Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2015 7:01 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good chapter, I am glad Mizusawa is picking up the pace!

"There are fights where winning is the only thing that counts."
Sep 3, 2015 7:19 AM
Jul 2012
Chihaya is so dominate I really hope Taichi comes back sometime soon.
Sep 3, 2015 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
I love that they showed Hyoro's character development, great to see him working hard to help "the talentless" members of the club and how he still supported them even when they became stronger than him :') Also chihaya taking over Taichi's role as coordinator :)) it was great to see that she's finally able to get the team together, and now all of them are trying their best :)) (so chihaya knows taichi won't come back to the club T^T)

I miss Taichi, I hope we see more of him soon :/

Sep 3, 2015 10:05 AM
Mar 2015
Great chapter. We see Hyoro as the leader he really is. Chhaya trying to pick up Taichi's mantel of leadership because she believes he is not coming back to the team

Best comparison Chihaya seeing Taichi's feeling for the team in Hyoro. Hyoro seeing Taichi in Chihaya

Funniest line Mima asking Hyoro if Sudo was the top or the bottom
Sep 3, 2015 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
Hyoro has definitely come a long way now...

Great chapter with a lot of energy poured into this match. And it also shows how much Chihaya is trying as well. I admire her spirit.
Sep 4, 2015 12:32 AM
Jan 2015
looking at the raws of 152 and reading the summary by TDX from mangafox. I think a lot of TaichixChiha fans are going to be hella happy. While we Arata fans will keep on suffering.

Raw: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4012708099

Summary:
The funny bit is that to encourage Mima, Sudou and Amakasu enact the yaoish scene he tried to get them do for him a couple of chapters ago (with the word "blow" XD), they both turn completely red in the face, but when he sees it, he's so elated he commits a fault XD Tamaru and Tsukuba lose first (Tamaru, how could you lose to Oota again), Tsukue and Nikuman synch their cards for luck of the draw, trying to pull what they did along with Taichi last year, but this year luck isn't on their side: the card read is their opponents', poem 77.
The poster says the scoring is weird because 3 schools should be tied with 1 win, 2 losses, and the same number of individual wins, but West High is dropped for some reason and doesn't participate in the further breakdown... so it's between Mizusawa and Houmei, and since they're tied both in team and individual wins, the breakdown goes by the members' ranking order. For captains (Nishida and Sasa), they have the same number of wins, for vice-captains (Chihaya and Takei), also a tie, the same for 3rd seats (Tamaru and Mori), and the tiebreaker is 4th seats (if you remember, Tsukue won his match instead of helping the others win and blamed himself for it, but that win wasn't in vain!)
Once they qualify to go to Nationals, everybody (with the exception of 1st years obviously but including Hyoro) sends Taichi a text to inform him. Chihaya's text is "We can go to Nationals. The last card read was "se"" (and when Taichi sees it he thinks 'Could it be that I, too, am caught by fate...') Meanwhile Taichi is cleaning the Shiroyama karuta hall (he asked to let him at least do this much), at first he thinks it's Hyoro again and thinks 'I can't come, Hyoro. Not after I left the club in such a way, despite being its president. Right now, I'm better off being with Suou-san. I don't belong to the karuta club anymore', but when he reads the messages, he strikes a triumphant pose, and Suou sees it, of course. "Did something good happen?" "Ah, no, not really." Suou watches him closely and, being a freaking genius, there's no way he doesn't understand what Taichi feels... he probably knows it better than Taichi himself

Interesting Chiha mentions poem Se to Taichi. If I recall isn't that poem normally linked to arataxchiha? Very interesting she mentions it to Taichi. My ship is pretty much sunk I think at this point lol. I hope Arata at least becomes meijin cause I think it'll be TaichixChiha at the end.
hydrosphere13Sep 4, 2015 12:14 PM
Sep 4, 2015 12:47 AM

May 2010
the feels is so heavy in this recent chapter, but im really happy even though Mashima is gone "for now or not" is that the team is getting shape after all that happened and im also happy to see chihaya being responsible and matured..

im really wish for the next chapter bcuz ^ of that spoiler XD

anyway im really curios if chihaya still feel and see the cards black, cold, and heavy?
hope no,really hope..
Sep 4, 2015 5:39 AM
Jan 2012
hydrosphere13 said:
looking at the raws of 152 and reading the summary I think a lot of TaichixChiha fans are going to be hella happy. While we Arata fans will keep on suffering.

Raw: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4012708099

Summary:
The funny bit is that to encourage Mima, Sudou and Amakasu enact the yaoish scene he tried to get them do for him a couple of chapters ago (with the word "blow" XD), they both turn completely red in the face, but when he sees it, he's so elated he commits a fault XD Tamaru and Tsukuba lose first (Tamaru, how could you lose to Oota again), Tsukue and Nikuman synch their cards for luck of the draw, trying to pull what they did along with Taichi last year, but this year luck isn't on their side: the card read is their opponents', poem 77.
The poster says the scoring is weird because 3 schools should be tied with 1 win, 2 losses, and the same number of individual wins, but West High is dropped for some reason and doesn't participate in the further breakdown... so it's between Mizusawa and Houmei, and since they're tied both in team and individual wins, the breakdown goes by the members' ranking order. For captains (Nishida and Sasa), they have the same number of wins, for vice-captains (Chihaya and Takei), also a tie, the same for 3rd seats (Tamaru and Mori), and the tiebreaker is 4th seats (if you remember, Tsukue won his match instead of helping the others win and blamed himself for it, but that win wasn't in vain!)
Once they qualify to go to Nationals, everybody (with the exception of 1st years obviously but including Hyoro) sends Taichi a text to inform him. Chihaya's text is "We can go to Nationals. The last card read was "se"" (and when Taichi sees it he thinks 'Could it be that I, too, am caught by fate...') Meanwhile Taichi is cleaning the Shiroyama karuta hall (he asked to let him at least do this much), at first he thinks it's Hyoro again and thinks 'I can't come, Hyoro. Not after I left the club in such a way, despite being its president. Right now, I'm better off being with Suou-san. I don't belong to the karuta club anymore', but when he reads the messages, he strikes a triumphant pose, and Suou sees it, of course. "Did something good happen?" "Ah, no, not really." Suou watches him closely and, being a freaking genius, there's no way he doesn't understand what Taichi feels... he probably knows it better than Taichi himself

Interesting Chiha mentions poem Se to Taichi. If I recall isn't that poem normally linked to arataxchiha? Very interesting she mentions it to Taichi. My ship is pretty much sunk I think at this point lol. I hope Arata at least becomes meijin cause I think it'll be TaichixChiha at the end.

i think you're reading too much into it, i didn't get a taichi chihaya connection at all. If anything, it was just taichi showing he still cares about the club, but chihaya and the rest of them are doing just fine without taichi
ftghbSep 4, 2015 5:42 AM
Sep 4, 2015 6:23 AM
Mar 2015
The summary provided above needs to be credited to TDX since his entire summary has been quoted word for word
Sep 4, 2015 12:15 PM
Jan 2015
landofthekwt said:
The summary provided above needs to be credited to TDX since his entire summary has been quoted word for word

Thanks I had it in originally but guess I accidentally deleted the credit in my sleepy state when editing it. No harm meant.
Sep 4, 2015 2:50 PM

Nov 2014
I really liked hearing more about Hyoro... I'm glad Chihaya has finally figured out how to step up to the role of captain. I almost get the feeling that Hokuo will win??? But, at the same time, the national championship is the best place for Mizusawa to meet their other rivals/Arata and Shinobu??? Also, that last scene made it look like Hokuo was up?? AHHHHHHH!!!! Excited for the next chapter :))
Sep 4, 2015 4:40 PM

Jun 2010
hydrosphere13 said:
Chihaya's text is "We can go to Nationals. The last card read was "se"" (and when Taichi sees it he thinks 'Could it be that I, too, am caught by fate...')

Interesting Chiha mentions poem Se to Taichi. If I recall isn't that poem normally linked to arataxchiha? Very interesting she mentions it to Taichi.

I already can hear chiarata fans hearts being shattered all over the place lol
perfume&arashi
Sep 4, 2015 7:54 PM
Jan 2015
maririn said:
hydrosphere13 said:
Chihaya's text is "We can go to Nationals. The last card read was "se"" (and when Taichi sees it he thinks 'Could it be that I, too, am caught by fate...')

Interesting Chiha mentions poem Se to Taichi. If I recall isn't that poem normally linked to arataxchiha? Very interesting she mentions it to Taichi.

I am a wee bit peeved since I am a arataxchiha shipper. However honestly TaichixChiha make more sense realistically. We get so little of Arata so I'm not expecting him to win over Chiha. However if Taichi becomes Meijin I'll riot.
Sep 5, 2015 6:24 PM

Feb 2011
maririn said:

OMG, that's exactly what I'm feeling right now ( and I'm sure most Chiharata fans too): not seeing nor hearing from Arata and not having Chihaya x Arata moments really did shattered this fangirl's heart: it been like this for months now. -_-
We Arata fans still have to wait a bit longer for our turn ( seeing more of Arata and have Chihaya and Arata finally unite together): right now this moment is for all the Taichi fans to enjoy.

@hydrosphere13
Don't get discourage in what's happening in the manga: this is far from over: I mean we haven't seeing Chihaya and Arata face-to-face after she finally realize how deeply she feels for Arata after Taichi's love confession when she interpret Arata's word into a marriage proposal "Let's spend the rest of our lives together"): which means she already knows about her affections for Arata: even Chihaya herself already is certain who she wants to spend the rest of her life with and that's something we shouldn't doubt: and the best part is that's something that came out of Chihaya herself ( Arata is definitely is loved in return: I'm so happy for him) right now she wants to settles things with Taichi and her friends before obtaining her true happiness with Arata: she believes all her friends really deserve to be happy too and she’ll do her very best to do so. I'm positive Suetsugu-sensei will impact us so much after all this long wait,I really expect something very huge and intense for Chihaya and Arata's greatest happiness after this.
sweetangieSep 5, 2015 11:01 PM
Sep 5, 2015 9:43 PM
Nov 2014
The panel with taichi background alongside chihaya was really cool. After reading this chapter my chihaya x arata heart did hurt a little
Sep 6, 2015 6:42 AM

Jun 2010
I really don't think Taichihaya nor Chiarata is endgame, manga is going for OT3 atm tbh
perfume&arashi
Sep 13, 2015 6:50 AM

Dec 2011
Such a great chapter and so many feelings.I don't know who will wins this but they both deserve it....
Oct 21, 2015 6:08 PM

Mar 2014
Nice, Hyoro kun.
Nov 25, 2020 12:30 AM
Nov 2020
dammit i miss taichi. i'm not as obsessed with him as many of the readers of the manga are but his absence is so prominent. it's not even teh fact that he 's not playing but the fact that he's not talking to his friends and loved ones that gets me. they better bring him back.

also i remember in a previous chapter, a sensei told arata after arata told suo to give 1 more year till retirement, and said that what he wishes for arata is a rival that is as marvelous as the rival of his grandpa. and as soon as he said that, arata saw taichi in that tournament after the meijin matches. so i think that was foreshadowing and that taichi will be a rlly big hurdle in arata's path to becoming meijin.

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.