Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2013
barmar said:
na35899 said:

um i wanna know why shaltear was like that in the first place?

are those traveler that strong to process world level item?

and if shaltear was so strong why cant she kill them all before they made her paralize.. i guess?
I gave some answers about that in the previous ep thread but basically it was due to Shalltear's own carelessness. The Man who she knocked over was estimated to be around Narberals level so yes pretty strong. But it was still the item that was unexpected for her.

As for their ecounter, that was shown in the anime too when Shalltear was looking for that escaped ranger and suddenly her familiar died.

thank you
more question
so is naberal level the strongest level a human can get?
what is ains level? and is there anyone stronger or equal to ains?
Sep 15, 2015 11:19 AM
Oct 2011
I dont think I should be answering some of those in this thread so I'll just go with yes/no.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1417598&show=0#msg41833431-this should be the thread.

No.
Ainz is 100 which is max, and yes
barmarSep 15, 2015 11:34 AM
Sep 15, 2015 11:20 AM

Mar 2015
That scene with Albedo and Ains was nice.

Though Ains has a unique taste should I say for his creation xD?

Tho I'm seriously hoping for a season 2 if the sales are doing well.
Sep 15, 2015 11:25 AM
Oct 2013
^

Lol at Pandora's Actor, that scene made me laugh so hard

The scene with Albedo surprised me in a good way 8/10

Too bad they changed a good number of things like not introducing 2 characters.
Sep 15, 2015 11:46 AM

Feb 2015
I hope they put all the effort in the fight.
Pandora's Actor saved the episode thanks to his voice actor.
I was expecting they removed Nigredo scene since it was long, but... they removed 90% of the chapter </3
No shizu </3 From what they animated, she wouldn't have even needed to say a word (if she were there).
Sep 15, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
Pandora's Actor show up and make Momonga go red lol.
Momonga is mad and real piss...world class item damn.
I wonder, did Shalltear manage to kill that old lady that use the world class item on her? Hope she does so that other member of Nazarick don't get control as well.
Off to the battle Momonga go and RIP Shalltear T_T
Sep 15, 2015 11:52 AM

Oct 2010
Hehe mad pandora's actor embarrasses ains :)
Looking forwards to the fight and i need to make real progress with the light novel soon.
Sep 15, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2013
Another rushed episode. I guess the fight will be rushed too and we will have an anime original end. I was really looking forward to seeing Albedo's older sister.
Sep 15, 2015 12:18 PM

Apr 2008
-Dizzy- said:
Another rushed episode. I guess the fight will be rushed too and we will have an anime original end. I was really looking forward to seeing Albedo's older sister.

Nah probably two episode long fight with switching back to Nazarick at times
Sep 15, 2015 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Nah probably two episode long fight with switching back to Nazarick at times

I know but I'm not expecting much. I wouldn't be surprised if they butcher the fight as well. I can only hope that they at least adapt the fight properly.
Sep 15, 2015 12:44 PM
Dec 2010
I don't understand because Momonga/Ainz must kill Shalltear, can anyone explain me?
He can't save her?
Sep 15, 2015 12:50 PM

Apr 2008
Vastman said:
I don't understand because Momonga/Ainz must kill Shalltear, can anyone explain me?
He can't save her?

What part of he can't break the mind control of a world level item didn't you get?
Sep 15, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2015
Vastman said:
He can't save her?

Ainz can't free her from the mind control status since it was due to a World Class Item. So it's absolute. He we'll have to kill her to recover her.
It's pretty much explained in the anime adaptation, so...
Sep 15, 2015 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
i lost it when ainz said shaltear's name is "Honyopnyot.... Honyopnyoko"

No one?
Sep 15, 2015 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
Nezperdian said:
Vastman said:
He can't save her?

Ainz can't free her from the mind control status since it was due to a World Class Item. So it's absolute. He we'll have to kill her to recover her.

Can't he ressurect her tho? After he killed her obviously
Because he said there is a way to save Shalltear.. i don't think he actually meant by perma killing her

Overall enjoyable Episode, but have to say since Episode 9 it's not as good as it was actually
I am no LN reader so i can't really complain about the story rushing, but it kind of feels this way tho
Well hopefully the final Episodes will compensate and show some good fights
Sep 15, 2015 1:01 PM

Oct 2011
Pandora's Actor appearance is the Steins;Gate choice!
Sep 15, 2015 1:03 PM
Dec 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Vastman said:
He can't save her?

Thanks!
What part of he can't break the mind control of a world level item didn't you get?
Nezperdian said:
Vastman said:
He can't save her?

Thanks!
Sep 15, 2015 1:04 PM

Mar 2015
kurikinton said:
as a person who didnt read the novel
i dont understand what you people are blabbering about XD

I wonder the same thing. And also, avoiding spoilers is a very hard work.

Sep 15, 2015 1:05 PM

Feb 2015
Vious said:
Nezperdian said:

Can't he ressurect her tho? After he killed her obviously
Because he said there is a way to save Shalltear.. i don't think he actually meant by perma killing her

Overall enjoyable Episode, but have to say since Episode 9 it's not as good as it was actually
I am no LN reader so i can't really complain about the story rushing, but it kind of feels this way tho
Well hopefully the final Episodes will compensate and show some good fights

The answer for your question it's a spoiler, so feel free to read it:
Sep 15, 2015 1:18 PM

Dec 2014
Pandora's Actor. XD

I felt sad on that Momonga and Albedo scene. Too bad for her, Momon x Clementine is otp....

When Ainz finally gave Clem that very warm embrace, i wept with joy.
Sep 15, 2015 1:19 PM

Apr 2008
testamentKAISER said:
Pandora's Actor. XD

I felt sad on that Momonga and Albedo scene. Too bad for her, Momon x Clementine is otp....

When Ainz finally gave Clem that very warm embrace, i wept with joy.

Spine snapping is not a sign of love =_=
Sep 15, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2010
man love this episode/adaption <3 can't wait for next ep. Demiure < Spelt it wrong :D
StardewSep 15, 2015 1:23 PM
Sep 15, 2015 1:32 PM

Jan 2015
As someone who doesn't read the LNs (yet), I found the episode to be enjoyable. Pandora's Actor was amazing, I missed seeing Ainz act as his human self.
Sep 15, 2015 1:34 PM

Apr 2008
Algunosbata said:
As someone who doesn't read the LNs (yet), I found the episode to be enjoyable. Pandora's Actor was amazing, I missed seeing Ainz act as his human self.

You were cheated out of a systematic slaughter of the adventurers who accompanied Ainz as well as seeing one of Albedo's sisters
Sep 15, 2015 1:58 PM
Jun 2015
That Mamoru Miyano greatness. Always queef when I hear that iconic voice.
Sep 15, 2015 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
I wasn't expecting fight scenes to be cut after wasting so much time telling a story on a such slow pace.

13 eps seems enough to animate 3 Vols, but it seems they are going to try to get to some chapters of Vol 4 in the last ep. I don't like to think that will happen but...
AdrianRubinskySep 15, 2015 2:06 PM
Sep 15, 2015 2:06 PM
Jul 2015
Boring ep, hopefully next will be better.
Sep 15, 2015 2:09 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
I'll be honest, I was a bit underwhelmed by this episode
Sep 15, 2015 2:09 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I really enjoyed this episode, and that moment he got an outrage was so good. And the guy with the military costume was also badass! :D

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 15, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
dem im so interested in what was happening in that world while YGGDRASIL was active

were those 2 worlds always connected ?

perhaps that world always existed but somehow people from our world were transported there

also who the hell had a world class item to use on shalltear
Pazuzu95Sep 15, 2015 2:14 PM
Sep 15, 2015 2:10 PM

May 2015
Pandora Actor, lmfao. Decent build-up this episode, enjoyed it. Can't wait for the battle. Also, liked the Albedo and Ainz moment.

Sep 15, 2015 2:30 PM

May 2013
All this whining by light novel readers is getting bothersome, this episode was fine, they can't put every single scene from the light novel to make it a cut/paste adaption unless they make this 24+ episodes or really rush scenes to a mere "you blink you miss it" deal. By the look of it they are not expecting to make a second season (which is fine, I hate when they rise our expectations only to leave us hanging), but if sales are good they can introduce new characters later on.

Even if Albedo is evil, I am really moved by her devotion to Ainz, I could tell by her expression that she was jealous of Pandora's actor because he is a creation of her beloved Ainz, they have a bond she can never have.

I wonder how much budget will the fight with Shaltear will consume, if the budget has been frugal so far it is easier for a second season to get green lit.
mangamuscleSep 15, 2015 3:03 PM
Sep 15, 2015 2:45 PM

Jan 2015
Farabeuf said:
EL PSY CONGROO.

I notice that too. I was like: omg, Okabe voice actor here? Cool ^o^
Sep 15, 2015 3:09 PM
Mar 2008
To me this felt nearly more like an episode that a show does that has budget issues. Still ok to watch though ;)
Sep 15, 2015 3:38 PM

Jun 2009
Lyrisia said:
Well don't understand why they would rush it like that... Wanted to see them massacring the other adventurers' team too...

Anyway Pandora's actor is just too great xD Poor guy looked down by the others ^^"

They probably want to get as much time as possible into the big fight.

And yeah, Pandora's Actor is pretty awesome. ^^

I can't help but smile at how well he got animated and voiced, well, at least he's great in my opinion, he kinda fit the image I had of him in my mind. ^^
Sep 15, 2015 3:57 PM

Mar 2009
Why did Ainz kill that one adventurer dude?
Sep 15, 2015 4:14 PM

Jul 2009
Mormegil said:

Because he was stubborn and got in Ainz way but as you can see Ainz warned him twice and he just decided to ignore it leading him to his death by a stupid mistake.

I've just noticed after re-watching it, Pandora Actor have the same voice actor of Gourmet and Kida.
Sep 15, 2015 4:34 PM

Sep 2013
Mormegil said:

He wants nobody seeing them.

The guy looks like a big jerk in the anime :(
In the novel he was at least semi decent.

They skipped the reaction of the guild people to the tier 8th item :(
The guy nearly had an orgasm looking at it XD

Beautiful :'(
ichii_1Sep 15, 2015 4:39 PM
Sep 15, 2015 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
Nothing of note occured.

O'well.
Sep 15, 2015 5:07 PM

Jun 2014
A pretty slow episode, building up for the final fight.

As soon as I heard that over-the-top, eccentric voice of Pandora's Actor, I knew that was Mamoru Miyano. He should voice every goofy, hyperactive, flamboyant character in every anime for the rest of his career because he does it so well lol. Best part of the episode, but we probably won't see him again.

barmar said:
Warbandit18 said:
Actually curious why they didnt adopt shizu in the treasure room scene cause there was a meaning why only she and yuri could come with ainz...
Because moar budget.

But you know the funny thing is- how did they even find Shalltear without Nigredo?
Even without showing her they could've at least added a line like"Thanks to Nigredo we found out her location" or something similar.

I'm not even reading the LN but that really stood out to me. One second, Momonga and Albedo are walking then boom, very next scene, they're in front of Shalltear. It sucks that Madhouse is rushing this ending, but that is pretty much all the evidence I need to assume they most likely aren't doing a second season,d espite how much the LN sales have increased.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 15, 2015 5:55 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, and nice build up.
Sep 15, 2015 6:28 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode .
Too bad coz i rly wanted to see nigredo.
I hope they dont rush the fight,
Sep 15, 2015 6:47 PM
May 2015
Wait they said Shalltear was extremely powerful and a difficult matchup for Ains. I thought the supreme beings* were unmatched and isn't Albedo the leader of the guardians? How can she be weaker than Shalltear.
Sep 15, 2015 7:16 PM
Jul 2015
DRossweisse said:
Wait they said Shalltear was extremely powerful and a difficult matchup for Ains. I thought the supreme beings* were unmatched and isn't Albedo the leader of the guardians? How can she be weaker than Shalltear.

The anime didn't really went over it. The supreme beings are ofcourse all lvl 100 (max level).
The NPCs are basically like scripted player characters so they're strength only differs due to level, equipment, classbuild/spec and skill.
The floor guardians are all lvl 100 and have relativly high gear. Skill isn't a factor since they don't have any experience. The biggest difference is therefore the class build.

It is mentioned that Albedo has the highest defensive capabilities; she is basically a tank.

Shalltear has the perfect duelling/anti-caster spec with life steal and shit. So she is unrivaled when it comes to 1v1.

Speaking about who is the strongest/weakest is a bit misleading since they're all equally strong. Each of them is designed for certain tasks at which they excell.
Sep 15, 2015 8:39 PM

Sep 2013
Two more episodes. Im not really sure if Ains will really kill Shalltear. Shalltear is like one of the major character in the series. Well Im sure Albedo will be happy as fvck to see Shalltear dead.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 15, 2015 9:01 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, does Ainz have a item for everything or something? He could probably solve world hunger with something in his sleeve.
Sep 15, 2015 9:07 PM
Jun 2013
DRossweisse said:

total stat wise, Albedo is 42 point lower than Shalltear.

Shalltear is an Undead Vampire Holy Magic Caster Valkyrie which mean she can leech life, she can cast both unholy and holy magic and she doesn't have any magical weakness.

Albedo have higher defence but that is it. Shalltear will out last her in a straight up 1vs1 because of lifesteal.
Sep 15, 2015 9:25 PM

Apr 2015
That man should have listened to Ainz. RIP

Albedo's dramatic plea was..... kinda emotional....
#CHEXIT
Sep 15, 2015 9:44 PM
Oct 2012
i think a lot of people missed something. i do believe this is the first time Momonga flat out killed someone that he did not have to kill. ( the adventure)

you might think that's a small thing but remember that he has not killed anyone that was not threatening the peace up till now.
Sep 15, 2015 9:53 PM
Jun 2013
jaxjaxk said:
i think a lot of people missed something. i do believe this is the first time Momonga flat out killed someone that he did not have to kill. ( the adventure)

you might think that's a small thing but remember that he has not killed anyone that was not threatening the peace up till now.

Nope, the reason got skipped in the anime.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people still think the MC is trapped in a video game? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Mar 18

51 by littlerocketman »»
Today, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

432 by RayousSR »»
Yesterday, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

283 by RayousSR »»
Apr 23, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

239 by RayousSR »»
Apr 22, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.