Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 10, 2015 11:58 PM

Aug 2012
Man the Hiragi's are real assholes.
Oct 11, 2015 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
Shinoa omg, gotta love her smugness.
Mitsuba gets promoted I see.
Yuu <3333 ;0;
That interview with the Hiragis was scary indeed ._.
Interesting first ep..
Oct 11, 2015 12:55 AM

Sep 2014
DiabloMask said:
What's the point of making Guren act like an asshole the whole time if he's gonna turn to a good guy so suddenly?! -_-

Asshole =/= Badguy.
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 11, 2015 1:07 AM

May 2014
mira-nyan said:
DiabloMask said:
What's the point of making Guren act like an asshole the whole time if he's gonna turn to a good guy so suddenly?! -_-

Asshole =/= Badguy.

True
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 11, 2015 1:12 AM

Oct 2011
WTH Hiragi Family ( Except Shinoa)

Guren going to properly teach Yuu to use cursed gear OMG
Oct 11, 2015 1:35 AM
Oct 2010
Did the blu-rays sell well? Did the manga get a burst in sales or something? It seems like they actually decided to attempt to animate this show properly now. Most of cost cutting crap from last season was non existent in this episode.
Oct 11, 2015 1:43 AM

Sep 2014
skudoops said:
Did the blu-rays sell well? Did the manga get a burst in sales or something? It seems like they actually decided to attempt to animate this show properly now. Most of cost cutting crap from last season was non existent in this episode.

They cut out scenes.

I guess that counts.
Oct 11, 2015 2:37 AM

Jun 2013
HandsomeMan said:
How is this rated so high...

The goddamn fanbase raping the ratings button or drop down menu, whatever.

It was an okay episode. I'm pissed off at Guren trying to be cool as usual and Shinoa's over-the-top perkiness is annoying too. I want to see what she's really like underneath all facade of fake smiles and cheerfulness.

Also the Hiragiis fight dirty. I hope they all get eviscerated by vampires.
臭い-
Oct 11, 2015 2:59 AM

Apr 2015
Nice to see Owari no Seraph back !
When I finished the first season, I'd never think the story to turn like that and that was kinda nice. I found the first season good, because I felt that the situation could become really interesting, so when I watched this episode I really enjoyed it ^^
Btw I think what is interesting in Owari no seraph are the internal conflicts in the human's and vampire's sides, the interesting characters (like Shinoa, Guren, Ferid, Mika, and more recently Yuu) and the art with these pastel scenes and the character design. So I'm kinda relieved they did a good 13th episode !
Oct 11, 2015 3:22 AM

Aug 2013
mira-nyan said:
rsc-pl said:
I always wonder why super average series like this always getting great art and animation.
This is the best looking anime in this season for sure. (still watching it for Shinoa and beautiful art).
This is 100% my definition of beauty in anime. I didn't see anything which looks better than this anime in past years. Wit studio has the best animation technique from all existing studios now (only Silverlink and KyoAni are close to them)

The art style is Yamamoto's, not Wit's. The art work(not the animation) is honestly still bad.

It would be better if Silverlink did this, imo.

Say what?
Bad? Seriously?
I don't mind if it would be done by Silverlink, but only if it would look like Non Non Biyori, but I Ibet it wouldn't, so no.
Still I think that this one of most beautiful series of past years, art and animation is just beautiful, without shitty oversaturated colors and CG.
And I'm not talking about how characters looks (of course characters design it usually up to author of manga) , but how it is done in general.
rsc-plOct 11, 2015 3:27 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 11, 2015 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
rsc-pl said:
mira-nyan said:

The art style is Yamamoto's, not Wit's. The art work(not the animation) is honestly still bad.

Say what?
Bad? Seriously?
I don't mind if it would be done by Silverlink, but only if it would look like Non Non Biyori, but I Ibet it wouldn't, so no.
Still I think that this one of most beautiful series of last year's, art and animation is just beautiful, without shitty oversaturated colors and CG.
And I'm not talking about how characters looks (of course characters design it usually up to author of manga) , but how it is done in general.

I'd say it's a step up from the quality of the first season, but it's still nothing special.
There are other, better contenders for best animation this season.
One Punch Man, Sakurako-san, Comet Lucifer is better than I expected of 8bit original anime, and Concrete Revolutio looks pretty cool thanks to Bones.
Oct 11, 2015 3:37 AM
May 2015
Man, they're not kidding when Guren said that them Hiragi's are scary, so what's the deal with them?
Oct 11, 2015 3:42 AM

May 2012
skudoops said:

- The Blue-ray didn't sold well.
- The manga did sold very very well ( top 2 best selling manga just recently in weekly ranking and apparently top 20 to the best selling manga of the year)
Anyway, I always think the manga sell well more than anime.
- If I would say, their merchandises sell more well than their BD/DVD if we consider how many merchandise they already produced.

Well, I have a feeling that most of the cost they used merchandise for season 2 are from the merchandises.

Anyway i love how they improve ^_^
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Oct 11, 2015 3:43 AM
May 2015
Finally! I'm excited about how will this turn out. I noticed this time some OST, that's great. But other than that, the animation was still pretty meh. Shinoa and Shinya were pretty awesome! It was a good episode, hope will see more action.
Oct 11, 2015 3:53 AM

Jun 2014
Shinoa bein Shinoa.

Yuu dissing that commander with that attack behind his back was pretty badass
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2015 5:13 AM

Jun 2014
Kureto doesn't seem as merciless as he does in the manga. The anime misses out the part where he says if Yuu defects, he'd kill him. His design is also slightly off..just hope they do his character justice.
Also, the background art is still quite "unique".

Nice start overall. Shinoa girl is back <3
Oct 11, 2015 5:35 AM

Apr 2009
Even if Kureto's not as purely cold and evil as he is in mangaa...

Kureto still turns me on.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 11, 2015 5:59 AM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:
I've missed Shinoa's smug face

+1
Oct 11, 2015 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
rsc-pl said:
mira-nyan said:

Say what?
Bad? Seriously?
Still I think that this one of most beautiful series of past years, art and animation is just beautiful, without shitty oversaturated colors and CG.

Art work.

As in, how good the frames are/the quality, especially when put together.
Kinda like this masterpiece:

There was a far worse one, but I couldn't find it, lol. Ofc, everything you said is what I think. But the art work/q u a l i t y drops alot. That was a major thing that pretty much everyone complained about, last season.

LeeNoriega said:
Even if Kureto's not as purely cold and evil as he is in mangaa...

Kureto still turns me on.

Oct 11, 2015 7:34 AM

Apr 2009
What? Men with power are very tempting 8D
Oct 11, 2015 7:36 AM

Sep 2014
LeeNoriega said:

Then I imagine you'll be fawning over his dad next, lolololololol.
Oct 11, 2015 7:48 AM

Apr 2009
mira-nyan said:
LeeNoriega said:

Then I imagine you'll be fawning over his dad next, lolololololol.

Nononono, lololol. only if he looked younger and half of his body didn't consist of metal 8D
Oct 11, 2015 7:59 AM

May 2015
So, it's back again. This episode was interesting, so we learned about Yuu's past. Hopefully this one will be better than the first cour.

Oct 11, 2015 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
Yuu acting so mature I don't know what to think.

Shinya guy what is this who gave you the permission to use Suzuki Tatsuhisa's voice don't try to climb up my fav list with this.
Oct 11, 2015 8:57 AM
Sep 2013
Shion657 said:

Yeah I also hate that troll acting of hers, reminded me of why I dislike her as well.

Jesus Christ, she is not trolling, she's a gadfly! I just explained this in an earlier post!
Oct 11, 2015 10:26 AM

Sep 2015
After seeing how this episode opened, it made the recap special even more obnoxious. Basically, the recap we got right at the beginning of this episode was enough to remind viewers what had happened right at the end of the previous season. But I thought the transition was a little jump between the recap and Shinoa's duel with Guren.

After Shinoa and Guren's brief duel, though, there really wasn't much action until Yuichiro entered the room for his interview with the Hiragi family. But the Hiragi family are such jerks, though. Some of the interrogation methods they employ are just terrible. The only "good" thing to come out of that whole ordeal was that Yuichiro finally learned a very important truth. Yuichiro's confrontation with Guren resolves the issue with this new truth rather quickly.

This episode definitely succeeded in setting the stage for the politics that will be involved with where the series will be headed to. I know this since I've been reading the manga chapters as they're published in VIZ's English edition of Weekly Shonen Jump. Yes, the episode did feel a little slow at times, but it accomplished what it needed to do.
Oct 11, 2015 11:30 AM
Feb 2009
Too bad the quality stayed like 1st season's end, 1st season started OK but its all downhill. The bscript really needs improvement. Also, not much time has passed but the characters were different (personality wise, small quircks), had to check if the staff's the same.
Oct 11, 2015 12:24 PM

Dec 2012
Shinoa is back ! This episode was better than the complete previous season, Yuu finally search a way to save Mika, the OSTs were better and used during fights and the story become interesting.
Oct 11, 2015 12:44 PM
Apr 2014
Wow. Finally a few things make more sense. This episode should have been part of the first season...
Oct 11, 2015 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
Happy to see that it's being adapted well.
I am somewhat glad to see this back, this season is going to be 10x better then the first and I for one cannot wait to see a few scenes in the anime..

5/5 for me
Oct 11, 2015 1:24 PM
Feb 2009
I tortured your friends but you turned out not to be a traitor. So all's OK and join us. REALLY?
Oct 11, 2015 1:50 PM

Feb 2015
bastek66 said:
Perfect as always

HAHAHA , KEEP UP THAT PACE!:D
Though it was kinda annoying sometimes

i just finished the season 1 and then watch the second season right after it, so i don't have any word to say, so ,yeah 9/10.
YizelTroOct 11, 2015 1:57 PM
Oct 11, 2015 1:59 PM

Sep 2014
Bosskardo said:
I tortured your friends but you turned out not to be a traitor. So all's OK and join us. REALLY?

That's Kureto for ya.

Never changing in his ways.
Oct 11, 2015 2:33 PM

May 2014
very quiet start I guess. I think the next ep. is gonna be epic.
Oct 11, 2015 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
A beginning with a faster development than the previous season, and a drastic change in Yuu's personality, I liked it better when he was arrogant and sarcastic, and I really do not like of Guren, is a character that I really want to see having problems, I am curious to see how it will the adaptation this season, I'm looking forward to the next episodes ..
Oct 11, 2015 6:46 PM

Apr 2014
this was so bad I don't know how I finished the ep

I didn't even like the first season that much I have no idea why I'm still watching o.O
"Listen up, I don’t care what you punks do around the universe. But with this, my sword … anywhere it can reach, is part of my country! Asses who blunder in and violate my things … whether it be a Shogun, whether it be space pirates, whether it be a meteorite, I’ll destroy them!"
- Sakata Gintoki (Gintama)
Oct 11, 2015 7:19 PM

Jun 2009
so much QUALITY this episode. thought they were gonna at least improve the animation since it's the first episode but i guess not. and eh episode was okayish i guess.
jjihhyeOct 11, 2015 7:23 PM

Oct 11, 2015 9:11 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Shinoa is still a troll as usual, love it

A nice episode, but.....no Krul!? *sigh*

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 11, 2015 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
Oh boy. The first fucking line spoken by a character is fucking rushed, unnatural exposition.

That's ALWAYS a good sign
Oct 12, 2015 12:46 AM

Feb 2014
glad to see this series back :)

I enjoyed the first episode, I thought the pacing was a little fast though.

Shinoa as usual is the gem in this show <3

Although I dont see how killing a vamp would 'prove' Yuu isnt a traitor, he could have just killed it anyway, doesn't really prove any point.

Poor Kimizuki and Yoichi..

Mika is finding it increasing difficult to survive without human blood - I guess we will see how that goes as this series progresses

Not a bad first ep
4/5 :)
Oct 12, 2015 1:49 AM

Oct 2008
here we go again S2!
what Shinoa said was very true: "You can never tell who your friends and enemies are in this world"
So many conflicts/corruption inside that's for sure example is Hiiragi branch...we know that everything about them is bad news...but as well as Guren. I'm not 100% trusting him either...
4/5.

Oct 12, 2015 5:29 AM

May 2014
Again, perfect adaptation. This season should be better than the 1st one since it has more dialogue, story and tactics than actual action. Action that feels better on paper than animated...

SandyBoi said:
HaXXspetten said:
I've missed Shinoa's smug face
+1
+2
Oct 12, 2015 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
I thought this will be better than the first season from the get go but it wasn't, while there are some interesting stuff in this episode I'm not going to continue watching if I'm not impressed by the 3 episodes mark. I forgot how annoying the girls on this team are and how weak the vampires are compared to Yuu and his lack of training. That will be remedied soon apparently but so far I'm keeping my expectations very low.
Oct 12, 2015 8:59 AM

Sep 2014
xcess090 said:
I thought this will be better than the first season from the get go but it wasn't, while there are some interesting stuff in this episode I'm not going to continue watching if I'm not impressed by the 3 episodes mark. I forgot how annoying the girls on this team are and how weak the vampires are compared to Yuu and his lack of training. That will be remedied soon apparently but so far I'm keeping my expectations very low.

I'm sure you don't realise that the vampire was clearly
1) Weak in general. It's a fucking fodder
2) Been starved and tortured becuz Kureto.

Could you not tell by the way it looked?

And Yu as well as his squad were clearly beaten by Crowley. Even Guren, someone with obviously far better training that Yuu, couldn't beat Ferid. Jesus Christ.
Oct 12, 2015 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
mira-nyan said:
xcess090 said:

I'm sure you don't realise that the vampire was clearly
1) Weak in general. It's a fucking fodder
2) Been starved and tortured becuz Kureto.

Could you not tell by the way it looked?

And Yu as well as his squad were clearly beaten by Crowley. Even Guren, someone with obviously far better training that Yuu, couldn't beat Ferid. Jesus Christ.

So all the vampires Yuu and company easily beat getting to the nobles in season 1 were weakened as well? If kids who just got their weapons without training could kill them then why are they considered a threat again? Since apparently every vampire who isn't a noble is very weak. Yes, this one most likely is weakened but its speed as we've seen should've at least given it some advantage and made this small battle longer than 2 seconds.
removed-userOct 12, 2015 10:14 AM
Oct 12, 2015 9:57 AM

Mar 2014
I think it's slightly better than previous season
Oct 12, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
WIT has less workload now than last season so the show's animation quality should be consistent this time around.
Oct 12, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2013
Still waiting for HS to put out a torrent...but they're being incredibly shitty with getting shows out this season so I'll be sitting here waiting...
Oct 12, 2015 1:37 PM

Aug 2014
Well that was a good first episode.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 12, 2015 1:50 PM

May 2013
Mixed feelings about this episode. Hiragi family was kinda like stupid in this episode and Guren was jerk in this episode (i hope they'll reveal why is he like that). But best girl Shinoa is back!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.