Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 9, 2015 8:17 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Who is the damn ape titan? I wanna know....

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Oct 9, 2015 8:45 AM

May 2014
That was well done this chapter. Some quick and decisiveness from Armin and I got to see Levi in action again, nice 😍
Besides that, this manga seems to be nearing a conclusion huh. I'm sad it's ending but fuck what a good manga. I cannot believe that the ending will be anything but awesome.
Oct 9, 2015 8:55 AM

Feb 2010
That was an amazing chapter. The beast titan has appeared! This is the first time these guys have seen him. Damn, Erwin passing on the role there to Armin. Death flag. Wonder who will go.
Oct 9, 2015 10:05 AM

Jun 2009
After re-reading the chapter slower, I wonder if all those titans with the ape just turned into titans? I mean it looks like they were coming out of nowhere...
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Oct 9, 2015 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
I just knew it. I knew that they were all hiding in the walls and in the town! Thank god Armin has such a sharp mind, without him, the Survey Corps would've been at a huge disadvantage. They found Reiner, but Levi unfortunately didn't manage to cut through his neck...and I was hoping for him to die. The ape titan (or Grisha's brother?) is leading the titan army...I hope this doesn't end in a massacre. I don't want anyone to die, I'm really scared. Another month to wait...I can't wait anymore it's sooo damn exciting ;_;
LichtspielOct 9, 2015 10:12 AM

Oct 9, 2015 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
asx-nici said:
After re-reading the chapter slower, I wonder if all those titans with the ape just turned into titans? I mean it looks like they were coming out of nowhere...

I was thinking of that too. Maybe he leads the other people who can turn into titans or made them turn into them.

Oct 9, 2015 11:46 AM

Dec 2011
0 to 100, boys.
Oct 9, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2010
Damn Levi moved in for the kill real quick.
Oct 9, 2015 12:49 PM
Mar 2012
Lichtspiel said:
asx-nici said:

I was thinking of that too. Maybe he leads the other people who can turn into titans or made them turn into them.

The question is where did he get all those people. Did they have regular humans in their village? Or maybe they caught the ones who were forced out of the wall? And how were they lined up like that? Did they offer themselves as titan material or did the ape titan tie them up and put them in their position?
Oct 9, 2015 1:49 PM

Nov 2012
Expect some deaths next chapter,one cause of all the deathflags and two cause next chapter is 3/4 of 100 chapters so something big is likely to happen
Oct 9, 2015 1:49 PM
Apr 2014
Great chapter and great art
That was indeed the calm before the storm, this battle better take out some of the important characters and Erwin's death flags come true.
We already knew they were hiding in the wall last chapter, Armin showing us why he's the future corps leader.
Berthold still sleeping and Reiner's plot armor kicking in.

asx-nici said:

Yeah that's intriguing, I hope that's just monkey trouble's doing and not just a random army of shifters.
Oct 9, 2015 3:08 PM

Aug 2010
Nice going Armin.

Dat fabulous Ape Titan throw tho XD
Oct 9, 2015 5:56 PM

Dec 2011
I agree that when the Beast Titan transformed, the other titans who appeared I think are also transformed humans, probably similar to the case of Connie's mom.

Seriously, I really loved Levi going for the kill, but it would be too fast if Reiner was killed. I bet this time Eren will beat him, and Eren then will be battling the Beast Titan with both of them possessing the "coordinate" skill that commands the titans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2015 11:18 PM

Oct 2013
The part about Armin finding cups with black liquid in it intrigues me. I'm guessing its coffee or chocolate tea? It seems inside the walls doesn't have such things. I can't wait until we see how reiner and bertholt village is like. I have a hunch their technology is far more advance than inside the walls.
Oct 10, 2015 2:41 AM

Mar 2015
keragamming said:
The part about Armin finding cups with black liquid in it intrigues me. I'm guessing its coffee or chocolate tea? It seems inside the walls doesn't have such things. I can't wait until we see how reiner and bertholt village is like. I have a hunch their technology is far more advance than inside the walls.

I'm pretty sure Levi was drinking tea in the end of season 1. But that could be green tea and outside the walls they could have the knowledge on how to ferment it into black tea.
Oct 10, 2015 6:03 AM

Aug 2014
Crazy chapter. Levi being the beast he is goes straight for Reiner, too bad it didn't fully kill him though. Get hype for Eren vs Reiner round 2.
"I am going to be the God of the new world" - Light
Oct 10, 2015 8:36 AM
Apr 2012
So, this chapter sure was something! I really like the place this manga is going, I have absolutely loved it until here and I have nothing to point my finger to tbh. (Even though there were people who found the Uprising Arc boring, I found it very interesting).

Anyways, back to the chapter. Seeing Eren being so self-doubting really breaks my heart! My poor baby.
But I loved to see Armin leading everyone and being the smart lil sht he is! I think he's one of the best strategists in the manga and, when Erwin dies, I'm pretty sure he'll take over as the RC's strategist. /but i dont want erwin to die/
Talking about Erwin though, is my boy carrying the serum with him? I wonder who'll take it to be honest.

So Levi couldn't kill Reiner besides almost cutting his neck out, I wonder what does it take to kill a shifter...
Anyways, the situation doesn't look too good for the RC, I hope nobody dies /which will be impossible/

5/5.
Oct 10, 2015 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
Yes, I was waiting for this. Such an amazing chapter and now I have to wait month!? Levi just jumped in and tried to kill Reiner, but it would be strange if he didn't. I really thought for a sec, that Reiner died. So naive...
Oct 10, 2015 1:54 PM

Jun 2010
Man apart from the hype from the upcoming battle royale I'm even more hyped because Erwin just lowkey told us that Armin might become his protege.
Can you imagine how destructive the crew would be with Armin stuffed full of Erwin's knowledge.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 10, 2015 3:14 PM

May 2013
I don't want anyone from Levi's squad to die. Just no please Isayama.

And dat commanding skills Armin. Can't wait for the showdown next month!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 10, 2015 3:58 PM

Jan 2011
armin is smart he figured titans hideout
Oct 10, 2015 4:13 PM

Feb 2015
Well I'm pretty excited for the next chapter. Were those titans following the Ape Titan fellow members of the Shifter community?
Oct 10, 2015 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
TheRefractingOne said:
Well I'm pretty excited for the next chapter. Were those titans following the Ape Titan fellow members of the Shifter community?

It seems the ape titan turn them into titans. Its still a mystery if they came from BR village.
Oct 10, 2015 9:34 PM

Apr 2009
For the first time Levi failed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2015 11:05 PM

Aug 2008
Hell Yeah! Let the war begin.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 10, 2015 11:19 PM

Jun 2014
SweetCoconut said:
I don't want anyone from Levi's squad to die. Just no please Isayama.

I feel like at the very least, Erwin will die. His death flags have been everywhere recently.

This was a pretty epic chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 11, 2015 3:59 AM

Aug 2014
About time people started noticing that Armin greatness.

Damn Levin is fucking brutal, too bad he couldn't get the job done.
Oct 11, 2015 6:25 AM

Jul 2008
Armin almost got Reiner killed >.< thank god he is still alive as I hate to see the titan shifters die in a bad way :D Bertolt and Ymir should be here too then and I hope there are more titan shifters in the group that we haven't met yet :) Also, hope they save Annie soon as she is gonen for too long.

It would only be fair for both sides to have casualties, any one sided battle would disappoint me heavily.
Oct 11, 2015 1:37 PM

Sep 2014
Awesome setup chapter with actions I guess.
Without Armin, humanity would be doomed in this chapter AND also in the past, seriously.
What is this black liquid? I think it's coffee, since Armin could not identify what it was, because I think that the people living inside the Walls don't know what coffee is. Which leads to the question: Is the (titan) village that far away from the walls?
HOW is it even possible for Reiner to be still alive? He should be dead normally, but he's a shifter, so as Levi guesses, I guess it's something related to titan powers.
At the end the Beast Titan somehow transformed people to mindless Titans, and I really think those people are the people living in the village, willing to sacrify themeselves for whatever reason.
The Survey Corps can't escape, so either they win or either they die.
Where is Bertholdt????
CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT MONTH!
Oct 11, 2015 4:42 PM
Mar 2015
is annie still frozen
Oct 11, 2015 5:22 PM

Mar 2015
lmao I remember I hated Armin at the start. He's boss
Oct 11, 2015 5:34 PM

Oct 2007
FloatingIdiot said:
keragamming said:
I'm confuse here, are you complaining that the pacing is getting too fast or too slow? Which is it?

Alternating between too fast and too slow, probably in a way designed not to change the overall length. The anime got it perfect.

full chapter where nothing happened and some idiot complains about too fast pacing, fuck humanity

man reiner not dying is absolute bullshit, wtf, he should have just dropped dead, stupid how he survived that
had to half the score on this manga for that bullshit, it's way too severe
Oct 12, 2015 4:12 AM

Aug 2012
trump54 said:
is annie still frozen
Yes
Oct 12, 2015 3:58 PM

May 2010
OMG. Great chapter! I totally thought Levi had that bastard! :I
The war has started.....Please don't let my faves die. T^T
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 12, 2015 11:27 PM

May 2008
Eren vs Reiner part 2 next month. I hope we get to learn about that ape titan later.
Oct 13, 2015 10:14 AM

Mar 2009
I liked this chapter but hate the fact that nobody can cut a head properly. Not even Levi. Embrace yourself, death is coming.
Oct 13, 2015 3:41 PM
Jul 2015
Well, he cut the heart right, but it would just as easily regenerate back before Reiner dies from a heart attack (Or in this case not having a heart, as it doesn't cause immediate death). As for the head, it was impossible to aim for his spine while his head was turned to the side. No wonder Levi, even with his Ackerman judgement went for the heart on his second strike.
As for lobbing his head off, idk how that works while both people are heading downwards with momentum. Will probably throw someone off a building to observe this later.
Oct 13, 2015 6:46 PM

Jun 2015
YEEEEEAH!
How long was i waiting for a chapter like this? That's what i'm talking about!
SNK GREATNESS. HYPE HYPE HYPE
Oct 13, 2015 9:41 PM

Oct 2014
Armin, that smarty-pants :D
Erwin & Co. VS freaky ape titan & Co. - now that's a fight I wanna see. Erwin's da man!
Oct 13, 2015 10:44 PM

Nov 2014
Armin has great intuition, yes. But it was clearly obvious that they were hiding in the walls to begin with and most of you here were "expecting" it to be in the walls, but it was clear that they were in the walls (http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Chapter-073?id=240975#43) to begin with. All Armin had to do is "guess" where they were at the time. Armin is still a Pussy though and he's going to die sooner or later along with a few more of them.

Alright chapter, it went by faster than Eren v Reiner I. Eren has a totally ugly ass Titan Hardening technique. If you look at the Political Arc where he got captured with Kenny Ackerman and Co. the Cave was full of Diamond Hardening. Look at Annie's hardening, while Eren gets a shitty Titan patch work.
Oct 14, 2015 7:10 PM

Aug 2015
Bertolt hasn't even showed up yet... things are about to get really ugly for Survey Corps. Whelp, RIP Marlo and all the new guys, I can see even Levi dying here. I kinda hope that the Titan Shifters don't die and switch sides, but I know that's not happening lol.

I think the Uprising Arc served two primary purposes to the story arc (at least seeing where the story's going now)-

1- Backstory and character development for some neglected side characters, namely Historia who already started it in the Clash of the Titans arc
2- To soften up the readers for the carnage about to ensue in Shiganshina.

It would be so funny if the Beast Titan couldn't break down Eren's hardened form and all those Titans were stuck outside the wall again lol, but knowing Isayama, that's not happening.
Oct 15, 2015 4:16 AM

Jun 2009
I'm a bit confused, could you help me out here?

There are two holes in the wall, right? If Shiganshina (that's where they are right?) has a "U" form then there is one at the bottom of the U and one at the top (the actual wall). So which one did they fix? From the dialogue I got it's the "outer" wall, so the bottom of the U. Is that correct?

And the Beast Titan appeared from inside wall Maria, right? There are buildings on that side after all.
Oct 15, 2015 7:29 AM

Sep 2013
grandy_UiD said:

There are two holes in the wall, right? If Shiganshina (that's where they are right?) has a "U" form then there is one at the bottom of the U and one at the top (the actual wall). So which one did they fix? From the dialogue I got it's the "outer" wall, so the bottom of the U. Is that correct?

And the Beast Titan appeared from inside wall Maria, right? There are buildings on that side after all.
That was the same doubt I had. Your right they sealed the outer wall (shiganshina) and the ape came from inside wall Maria. Ape titan wants to corner the survey.
sic mundus
Oct 16, 2015 5:58 AM

Aug 2014
grandy_UiD said:

"I am going to be the God of the new world" - Light
Oct 16, 2015 8:03 AM

Jun 2009
Paperbag266 said:
grandy_UiD said:

Nice, thank you. It's basically as I thought it was.
Oct 17, 2015 1:17 PM
Jul 2015
And Eren, Levi and the others returned to Erwin's side after closing the outer wall if not mistaken. Am I missing out on something?
Oct 18, 2015 12:00 AM
Oct 2015
I'm getting all hyped because I REALLY feel like Annie's going to show up soon. My friends tease me because I've been obsessed with her impending return...if she returns at all that is. ;__;

The fight thats coming up next chapter will be epicness- I really feel like there's going to be some deaths coming. A bit nervous tbh.
Oct 18, 2015 4:30 AM
Sep 2013
garydai said:
I'm surprised so many people disliked the political arc. I thought it was great. The only issues for me were the Historia/Eren stuff. After the reveal she doesn't have to like him anymore, but it really annoyed me when she kept giving him the angry face. I thought they could've done that part better.

Just like me. I think AOT is great but the thing which made it so great was the political arc.
But because of a shit load of fans he really cut it at the ending. Normally we would have get a litte more. 2-4 more Chapters to conclude it really would have been better. I really liked it.

And i hate all those Online Review Manga Chapter Youtubers who always said... "Okay, a lot of political stuff i dont understand but there was a Picture of REINER AND BERTHOLT AND THE APE TITAN::: OMFG OMFG!!!!!! THATS SO GREAT... 4 Pages of.... Titans...

I was like... Because of stupid people like him such a great story is becoming... not so great.
Oct 18, 2015 1:58 PM
Jul 2015
^ Dude, I'd +1 you for that if we could on this forum (Can we?). I feel the political arc and Attack on Titan as a whole, in itself would have had been received much better if this was aimed at older audiences. The biggest mistake made here I feel was publishing AoT as Shounen, which is clearly aimed at younger audiences. The same group of people who anime like Naruto, Dbz is aimed at (Basically younger audiences below the age of 18 as well as the older part of the audience who enjoy these.), while AoT is clearly something that could have been released as something aimed at more mature audiences just as well. Am talking about Seinen here, as iirc Seinen is the genre aimed at an older audience. 18+ of the like and the same group that anime like Tokyo Ghoul and Parasyte are aimed at. This may have hurt the size of the fanbase though, as Shounen clearly has a larger number of viewers (Older people, and people of ages all the way to 12 year olds and below), but I also feel is one of the main reasons the political arc isn't recieved properly. The less mature people who crave mindless action seem to be the larger part of the audience that hates this arc while those that enjoy psychological thrillers and deep plot lines immensely love this part of the series. I also agree with your part on the youtubers writing in these random reviews. This again I feel is the typical shounen watcher speaking, who watches this show mainly for the action and less for the amazing series it is (And trust me, this series is better off being AoT rather than yet another Dragonball wannabe), and and I wouldn't take that part of the fanbase seriously lol. Imo the political arc was one of the deepest arcs so far and has shaped up the show in a way no other arc had done before, and I immensely enjoyed it myself. But then again not everyone has the same views as I and I guess that's acceptable. Lastly, deep down we all know that the action isn't what makes AoT what it is but everything in between that does. It's just that some of us choose to accept this fact wholly, while others choose to beg for more action regardless. Not saying the action part of AoT is useless as I immensely enjoy realistic fights like these myself (This coming from an MMA fan myself), compared to fights where people blow up villages by the snap of a finger, but rather mentioning the fact that action makes up for a rather smaller portion of what AoT is, compared to the other elements of the series that affect it at a much deeper level that plain action cannot.

I'll stop following AoT if this becomes yet another typical shounen on a side note. I have a feeling Isayama is leaning towards that direction from the fan reviews and it breaks my heart to see this. I rarely come across fiction as amazing as this, and I really don't want the balance of this series to alter the least bit. This is more of a personal interest and partly selfish on my part, but lol. There's not much I feel like doing about it.
Oct 20, 2015 9:43 PM

Aug 2012
Funny images related to this chapter

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.