Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who is your favorite Rewrite girl?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 27, 2015 10:52 AM

Jun 2010
I feel like it's gonna be a close fight between Akane and Lucia (maybe Kotori). I really didn't think my favorite character Lucia was that popular, always thought Kotori and Akane were the fans number 1/2.
Sep 27, 2015 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
helski666 said:
I feel like it's gonna be a close fight between Akane and Lucia (maybe Kotori). I really didn't think my favorite character Lucia was that popular, always thought Kotori and Akane were the fans number 1/2.
In the japanese poll of Rewrite Akane was top 1, Shizuru was 2nd, Lucia was 3rd, Kotori was 4th, and Chihaya was 6th http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite_hf/rank/
IshkotenSep 27, 2015 2:23 PM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 27, 2015 11:11 AM

Jun 2010
The poll was rigged, it's impossible for Yoshino to not be 1st place!
Thanks for the link, saved it for future references cause of half naked Akane.
Sep 27, 2015 11:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ishkoten said:
helski666 said:
In the japanese poll of Rewrite Akane was top 1, Shizuru was 2nd, Lucia was 3rd, Kotori was 4th, and Chihaya was 5th http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite_hf/rank/
I like how they have Akane as a child as a separate option
Sep 27, 2015 12:03 PM

Dec 2012
Rewrite is one of the few games you could say doesn't have any bad characters at all. Even the side characters are great. With so much greatness it is hard to pick a favourite and if I have to choose I would choose Chihaya because I like her type of character: the whimsical girl with a tragic past. Also her route offers one of my favourite action scenes from the game
"... I'm sorry... I... like you... That's why... don't be kind to me... I'm an... idiot, see... if you're nice to me, I'll misunderstand you... If you... be nice to me... I won't be able to take it any longer..."
-Fujibayashi Kyou
Sep 27, 2015 12:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Nanaki1997 said:
Rewrite is one of the few games you could say doesn't have any bad characters at all. Even the side characters are great. With so much greatness it is hard to pick a favourite and if I have to choose I would choose Chihaya because I like her type of character: the whimsical girl with a tragic past. Also her route offers one of my favourite action scenes from the game
Pretty much this

I still think Grisaia's character cast is the best throughout but Rewrite's probably second
Sep 27, 2015 3:31 PM

May 2015
ez akane
Sep 27, 2015 5:54 PM

Sep 2012
Lucia cause Ryukishi da best
Sep 27, 2015 7:57 PM

May 2012
Shizuru - she's both totally adorable and...

However, of the character routes, I like Lucia's best and Shizuru's second-best. Well, to be honest, I like all of them, characters and routes! And since they're not options on the poll, let's have some love for Yoshino, Sakuya and Nishikujou, too! =) Oh, and Chibi-Moth! <3
Sep 27, 2015 8:50 PM

Dec 2011
Akane is top tier
Sep 27, 2015 8:51 PM

Jul 2013
1. Akane
2. Lucia
3. Chihaya
4. Shizuru
5. Kotori
6. Kagari

in that particular order
C:
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 27, 2015 10:29 PM

Sep 2011
FontSize72LOL said:
Jakerams said:
I'm glad I did vote for Chihaya in this case lol I figured she was the least popular but not by this much.

I don't think she's THAT unpopular, its just that she's not peoples #1 pic.

Still, it's sad that she's the least popular heroine.

Anyway, for me:

Lucia > Akane = Chihaya > Kotori > Shizuru = Kagari.

Sep 27, 2015 11:21 PM
Feb 2015
For me it's:

Common Route only:
Akane > Kotori > Lucia > Chihaya > Shizuru (Kagari doesn't exactly show up)

Including Character Routes:
Shizuru > Chihaya > Kotori > Akane > Lucia > Kagari
Sep 28, 2015 4:09 AM

Oct 2012
My vote is for Cherry-kun... XD

Sep 28, 2015 5:08 AM

Aug 2009
Hmm, I was expecting Kotori to be more popular than Shizuru and Lucia... I guess I was wrong. Shizuru I can understand, but I found Lucia to be unbearable at times. Yes, later on in her route she started getting pretty cute, but early on (especially in the common route) she was a complete bitch at times.

But I agree with what most people are saying, it's hard to dislike anyone from the cast of Rewrite.
Sep 28, 2015 5:46 AM

Mar 2013
In Chihaya's route,

I don't see Lucia as a bitch, maybe a bit too extreme in the common route -- but it was Kotarou that started it with his frivolous behavior and teasing her.

If you played Hf as well, you see some more of the overwhelming dere side of her. In my opinion she is just misunderstood.

Even if she was 3rd in that poll, there was a small advent in Japan some time ago where she scored 2nd after Hf, if it wasn't my imagination.
That poll was actually compiled before the official release of Hf, despite the pictures being from Hf if I remember right. I like everyone from Rewrite, except

Anyway for me:
Lucia -------> Akane ----> Kotori ----> Terra Kagari ----> MOON Kagari -----> Shizuru/Chihaya

Anyway, guys, while I usually keep out of sight for anime translating and focus on visual novels, I make exceptions for Key and especially will do with this work...

Comments from Twitter, news about Rewrite or whatever related to Rewrite that anyone wants translating -- make a post about it or send me a message about it, I'll translate it when I see your post.
UsuzumiiroSep 28, 2015 7:51 AM
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Sep 28, 2015 6:28 AM
Jul 2012
Usuzumiiro said:
In Chihaya's route,

I don't see Lucia as a bitch, maybe a bit too extreme in the common route -- but it was Kotarou that started it with his frivolous behavior and teasing her.

If you played Hf as well, you see some more of the overwhelming dere side of her. In my opinion she is just misunderstood.

Even if she was 3rd in that pool, there was a small advent in Japan some time ago where she scored 2nd after Hf, if it wasn't my imagination.
That pole was actually compiled before the official release of Hf, despite the pictures being from Hf if I remember right. I like everyone from Rewrite, except

Anyway for me:
Lucia -------> Akane ----> Kotori ----> Terra Kagari ----> MOON Kagari -----> Shizuru/Chihaya

Sep 28, 2015 10:50 AM
Jun 2015
I'm still playing Rewrite, but so far, my favorite is Shizuru.
Kotori is a close second, Katarou's third, Akane being fourth, and Yoshino being fifth for being hilarious.
I haven't met Kagari or Sakuya(I think that's his name) yet.
I haven't seen enough of Lucia to have thoughts on her but who knows, she might become my favorite.
I, personally so far, dislike Chihaya. She's way too loud and bitchy over Katarou seeing her underwear and mentioning what was on it in a hallway. I think the one time her voice wasn't piercing my ears was that scene on the bike.
So basically...
Quiet Chihaya = Good
Bitchy Chihaya = Annoying as fuck.
She might get better, who knows.
Oh yeah, and the teacher's pretty funny.

I'm still in the common route on the tenth/eleventh of october(I forgot)so I hope I can finish it before the adaptation comes out.

And yeah.
1.Shizuru
2.Kotori
3.Akane
4.Lucia
4.Karagi
5.Chihaya
JunkAccount101Sep 28, 2015 10:54 AM
Sep 28, 2015 12:28 PM

Jun 2010
It's like one of the 1st civilized "best girl" threads I saw in a while. No salt, everyone respecting other people choices, talking about their favorite characters without exaggeration etc.
Luserina79 said:
so many lucia bros here!!!

We welcome you our brother in arms!
Sep 28, 2015 12:40 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
helski666 said:
It's like one of the 1st civilized "best girl" threads I saw in a while. No salt, everyone respecting other people choices, talking about their favorite characters without exaggeration etc.
Probably because as has been said several times in here, Rewrite's heroine cast is very good on all fronts. So it's not like it's all that difficult to understand why someone else might like a different girl a bit more than you do. There's no justification for saying someone else has shit taste if you also like that character decently enough on the inside :s
Sep 28, 2015 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
Lucia is life, Lucia is love~ Can't wait to see her animated :3
Sep 28, 2015 1:02 PM

Aug 2009
JewellTH said:
I'm still playing Rewrite, but so far, my favorite is Shizuru.
Kotori is a close second, Katarou's third, Akane being fourth, and Yoshino being fifth for being hilarious.
I haven't met Kagari or Sakuya(I think that's his name) yet.
I haven't seen enough of Lucia to have thoughts on her but who knows, she might become my favorite.
I, personally so far, dislike Chihaya. She's way too loud and bitchy over Katarou seeing her underwear and mentioning what was on it in a hallway. I think the one time her voice wasn't piercing my ears was that scene on the bike.
So basically...
Quiet Chihaya = Good
Bitchy Chihaya = Annoying as fuck.
She might get better, who knows.
Oh yeah, and the teacher's pretty funny.

I also disliked Chihaya at first, but I grew to like her after reading her route. It takes a while to get going, but it was a lot of fun. Definitely not my favorite girl, but she has her charms.

helski666 said:

Yeah, at first I was afraid this would end up being a salty MY GIRL IS BEST GIRL thread like on the UBW forums, but thankfully Rewrite's fanbase is different. :)
Sep 28, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2010
HaXXspetten said:
helski666 said:
Probably because as has been said several times in here, Rewrite's heroine cast is very good on all fronts. So it's not like it's all that difficult to understand why someone else might like a different girl a bit more than you do. There's no justification for saying someone else has shit taste if you also like that character decently enough on the inside :s

Actually one of the selling points, at least for me, when it came to Rewrite, was as you mentioned, the fact that I couldn't bring myself to dislike any of the female main characters. In other VN's or anime, there always is that one annoying character that makes you question the sanity of people that say they like him/her. Actually it's a shame there's no "best male character" poll around, since I'm interested to see who would be the most popular out of the 3: Sakuya, Kotarou and Yoshino.

Samu-tan said:
Yeah, at first I was afraid this would end up being a salty MY GIRL IS BEST GIRL thread like on the UBW forums, but thankfully Rewrite's fanbase is different. :)

If you even open the UBW best girl thread, it's like the worlds biggest saltmine, the sodium levels there are to damn high xD
helski666Sep 28, 2015 1:12 PM
Sep 28, 2015 1:20 PM

Aug 2011
Akane > Shizuru = Kotori > Chihaya > Lucia > Kagari

Seems like I'm one of the very few people who didn't particularly like Lucia. Her route was good, but as a "best girl" candidate, she only beats Kagari. And that's because Kagari didn't have much of a character altogether.

At first I adored Kotori. Then I played more and couldn't decide between her and Shizuru. Then I played Akane's route at the very end, and she definitely got the 1st place in my heart.
Sep 28, 2015 5:35 PM

Aug 2010
Wow it's quite tough for me since I really like most of them. Rewrite has a great female cast probably one of the best.

I guess my rankings are:

Kotori>Lucia>Chihaya=Akane>>Shizuru>>>>>>>Kagari

I just grew to like Kotori more and more as time went on.
Sep 28, 2015 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
helski666 said:

As someone who's had contact with both fanbases, I couldn't agree more. Usually the Rewrite fanbase is pretty chill, and you can get very good discussions and exchange of ideas with them. In the Fate fanbase, if you share an idea everyone will jump at you like they're hungry tigers haha.
Sep 28, 2015 5:56 PM

Sep 2012
Lucia. Didn't like her that much in the common route, but dear god once I hit her route I started loving her. IMO some of the best scenes in the novel are in her route too.
Sep 28, 2015 6:18 PM

Jun 2010
Tenyasha said:
Lucia. Didn't like her that much in the common route, but dear god once I hit her route I started loving her. IMO some of the best scenes in the novel are in her route too.

Sep 29, 2015 4:31 AM

Jul 2014
Chihaya >>>>>>> Shizuru > Kotori > The rest pretty much equal
Sep 29, 2015 7:21 AM

Mar 2013
No bashing in here yet -- if you are amused by people insulting each other and bashing, Charlotte selection is the best place to be.... LMAO

Anyway, some pictures:
Lucia (non-ero doujin + Hf, other)~
[spoiler]

Shizuru (manga)~

Kagari (animation)~

Kotori (drawings)~

Needs more Akane and Chihaya...

Ah, if anyone wants to see the tapestries in my room, I'll take a picture later...
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Sep 29, 2015 7:34 AM
Jun 2015
Usuzumiiro said:
No bashing in here yet -- if you are amused by people insulting each other and bashing, Charlotte selection is the best place to be.... LMAO

1+

Since you mentioned it, I don't think Rewrite is the type of series to have that sort of stuff.
So basically, Rewrite is like when you come to your friend's place and they happen to be rich, and Charlotte's like a warzone.
Sep 29, 2015 7:55 AM

Jun 2010
JewellTH said:
Usuzumiiro said:

1+

Since you mentioned it, I don't think Rewrite is the type of series to have that sort of stuff.
So basically, Rewrite is like when you come to your friend's place and they happen to be rich, and Charlotte's like a warzone.

I think it's more of a: People had high expectations of Charlotte and they got a mediocre anime, and Rewrite having already a fanbase that knows, in most cases, how it's all gonna unfold when it comes to the story. Although the salt/bitching may start if we get a really bad adaptation, and that's somewhat understandable since we have a product which we can compare the anime to. In my case I wasn't expecting much of Charlotte, and thus wasn't dissapointed.
Sep 29, 2015 8:05 AM
Jun 2015
helski666 said:
JewellTH said:

1+

I think it's more of a: People had high expectations of Charlotte and they got a mediocre anime, and Rewrite having already a fanbase that knows, in most cases, how it's all gonna unfold when it comes to the story. Although the salt/bitching may start if we get a really bad adaptation, and that's somewhat understandable since we have a product which we can compare the anime to. In my case I wasn't expecting much of Charlotte, and thus wasn't dissapointed.

Oh, I can imagine the complaints now.
Rewrite, episode 1- Chihaya has cherries on her underwear, NOT strawberries!
Sep 29, 2015 8:22 AM
Aug 2009
Story-wise, Lucia's route is just too great, emotion-wise is Kotori's one (especially when you play it before other heroines' routes when you still have no idea what's going on), and Akane in common route, can't say much about Chihaya and Shizuku. But the poll is about choosing favorite one so it's Kotori.
Sep 29, 2015 10:13 AM

Jun 2010
JewellTH said:
helski666 said:

That would be some Fate/Stay Night UBW level of complaining right there. I just wish for a non-butchered (1 or 2 episodes) Lucia and Akane route, and that Kotori will have the same character as in the Visual Novel.
Sep 29, 2015 10:15 AM
Jun 2015
helski666 said:
JewellTH said:

That would be some Fate/Stay Night UBW level of complaining right there. I just wish for a non-butchered (1 or 2 episodes) Lucia and Akane route, and that Kotori will have the same character as in the Visual Novel.

I had a similar conversation to someone on YouTube conveniently a week before the Rewrite anime was announced and confirmed suggesting how much episodes each route should have. I'll try and find it.
Sep 29, 2015 10:24 AM

Jun 2010
JewellTH said:
I had a similar conversation to someone on YouTube conveniently a week before the Rewrite anime was announced and confirmed suggesting how much episodes each route should have. I'll try and find it.

Yeah the number of episodes per girl will make or break the anime, since the Moon route has a heavier impact if you experianced all of the routes in one way or another, and are familiar with everyones background/reasons to fight etc. Well the routes won't matter if we won't get a semi-decent common route.
Sep 29, 2015 10:29 AM
Jun 2015
helski666 said:
JewellTH said:

Yeah the number of episodes per girl will make or break the anime, since the Moon route has a heavier impact if you experianced all of the routes in one way or another, and are familiar with everyones background/reasons to fight etc. Well the routes won't matter if we won't get a semi-decent common route.

Hopefully, they aren't stupid enough to either stick to the Moon and Terra route, or try to combine all the routes(That last one wouldn't go well no matter how hard one tried imo)
Sep 29, 2015 10:42 AM

Jun 2010
JewellTH said:
helski666 said:

Hopefully, they aren't stupid enough to either stick to the Moon and Terra route, or try to combine all the routes(That last one wouldn't go well no matter how hard one tried imo)

Combining all the routes would be like shooting yourself in a foot... with a missle. Well after experiancing Grisaia No Kajitsu adaptation I must say I felt disgusted at the poor effort of putiing all the character routes together. Some say: "But Meikyuu and Rakuen were great adaptations"... In my humble opinion if we go with this train of thought, Rewrite could be something like this: 13 episodes of common route + all the heroin routes, and 13 episodes of perfectly adapted Moon and Terra. Either you adapt something well from the begining or don't bother, but hey... sales/money is where it's at right?
At least I don't have high expectations so I can be pleasently suprised xD
Sep 29, 2015 10:49 AM
Jun 2015
helski666 said:
JewellTH said:

Combining all the routes would be like shooting yourself in a foot... with a missle. Well after experiancing Grisaia No Kajitsu adaptation I must say I felt disgusted at the poor effort of putiing all the character routes together. Some say: "But Meikyuu and Rakuen were great adaptations"... In my humble opinion if we go with this train of thought, Rewrite could be something like this: 13 episodes of common route + all the heroin routes, and 13 episodes of perfectly adapted Moon and Terra. Either you adapt something well from the begining or don't bother, but hey... sales/money is where it's at right?

I found the episode suggestion in that YouTube discussion.

Common route - Four to five episodes.
Kotori's route - Four episodes.
Chihaya's route - Six episodes.
Akane's route - Six to seven episodes.
Shizuru's route - Four episodes.
Lucia's route - Six to seven episodes.
Moon Route - Six to seven episodes.
Terra Route - Five Episodes.
I could argue with that last one.

So the shortest amount of episodes according to this prediction would be 41 episodes.
Sep 29, 2015 11:02 AM

Oct 2011
JewellTH said:
helski666 said:

So the shortest amount of episodes according to this prediction would be 41 episodes.

Huh? Six to seven episodes for what is considered to be the shortest route? I'd like to know how they plan on padding that one out. (Moon)
Sep 29, 2015 11:04 AM
Jun 2015
Crymsong said:
JewellTH said:

Huh? Six to seven episodes for what is considered to be the shortest route? I'd like to know how they plan on padding that one out. (Moon)

I got confused too. But that's what the suggestion said. I think if they changed it to four, or even three episodes, the idea would be great.
Sep 29, 2015 11:13 AM

Jun 2010
I think the Common route could be a little longer, if they shoot for a double 24 episodes cour bonanza I certailny could see that happening, although a 24 episodes and a 13 episode cour could lead to them chipping off most of the common route and some of the heroin routes. From what I see six episodes for Moon is to long while four to five episodes of only common route is to little, but it's only my opinion.
Sep 29, 2015 11:20 AM
Jun 2015
helski666 said:
I think the Common route could be a little longer, if they shoot for a double 24 episodes cour bonanza I certailny could see that happening, although a 24 episodes and a 13 episode cour could lead to them chipping off most of the common route and some of the heroin routes. From what I see six episodes for Moon is to long while four to five episodes of only common route is to little, but it's only my opinion.

That is true, after all it does have the most lines out of all the routes?(Found out on a qanda forums website)
Sep 29, 2015 11:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You could easily do Moon in like 3 episodes..

And the common route should be more like 8 or so imo; there is quite a lot of stuff to introduce
Sep 29, 2015 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
My idea for a feasible but decent adaptation would be:
1 cour for the Common route + Kotori's route (a 7-6 or 8-5 split would be ideal).
1 cour for a Guardian route that combines stuff from Shizuru and Lucia's routes, + Akane's route, which will add some scenes to satisfy the 3 Chihaya fans in the world.
1 cour for Moon + Terra.

OMG, I'm actually starting to get hyped. Maybe Tanaka will even fix the many problems that I had with best girl Kotori's route.
Sep 29, 2015 11:32 AM
Jun 2015
Lollo36 said:
to satisfy the 3 Chihaya fans in the world

I imagined Chihaya getting shot when I read that XD
Sep 29, 2015 11:41 AM

Jun 2010
JewellTH said:
Lollo36 said:
to satisfy the 3 Chihaya fans in the world

I imagined Chihaya getting shot when I read that XD

Lets not over exaggerate. There's at least a couple dozen of them in the world, the rest just thought it was Sakuya's route.
Sep 29, 2015 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
Kagari isnt getting as much love as I thought she would

I mean

Kuudere + Kana Hanazawa

No one? Really?
Sep 29, 2015 12:17 PM
Jun 2015
Lunar8 said:
Kagari isnt getting as much love as I thought she would

I mean

Kuudere + Kana Hanazawa

No one? Really?

I thought she was loved as a character too, but I guess not.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.