Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 23, 2015 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
Man I wish Levi finished Reiner off. I thought the sword went through his neck!

Armin was great too.

The next few chapters are going to be epic. I suspect a lot of carnage haha/.
Oct 23, 2015 11:18 AM
Jul 2015
Well, it didn't pierce his spine so..
I'm pretty sure Reiner is going to die soon though. Either that, or I have a feeling RB are going to betray the warriors in order to save Annie.
Oct 26, 2015 2:43 AM

Nov 2013
So ... Erwin is now able to take titan form? I can't really see any other way for him to regrow a severed limb
Oct 26, 2015 6:35 AM

May 2014
By the looks of this chapter AOT will be over soon
If that hapenes then the second anime season could adapt the whole manga
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 26, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
CrotakuShinobi said:
By the looks of this chapter AOT will be over soon
If that hapenes then the second anime season could adapt the whole manga
There still around 3 years left stated by the editor. Season 2 will most likely cover up to Chapter 70. Season 3 will cover what is left.
Oct 27, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
Haze_Victory said:
^ Dude, I'd +1 you for that if we could on this forum (Can we?). I feel the political arc and Attack on Titan as a whole, in itself would have had been received much better if this was aimed at older audiences. The biggest mistake made here I feel was publishing AoT as Shounen, which is clearly aimed at younger audiences. The same group of people who anime like Naruto, Dbz is aimed at (Basically younger audiences below the age of 18 as well as the older part of the audience who enjoy these.), while AoT is clearly something that could have been released as something aimed at more mature audiences just as well. Am talking about Seinen here, as iirc Seinen is the genre aimed at an older audience. 18+ of the like and the same group that anime like Tokyo Ghoul and Parasyte are aimed at. This may have hurt the size of the fanbase though, as Shounen clearly has a larger number of viewers (Older people, and people of ages all the way to 12 year olds and below), but I also feel is one of the main reasons the political arc isn't recieved properly. The less mature people who crave mindless action seem to be the larger part of the audience that hates this arc while those that enjoy psychological thrillers and deep plot lines immensely love this part of the series. I also agree with your part on the youtubers writing in these random reviews. This again I feel is the typical shounen watcher speaking, who watches this show mainly for the action and less for the amazing series it is (And trust me, this series is better off being AoT rather than yet another Dragonball wannabe), and and I wouldn't take that part of the fanbase seriously lol. Imo the political arc was one of the deepest arcs so far and has shaped up the show in a way no other arc had done before, and I immensely enjoyed it myself. But then again not everyone has the same views as I and I guess that's acceptable. Lastly, deep down we all know that the action isn't what makes AoT what it is but everything in between that does. It's just that some of us choose to accept this fact wholly, while others choose to beg for more action regardless. Not saying the action part of AoT is useless as I immensely enjoy realistic fights like these myself (This coming from an MMA fan myself), compared to fights where people blow up villages by the snap of a finger, but rather mentioning the fact that action makes up for a rather smaller portion of what AoT is, compared to the other elements of the series that affect it at a much deeper level that plain action cannot.

I'll stop following AoT if this becomes yet another typical shounen on a side note. I have a feeling Isayama is leaning towards that direction from the fan reviews and it breaks my heart to see this. I rarely come across fiction as amazing as this, and I really don't want the balance of this series to alter the least bit. This is more of a personal interest and partly selfish on my part, but lol. There's not much I feel like doing about it.

Great post. I agree with all of it except publishing AoT as seinen which would be stupid simply from a financial perspective. Keep publishing as an unconventional shounen, and I bet people will still buy even if you take your time writing a good story.

That timeskip just left a really bad taste in my mouth. Like such a bad taste that I reduced my score from 10 to 8. There is no reason to skip over potentially the number 1 most important turning point in the narrative, other than to appease impatient fans.
Oct 27, 2015 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
I'm pretty neutral about this issue. But let me play devils advocate, just for the sake of this. I think you guys are not looking at the full picture,let me get this straight, you guys are upset because you feel the only reason Isayama did the time skip was because fans don't like the politics right?

ok, I'm going to throw out a few points that will show you guys that the fans were not the only reason he choose to do the time skip. Heck we are just speculating that its the case.

1. The timeskip was also use because showing eren crystallize training wouldn't be interesting or worth the time. All we would have seen is eren not doing it properly, nothing exciting or worth the time.

2. About the new technology, its obvious that the survey corps has use the new technology to create a new weapons against the titans, and in chapter 74 Erwin was saying that the survey corps has a surprise as well, its obvious that its that thing on every survey corps hand. Anyways, if we didn't have a timeskip we would already now what is the big surprise, and if you know isayama well, he love giving us surprises. That's a element isayama loves to use, the element of surprise.

3. If isayama didn't go the time skip route. All of this will probably take 5-10 chapters. Keep in mind this is a monthly mangle Also the 2nd season will be adapting the uprising arc as well, so if the anime were to adapt to where historia becomes queens, that means it will end just there and we wouldn't get a full conclusion to the arc, since it would be still ongoing. So isayama could've also made a decision to have a time skip with the second season in mind.

Not to mention other irrelevant stuff, like a chapter focusing on how Historia starting her journey to be a cattlemen. The pacing would drag.... I know you guys would prefer if the ending of the politics part was in real time, but at the same time you would have to go through a lot of irrelevant stuff as well. There's plenty of positive to the time skip IMO.

Also its not like we got nothing. We got a summary of what happens in these past two month. You know a summary only talks about the important points.

Don't like how you guys are saying the only reason isayama did the timeskip was because fans didn't like the politics arc, well I've just made a few points in isayama defense to show you guys that he has more motive in doing what he did. As I've said before I'm nuetral in all this, but if I will have to choose I will agree with isayama choice. No time skip means real time conclusion to the politics arc, but we will also have to go through monthly chapters of irrelevant stuff like historia adventure and eren boring hardening training, and I'm sure there's a lot more irrelevant stuff that isayama would be force to go through as well.

Not saying all this hoping that I will change a few opinion, but I'm Atleast hoping with the points I've made, will Atleast make you realise that isayama decision to implement a time skip, was surely not because of fans alone, it could simple be everything in one, and not just a petty decision because of fans not liking the politics. And the points I've made is prove of that.
keragammingOct 27, 2015 5:09 PM
Oct 29, 2015 7:08 PM

Mar 2015
keragamming said:
I'm pretty neutral about this issue. But let me play devils advocate, just for the sake of this. I think you guys are not looking at the full picture,let me get this straight, you guys are upset because you feel the only reason Isayama did the time skip was because fans don't like the politics right?

ok, I'm going to throw out a few points that will show you guys that the fans were not the only reason he choose to do the time skip. Heck we are just speculating that its the case.

1. The timeskip was also use because showing eren crystallize training wouldn't be interesting or worth the time. All we would have seen is eren not doing it properly, nothing exciting or worth the time.

Then *gasp* don’t linger on it!
2. About the new technology, its obvious that the survey corps has use the new technology to create a new weapons against the titans, and in chapter 74 Erwin was saying that the survey corps has a surprise as well, its obvious that its that thing on every survey corps hand. Anyways, if we didn't have a timeskip we would already now what is the big surprise, and if you know isayama well, he love giving us surprises. That's a element isayama loves to use, the element of surprise.

I really can’t say I’m stoked for this “big surprise” one bit. But maybe some people are.
Isayama is also known for telling a complete story, and not cutting corners on the worldbuilding, especially when it pertains to the most major events. Well, not anymore I guess. :(

3. If isayama didn't go the time skip route. All of this will probably take 5-10 chapters. Keep in mind this is a monthly mangle Also the 2nd season will be adapting the uprising arc as well, so if the anime were to adapt to where historia becomes queens, that means it will end just there and we wouldn't get a full conclusion to the arc, since it would be still ongoing. So isayama could've also made a decision to have a time skip with the second season in mind.

It should’ve been a whole new arc in a 3rd season, concluding with the beginning of the adventure.
There was also what, one chapter for the whole expedition to Shinganshima? Major corner-cutting there too.
Also if you care so much about surprises, so far in the series there was no spoiling of what titans they may run into. Here, all that is all basically spoiled chapters in advance, maybe so the casuals will keep buying manga chapters awaiting the big showdown. The Reiner vs. Beast would’ve been much more effective, suspenseful storytelling in flashback form, saved for once the Corps actually ran into them.
Not to mention other irrelevant stuff, like a chapter focusing on how Historia starting her journey to be a cattlemen. The pacing would drag.... I know you guys would prefer if the ending of the politics part was in real time, but at the same time you would have to go through a lot of irrelevant stuff as well. There's plenty of positive to the time skip IMO.

That would be up to the author to breeze through unimportant things so it doesn’t drag. Not exactly that difficult. I can easily see how it would be done, so I’m sure Isayama and his team could.
Also its not like we got nothing. We got a summary of what happens in these past two month. You know a summary only talks about the important points.

The choice was made to summarize a major climax rather than showing it. That counts for nothing in my book. Especially with how a society which was presented fairly nuanced before now basically just had some pure black villains messing things up who were dealt with and replaced by white, pure fairness.
Oct 29, 2015 7:49 PM

Oct 2013
They reach at shiganshina easily, simple because there were no titans to bother them. We all know why there were no titans, because of the ape titan and the trap that he was setting. And let me guess if titans were there and it took them 3 chapter to reach shiganshina, then you would have said he made this titan battle for the casual fans. Right? Lose, lose situation it seems in your case. Because I don't know why you would want isayama waste chapters of them going to shiganshina.

Nuance? Have you watch the first season? Because it was very obvious the government was corrupt as hell and didn't care too much for the people that lost their homes to the titans. About the black villains, I'm sure you're talking about the corrupt government right? And to be fair what they said was true, if they did open the gate they wouldn't have enough rations to feed all those people. Obviously they don't want everyone to die, since if there is no people, then there's nothing to govern over.

Pure fairness. You mean Zackley? That dude with the scat machine that wanted to show the whole public his work of art? I will go with grey characters.

I agree with you that he could easily skip the none important part. Btw I think you would like the manga kingdom. Its a historical setting with war tactics and politics. Since you love politics so much I think this could be #1 series you're looking for.
keragammingOct 29, 2015 8:01 PM
Oct 30, 2015 5:59 AM

Mar 2015
keragamming said:
They reach at shiganshina easily, simple because there were no titans to bother them. We all know why there were no titans, because of the ape titan and the trap that he was setting. And let me guess if titans were there and it took them 3 chapter to reach shiganshina, then you would have said he made this titan battle for the casual fans. Right? Lose, lose situation it seems in your case. Because I don't know why you would want isayama waste chapters of them going to shiganshina.

If they would’ve followed the storytelling method I would have used, then you wouldn’t know if there would be titans or not.
A ton of the thrill from watching Attack on Titan was exploring the unknown, having no clue what would pop up. Of course, it was already spoiled that the shifters were going to Shinganshima so there was no point of covering that.
Nuance? Have you watch the first season? Because it was very obvious the government was corrupt as hell and didn't care too much for the people that lost their homes to the titans. About the black villains, I'm sure you're talking about the corrupt government right? And to be fair what they said was true, if they did open the gate they wouldn't have enough rations to feed all those people. Obviously they don't want everyone to die, since if there is no people, then there's nothing to govern over.

Yes, in the first season they were selfish people with motives. Pretty much just how you’d expect privileged people to act. It was believable. Maybe nuanced wasn’t the best choice of words, but it paved the way for a nuanced explanation, which never came.
It wasn’t until the timeskip that the government was downgraded to evil conspirators in a way that it is impossible to discern their motive.
Pure fairness. You mean Zackley? That dude with the scat machine that wanted to show the whole public his work of art? I will go with grey characters.

I mean Historia and the new government that replaced the old one. Where’s the vetting and safeguarding against future problems like that? All I saw was some idealistic “oh the good guys won now we are being fair” crap, and that this 16 year old's ideals seemingly were supposed to pass as good, effective rule.

It may be possible to fix this, but it'd take some major work that Isayama seems to be forgoing in favor of titan showdown hype.
I agree with you that he could easily skip the none important part. Btw I think you would like the manga kingdom. Its a historical setting with war tactics and politics. Since you love politics so much I think this could be #1 series you're looking for.

Maybe I’ll check out. I don’t really like manga though, nor am I obsessed with politics. I just don't like when worlds that can be taken somewhat seriously all of a sudden veer off into incredulity territory.
Oct 30, 2015 6:10 AM
Jul 2015
I agree with the three points Kerragaming made above. That was the best course of action Isayama could have taken.
About the seinen part tho, I say that coz AoT has quite a lot of non-serious fans who complain a lot. But yeah, it would hurt from a financial point and SnK may or may not have had a smaller fanbase due to this. Though what makes me not care about this point the most is the amount of struggle Isayama did to get SnK to us. It came to us in the form of shounen (Which is deemed suitable for ppl below 18, and AoT is probably aimed at a 16+ audience), but am glad it reached us in whatever form it did rather than not reach us at all. If you have read Isayama's interviews where he states how hard it was for him to find a publisher and how people kept turning him down until the point where he met this publisher at Kodansha who agreed to publish his work. He mentions how people kept turning him down. Some demanded he made his main character a more typical shonen protagonist, similar to Goku and Luffy; some mentioned his drawing quality being poor, some believed the theme of the story was too dark for the viewers. Then he finally came across this guy at Kodansha, who was the only guy willing to publish his work at that poin. He mentions that moment like 'At that point my self-esteem was so low that when this guy agreed to work with me, I thought to myself "What could be wrong this guy?" '. And lmao this is actually true. It may or may not have been easier for him to releasw SnK under seinen or something but yeah, it would hurt the size of the fanbase, and the series financially as mentioned, but furthermore after reading such interviews I am really glad AoT reached us in whatever form it did.
Oct 30, 2015 11:51 AM

Oct 2013
@FloatingIdiot I think you may not realise it, but I think you just don't like the uprising arc. Lol I would give the uprising arc a C+ it was done fairly well, nothing spectacular though. Also politics is obviously not Iisayama strength, since he said he's not that confident in this arc since it doesn't revolve around titans. So yea, maybe you overestimated him in the politics department. There's nothing really to argue about, you didn't like the uprising arc, that's the end of the story.

Haze_Victory thnx. The thing is, I was wasting my time since I got the impression that the conclusion of the uprising arc is what made him so upset. But I've realise that he simple didn't like the arc on a whole.

Yea, I'm happy that the guy from Kadansha accepted his work, ir we wouldn't be able to witness this greatness.
Oct 30, 2015 1:48 PM

Mar 2015
I thought the uprising arc was great for the most part. I think I've already explained what I hate and it is fairly specific. But yeah, the politics are the weakness. You would think that for such a popular manga, he could at least consult with political experts who would be able to help him cover his weakness. A lot of worlds have structural weaknesses though and most people don't seem to care (see: FMA:B). I was just hoping that this wasn't one of them, but now it's already been pretty much decided.
Nov 3, 2015 7:19 AM

Jan 2012
this is SNK i speak of , what a good chapter,Armin is smart as always.
The ape is going to rape the whole survey corps .

Nov 4, 2015 9:11 PM

Mar 2009
sim0n2170 said:
Funny images related to this chapter

These are really great. Kudos to the creator.

GREAT chapter. How the hell did Reiner survive that? Also, wow. Quick work by Levi. He went in right away.

The last two pages - can Isayama possibly hype this up even more? I can't wait for chapter 75.
Nov 7, 2015 11:59 PM

Jun 2014
I feel like Armin will be the only one to survive to the end of the series, just as a misdirection since it's always expected he will go somewhat early.

He's very useful, and without informing them of the ambush they would be fucked.
Nov 9, 2015 4:47 AM

Mar 2014
Here are the enemies. I told about Armin still needed by the army but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. If it wasn't for him, the Legion would have been in an even worse situation. Hats off to him, since making that judgement about normal common sense not working with titans, wasn't easy in their current situation

Ape titan turned titans back to humans? That would be interesting. He fooled everyone blocking them inside the district. Wasn't his launch a bit too precise?

A very quick attack from Levi; I thought Levi could have beheaded Reiner with a second attack instead of going for the heart but oh well. Now he has failed like Mikasa, although the circumstances between them weren't exactly the same

Eren succeeded in closing the hole, I wasn't sure he was going to do that so easily, although now the situation is still very messy. I wonder if his stamina will be fine since he already used his power for the hole
Nov 9, 2015 5:18 AM
Mar 2015
If te titans were smart they would kill armin
Nov 14, 2015 4:58 AM
Sep 2013
HOLY HELL.
Nov 17, 2015 3:57 AM
Nov 2015
So first of, this is now the second or third time I witness you two guys arguing about the uprising arc and how Isayama handled it.

But this does not belong in a thread, that is focused on discussion about a certain chapter, so please cut it and move the subject into the specific thread for it...

Now about this chapter, I liked it overall.

Kinda disappointed though that Reiner did not die. When I saw the panel where he got freaking stabbed into the neck, plus also into the heart, I was just saying to myself: hell yeah, Reiner is fucking donezo. No way he can survive this.

So yeah, left a bad taste in my mouth when I saw that Reiner could still transform. It lets the shifters seem invincible...like how the hell are you supposed to beat that?

Freaking warrior I guess...but still...

I loved the panel with Mikasas reaction to this though. Her expression was like mine, I bet she also couldntt believe it that he survived that assault.

So it seems that you really have to cut the head as quick as possible, otherwise they can still transform...which then again means you have to beat them in titan form and kill them after they are exhausted?...its a bit strange to me.
Dec 4, 2015 1:40 AM

Sep 2014
Damn, here comes the bloodbath .-.
Didn't think Reiner would survive that.
Mar 20, 2016 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
Ahh hell yeah, finally some titan action!!!
Jun 22, 2016 9:31 PM

Feb 2013
Armin is so smart.
Feb 13, 2017 6:22 AM

Dec 2014
well reiner appeared and his position was found quickly..Armin is such a genious
Apr 16, 2017 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
Still can't figure out what those fuckers want but oh well. Huge fight incoming.
Sep 10, 2017 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
I was SO nervous while reading this chapter!! It's time to fight!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 2, 2017 1:20 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing Titan's strategy, but is common with this "bigfoot" Titan how leader!!!
Sep 20, 2018 5:16 AM

Dec 2015
Well, let the massacre begins!
Feb 21, 2020 6:26 PM

Jan 2016
Too bad they couldn't get that final hit off on Reiner, but of course the battle can't end that easily! xD

Also that volume end with Armin waking up to that baby sized titan was fucking HILARIOUS.
Dec 26, 2020 8:27 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, Levi was so close to kill Reiner. Things will get bad now, the Beast Titan has an army with him.

Armin is really a genius. I can see him becoming a commander in the future.
Jan 11, 2021 7:13 AM

Sep 2019
keragamming said:
FloatingIdiot said:

To be honest I was mostly just dumping more of my frustration at the previous chapters. This seems like one of the better ones in a while but the salt still stings a bit. I need a translation though :(

Well, just look at the uprising arc as a arc that you just didn't enjoy and hope that this current arc will re candle your love for the series. The uprising arc seems like one of those arc that you will either liked or disliked.

To be honest. I feel more people will enjoy the uprising arc in the anime version more. Second half of season 2 ep 14-25. Adopting from chapter 51-70. That's 19 chapters into 11 episodes, the pacing should be better, since they will adopt 2/1.5 chapters per episode. I think overall people will be more immerse when the uprising arc starts in the anime.

Its not one of my favorite arc in the series, but it was still fairly enjoyable nonetheless, and I thought the closure for the uprising arc has the best closure so far in a arc. Just hope they animate both chapter 69 and 70 in the final episode, that would be perfect.

We will get translation in the next 20hrs. But you can read this summary. yusenki.tumblr.com/post/130665046023/snk-ch-74-summary
hah, they adapted 20 in 10 episodes in anime. Also 51-70 is 20 chapters.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Mar 2, 2022 12:40 PM
Sep 2020
the execution of this chapter is top notch, fantastic start to this arc
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Nov 2015
i hate that the manga never showed how beast titan can make titans without any serum 😕

_tahki said:
that's why there were three cups in the first place, you could say it's the beast titan

no, the third cup really was from the beast shifter.
Berry-VodkaMar 17, 4:52 PM

💢

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.