Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2009 6:16 PM

Nov 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hum, filler arc seems to be almost finished, interesting to see how this had happened before and happened again.
SoulHunterFDec 15, 2009 6:26 PM
Dec 15, 2009 6:19 PM

Feb 2009
Well, this week's Shinigami Cup was amusing.
Dec 15, 2009 6:24 PM

Feb 2008
250 episodes = 100 hours !!

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty good ep. It would be nice if we had a bit more background info on the rebellion at the time but it was still enjoyable.

I would be a little bit surprised if this was near the end of the filler, but personally I hope it doesn't end for a while given the terrible adaptation of the manga canon prior to the filler.
Dec 15, 2009 6:28 PM

Nov 2009
Well, can't see how they could drag this on for another 10 episodes, he got freed so now what... 10 episodes of talking... that wouldn't be much better...
Dec 15, 2009 6:31 PM
Mar 2009
Nah its about to end... Theres plenty of stuff in the manga for a couple more months of animated bleach anyway so its about time

But its funny how the filler arc is actually better than the original ^^ this ep was pretty good, and it was obvious at the end that Kouga would turn agaisnt Muramasa...

Also interesting that this episode explains why Byakuya has been following muramasa... because kouga used to be a member of the kuchiki family, even if "adopted"
Dec 15, 2009 7:12 PM

Sep 2007
So Kouga was a part of the Kuchiki family. Guess that does explain Byakuya's actions but what is Byakuya going to do exactly? Follow Kouga or cut him down to protect the Kuchiki name.
Dec 15, 2009 7:22 PM

Mar 2008
I totally saw this coming. It wouldn't be twisted if Koga just ally with Muramasa and fight with Ichigo. What I didn't foreshadow was the reason.
Dec 15, 2009 7:38 PM

Oct 2008
Good episode, I'm glad we get some background on who this Kouga guy is. I kind of felt sorry for him there since he was hated by people for being strong even though he tried to help the Soul Society. Now I'm kind of curious why Muramasa wanted to get him out so bad if Kouga hates him. Looks like there will be more talking and flashbacks next week so we might find out.
Dec 15, 2009 7:59 PM
Apr 2009
Dont care, dont care, why does he have a muzzle, we waited that long for Murumasa to get himself killed? BS. almost over
Dec 15, 2009 8:51 PM

Aug 2008
Sorry, if this was a few hundred years ago, shouldn't Byakuya have been alive? I don't really get how he was unaware of a family member, especially as the head of the family.
Dec 15, 2009 9:15 PM

Aug 2008
Frostwake said:
Nah its about to end... Theres plenty of stuff in the manga for a couple more months of animated bleach anyway so its about time

But its funny how the filler arc is actually better than the original ^^ this ep was pretty good, and it was obvious at the end that Kouga would turn agaisnt Muramasa...

Also interesting that this episode explains why Byakuya has been following muramasa... because kouga used to be a member of the kuchiki family, even if "adopted"
Wasabi said:
So Kouga was a part of the Kuchiki family. Guess that does explain Byakuya's actions but what is Byakuya going to do exactly? Follow Kouga or cut him down to protect the Kuchiki name.

Not sure. But it's one or the other. He either helped to get him free to because he believed he wasn't bad. Or he's there to kill him. And yeah it was a tad obvious he was going to stab him before he did.

Good episode though.

akihikosama said:
Good episode, I'm glad we get some background on who this Kouga guy is. I kind of felt sorry for him there since he was hated by people for being strong even though he tried to help the Soul Society. Now I'm kind of curious why Muramasa wanted to get him out so bad if Kouga hates him. Looks like there will be more talking and flashbacks next week so we might find out.

I felt bad for him too :(. Not sure why Muramasa wanted him out. I thought before either he didn't know he was going to turn against him. Or to get ride of his master. But I feel bad for Kouga, he wasn't a bad guy in the begging :(. And his all Muramasa's fault.

Sucks when your zanpakutou is evil.

noteDhero said:
Sorry, if this was a few hundred years ago, shouldn't Byakuya have been alive? I don't really get how he was unaware of a family member, especially as the head of the family.

No idea...maybe he was a on a vacation, lol...
Dec 15, 2009 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
so, here i was like "yay~! kouga stabbed murasama and thus the arc should end soon~!" and i see the previews and my hope dies.

.-.

can we move on to the actual storyline to which i saw a video spoiler of a certain fight to already? DX
Dec 15, 2009 10:20 PM

Dec 2009
It was interesting to know about Kouga. If he is a Kuchiki, I wonder what relation he had with Byakuya. I really want to know that.

On the other hand. The filler is almost over! Ulquiorra vs Ichigo!! Yeah!
Dec 15, 2009 11:05 PM

Jun 2009
WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END? TOO... MUCH... FILLER......*passes out*
Dec 15, 2009 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
so muramasa's original owner was a part of the kuchiki family, huh? thats interesting, and he doesn't seem to like muramasa near the end there
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 16, 2009 12:41 AM
Mar 2009
I never thought Kouga would be part of the Kuchiki family, so I found that somewhat interesting. But the backstory wasn't really anything to write about and that twist ending was predictable. 2/5 episode.
Dec 16, 2009 1:19 AM

Apr 2009
nice episode, flashbacks are always good)

anyway it will be around 3-5 episodes.... Ichigo's fight..

then how they will return all teh zampaktous to the shinigami..
then how they will 'revive' those zampaktous that are 'broken'
and we will be back on the main story)
Dec 16, 2009 3:40 AM

Apr 2009
better than the previous 3-5 episodes
Dec 16, 2009 5:09 AM

Dec 2009
It was a good ep, though i feel really bad for Kouga, but everybody was waiting for this :/
Dec 16, 2009 5:10 AM
Sep 2008
AoiMemori said:
so, here i was like "yay~! kouga stabbed murasama and thus the arc should end soon~!" and i see the previews and my hope dies.

.-.

can we move on to the actual storyline to which i saw a video spoiler of a certain fight to already? DX

It's HIGHLY likely that video spoiler will be better than the anime adaptation of that fight (it is pretty damn awesome if I do say so myself). I wouldn't wish for it so easily.
I liked the story in this ep, but they could've made Kouga a bit more....selfish. They said they imprisoned him because he was getting too arrogant, but he wasn't really. Would've helped to make him a bit more..badass if you know what i mean.
Dec 16, 2009 6:31 AM

May 2009
Good, interesting flashback episode. Kouga seems like a nice character.
Dec 16, 2009 7:46 AM

Sep 2009
5hRreDDy said:
250 episodes = 100 hours !!

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty good ep. It would be nice if we had a bit more background info on the rebellion at the time but it was still enjoyable.

I would be a little bit surprised if this was near the end of the filler, but personally I hope it doesn't end for a while given the terrible adaptation of the manga canon prior to the filler.

they probably will fill that in in a later arc
Dec 16, 2009 8:01 AM

Mar 2009
That was really good.

Dec 16, 2009 8:15 AM

May 2008
noteDhero said:

It dependes, by not saying how many years this could be very well been before he was born, and who said he was unaware? As far as we know Kouga may be the reason why Byakuya betrayed the shinimagi, that's at least what I believe.
Dec 16, 2009 8:24 AM

Jun 2009
stAtic91 said:
Good, interesting flashback episode. Kouga seems like a nice character.

Yeah well if you dont count the victimes he killed because they stand in his way
then maybe

My oppinien the Kuchiki family gets always creepierer and every time I cant stand them more and more
well at least the secret about Muramasa Master is no secret anymore
Dec 16, 2009 8:35 AM
Jul 2009
Kouga from what i understand is Ginreis son-in-law...Ginrei is Byakuyas grandfather...So is Kouga Byakuyas uncle or father?
Can't wait to find out!!:))
emi22Dec 16, 2009 3:47 PM
Dec 16, 2009 8:36 AM

Nov 2008
Kouga was a Kuchiki? That was shocking!
Dec 16, 2009 8:59 AM

Aug 2008
Soulstrider said:

It dependes, by not saying how many years this could be very well been before he was born, and who said he was unaware? As far as we know Kouga may be the reason why Byakuya betrayed the shinimagi, that's at least what I believe.

I think it's clear he found out when he snuck into the library however many episodes ago. I mean that he should have known in the first place as the head of the Kuchiki's. Kouga is either an uncle or his father, so it's rather inexcusable to me.

I think it's clear that Kouga 'betrayed' the shinigami because he sees this as his responsibility as the head of the family (ie. his pride) to continue with his grandfather's decision.
Dec 16, 2009 9:29 AM

Aug 2009
I think you're right about that Byakuya may be Kouga's son. In next ep. we'll probably see fight between them. I'm curious to know what's with Muramasa. Why Kouga hit him?

"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead."
Dec 16, 2009 9:32 AM

Aug 2009
Compare to last 2-3 episodes this one was very good.Even while i realy hate flashbacks this was fun to watch.Ichigo and Ishida at the end was awesome:D
4/5
MyrwyssDec 16, 2009 9:35 AM
Dec 16, 2009 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
Very good episode. Had really nice and consistent story. Explains Byakuya's motives and actions. I was very excited to know that Kouga was part of the Kuchiki family.
I'm interested in the woman at Kuchiki's residence. Who is she?
Dec 16, 2009 9:48 AM

Aug 2009
She must be someone who we know...but I don't know who;)

"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead."
Dec 16, 2009 9:54 AM

May 2008
I felt kinda sad for Muramasa when Kouga stabbed him into his belly T_T
NOO MURAMASA DONT DIE , YOUR SOOO CUTE AND COOL .I think they'll die (Kouga and Muramasa) but i'd like that better , if they were invited back ^^
Dec 16, 2009 10:53 AM

Feb 2009
This was a good episode, I liked the hitory on Kouga, he was good. Damn although it is generic how he was again betrayed by the corrupt Soul Society, why the hell does Yama-ji no learn from all these occurences lol. He must some tupid leader. Nice twist at the end where he just stabbed him, now all we need to find out why he did that, and why did Byakuya betrayed, this will have some good outcome. Nice battles......hopefully. People its far from ending, it will last a year!
Dec 16, 2009 11:00 AM

Nov 2009
Kouga is so pitiful he tried his best so that Kuchki will look at him I almost cried becouse he didn't do anything rong :(

also I laghed out loud at Ishida in the pictuer book XD
Dec 16, 2009 12:20 PM

Mar 2009
So if Kouga is Byakuya's Grandfather's son-in-law, doesn't that make Byakuya like Kouga's son? Lol, confusing.

Nice little filler episode there anyways.
Dec 16, 2009 12:44 PM

Apr 2009
It's interesting how a filler arc can be a lot better than the actual phase of the manga/anime....
Dec 16, 2009 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
Frostwake said:

Yeah lot's of stuff. Aizen is standing 5 meters in frond right now in the manga of where he was standing before the anime stops. He moved whole 5 meters.

Anyway this episode was probably the best since this fillers started. Flash backs episodes are always good because they have a story to tell instead of showing Ichigo running around or stupid unspired battles. The fact the we didn't saw Ichigo's face also helped.
Dec 16, 2009 2:09 PM
Aug 2009
I'm sure they will let us know how Byakuya and Kouga are related, perhaps Father/Son. They really did not show Ginrei's daughter's face. I don't know why the fight might take that long. Ichigo should just let Hollow Ichigo do the job from the very beginning, but I guess he enjoys getting beaten up. I don't think Muramasa dies. I have a feeling that Kouga stabbed Muramasa to regain power over his zanpakatou. The sword Kouga was holding looked broken.
Dec 16, 2009 5:05 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Interesting story and ending.

Dec 16, 2009 5:43 PM

Sep 2009
As I though that Kouga have a relation with Byakuya. Since Byakuya wants to help that Muramasa. Well,that is a best episode.
Dec 17, 2009 9:32 AM

Sep 2009
is any one else thinking that they are trying to say that Kouga is Bakuya dad?
Dec 17, 2009 10:42 AM

May 2008
Finally an episode that wasn't that boring, I liked the flashbacks very much but isn't it a little predictable now again? I mean Soul Society always has problems with his own people, betrayal or just simply misunderstandings but always an inner person cause trouble.
Dec 17, 2009 12:05 PM

Sep 2009
Wasn't it said some episodes ago that noone remembered Muramasa's master? Based on this episode most of older shinigami should have at least heard of him and someone would definitely remember enough to tie Kouga to it. I mean, he was a prodigy shinigami adopted into a noble family and capable of slaying all who he wanted to, not to mention that they actually KNEW what Muramasa's powers were and still couldn't connect that with what was happening... How stupid can shinigami be?

Wait don't answer that - I'm still waiting to see how soon the current two strongest captains (apart from Unohana maybe) and their freaking commander will think of using shunpo 3-4 times up and 5-6 times forward to get away from that flame trap... -.-"
Dec 17, 2009 3:32 PM

Nov 2007
I really sympathize for what happened to Kouga's past. I don't think Muramasa's gonna die from that stab.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 17, 2009 5:20 PM

Sep 2009
i want to see ulquiorra fight ichigo!
>.<
these fillers have been pretty good but still
just end it already
and this weeks shinigami cup was funny as xD
i think i get why byakuya betrayed them now :)

Dec 18, 2009 7:46 AM

Jul 2009
Flashback in a filler...the lowest form of anime
Dec 18, 2009 8:50 AM

Jul 2009
ahhhh, what the hell? so kouga is a kuchiki, i guess only their family can wear those weird barrettes?
Dec 18, 2009 9:33 AM

Nov 2009
Omg, Muramasa goes through all the trouble to get him out of there and he stabs him XD How nice. And lmfao at the Shinigami Cup!
Dec 18, 2009 5:25 PM

May 2009
This is the best episode I've seen in a WHILE. Do I dare hope this filler is going to get good again?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 21, 2012

153 by Zorosake »»
8 hours ago

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.