Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
Kokko said:

Half of the episode should have been set in the headmaster's room but the anime director arrogantly decided to have the characters also talk outside of it. It ruined the setup for Ikki's and Stella's coming arcs. Disgusting.

Eh but I think that it's more interesting when the scene changes rather than it being in the headmaster's room all the time.

It would be rather hard to depict a scene change in the novel because it'll disrupt the flow, whereas in the anime, a change of scene helps keep it lively.

Edit:

Here's what I mean. It's all conversation. You can't just make a scene change by saying they moved to outside the dorm room.
SigsigOct 3, 2015 2:12 PM
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Oct 3, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2014
it is very similar to asterisk but maybe better....

what´s with the red hair? high school XD,shinmai maou no keiyakusha,and this one.....mmm japanese fetichism hahhha

Sunakko-ch4nOct 3, 2015 2:17 PM
Oct 3, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
I can sort of see why this can be something to look forward. A LN friend of mine did say that this is one of the better ones, despite the somewhat generic setting of a magical school and all.

Using his full potential in one minute, seeing more of Ikki's tactics should be fun.

This season has quite a few of characters being addressed as princess.
Oct 3, 2015 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
Mentar said:
Rakudai will not win the originality cup, but it does a few things very well. It has likable characters and (something that is literally unheard of) fast, real and lasting romance development between the MCs.
There's KareKano.

Anyway, I'll pass.
Spoil myself with the "plot twist" later.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 3, 2015 2:18 PM

May 2012
Well then, that exceeded my expectations. Liked Ikki from the start and was feeling mixed about Stella, but ended up liking her towards the end as well.

Well, guess I can see why some of the LN readers for this were hyping it up a bit compared to other stuff.

Maybe I'll check out the LN as well if this keeps up.

Oct 3, 2015 2:18 PM

Jun 2013
The sterotpyes and the cliches are strong with this one but at least it looks pretty. Familiar but pretty.
Oct 3, 2015 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
Kokko said:
robis798 said:

What were the divergencies?

Half of the episode should have been set in the headmaster's room but the anime director arrogantly decided to have the characters also talk outside of it. It ruined the setup for Ikki's and Stella's coming arcs. Disgusting.

This is exactly why and only why this episode sucked!
Oct 3, 2015 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
Mentar said:
4) Over the next episodes, with the critics mostly gone, the remaining people will be able to enjoy things mostly undisturbed.

this will never happen, most of idiot will come again and say shit about the show. Especially the Edgy Lords one. Is MAL after all.

Red_Tuesday said:

nice cartoon though i never read the comic :C.
Temera1reOct 3, 2015 2:38 PM
Oct 3, 2015 2:23 PM

May 2012
The first episode of this was much better than the first episodes of gakuen toshi whatever.
Oct 3, 2015 2:27 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
The tupical cliches of such LNs but I like Stella so far. And good production values.
Oct 3, 2015 2:34 PM

Dec 2014
Not bad. Not bad at all. Don't disappoint, Silver Link.
Oct 3, 2015 2:34 PM
Oct 2015
Is it me or the Old man in the beginning's voice actor is the same as One Piece Whitebeard?
Oct 3, 2015 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
I will defend this series as NOT a harem to the death. Come at me.
Oct 3, 2015 2:40 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty generic, uninteresting episode. So many cliches there is no way to note them all...

Also srsly, the series seemed to establish itself as all about 'untalented' vs 'talented' people, we see the very talented Stella, and the supposedly untalented MC, but then suddenly the MC turns out to be a f***ing god of talent, seriously he is fucking talented as fuck, just in a different way to Stella.... I really loved the initial theme of a talentless guy struggling to survive in a world full of talented people.. I was about to empathise with the MC. Suddenly the MC turns out to be some martial God of swordfighting and able to use his magic effectively despite low amount of it... I hate how that theme gets thrown out the window in Ep 1.....
I am a human.
Oct 3, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
This is how most MC should behave...when see your waifu undress, undress as well.
The haters will complain and say shit again.
Well, as for me I LOVE this type of anime/manga/novel.
Looking forward for more epicness to come.
Oct 3, 2015 2:42 PM

Mar 2011
Ok.... this is a standard and it's not from the standard ....

(btw guys, I think I'm getting this déjà vu too.... combating MC, worst character and which turned to be the best... NOW HAND DOWN THE IMOUTO AND SISCON AND TELL ME THERE IS ONLY ONE FEELING LEFT muhahahaha...)

Well, a mixture of standards is now a typical standard....

so, right.... it's another one of those shows
Oct 3, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2013
Kokko said:
robis798 said:

What were the divergencies?

Dropping this buggy all the way to China
Oct 3, 2015 2:48 PM

Aug 2010
Lol'd so much at how similar Asterisk and Rakudai were. Esp watching them back to back. Pinkish hair fire princess that had the MC enter on her while changing then hit him and challenged him to a duel XD

But liked Rakudai more because Ikki seems cooler and Stella is way cuter. She already apologized and the scene when she was touching Ikki in his sleep was lol
Oct 3, 2015 2:49 PM
Aug 2015
Wait, when you people are saying it's not gonna be a harem(inb4 spoiler, so many comments on first page have said this lol), do you mean that in the sense of - MC actually only loves one girl (main female) and gets together with her? Or in the sense of there's another male char out there competing for the female?

I know it's weird-ish question or whatever but I'm really interested, could anyone who read the manga/LN elaborate this? I don't mind anyone spoiling it for me, but I'm guessing others don't want to know, so either spoiler tag or PM me will do (please, i'm dying to know, lol)
Oct 3, 2015 2:53 PM

Oct 2014
"strongest"? LOL. If he fails finishing a fight in that one minute he has pretty much lost. That's a pretty big flaw for someone who some people in this thread consider as "overpowered".

Also Ikki can only use that ability once in a day. What if he had two hard fights on the same day? He would be pretty much done for.
Oct 3, 2015 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Wisely_Done said:
Wait, when you people are saying it's not gonna be a harem(inb4 spoiler, so many comments on first page have said this lol), do you mean that in the sense of - MC actually only loves one girl (main female) and gets together with her? Or in the sense of there's another male char out there competing for the female?

I know it's weird-ish question or whatever but I'm really interested, could anyone who read the manga/LN elaborate this? I don't mind anyone spoiling it for me, but I'm guessing others don't want to know, so either spoiler tag or PM me will do (please, i'm dying to know, lol)

Oct 3, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2009
Kokko said:

Err... and so? I don't see how any of this would impact things?

They shifted things around a little bit, but overall, the anime stayed fairly close to the original, in my opinion. Though I was a bit disappointed that they shortened the headbump scene ;)
Oct 3, 2015 3:05 PM

May 2013
Mentar said:
Kokko said:

They shifted things around a little bit, but overall, the anime stayed fairly close to the original, in my opinion.

You're not a true fan.
Oct 3, 2015 3:08 PM

Aug 2013
Temera1re said:
Mentar said:
4) Over the next episodes, with the critics mostly gone, the remaining people will be able to enjoy things mostly undisturbed.

this will never happen, most of idiot will come again and say shit about the show. Especially the Edgy Lords one. Is MAL after all.

My dream is to see the day when people says they will drop will actually stop to see the show and comment.
Oct 3, 2015 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
Grey-Zone said:
"strongest"? LOL. If he fails finishing a fight in that one minute he has pretty much lost. That's a pretty big flaw for someone who some people in this thread consider as "overpowered".

Also Ikki can only use that ability once in a day. What if he had two hard fights on the same day? He would be pretty much done for.

Except for Tatsuya most LN MCs have one drawback to their ultimate ability anyway. So no nothing new about that just the usual LN stuff.
Oct 3, 2015 3:17 PM

Jul 2014
Kokko said:
Mentar said:

They shifted things around a little bit, but overall, the anime stayed fairly close to the original, in my opinion.

You're not a true fan.

LMFAO!

Great episode though. The fight scene was shit though, it was literally sped up shitty animation. They fucking skipped the tomato juice scene as well, wtf?

5/5
"Hi!"
Oct 3, 2015 3:18 PM

Apr 2014
Kyruga said:
Temera1re said:

My dream is to see the day when people says they will drop will actually stop to see the show and comment.

+1 for this
Oct 3, 2015 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
Complaining about unoriginality after first episode...

Ayy LMAO. Typical MAL.

Beautiful art and animation. Good initial characterizations. Cute female MC. Male MC knows how to handle a tsundere, instead of being a beta.

Good initial impression so far. 5/5.

Just_ChickenOct 3, 2015 3:28 PM
Oct 3, 2015 3:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Better than Seirei Tsukai so far. Oh well too many generic magical academy series for today.... Will have to watch a few more episode to see.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
I swear I've seen this episode already today!. Well this > Gakusen so far. But the art for the other one was better.

Yes I agree this was oddly better than Asterisk minus the animation.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 3, 2015 3:39 PM

Feb 2015
very similar to Gakusen Toshi, in facts it's rather odd the first episodes were so similar. Yes it's cliché & unoriginal in parts but I think it's gonna be allot of fun plus the art was pretty good.
Oct 3, 2015 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
I just read some of the manga after so many people defending the series. It felt better than Gakusen Toshi Asterisk but nothing to add than that. I like to spoil myself a little.

Veredict: In my watching list.
Oct 3, 2015 3:40 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode....

LOL @ "I won't even make an excuse saying I didn't see what I saw. So... How about I take my clothes off and we call it even?"
Oct 3, 2015 3:42 PM

Jul 2014
WOW it was bearable although i think i saw its twin(Gakusomething something Asterisk) earlier today, anyway i hope it doesn't disappoint me cus i do enjoy good generic harem/ecchi shows full of cliches as long as they aren't insulting the viewer.
Oct 3, 2015 3:53 PM
Oct 2009
I think i saw some same scenes in gakusen toshi asterisk. :D:D
This season looks season of red and pink haired princesses.
This season looks season of harem animes. :D
Well this episode was great and fun i'm watching this anime. ^^

Score:5/5
Oct 3, 2015 4:09 PM

Apr 2015
May be a so absolute that more serious
I hope it's better than absolute duo

🌙 Sailor Moon 🌙

Oct 3, 2015 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
Another anime they pulled out of the recycling bin. WTF is happening to anime these days, it's almost like Hollywood.
Oct 3, 2015 4:17 PM
Feb 2015
Next episode comes imouto, maybe alice?
Anyway next week we get to see Yuri-chan animated :D
Oct 3, 2015 4:17 PM

May 2015
This first episode was really enjoyable. O Stella, you bad girl, touching people. Lol. This will definitely be a fun watch this season, looking forward to it.

Oct 3, 2015 4:18 PM

Aug 2015
Vooo said:
Another anime they pulled out of the recycling bin. WTF is happening to anime these days, it's almost like Hollywood.

Cant this apply to every entertainment industry?? I mean complete originality isn't the primary goal anymore; what matters is the execution and the unique aspects doesnt it?
Oct 3, 2015 4:23 PM
Oct 2014
This is fine. The good animation and voice acting keep me till the end. It feels like Mahouka with light fan service. Comedy is alright.

Not bad overall. Will be keeping this one.
Oct 3, 2015 4:32 PM

Nov 2014
Lol the tropes are real

Now seriusly, comparing this with asterisk i like this more, the comedy feels better and the MC is not soo stupid...

The animatión is really good also
Oct 3, 2015 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
Mathwizard said:
Vooo said:

Cant this apply to every entertainment industry?? I mean complete originality isn't the primary goal anymore; what matters is the execution and the unique aspects doesnt it?
Hey man you're right, but I feel like it lacked both of these things.

Oct 3, 2015 4:53 PM

Feb 2009
Decent episode. But yeah, when you hit yourself on the back of your head, you bandage your forehead....wth.
Oct 3, 2015 4:57 PM

Jan 2009
shiroux said:
Decent episode. But yeah, when you hit yourself on the back of your head, you bandage your forehead....wth.

That's been one of the changes. In the original, Stella jerks upward, bumps her head, and then falls down the bed, face-ahead *ouch*. Hence the cut on the forehead. She tries to play it off claiming spilled tomato juice, but noone's buying ;)
Oct 3, 2015 4:58 PM

Aug 2013
Cabron said:
Mathwizard said:

Most of anime nowadays don't show unique contents on the first episodes, the history have to develop first and some shows don't even have time to show your true colors( for example Serei no Tsukai no Blade Dance stopped before the history really gets interesting).

So far this show and asterisk are good, MCs generics? Yes, but they have some trails of personality with is good(i laughed hard on Stella's pervert scene), lets see how they develop in both shows.
Oct 3, 2015 5:01 PM

Aug 2015
Not bad, kept me interested throughout the whole episode. Mc being the weakest/worst one based on not being able to evaluate his strength reminds me of Mahouka. Kinda hoping he gets more OP ;)
Oct 3, 2015 5:07 PM
Sep 2015
Oh God Oh God Oh God!!! AniLinkz "Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry" Ecchi Tagged!!!!!!

LoL.
Oct 3, 2015 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
Kyruga said:
Cabron said:

Most of anime nowadays don't show unique contents on the first episodes, the history have to develop first and some shows don't even have time to show your true colors( for example Serei no Tsukai no Blade Dance stopped before the history really gets interesting).

So far this show and asterisk are good, MCs generics? Yes, but they have some trails of personality with is good(i laughed hard on Stella's pervert scene), lets see how they develop in both shows.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 3, 2015 5:10 PM

Mar 2012
BTW this is official chart for character ability.

http://www.ittoshura.com/character/index.html
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 3, 2015 5:11 PM
Mar 2014
So many spoilers. Smfh MAL. You fucks could just say it was different.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Recommendation

lightning_angad7 - May 11

15 by GagzxAizen »»
Yesterday, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.