Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 20, 2015 5:31 PM

Jan 2015
This was my favorite anime this season in the beginning but now it's gotten worse. And there is probably going to be a huge cliffhanger in the last episode which doesn't help things. Such a shame.
Sep 20, 2015 5:32 PM

Jul 2015
I just want Ginger to go ham already.

Now I'm waiting for the ost to be released! TSUTCHIEEE!!!
Sep 20, 2015 5:55 PM

Oct 2011
Oh what a shame there's only one more episode....I feel like this should have been 13 eps to make the ending less rushed.

I don't know why they crammed two plots that Wornick and Nic are going to be entering and try to finish it in one episode....Sucks that this will most likely not get a second season considering the show is just a few chapters behind the manga...
Sep 20, 2015 6:37 PM

Sep 2014
Not sure what I think of this episode, kind of feels like this show hasn't been as good lately and this ep didn't even have Worick or Nic in it.

Will be really disappointed if this doesn't end amazingly since this has been one of my favorites this season!
Sep 20, 2015 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
I really wish I understood more about this new hunter group and the stories behind all these people , but oh well ... they seem pretty interesting too.

It was a pretty good episode though, even though it was so one sided for the most part haha. For whatever reason it feels like this anime is just starting to pick up momentum and still has a lot of unexplained plotlines so I wonder if it will continue later. Should probably look at the source material to see how much the anime adapted, or is this show anime original?

EDIT: Oh so there's a manga with not enough source material left after anime finishes? Dang
Sep 20, 2015 8:49 PM

Aug 2015
great episode , i can't believe there's just few days until the final episode how sad it is T_T.

i felt so bad when i saw doug could barely breath, he had a funny character that unfortunately we lost him.

looks like the real war has just beggun and i don't think one episode enough to show us how this war gonna end cuz there were some new characters appeared especially alex's brother, i want to know more about him and his sister and how they ended up like that.

well, all i can do right now until the final episode is wishing there is another season cuz one episode to finish everything IS NOT ENOUGH AT ALL.
Sep 20, 2015 8:51 PM

Sep 2013
Cresse said:
its a shame, i really liked the whole set up of the anime but with all the new bad guys, everybody getting their ass kicked, and probably no second season ill probably give it a 6 unless the last ep. is mindblowing

Same.
Sep 20, 2015 9:35 PM
May 2015
Hummm, No worrick and Nic scene here, too bad for Doug.

It looks like even them hunters are no match for Ginger.

Nice panty shot.
Sep 20, 2015 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
Shit got too real this episode.

RIP Doug. Didn't even get a chance to fight back.

These hunter people are OP as fuck. Just normal humans, not even twilights, and they're fucking errbody up. Lolipop axe girl already has like a body count of 100.

Everybody raves about how badass Nic is, but after learning about him being a faker, and after this episode...goofy red head lesbian girl with huge boobs is clearly the fucking top dog. That S rank isn't a joke.

Clearly two of those hunters, the smoker chick and the grey haired guy who chokes people have a history with Constance and Marco. Hope she doesn't die. Nor Marco.

*Also, Constance called Marco Adriano Aniki...are they siblings? Did they go the wincest route? Or was that just a way for her to tease them and they aren't really related?

Wonder if this will get a second season. I don't see how there's any way in hell they can finish this arc in 1 episode. Way to many things going on for them to wrap up:
- Alex meeting her brother
- Striker and Barrette taking Constance and Marco dealing with it
- Other hunters who are still fighting
- Absence of Worrick and Nic and what they're up to
- Delico finding Erica
Sep 20, 2015 10:11 PM

Dec 2010
Nooooooooooo! Doug ;A; I really liked him, especially his interactions with Nicolas :c
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2015 11:29 PM
Apr 2014
How come doug rejected the celebrer? was hoping he wowouldn't go down so easily without a fight.
Sep 21, 2015 12:45 AM

Apr 2014
This anime is such a mess.
Sep 21, 2015 1:26 AM

Jun 2015
A little better than the last couple episodes, but still disappointing, plus Doug's death meant nothing, there was no real build-up and no emotion. I'm glad there's only one episode left, this show started strong, but has become a mess.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Sep 21, 2015 2:16 AM

Feb 2015
Shit! They were able to kill Doug! He was one of my favorite characters... :'(
Nicolas and Worick weren't even in this episode.
Alex finally remembered everything.

I'm pretty sure everything won't get resolved just in one episode. So, does it mean there'll be another season?!
Sep 21, 2015 2:18 AM

Feb 2015
seeusmile said:
How come doug rejected the celebrer? was hoping he wowouldn't go down so easily without a fight.

I agree. WTF was wrong with him?!
Sep 21, 2015 4:10 AM

Nov 2014
It hurts, this anime really hurts.
But then when was an anime about gangsters ever happy?
Sep 21, 2015 5:03 AM

Feb 2015
The end is almost here cannot wait..

For those who need the know

MagnaMoon said:

I'm pretty sure everything won't get resolved just in one episode. So, does it mean there'll be another season?!

No, it will be a long wait for season 2.
The anime is spot on for the current 6 Voumes out..
Sep 21, 2015 5:49 AM
Oct 2014
FallenUndead said:

MagnaMoon said:

^this.

I think the anime kind of bit more than it could chew. Given that the manga isn't THAT much ahead of the anime, it'll most likely end on a cliffhanger. For those dying to know what happens next, read the manga as it would be a long time before there will be a season 2 (if there is going to be on at all).

And for those who don't know much about the Hunters, there is a manga about
the hunters that is set before GANGSTA - do check it out if you want background info on them :)

Although it was a bit disappointing to not see Nic and Worick, it was also nice to see other characters get more screen time :) our favourite duo will be back next week.

Also agree with what others have previously said, Doug's death scene was not probably 'good' (what even is a good death scene?) because Tags die all the time... I personally thought the music was fitting - although not elaborated in the anime, Doug is really close to Galahad. Maybe others could interpret the music as Doug 'coming home' to his friend? There is one scene related to this in the manga that might clear up why they 'brushed off' Doug's death, which they might reveal in the next episode - so keep an eye out for that too!

Honestly, this anime could have done many things better but you can pretty much say that for everything. Plus, with the added bonus of little source material and how manga can be pretty hard to adapt well, you just can't please everyone. There were a number of memorable scenes in the anime and really do think they did a good job :) but ofc, that's my opinion :P

Looking forward to the last ep! It has been a great ride so far
TeriyakiNinja007Sep 21, 2015 5:55 AM
Sep 21, 2015 8:00 AM
Jan 2009
sigh guess this is going to be like a spider man 3 of anime's ....
Sep 21, 2015 8:36 AM

Feb 2015
TeriyakiNinja007 said:
FallenUndead said:

^this.

I think the anime kind of bit more than it could chew. Given that the manga isn't THAT much ahead of the anime, it'll most likely end on a cliffhanger. For those dying to know what happens next, read the manga as it would be a long time before there will be a season 2 (if there is going to be on at all).

And for those who don't know much about the Hunters, there is a manga about
the hunters that is set before GANGSTA - do check it out if you want background info on them :)

Although it was a bit disappointing to not see Nic and Worick, it was also nice to see other characters get more screen time :) our favourite duo will be back next week.

Also agree with what others have previously said, Doug's death scene was not probably 'good' (what even is a good death scene?) because Tags die all the time... I personally thought the music was fitting - although not elaborated in the anime, Doug is really close to Galahad. Maybe others could interpret the music as Doug 'coming home' to his friend? There is one scene related to this in the manga that might clear up why they 'brushed off' Doug's death, which they might reveal in the next episode - so keep an eye out for that too!

Honestly, this anime could have done many things better but you can pretty much say that for everything. Plus, with the added bonus of little source material and how manga can be pretty hard to adapt well, you just can't please everyone. There were a number of memorable scenes in the anime and really do think they did a good job :) but ofc, that's my opinion :P

Looking forward to the last ep! It has been a great ride so far

Man, the Gangsta Cursed is off to an amazing start, Loving it so far, can't get enough of it..
Also, I mean they did take out a few funny moments between Nic and Worick and some other scene's but the anime hit everything pretty much spot on. I mean for only 6 Volume's they did alot right. There are stuff I wished that added more of but maybe that will be added on blu ray release.

I am in totaly love of this anime but then again I was in love with the manga as it was my first manga I read over and over again becuase it's awesome so the anime is already high up for me and I'm really glad they didn't screw it up.
Sep 21, 2015 9:06 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode with decent action, though character development has more or less stopped. Oh well, let's see how it all ends next week.
Sep 21, 2015 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
Wow... no appearance by either Worick or Nicolas. They better show up in Episode 12!

Intense episode, but it seems like there's a lot left hanging with only one episode left. My biggest fears are that they'll either rush through the story in Episode 12 or will leave some things unresolved. I wouldn't feel quite so uneasy if I knew that more episodes are coming at a later time, but there's been no announcement of more episodes in the future. Unless there's a splash screen at the end of Episode 12 with an announcement...

Hopefully Episode 12 won't disappoint!
ljaesch1Sep 21, 2015 12:39 PM
Sep 21, 2015 11:37 AM

Mar 2012
Haven't been enjoying this as much as I used to once the hunters showed up. Now they end up killing Doug without even having him fight and Connie ends up getting kidnapped -_-
Sep 21, 2015 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
I still like Gangsta,
but I hope we'll see more action and epicness in the next episodes, because I have the feeling nothing happend in the recent episodes, besides talking blabla
Dragon5xDSep 21, 2015 12:14 PM
Sep 21, 2015 12:10 PM

Aug 2013
An episode in which the protagonists nor appeared, the plot was developing slowly and then reaches the last episode, I'm curious to see how the endpoint of anime ..
Sep 21, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
the hunters are not twilights right? the how the hell are they beating twilights left and right? Doug is dead amn and where the hell are handymen?!
Sep 21, 2015 12:27 PM
Dec 2011
How come people are saying it will be only 1 season? I mean the manga is still ongoing, and the show imho is really awesome (great ost!). Also, reminds me a bit of a mix between samurai champloo and the bleach espada arc. ^_^.
Sep 21, 2015 12:48 PM
Mar 2012
Let's just say I'll pretend some things didn't happen ^^
Sep 21, 2015 1:03 PM

Sep 2014
Oh well.. sad to see Doug like that.. at least he is smiling..

I somehow have liking to Sig.. Despite her brutal behaviour..eh

Liked the whole episode..
Sep 21, 2015 3:21 PM

Mar 2009
I had no idea those two were lesbians.
Sep 21, 2015 4:12 PM

Oct 2013
Theanimevoyeur said:
SchwingBoner said:

Well, I had a feeling Doug was gonna die. Sad to see him gone.
I want to see a Ginger & Gina versus Sig & Colt fight. Not sure how they're going to resolve everything in just one ep.

let's all take a sec and appreciate dat Ginga ass!!!!!!

Amen to that brother!

But ugh, Gina disappoints me as a leader...Half of her men die and she just goes back to sleep? I mean, I know a mercenary corp should be filled with tough guys who're able to take care of themselves otherwise they're not fit to be there but still. Of course, it makes her an interesting character that we'll probably never get to find out much more about because there's little chance we'll get a 2nd season... :(

Sig was a bit too OP for my tastes though but great action-packed ep regardless.

Look's like shit's really hitting the fan..
Sep 21, 2015 6:40 PM

Jun 2014
I feel like animation improved a little this episode so that's good.

This anime really bit off more than it could chew :/ There's absolutely no way to resolve any of this in the next episode, I wonder where they're going to end it...they should've either stopped before this arc or made the season a few episodes longer.

Doug ;~; I was so upset when I read that part. Although, as I think someone mentioned earlier, I fee like his death felt a little more sad in the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2013
RIP Doug :(

On a side note, Loretta looks real cute in her hair down :)
Sep 22, 2015 9:20 AM

Apr 2013
Steven15ify said:
This show is way overrated.
you mean like how you rated SAO a 9/10? or SnK a 10/10? Tell me more.
Sep 22, 2015 12:55 PM
Jul 2014
danieltortoisee said:
So much violence, but it all seems to involve characters whose names I don't even care to remember. Doug was the only remotely significant casualty, and it looks like it'll stay that way with how many new characters being introduced left, right and centre. Also, what the hell were the Handymen doing that means they can't be around to help out? They weren't even in this episode at all.

It's sort of obvious is it not? The hunters cut off lines of communication to the Twilight ghetto and killed the runner the guild sent to alert everyone to the attack(Doug). Multiple characters speculate as to what exactly is going on, but no one seems to understand that the guild is actually under attack(I guess the city is a pretty big place). This city is pretty scummy as it is, so I think they're trying to tell us that this sort of thing is fairly commonplace so people are being slow to react.
Sep 22, 2015 8:29 PM

Mar 2014
Those bastards killed Doug! What the hell?!!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 23, 2015 12:24 AM

Oct 2011
DOUG NOOOOOOOOOOOOO T__________________T
Sep 23, 2015 3:48 AM

Mar 2013
can they really close all this in 1 episode?
Sep 23, 2015 4:03 AM
Jul 2015
I thought the episode was great. I didn't even realize Nico and Rick weren't there until I read the forum.

One of the best episodes in my opinion.

Poor doug though He and marco are 2 of my favorite secondary charries
Sep 23, 2015 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man that was bloody, I hoped to see more of Ginger fighting but there is still 1 more episode. I can’t believe that Doug died but then again Sig isn’t messing around with that damn axe of hers. Marco knowing Striker and Bretta was a huge surprise and I can’t wait to know more about that!! Nic and Worrick aren't there this time though.
Sep 23, 2015 7:15 AM

Oct 2011
Not of fan Gina not caring about her soldiers dying.

I thought she would be a better leader than that.
Sep 23, 2015 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
I am officially bored with this anime.
R.I.P Doug too bad I don't give a shit.I barely got to know ye.
You were that one kid who fought Nicolas almost to a stand still then you became a friend minimally then you die. That's it.

Fuck I hate that this anime is actually just Shounen clad in mature themes.
Heck even the new enemies this time is so Shounen and nonsensical in their outfits.
I also hate the fact that Normals has no presence whatsoever.Can they even do anything other than just to fucking die?
Even the twilights from the Guild just fucking dies.
It all boils down to the Main characters to have a 1-1 fight with the baddie.

Not to mention that the Four Fathers family feels like they're pretty useless,I've yet to see them to actually do anything.
They always get their asses kicked solely by One-three twilights running amok.

Fuck go back to slowly revealing Worick and Nicolas past.
I'm 100% more interested in that than this garbage that's happening right now.
NeutralSideSep 23, 2015 8:13 AM

Sep 23, 2015 4:14 PM

Aug 2014
doug's death feels much faster than the manga.

ginger and gina were great.
Sep 25, 2015 6:22 AM

Sep 2014
I got lost some episodes ago. Its like the anime turned completely. I have to rewatch everything when this season is over, what the heck is going on?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 25, 2015 6:03 PM

Apr 2015
It's amazing how Gangsta became boring to watch right as the hunters were introduced.

Yawn worthy.
Sep 25, 2015 9:27 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode, I have actually gotten into reading the manga a few episodes back and am now up to date with it :D
Sep 26, 2015 4:34 AM

May 2014
Well fuck, that was one intense episode. Too much to call up. Doug died *~*
That S/0 girl is fucking hot. And ginger is a man? Or does Ginga just say 'sir' because of a higher rank?
Sep 26, 2015 4:37 AM

Dec 2013
Comander-07 said:
I got lost some episodes ago. Its like the anime turned completely. I have to rewatch everything when this season is over, what the heck is going on?

The story and events flow is pretty poor in this show. And it's messy in general.
Sep 26, 2015 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
R.I.P Doug

A great episode before the end, the action was intense. Ginger and Gina are so cool.
Sep 27, 2015 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
I want to see Gina/Sir in action. I'm sure she's higher than Ginger.

Oh, seeing them together got me excited. Nice seeing some lesbians in an Anime/manga that isn't a yuri for a change.
臭い-
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

350 by Cersil »»
Feb 27, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2015

236 by BadCatBodhi »»
Feb 5, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sunakko-ch4n - Sep 10, 2015

107 by Cammell »»
Jan 8, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2015

155 by Cammell »»
Jan 6, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2015

169 by Cammell »»
Dec 31, 2023 12:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.