Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2015 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was intense. Glad to see the pacing of the show pick up again with the action especially with Rory jumping right into the battlefield.

Obviously we get JSDF participating as well.

Yeah the violence is toned down...although the attack chopper scenes still managed to capture the intensity of the fighting imo. I think Rory might be having way too much fun though lol. That little laugh XD

Also interesting to see a little more of Pina Co Lada's past again. That cliffhanger though.
Aug 7, 2015 8:58 AM
Oct 2012
They delivered. OPness, music, Rori, humor, and everything in between. Though of course complainers will complain, this episode in particular doesn't leave them much to complain about.

As for the violence, really didn't notice it this time.
Of course they didn't show what REALLY would have happened to the bodies and they minimized the blood, but here at least they didn't need to show it. They got the intent, both with guns and Rori, across perfectly, showers of blood this episode would have been gratuitous.
Takuan_SohoAug 7, 2015 9:11 AM
Aug 7, 2015 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
I love the smell of GATE in the morning

it smells like

victory
Aug 7, 2015 9:00 AM

Nov 2013
I came.
Five times.
in the first 15 minutes

Literary came five times.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 7, 2015 9:46 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Awesome episode, I can't wait for more.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Aug 7, 2015 9:54 AM

Nov 2008
The battle was awesome coupled with the best fitting wartime music.

The violence was only bloody half the time though and not in the moments where it would actually be essential, a Havoc's machine gun would end in a bloody mess when shot at close range like that not to mention the missiles, rockets, and even the mace that knight had would've drawn quite a bit of blood.

Rori is batshit insane, she's turned on by war, not to mention is quite brutal when she actually gets to said battle.

Youji really should've stayed in the jeep, those ladies were very hostile and not willing to talk to anyone

Aug 7, 2015 10:28 AM
Nov 2010
ahhh so happy they did a good job on this ep and YES! next ep we get

MrJcAug 7, 2015 10:32 AM
Aug 7, 2015 10:30 AM

Jan 2015
Why, Rory? WHY? Why can't you bear it much longer?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 7, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2012
Very satisfying slaughter this week.:D Wish I had the next episode already! :D
Aug 7, 2015 10:32 AM

Feb 2015

Damn, Rory orgasming and going on a killing spree.
Badass horny girls are the best!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2015 10:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
START THE MUSIC!

That was the best episode. Rory going all in, the choppers were great, really shows how superior the army is compared to this world.
Aug 7, 2015 10:34 AM

Mar 2014
pfft, why do they always use that cliche music with helicopters, I personally would like to hear some really heavy metal playing through those speakers... well, whatever twas still good.

Also, there were girl prisoners? oh wait, were they prisoners of the invading army? or were they apart of..... the..... invading.... army????? did I miss something?
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Aug 7, 2015 10:36 AM
Nov 2010
zunderdog24 said:
pfft, why do they always use that cliche music with helicopters, I personally would like to hear some really heavy metal playing through those speakers... well, whatever twas still good.

Also, there were girl prisoners? oh wait, were they prisoners of the invading army? or were they apart of..... the..... invading.... army????? did I miss something?

they were apart of the alliance army that went rouge. (since these guys are all peeps who fled from arnus hill)
Aug 7, 2015 10:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
"Why do you guys sit on your helmets?" - "So we don't get our balls blown off" - This fucking killed me xDDD

Man that battle was a masacre lol....I felt bad for the blonde commander dude but holy shit the JSDFand Best Girl Rory came in and went to work like it was nothing xD

Dat team up between Rory and that other girl was too amazing. If they kept the gore this shit would have been even more epic.....I died when the MC felt up Rory and thought he could have gotten away with it xD

Bitch alert at the end tho
Aug 7, 2015 10:46 AM

Jul 2012
Why retreat when you have all those rifles :S
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 7, 2015 10:46 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, so they DID keep the Rory orgasming scene.
"Hi!"
Aug 7, 2015 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
"When a fight is just plain wrong, We all sing the Curbstomp Song. People dying left and right, It’s a slaughter, not a fight!"

Sneer of the Valkyrie, Truly. Damn Rory is getting truly off from the fight and Slaughter.
and this was the..When New (Roman?) Empire saw might of the Modern Weaponry.

LOL...Calvary arrives with style...Music!!! XD
"why you guys sit on helms, so our balls don't blown off" LOL!!!!

Lol, Rory is so getting off, and she as always starts the Slaughter!

oh hell, the misunderstanding those Pina's Knights just caused! XD
JarjaxleAug 7, 2015 11:34 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Aug 7, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2014
This is getting better and better. Although the stupid bi!tches at the end kinda annoyed me.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Apr 2010
The Apocalypse Now scene should have had more focus.
Tho they didn't pay to much attention on it in the manga either still it was nice that they showed it.
One thing i am still missing tho and most of the manga readers know what i mean but hopefully they will appear next episode.
MrJc said:
zunderdog24 said:

they were apart of the alliance army that went rouge. (since these guys are all peeps who fled from arnus hill)
From what i recall most of the girls fighting for the enemy where magicians tho they could have been there for other reasons as well.
In any case it's clear why Itami wanted to take all the girls with them if he would have left them there they would most like have ended up being used for sexual favours or worse.
Aug 7, 2015 10:56 AM
Mar 2013
Another and higher cliffhanger...
Aug 2008
nice budget and work planning right there!

next week come faster arsrsrsrsrsr.

Aug 2014
Last week, when I saw that this episode would be called "The Ride of the Valkyries" I thought: "Wow it'd be so nice if they put that theme in the anime".
I was hyped the whole week.
When the episode started and soldiers talked about stereo, speakers and Wagner CD I was like "Oh my god". Then they said "Start the music!" and I lost it.
A wonderful episode, the best episode of the entire summer season for me.
That cliffhanger tho.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Aug 7, 2015 11:00 AM

May 2014
Love Rori. Best girl of the season!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
bjorno said:
If they had taken over the city they would have to take responsibility for it as well.
Meaning they would have to take care of rebuilding the city taking care of the wounded feeding the people that where effected by the battle taking care of the prisoners.
They also have to leave soldiers behind to protect the city.
And it might have bad influence on the city if it gets captured seeing as the Japanese are the anime of the empire merchants might stay away and people from the city might be treated badly.
Basically they took the easy choice.
Steven15ify said:
This is getting better and better. Although the stupid bi!tches at the end kinda annoyed me.
Those woman see the Japanese as their enemy so they are just on their guard.
Their also members of noble families so they aren't used to being treated casually which they see as insulting.
You should also take into consideration that woman prisoners are treated worse then male prisoners especially since this world has medieval standards.
Aug 7, 2015 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
Was really looking forward to more blood in their encounter with the blonde knight. Gotta show who's the boss. Can't get enough of that massacre in the city.
Aug 7, 2015 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
Daaaaaaamn. Those bandit mofos got owned hard. They were just so absolutely rekt that the battle was kind of anti-climatic... if not for the Rorygasms. She is so glorious. Itami got one amazing squeeze in there before he paid the price.

In the next episode, we get a bunch of feminists suited up in armor. Just great. I hope Piña proves to be not completely worthless.
Aug 7, 2015 11:07 AM

Nov 2011
That helicopter music was so epic XD
Aug 7, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 2014
I can't believe I predicted that Vagner bit in the last episode discussion xD I didn't know about it I swear! It was so fucking dope. I just can't describe how amazing it was. Nice usage of the split screen too.
The whole beginning bit was such good comedy!
Rori is so badass.
That female teamwork was epic!
What did he get himself into at the end there?
Best episode of any anime in a while.
AridusAug 7, 2015 11:18 AM
Aug 7, 2015 11:15 AM

Apr 2014
I would say the art in this is much much better compare to the manga.
While watching this...my heart was beating like crazy, that's just show how much I like this series.
Piña's army already break the treaty that was just sign a while ago...LOL.
Piña's army is way too cocky...should have just kill everyone right here and there lol.
Aug 7, 2015 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
Couldn't they just go back at the end? They didn't need to leave him behind.
Aug 7, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2014
More intense battles this episode!!!

I always like my weekly does of Gate

Mah nigga, letting himself get captured by sexy knights ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Excited for next week of course
OrangeJPAug 7, 2015 3:36 PM

Aug 7, 2015 11:19 AM
Jul 2014
Aversa said:
bjorno said:
If they had taken over the city they would have to take responsibility for it as well.
Meaning they would have to take care of rebuilding the city taking care of the wounded feeding the people that where effected by the battle taking care of the prisoners.
And it might have bad influence on the city if it gets captured seeing as the Japanese are the anime of the empire merchants might stay away and people from the city might be treated badly.

He's most likely talking about when they abandoned Itami at the end. Clearly sticking around would have led to almost guaranteed bloodshed, which is the opposite of what the SDF wants from their scouting missions(and like he said, it could have violated the treaty they just made). Still, it did follow the trope of "convenient misunderstanding", if Itami had just led with "We have a treaty with your leader for saving Italica" instead of "Did my subordinate offend you", things might have turned out better.
Aug 7, 2015 11:21 AM
Aug 2008
epic episode with epic music epic presentation epic pace.

the only thing that's disappointing is the audio design. it have very narrow dynamic range and 'empty' sound. (its almost like comparing the audio of CS vs Battlefield).

probably because the audio was tuned for TV speakers.
Aug 7, 2015 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
Wow Apocalypse Now reference. My favorite Movie of all time.

Had to laugh quite a bit.

Overall great. Rori hot as ever. Awesome action. 5/5
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Aug 7, 2015 11:23 AM
Aug 2008
Aversa said:
bjorno said:
Steven15ify said:
Those woman see the Japanese as their enemy so they are just on their guard.
Their also members of noble families so they aren't used to being treated casually which they see as insulting.
You should also take into consideration that woman prisoners are treated worse then male prisoners especially since this world has medieval standards.

its also possible conquering other nation is not JSDF mission. thus they tries to keep intervention at minimum
Aug 7, 2015 11:25 AM

Mar 2012
Annuvin said:
llcruz said:
Couldn't they just go back at the end? They didn't need to leave him behind.

His reason for staying behind was obviously to create a harem.

Exactly.
See, someone here gets it ;D
Aug 7, 2015 11:28 AM
Jul 2015
Stereo, speakers, Wagner CD - Ride of the Valkyries (check)
Make some badass action (check)
Massacre the bandit army (check)
Touch some boobies, what kind of anime wouldn't have one (check)
Make a harem army [some female prisoners were taken, met a blonde hair rolled knight] (in progress)...

Love the episode, downright favourite anime of this season haha!
I can't believe they really played that theme though lol, I lost it at that part.
Aug 7, 2015 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
If some actual plot would develop any time soon, that'd be great.
Aug 7, 2015 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for the blonde commander Norma guy!

The enemy armies finally got taken out.
Aug 7, 2015 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
The erotic moan from Rory made me felt so awkward in front of my parents lol.
Can't wait for the next episode to come.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Aug 7, 2015 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
The Apocalypse Now is strong in this one.
Aug 7, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
If some actual plot would develop any time soon, that'd be great.

Who cares about plot when you have a gothic loli killing machine. Awesome episode can't wait for next week.
Aug 7, 2015 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
For a series that's rated R for violence and profanity, you'd think there would be more blood when they're massacring people. Oh well, still not a bad episode
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 7, 2015 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
You know, once the music started, i paused. And watched this. From 1.08

After that, i was in exctasy. When the music went on i just started to act like i was in front of an orchestra, an orchestra of war machines, of helicopters flying, of bullets shredding bodies........
DextixAug 7, 2015 11:59 AM
There is no "Good or "bad" anime. There is only different anime.
Aug 7, 2015 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
zunderdog24 said:

You new kids dont know the meaning of traditional music.
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 7, 2015 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
IheartC2 said:
zunderdog24 said:

You new kids dont know the meaning of traditional music.

^

Helicopter units all around the globe love playing that one to scare the shit out of folks.

Loved this ep, but didn't like how he just gave up. Would have shot those bitches...but I understand there is some plot behind it for the next ep.
Aug 7, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2015
Can anyone tell me why Rory was having an orgasm? Wtf was that about?
Aug 7, 2015 12:02 PM

May 2015
Fuck, another fantastic episode. Rory's just fantastic, and damn, Shino was too. Those bastards got nailed hard by the SDF, as expected. Damn great. I need more already.

Aug 7, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
VanishingKira said:
So Rory was cumming for majority of this episode..

This episode was terrible...well more so than usual.

Thinking of dropping this now.

People dont like when there is no action. People dont like when there is action....... I guess you cant just satisfy some people.
There is no "Good or "bad" anime. There is only different anime.
Aug 7, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2015
This anime is kinda refreshing in sense that it sort of reminds me why I liked anime in the first place.

That OP little wench though is just ruining it for me.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

207 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

186 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

291 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.