Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 8, 2015 8:13 PM

Mar 2010
mehhhh.. this does not amuse me. I feel like im watching a different series from the other Aria

Well it is a spin off.
Oct 8, 2015 8:24 PM

Feb 2013
This is looking better than I had expected.....looking forward to more.
Oct 8, 2015 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
I love the original series and I still love it today. This spin-off is refreshing to me because I really miss the world of Aria the Scarlet Ammo. I'm glad Aria is still the main character because I still love her, Akari is too adorable so she's watchable as the other main character. I love cameo appearances of Kinji, Riko, Reki(1st best girl), and Shirayuki, and it's going to be interesting to see Kinji not as the main character but I'm fine seeing him in a supporting role. A pretty good start for me I don't like translated subs in this episode, so I hope they update the first episode with better translated subs.

Edit: Okay the first episode ha finally been updated with better translated subs.
Oct 8, 2015 11:46 PM

Aug 2013
Artsy said:
it would have been more interesting if it did not completely ruin the original story

"hey, you know the main character of the main story?"

"the one who had 12 episodes of buildup to his romance with aria?"

"yeah, that one. we're going to make him never associate with aria at all, and he's going to be conveniently partnered to a brand new character instead, because we don't feel like coming up with a good reason for his absence."

dropped after episode 1, i will not be watching more

Hey do you realize this spin-off takes place before the main story right? In this spin-off Aria and Kinji never met before. So the main story is not ruin.
Oct 8, 2015 11:57 PM

Mar 2014
I love the original series and I still love it today. This spin-off is refreshing to me because I really miss the world of Aria the Scarlet Ammo. I'm glad Aria is still the main character because I still love her, Akari is too adorable so she's watchable as the other main character. I love cameo appearances of Kinji, Riko, Reki(1st best girl), and Shirayuki, and it's going to be interesting to see Kinji not as the main character but I'm fine seeing him in a supporting role. A pretty good start for me I don't like translated subs in this episode, so I hope they update the first episode with better translated subs.

Edit: Okay the first episode ha finally been updated with better translated subs.

Where did you find the better subs??
Heyy want to learn about Buddhism??

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

How chanting Nom Myoho Renge Kyo Changed My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KNUf3ZA28

How Buddhism helped me overcome COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJru9p8Qoo
Oct 9, 2015 12:15 AM

Aug 2013
Artsy said:

Hey do you realize this spin-off takes place before the main story right? In this spin-off Aria and Kinji never met before. So the main story is not ruin.

i was under the impression that it was just a slightly alternate universe

if its a prequel, that is even worse, because there's inconsistency in the exact opposite direction

Naw it won't. But if that's how you feel than that's fine.
Oct 9, 2015 12:17 AM

Aug 2013
Mami-Sexual said:

Where did you find the better subs??

Anilinkz, the website uploaded a much better version of episode 1.
Oct 9, 2015 1:03 AM

Jul 2012
The good thing about Kinji not being around is that we don't get to see Aria act like useless garbage to the society which is called a tsundere! :D

The episode was alright, nothing special, nothing bad. Hopefully (good) subs taking a long time won't be a thing though.
Oct 9, 2015 1:19 AM
May 2015
Oh boy looks like Kinji is being pushed away.
Oct 9, 2015 3:35 AM
Jan 2012
my thoughts about this series

dropped
Oct 9, 2015 5:33 AM
Feb 2015
I'm gonna have to say from the bottom of my heart this anime needs more Kinji I mean he's one of the main reasons I started watching this anime I mean seriously the dude was bad ass in my opinion
Oct 9, 2015 8:41 AM
Oct 2009
Sad that kinji is only a supporting chara but one side it is great to see more about aria. :3
Akari looks okay for me lets see what she is for a chara, can't evaluate for now her. ^^
And it looks like i'm becoming a eye caries because of the both overkawaii main charas. lol
Oct 9, 2015 11:56 AM
Sep 2013
As long as there is plenty of Reki in this spin-off, I'm happy ^^.

As much as I like Kinji, I have to say I haven't liked Aria more than in this episode, simply because she isn't showing off her extreme tsundereness. (Which I really didn't like). So hopefully these two won't interact much in this spin-off.

Finally I think everyone can agree on the OP being good!!
Oct 9, 2015 12:27 PM

Mar 2013

Isn't it an AU?

Anyway, quite fun to see how much a series can improve if you kick out the boring MC ;)
Oct 9, 2015 3:38 PM

Apr 2014
Wow, Too many complaints and dropping it on it's very first episode?
Just how bad this crab mentality be? It's not a good hobby you know?
Well I guess, I can't blame those anime only watchers who posted here just to complain.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 9, 2015 4:32 PM

Nov 2008
im enjoying it. i would of preferred a second season but this will have to do.

wow so many complainers...and dropping after 1 episode??
Oct 9, 2015 4:42 PM
Feb 2015
hm.. many people complaints about the lack of male MC..
is this gonna become another all-girls anime that try to sell cuteness, waifu and blablabla? @@

well, im not fan of all-girls anime myself..
Oct 9, 2015 8:11 PM

May 2009
Fipse said:

Isn't it an AU?

Anyway, quite fun to see how much a series can improve if you kick out the boring MC ;)

It takes place after season 1 since Kinichi has his own Amica.
Oct 9, 2015 8:40 PM

Mar 2014
Do I need to watch the original to watch this?
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 9, 2015 8:51 PM

Apr 2014
StrawberryRain said:

No need. But if you got free time, watch the original.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 9, 2015 9:03 PM

Dec 2012
Lame, I'd watch but then I'd have to watch the original first. Fuck JC staff.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 9, 2015 9:58 PM

Jun 2013
Well, Nano doing the OP song is reason enough for me to watch this.

Aside from that, I was really hyped when I saw that another Hidan no Aria thing was announced. Kinda sad that it's only a spin-off though. So far, only hating the main character (Akari).

So awesome to see Aria being badass in a fight though.
Oct 10, 2015 12:43 AM

Apr 2009
Dropping this spin-off is FOREVER!
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 10, 2015 6:29 AM

Mar 2014
Infatuate said:
Lame, I'd watch but then I'd have to watch the original first. Fuck JC staff.

you actually don't need to watch the orginal to watch the spin off.

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

Oct 10, 2015 12:02 PM

Mar 2014
Rayzer said:
StrawberryRain said:

No need. But if you got free time, watch the original.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 10, 2015 9:33 PM

Mar 2015
Damn... I got soooo disappointed with this.... I know it'd be a spinoff, but I thought that Aria would be the MAIN character. Then what we got is a spin off focusing on a NEW character, being a big fangirl of Aria. I've gotten in this series around last year or so, and when I heard about the spin-off I got excited... then the first episode kind of let me down.

Also... if this spin-off were Alternate Universe as some people said, the least they could do is drop Kinji out from this series. If it's really an AU, I know it'd be a what if scenario. But seriously, Kinji and that crazy yandere girl and the sniper girl become a cameo that probably returned for the sake of "hey here we have the characters from the main series." The lack of Kinji is making this series a letdown, so it'd be better if they don't shove a "hey here's a cameo, but he's not gonna play a big role anymore."

Kinji's only partner should've been Aria. They should've just removed that scene. God damn spin-off.

Oct 11, 2015 5:14 AM

Dec 2013
Just like alot of others i wish this had more Kinji. It was a good episode not gonna say that i didnt enjoy it but i am such a big fan of Aria and Kinji that its sad to see him just getting cameos. I just hope Aria doesnt start falling in love with Akari. Akari and her friends can fall in love but Aria shouldnt. I know its a spin off but she never showed once a moment of liking girls in the original series (If it is a Prequel then she should have the same feelings that way) so if she suddenly likes girls thats stupid. I have nothing against Yuri its just i love Aria an Kinji. Anyway im looking forward to episode 2 next week and i hope we have more cameos of Kinji.
Oct 11, 2015 5:35 AM

Jul 2010
I liked it more than I thought I would. looking forward to the next episode ~
Oct 11, 2015 6:33 AM

Oct 2008
it was OK...a bit...but of course the art has been improved since S1 was years ago...
cool OP from nano.
3/5.

Oct 11, 2015 7:42 AM

Aug 2014
bastek66 said:
Fipse said:

Isn't it an AU?

Well I'm confused. Which one is it? Sequel spinoff, prequel spinoff, or AU spinoff?

Personally, I think it might be a prequel spinoff because I can't imagine Kinji and Aria splitting up. Well, unless there was a good reason for it.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Oct 11, 2015 8:53 AM

Mar 2014
TwilightMystery said:
bastek66 said:

Well I'm confused. Which one is it? Sequel spinoff, prequel spinoff, or AU spinoff?

Personally, I think it might be a prequel spinoff because I can't imagine Kinji and Aria splitting up. Well, unless there was a good reason for it.

It starts off as a prequel then it slowly goes into the events of the orginal story then it moves be on those events

Oct 11, 2015 9:05 AM
Oct 2015
WTF ... I wish they continue the season 1 .. because the story is not completed yet and now they release the other story of "Hidan no Aria" .. i wish they make the season 2 of the "Hidan no Aria" cause i really like the first story..
Oct 11, 2015 10:48 AM

Aug 2014
Mami-Sexual said:
TwilightMystery said:

It starts off as a prequel then it slowly goes into the events of the orginal story then it moves be on those events
That makes senses. Thanks for explaining it in a way without spoilers. If this show will go into the events of the original story I expect we might be seeing more of Kinji if even a little bit and see his interactions with Akari.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Oct 11, 2015 12:43 PM

Feb 2014
I would perfer season 2 but this will have to do

Kinji isn't going to do much right ?
MroujeeeOct 11, 2015 12:47 PM
Oct 11, 2015 2:07 PM

May 2015
Hmm, interesting and decent episode. Nice music. That preview though, makes me a bit curious of what will happen next episode.

Oct 11, 2015 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
Kinji will appeared again and when Akari hear about that Aria found a partner, then she later will know about it later in series and there is already on that part when here friend go yandere mode.
It's sound really strange to hear Kokoa from Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka thought lmao

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 11, 2015 3:45 PM

Jun 2014
Decent start. Nice action and direction. Nothing to dislike at this point. Think I'll steer clear of the main series though with it being a harem. MC looks lame anyway.
Oct 11, 2015 6:58 PM

Mar 2014
Blackbird said:
Kinji will appeared again and when Akari hear about that Aria found a partner, then she later will know about it later in series and there is already on that part when here friend go yandere mode.
It's sound really strange to hear Kokoa from Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka thought lmao

Your not supose to post spoilers be on episode 1 like that

Oct 12, 2015 12:46 AM
Nov 2014
First season left many questions. And what they do? Correct, they continue with a spinoff full of yuri elements. Same as Soul Eater Not, an EPIC FAIL.

Are they retarded there or what? Have they marketing director? Who will buy this shit? They took a story with big potential and made a YuruYuri of it, with senpais and pink ponies. OMG Somebody help me to unwatch this shit.
Hit0kiriOct 12, 2015 1:46 AM
Oct 12, 2015 3:27 AM

Dec 2011
I wished we could have gotten a second season instead... oh well we will see old characters again.

Except for Aria and Reki, the lack of Kinji, Shirayuki and even Riko in the opening disturbs me. Although a plus because its sung by Nano.

I really hope we get to see more of the other characters having a little bit of spotlight, just like Touma in Railgun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2015 12:05 AM

Apr 2009
well i drop this show instantly well back to Aikatsu
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 13, 2015 4:43 PM

Apr 2015
She will not be friends with anyone for long nor any of them qualifies to be her partner! Why? Why no watch the SEQUEL!

ARIA HAS NO FRIENDS BEFORE MEETING KINJI.

THIS AKARI IS SHIT,
#CHEXIT
Oct 13, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
Can already tell I wont like this.

Watched the first season so I'll stick with it, but it'll be painful.

Who's idea was it to even adapt this side story?
"oh yea, let's go from Kinji, a MC who turns into a badass shooter with the comedic gag of cheesy lines, paired with Aria and Shirayuki...to worthless girl obsessed with Aria who brings nothing noteworthy or enjoyable to the table. Oh and just to cockslap fans we'll cameo Kinji, Shirayuki, and Rico".

Kind of feel bad that Nano's insanely badass OP song has to be attached to this show.

If we could just get a regular season 2 that would be great...but if Index taught me anything about JC Staff, that's not going to happen.
Oct 13, 2015 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
Rayzer said:
Wow, Too many complaints and dropping it on it's very first episode?
Just how bad this crab mentality be? It's not a good hobby you know?
Well I guess, I can't blame those anime only watchers who posted here just to complain.

Why the hell are you bolding and accenting random words?

It's not making it look like you're emphasizing your rant. It's making you look like you don't know how to use a keyboard.
Oct 13, 2015 10:23 PM

Jun 2015
No kinji? Ain't watching.
Oct 14, 2015 1:09 AM

Jun 2013
well that was boring
Oct 14, 2015 10:21 AM

Jun 2011
Oh please dont tell me that AA is going to mean something like Anti Aria -.- judging from that foreshadowing of Aria having an uneasy feeling and Akari's dream in the start. Also from the opening of both Aria and Akari being chained up and layered over one another switching.

I really did not need this spin off of some girl fangirling over Aria that will be useless for 90% of the anime, I mean she cant even fire a gun properly....
Also Aria could only really open up to Kinji because of their relationship so are they just going to ignore this? Also if this runs along side the main series should Aria not be going through numerous emotional situations not making it that great a time to hang out with some dribbling fangirl?
The first season was not great by far but I sure would of liked another season of that far more than this.

This just does not seem to work nearly as well as a spin off compared to something like Railgun running alongside Index which is an excellent spin off when it is sticking to the source material and not doing anime original shit. I mean the Railgun sisters arc is for me still the best thing in the Index/Railgun anime series. This spin off though just seems to be a terrible idea for an adaptation.
DragoonDeusOct 14, 2015 10:45 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 14, 2015 11:39 AM

Jan 2013
D3pthCharge said:
Lol Y'all thought Kinji was a good character... really? He is just some generic male lead who happens to become OP af when he gets turned on.

He was the usual nice guy with a side of sarcasm, which was decent at best, but then the whole Hysteria Syndrome BS.

Not that his role in this side story would make up for the useless MC anyway.

Except for the fact, that he doesn't want anything to do with Aria for a good half the show, doesn't like how his condition makes him behave, has an inferiority complex with the rest of his family, and he treats everyone with respect.

If he was a girl, I bet you'd like him sorry her* though. There's nothing wrong with his personality or behavior and he actually develops unlike some other protagonists.
Oct 14, 2015 2:06 PM

May 2010
Kinji looks different in this adaptation. As expected of Doga Kobo. Rest of them look pretty similar.

Well, this was silly but kinda enjoyable at times. 6/10. Why am I watching so many shows like these, sigh.
Oct 14, 2015 2:46 PM

Nov 2009
should i watch the 1st season before watching this anime? thanks

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Raika is the least likable character in the entire show and probably anime

Neolightveo - Dec 11, 2023

1 by sorames »»
Dec 12, 2023 5:33 AM

» Shoujo Ai?

Mele - Nov 24, 2015

29 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2015

40 by wildhood »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:51 PM

» Where does Hidan no Aria AA take place?

SleepySenpaiSama - Oct 10, 2015

23 by Jomi13111 »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2015

53 by DmonHiro »»
May 24, 2021 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.