the insert song felt kind of odd in this episode....
tbh, so far i like ritsuka as a character more than any of the guys in this show. lol
Oct 14, 2015 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
The song when he started fighting was.. really weird lol.. It's misplaced tbh. But aside that, really loved the episode. 4/5.
Oct 14, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
I just love how Rem doesn't like mushrooms. We share the same opinion about those. I see she is becoming closer with the student council president, which we don't know for sure which species he is (a devil perhaps? lol xD)
That fight scene felt blunt, instead of action we got dancing and a song (which wasn't bad actually but stil...).
My first impression was that Hatano Wataru's voice felt out of place. Someone else's voice would suit her brother more.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Oct 14, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
Wincest route please.
Oct 14, 2015 12:11 PM

Sep 2010
I just burst out laughing when the insert song played. The musical scenes are out of place compared to the show's serious atmosphere. The arrival of the older brother officially starts the reverse harem now.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 14, 2015 12:38 PM

Sep 2014
I dont if its just me, but when they talk to each other (like when they were eating in the car) theres always a long pause before the person speaks. It makes the whole scene not flow smoothly and feels quite boring.

I do like how they insert the song during the fight scene.
Oct 14, 2015 12:45 PM

Oct 2015
I dont know what to think about this show. One the one hand I like the characters. They seem to be some crazy bunch of guys. Shiki is my favourite beside Rem. I also like how this little puppy (Loewen, right?) seems to hate the guys and especially Shiki. That was so funny xD

But the musical part .. I mean the music as he walked into the kitchen and this guy appeared was strange enough but then suddenly he sung and danced. It felt really odd though the song was nice.

I also thought that there was no real connection between them standing in front of the closed door and then suddenly seeing those flames. For me the animation wasnt well done in this part.

Aaaaand last but not least I do like the relationship between Rem and Ritsuka. She cares for him, asks question and all that and he is like "eh .. yep". Just too cute :D
I am not sure what to think of the VA for Ritsukas Brother. He sounds a bit too .. old? mature? for him, I'd guess but I still love her brother xD
Oct 14, 2015 1:03 PM

Dec 2012
I like that at least it's trying to be unique with those musical parts

I declare myself nicely surprised because I didn't know Saito Soma can sing so well lol

Welp,I liked Shiki the most at first but now he's just the typical creep of a reverse harem
Oct 14, 2015 1:27 PM

Feb 2010
when i was expecting to see decent fighting scene he just started singing there -____-
Oct 14, 2015 1:55 PM

Dec 2011
Just like most, I don't really like the song xD More like, it didn't feel right where they put it xD
Other than that, I think it's enjoyable
Oct 14, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
Hope this gets better. Boring as hell.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 14, 2015 3:40 PM

Sep 2014
Musical part was laughable.
I'm going to try to remember the main characters' name is Ritsuka, although this hasn't been very memorable.
Oct 14, 2015 4:12 PM

May 2011
Very soap opera-ish

loved the part at the end. BIG BROTHER ARRIVES..

Oct 14, 2015 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
I think I'm in the minority 'cause my favorite part of the episode was the nonsensical musical moment, but, in large part because such musical moments aren't scattered throughout the episode, it felt way out of place and I understand why most people didn't like it--I didn't care for the episode overall (thought it was just ok), so, when that musical ridiculousness happened, I was basically thinking, "This is just too crazy...I love it! Why can't there be more of this nonsense?!"
Oct 14, 2015 4:50 PM

Jul 2012
The pacing is so slow =w= I kinda got bored until they went to the Grandpa's house and got raided by vamps. Hopefully more stuff happens~

F___ said:
I fucking love the OP and ED songs. My favorite ones this season ♥
Same!!

Ritshiro said:
Oh my gosh, Shiki's scene xD that rapist face!

HAHAHAH
Oct 14, 2015 5:40 PM

Aug 2011
Im sorry but why... why....... do they have to sing? pls no. Made me loose all hope for this show in a matter of seconds. Oooh im a scary demon, I sing while i fight. rly?
Oct 14, 2015 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
LOL I lost it when he started to sing in the middle of the battle XD It kind reminds me of disney movies, when the villain sings.
Well, enjoying it so far, let's see how it goes. (:

Oct 14, 2015 6:47 PM

Oct 2014
I definitely like the background music for this series. I really like the OP and ED but they could do a better job at transitioning into the songs during the episode
[center]
Oct 14, 2015 6:53 PM

Jun 2014
ONII-CHAN ONII-CHAN ONII-CHAN!
Oct 14, 2015 7:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The musical scene definitely felt random, but at least I enjoyed the song. Saito Soma's performance as Rem has been really great so far since he usually doesn't use such a deep voice, but I think it works well. Story wise though, it's alright. It does feel on the slow side, but now that Ritsuka's brother is back, it might go faster. Idk, just random assumption.
Oct 14, 2015 7:10 PM

Jul 2012
tingy said:
The musical scene definitely felt random, but at least I enjoyed the song. Saito Soma's performance as Rem has been really great so far since he usually doesn't use such a deep voice, but I think it works well.
Ye! I liked the song too. Probably my fav Saito Soma song so far c:
Oct 14, 2015 7:14 PM

Aug 2015
The entire ep I was wondering when they were going to break out into song. It was an odd transition and made me laugh but I still enjoyed it. Saito Soma can sing. I am warming up to Rem more but the brother is definitely the easiest on the eyes for me even though his voice seems a bit off to me.
Oct 14, 2015 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
F___ said:
tingy said:
Story wise though, it's alright. It does feel on the slow side, but now that Ritsuka's brother is back, it might go faster. Idk, just random assumption.

I hope the story picks up soon, but I think the actual plot will probably kick in once every guy gets his own respective episode with the heroine.
Probably. I think they will follow what the typical singing anime does. If they break that cliche, that's great.
Oct 14, 2015 7:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
mayukachan said:
Ye! I liked the song too. Probably my fav Saito Soma song so far c:

Same X)
F___ said:

I hope the story picks up soon, but I think the actual plot will probably kick in once every guy gets his own respective episode with the heroine.

You know what, you're probably right. Somehow I keep forgetting about the three guys in the student council. Then it'll probably take another 4 episodes...
Oct 14, 2015 7:26 PM

Aug 2015
tingy said:

Noticed that most users think Wataru doesn't fit her brother. How old is he supposed to be, anyway? I personally think it's fitting. Can't say the same about Shiki's voice even though i like his VA a lot.

I'm going to give him a chance to grown on me. As for Shiki, every time he speaks I just think of Laito from Diabolik Lovers since they share a VA. Kind of ruins it for me since I can't stand that character in that show.
Oct 14, 2015 7:30 PM

Jul 2012
F___ said:
Noticed that most users think Wataru doesn't fit her brother. How old is he supposed to be, anyway? I personally think it's fitting. Can't say the same about Shiki's voice even though i like his VA a lot.

The issue is that the brother looks like an Ayato clone (the one from Dialovers) so I keep on expecting something who's not as deep sounding and more sultry, like Saito's character. Out of all the characters, I can only say Saito fits his well as well as Kondou's. Shiki needs a more shota voice like Yuki Kaji. Mage needs someone like Suwabe or Maeno.
Oct 14, 2015 7:42 PM

Aug 2015
mayukachan said:

The issue is that the brother looks like an Ayato clone (the one from Dialovers) so I keep on expecting something who's not as deep sounding and more sultry, like Saito's character. Out of all the characters, I can only say Saito fits his well as well as Kondou's. Shiki needs a more shota voice like Yuki Kaji. Mage needs someone like Suwabe or Maeno.

I like where you went with this. If Mage were voiced by Suwabe it would be a done deal for me. I can't resist that mans voice. Love him.
Oct 14, 2015 7:53 PM

Jun 2014
Really enjoying this anime! The song during the fight was odd, but overall I love the different personalities of our devils.

Shiki is rather creepy, and I can't wait til she finds out the pomeranian isn't really a dog.

Big Bro is finally home and I can't wait to see what he brings to all this madness!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 14, 2015 8:00 PM

Jul 2012
A shota voice for Shiki O.o? Come on, he doesn't look young for his age like Kanato lol
He gives off huge yandere vibes xD And he looks like the youngest in the group. And not necessarily shota, but Yuki Kaji-esque.

Mage does sound ok but I think an A+ voice would make me like him more. He does have the long blonde hair, after all.

I do agree that Wataru gives onii-san feels tho! I hope I'll get used to it xD
Oct 14, 2015 8:09 PM

Aug 2015
CeissaDesiste said:

Shiki is rather creepy, and I can't wait til she finds out the pomeranian isn't really a dog.

I'm seriously wondering about that dog. He is suspicious and quite jealous. He is a fuzzy land shark though so I guess jealousy isn't too far fetched.
Oct 14, 2015 9:07 PM

Mar 2015
So many guys fawning over her. Music scenes are somehow weirdly funny.
Oct 14, 2015 10:00 PM

Jun 2015
The episode was alright. Not liking Shiki and Mage. Pacing is slow hopefully it will get better.
Closed the sound option when he started singing. Did the same with Symphogear. I just simply don't like it. Takes away the Tension/seriousness from the fight.
Can't help but think that Azuna have some insight into all this grimoire thing. It seems she knows something about Ritsuka that Ritsuka /herself doesn't know/ is being kept on the dark side.
Anticipating brother's role in the story.
Oct 14, 2015 10:45 PM

Nov 2012
Since I wouldn't be watching this if it wasn't a musical, the fight scene being singing was my fav part of the episode. Brother looks cool.
Jaywalker.
Oct 14, 2015 11:25 PM

Mar 2013
Well, the three guys are creeps, except the main guy (Rem was it?), the dog, and the brothers--so far anyways.
Hopefully Rem is the main dude (most likely) because I really dislike the personalities of the others. Just don't pull a weird personality twist on them.
I just bust out laughing when they sing, so I just skip those parts unless they're important...
Overall, ok so far-- I'll see how it goes for the next few episodes.

At least I don't absolutely hate everybody/everything in the show in the first couple episodes, unlike a similar anime... *cough* Diabolik Lovers shouldn't exist*cough*
KilikcliaOct 14, 2015 11:32 PM
Oct 15, 2015 12:17 AM

Feb 2015

Being a fan of creeps and weirdos, I hope I get to see more of Shiki in the coming eps. ^^

So her brother is back. He probably knows about the grimoire and why those guys were after it.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2015 1:54 AM

Oct 2011
I thought they were going to sing again once she got to the Student Council room. Guess not. He sang while battling <33

Her brother going to sing next week or maybe Urie?
Oct 15, 2015 3:29 AM
Jun 2012
I'm guessing the point of the dead aunt is that the brother will turn out to be her cousin. Because then their relationship will be ok. Obviously.
Oct 15, 2015 3:45 AM

Jan 2014
It's a bit slow, but I like it ^-^
Oct 15, 2015 3:55 AM

May 2009
I like Rem, but there's one thing bugging me..

THIS makes him look so feminine... arggggh
can you imagine what he would look like without them? ten times better if you ask me.

Not sure what to think of this show.. it's kind of slow but that doesn't neccesarily mean it's bad. I will keep on watching to find out.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 15, 2015 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
Well, I have (so far) the same problem with this show as with Diabolik Lovers.

All the members of the harem hate or exploit the 'heroine' in one way or another. Not really romantic.

I miss those old school harems where all the boys are madly in love with the girl.

I like the dog the most so far (I too think the dog isn't a dog in a conventional sense).

EDIT:

One thing I don't get:

the members of the student council are supposed to be devils, right?

So WHY are the DEVIL WORSHIPPERS their enemy?

I can understand if the brother of the heroine is seen as a threat by the Devils. He seems to be some kind of priest/monk. But the DEVIL WORSHIPPERS? :D

HelenusOct 15, 2015 5:27 AM
Oct 15, 2015 6:01 AM

Jun 2015
The song played whilst fighting was decent but kinda misplaced I guess.

Oct 15, 2015 6:20 AM

Nov 2007
Love the singing, character designs are nice but a little expressionless and the OP/ED are great.
The story is a bit boring but I can forgive it if the show gives me more of these Japanese style Disney songs ;)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

72 by Slitchka »»
Apr 5, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

79 by Kyarrific413 »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

43 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

64 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2015

120 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.