Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 14, 2015 3:22 PM

Aug 2008
My favorite show being animated by my favorite studio. I say yes.

But anyway, i don't expect it will outmatch the OVAs (not saying it's impossible), but based on how they stress that it's not gonna be a remake of the anime, but rather a new adaptation of the novels, i think it will be completely different. It would be pointless to make another series just with better animation or minor changes. I assume that they will also fix the dated technology, they will probably remove stuff like the axe fights and wooden furniture in space ships. But it's difficult to predict something with almost zero information on it.

So my expectations have risen now that i know that I.G. took the job, but i don't expect it to be better than the OVAs. But i'm looking forward to it like a little kid.
Aug 14, 2015 6:30 PM

Nov 2012
Lamfreyde said:
My favorite show being animated by my favorite studio. I say yes.

But anyway, i don't expect it will outmatch the OVAs (not saying it's impossible), but based on how they stress that it's not gonna be a remake of the anime, but rather a new adaptation of the novels, i think it will be completely different. It would be pointless to make another series just with better animation or minor changes. I assume that they will also fix the dated technology, they will probably remove stuff like the axe fights and wooden furniture in space ships. But it's difficult to predict something with almost zero information on it.

So my expectations have risen now that i know that I.G. took the job, but i don't expect it to be better than the OVAs. But i'm looking forward to it like a little kid.

I think they explained why they used axes to fight. Even though they could probably have found other weapons by then that would not damage their spaceships or have the risk to explode the zephyr particles.

Anyway, I think Production IG is the best candidate. If only we could have a LOGH with Akira and Redline level or art and animation, it would be the best show ever in all categories. But that would require a $billion budget ;)
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

Aug 16, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2010
I just hope it will be a TV series and not another OVA adaption cause just imagine the wait if the new adaption will have just as many episodes.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 23, 2016 1:29 PM
Sep 2007
I kind of still doubt it will happen.
Aug 3, 2016 7:38 AM

Oct 2015
Psajdak said:
I kind of still doubt it will happen.

I don't have doubts. Though it will take a lot of time.
Omnia munda mundis
Aug 6, 2016 11:57 AM
Jan 2015
Sure, It would be pretty interesting if it was a new TV serie following the end of LOTGH.
You have already the setting, characters, material ... to make something good.

They said it was a more faithful adaptation of the novels. But it is worth the trouble ?
We will see in 2017 :)
Aug 11, 2016 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
I'd say it's a safe bet that it'll be an animation of the latest LotGH manga released, so more like the "Golden Wings" LotGH, the one most like to pretend doesn't exist.
There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless.
Oct 26, 2016 12:06 AM

Apr 2014
Hyped as fuck. At least a worthy anime to watch during 2017. Can't wait to watch it reanimated.
Nov 6, 2016 6:13 AM
Aug 2013
As someone who just started the original and has been reading the novels, I think I'm ok with a more faithful adaption. There are little things that I loved about the novel that are emitted.
Nov 14, 2016 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
I like how there still are barely any news out yet...
Jan 14, 2017 5:28 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not that sure its happening anymore. Unless they really twist it to appeal the fujoshi demographic, I don't see the big audience in Japan for this kind of story anymore.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 30, 2017 4:35 PM

Jun 2008
I'm guessing there are no new updates on this reboot. Also, I wonder what happened to the Sentai Filmworks license of the series? I was hoping to see an official release in the West.
Mar 6, 2017 7:44 PM
Sep 2009
It would be great if it is remade, but LoGH may be one of the harder series to make it into very good television anime. It may be much better served as a big Movie series.
May 10, 2017 10:24 AM

Nov 2007
May 13, 2017 1:17 AM
Jan 2015

The imperial uniform has been revamped (they have boots ^^) . Seems OK
More pictures please Oo
May 25, 2017 5:04 AM

Nov 2012
AP_974 said:

More pictures please Oo

Looks promising. We'll have to see the face designs though.

Jul 5, 2017 7:24 AM

Apr 2014
AP_974 said:

More pictures please Oo

Well kinda disappoints me... Like I feel the character designs would look like a generic shonen's. And I can't overlook the way the uniforms look like Code Geass' lol, it upsets me, they just look casual... they lack the majesty of the Goldebaum Empire
Jul 11, 2017 10:56 AM
Jan 2015
Lyleli said:

Well kinda disappoints me... Like I feel the character designs would look like a generic shonen's. And I can't overlook the way the uniforms look like Code Geass' lol, it upsets me, they just look casual... they lack the majesty of the Goldebaum Empire

Yeah I prefer the Empire uniforms in the original LOGH but I hope they will keep most of the details... Empire soldiers looked so proud in it and majestic as fuck (in contrary to FPA uniforms)
But we only have one picture as far as i know :(
Aug 17, 2017 1:54 PM
Aug 2016
I don't expect it to be superior to the original, but I hope that it turns out good(or great) enough for people who did not watch the original or don't watch old anime at all. Judging from the anime I watched that was made by Production I.G, I believe the anime will turn out really good.
Oct 10, 2017 12:03 AM
Jan 2015
So everybody, what do you think about the new deisgn ?
http://gineiden-anime.com/character.html

I think it could have been worse but better

Oct 10, 2017 12:51 PM

Nov 2012
I'd love to see the most realistic faces for a LOGH anime but they really have to appeal to more people with their current design I guess.

Apr 3, 2018 7:29 AM
Aug 2016
episode 1 is out so what are your opinions?
Apr 3, 2018 9:15 AM

Nov 2012
Katholic said:

Good, really good so far. At least they're not skipping too much and I see great potential in this series.

But of course die hard fans will still not like it unless you're like me!

Apr 4, 2018 6:23 AM
Aug 2016
I thought the first episode was pretty good. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The cgi isn't horrible but is it just me or the characters move so fucking stiff at times? That bothers me. The music is great. I like the opening song, its pretty good. Mhm still not a fan of the characters designs. I still think they look like shit and piss. Reinhard so far is the only decent looking one. I love that Reinhard and
Kirko said:
Katholic said:

Good, really good so far. At least they're not skipping too much and I see great potential in this series.

I thought the first episode was pretty good. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The cgi isn't horrible but is it just me or the characters move so fucking stiff at times? That bothers me. The movement of the characters are cringy at times and not much expression on their faces. The music is great. It's freaking epic. I like the opening song, its pretty good. Mhm still not a fan of the characters designs. I still think they look like shit and piss. Reinhard so far is the only decent looking one. I love that Reinhard and Kircheis are still gay as ever. I love it. Happy that the bromance is still there. The got the FPA down packed. They are still dumb and foolish like in the original. I can't wait for Yang to start stepping up in the ranks.
Apr 9, 2018 11:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Katholic said:
I thought the first episode was pretty good. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The cgi isn't horrible but is it just me or the characters move so fucking stiff at times? That bothers me. The music is great. I like the opening song, its pretty good. Mhm still not a fan of the characters designs. I still think they look like shit and piss. Reinhard so far is the only decent looking one. I love that Reinhard and
Kirko said:

I thought the first episode was pretty good. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The cgi isn't horrible but is it just me or the characters move so fucking stiff at times? That bothers me. The movement of the characters are cringy at times and not much expression on their faces. The music is great. It's freaking epic. I like the opening song, its pretty good. Mhm still not a fan of the characters designs. I still think they look like shit and piss. Reinhard so far is the only decent looking one. I love that Reinhard and Kircheis are still gay as ever. I love it. Happy that the bromance is still there. The got the FPA down packed. They are still dumb and foolish like in the original. I can't wait for Yang to start stepping up in the ranks.

I actually liked Kircheis' new character design. I always thought in the original OVA that he looked too doofy if you know what I mean.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 14, 2018 7:47 PM

May 2016
I know that with Production I.G. they can be a gamble, and even further more the director of the anime is the same as Kuroko no Basket, which while a great anime in its own right, seems far from the interplanetary conflicts of LOGH. To my surprise, the structure, amount of original characters used, and presentation of the story have not changed very much. What is different and may appeal or cringe the loyal fan are the updated designs of said characters, the ships, and the music. While I appreciate the original quality of the 1989 anime, the updated ship designs are very aesthetically pleasing and the fighting feels more intense with better graphics and animation techniques. My only distaste with it thus far is the OP, which while catchy attaches itself to the era that its being produced in. In contrast, the original OP is a timeless classic using orchestral instrumentalism to define it beyond the ages. However at least the ED resembles this factor. Unfortunately that can't be said for character designs as, being done by the Koroku no Basket team, has led to a generic look amongst most of the cast, rather than the distinctive traits and designs used within the original that also reflected their personalities.

I do not expect that this will not live up the the epic that was the original 110 OVA, and while I will withhold my judgments of the series until it concludes as per my code of scoring, I was happy with the result of the first episode and I look forward to seeing how Production I.G. handles this in the weeks to come.
[align=center][/align]
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Legend of the Galactic Music Thread

qtip - Jan 1, 2010

32 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 11, 2023 2:18 PM

Sticky: » who's your favorite LOGH character? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hound_of_Ulster - Jul 9, 2008

162 by kihel »»
Mar 29, 2023 5:28 PM

» What was your favourite title before having watched LOGH?

RobdeFR - Apr 24, 2010

47 by RobynWenli »»
Sep 5, 2021 12:03 AM

» In whatorder did you watch the LotGH series?

Excelsior - Dec 9, 2008

18 by eyerok »»
Jan 1, 2019 8:54 AM

» Could someone edit the Gaiden series, please??

yanyichenchen - Apr 24, 2018

2 by yanyichenchen »»
May 1, 2018 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.