Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 6, 2015 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
72 - Night of the Reclaim Operation

More of a build-up chapter with death flags popping up, especially for Erwin; I still can't see Hange as the next commander. The panel with Levi and the trio makes me worried about Levi instead of Eren.

I'm glad to see Bertholdt and Reiner again, and hopefully we get to hear news about Ymir soon (my memories about her are fuzzy already).
Aug 6, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
damn the Build Up is Damn GOOD! And couple Death Flag is rising steadily...Erwin's at least is.

...MEAT FIGHT!!!! XD LOL!!!! Rare Treat..and Everybody Go Nuts!!!

BEen while Since we see Eren vs Jean. ANd the Memories that are coming back at this chapter...just 3 months in Manga...around 2-5 years in real life.
and Mikasa is no longer Strongest..it is Levi!!! XD

...Civilians are as always cheering them on..and Now Scouting Coprs answer....O__O ERWIN TOO!? XD OPERATION WALL MARIA!!! STARTS!!!

and Bertold and Reiner...are waiting
JarjaxleAug 14, 2015 12:23 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Aug 9, 2015 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
This was a great set up chapter. Levi worrying about Erwin, Hanji had a crush on Keith shadis, EMA conversation was nice, that food scene with sasha and jean vs eren was just hilarious. Everything about this chapter was just solid. Its been a while since the group has left the walls I wonder what type of titans they will encounter in future chapters. Plus a lot of death flag popping up I think this arc is where one or more than one of the main cast will die.

Also bertholdt look like he became a badass over night, he means business. Don't see the ape titan wonder where he's? Also no ymir. :(

Overal great chapter.
Aug 9, 2015 7:41 PM

Sep 2013
It's FINALLY happening!
Aug 9, 2015 7:51 PM

Dec 2008
The calm before the storm! Man, the death flags though. They've come a long way.
Food scene was funny lol
Aug 9, 2015 9:39 PM

Sep 2014
We are going to see what's in the bassement soon!! can't believe it. I really hope Erwin don't die. Looking at the final words of this file, I have the feeling that Reiner and bertholdt aren't really bad after all.
Aug 9, 2015 9:57 PM
Dec 2014
It's going down!! Chapter 73 onward is gonna be intense! This manga is definitely my favorite ongoing manga.
Aug 9, 2015 10:19 PM

Jul 2013
Solid set-up chapter. The next few chapters will be intense (I hope). I can see 2016 being Titan year again with S2 and this coming arc.

Aug 9, 2015 10:23 PM

Jan 2009
is that Reinier and Bertholdt in the end page? and damn they gonna see the secrets of that basement, awesome!
Aug 9, 2015 10:49 PM

Aug 2012
It's finally happening, the chapters onwards are going to be intense. The last calm before the storm this chapter I guess.
Aug 9, 2015 10:50 PM

Aug 2012
j0x said:
is that Reinier and Bertholdt in the end page? and damn they gonna see the secrets of that basement, awesome!

Yup it's them
Aug 9, 2015 10:52 PM

Jan 2009
sim0n2170 said:
j0x said:

Yup it's them

ah ok, and death flags everywhere, i hope no one dies in the main characters but i suspect Erwin or even Armin can die with those extended death flags they have
Aug 10, 2015 12:15 AM

Mar 2015
Armin can't die. He's the narrator. Sasha and Connie maybe. Erwin definitely, maybe even Levi or Hange.

Well, the chapter was pretty good. I didn't find the humor attempts very funny though.
Aug 10, 2015 12:17 AM

Aug 2014
Death flags, Death flags everywhere.
"I am going to be the God of the new world" - Light
Aug 10, 2015 12:23 AM

Mar 2015
For those who see death flags, can you specify? It'd be more interesting that way.
Aug 10, 2015 12:25 AM

Jan 2009
AttackOnTetris said:
For those who see death flags, can you specify? It'd be more interesting that way.

Anybody who talks about what they're going to do after a war, for example, has set a death flag.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EventFlag
Aug 10, 2015 12:26 AM

Mar 2015
Well yeah, but it can work two ways. In the case of Armin, it's more likely that he'll be alone saying "if only ____ could've seen this"...

I seem to remember the author hinting at Eren and Armin ending up on different sides - I think it will end up being basically Eren on his convictions and emotion vs. Armin on his logic.

Eren's set up for the "heroic sacrifice" in so many different ways but I can actually see him going out somewhat anticlimactically, followed by some sort of peaceful resolution.
HalkenburgAug 10, 2015 12:33 AM
Aug 10, 2015 12:44 AM

Apr 2013
damn we might actually see that basement this year
Aug 10, 2015 12:47 AM

Jul 2013
I really liked the part where they look up at the Garrison guy and think of Hannes.
mitch3315 said:
This might be a bit hard for you to believe, I know I didn't at first, but the thing is that other people actually have different opinions to your own. Crazy, right? How dare they not conform to your opinion on this show, or any other, who the hell do they think they are?
Aug 10, 2015 1:03 AM

Nov 2011
Nice.

It's about time they get back Wall Maria. I have a weird feeling that someone important may die in this arc though. And lol Sasha. Seeing the scene when she hid the meat away those months ago seems nostalgic for some reasons despite not even being that long.
Aug 10, 2015 1:32 AM

Jan 2015
great chapter :3

Aug 10, 2015 2:58 AM

Oct 2010
Oh my it's been a while since we've had a chapter like this.
I enjoyed the gags.

And I do agree that somebody important's bound to die soon. Oh my oh my.
Aug 10, 2015 3:18 AM
Jun 2015
now this was a solid setup chapter.............damn I can't wait to see what's gonna happen in the next chapters
Aug 10, 2015 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
Great setup chapter, got me hyped for next month~
Aug 10, 2015 5:48 AM

Aug 2010
Good stuff.

Comedy with Sasha was fun and Eren vs Jean thinking when is anyone gonna stop us was lol

Loved how Erwin shouted from the top of his heart. Hope he gets to find out the secrets of the world at least before his inevitable death.

Levi listening to the main trios conversation was really sweet
Aug 10, 2015 6:00 AM

Jun 2009
Such a great chapter! I always miss to see more of their 'everyday' life and some humor when interacting each other (ok, this manga is not about funny staff, but still...)

Levi in this chapter felt like a "babysitter" to everyone: trying to stop Erwin from dying, cleaning up Jean-Eren's fight... I think his character was really cool when they argued with Erwin, hopefully he will not die (at least, not now.)

Then again there is Erwin... I guess, I can say he "was" one my favourites in this story... :( I hoped so much he will give in to Levi and stay in command without going to the battlefield. Now I just hope he can see the truth before dying as this is probably his last gamble.
Can be also the arc where Sasha's death happens...(?)

I wonder if the Ape titan will appear or not? There were only 2 tents on the wall, so maybe he left only Berthold and Reiner behind. Even so the fight with them will be difficult, however at least not impossible to win. Or will this be really a victory? Again, I can not wait for the next chapter!!!
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Aug 10, 2015 7:50 AM

Feb 2010
Fantastic chapter! It was the build-up before the next mission started but it was still so damn important what with how it portrayed all the characters, their relationships and personalities. The mirroring from earlier in the series and talking about the outside world again, too good :’-).

I’m scared for the people on the operation. Attack on Titan is good on bringing the feeling of hopelessness about...
Aug 10, 2015 9:22 AM
Apr 2012
This, to be honest, was one of my favorite chapters of them all. It was so solid and just the calm before the storm because you better believe it that we have a big storm coming up.
I'm so scared for Erwin, the death flag for him was raised really high this chapter. I hope he doesn't die, otherwise I don't know what I will do. Levi should've broken his legs.

I loved how the Survey Corps interacted together in this chapter. It was so heartwarming and fun, like it's really nice to see how the act together in their everyday life. Sasha and the ErenxJean fight were really funny, I loved it a lot.

Then we have Shingashina Trio talking about their dreams and Levi listening to them. I have a feeling it reminded him of the Thug Trio and I feel like he's thinking he doesn't want their dreams to go to waste like his and Isabel's and Farlan's went. And just thinking that breaks my heart.

So we have Bertholdt and Reiner, finally. I feel like they're going to surprise us even more. And still no Ymir in sight...?

I'm really excited (and scared) for the next chapter and too see how this arc is going to develop.
Aug 10, 2015 11:03 AM
Jul 2015
Rather relaxing chapter.The tension on what's gonna happen with Erwin seems to be high!
This chapter was more or less the calm before the storm. That Berthold though.This is the first time I've seen him standing this serious. The duo gotta be scared sh*tless by whatever beasty threatened them with, no doubt.
Most other scenes were simply awesome from this chapter, I felt.That Sasha tho XD..I always saw her as a titan,lol.One that ate for pleasure rather than hunger. Guess one can never have enough of cute little potato girl ^_^.
Jean fighting with Eren.Lol!Seems like nothing has changed after all these years.Felt simply great seeing that certain parts of our beloved characters, weren't lost over the years, and this was awfully relaxing for some reasons.
It was also good seeing Mikasa become increasingly lesser of a one-dimensional character,and reminiscing back about their past lives on an emotional level.Eren seems to have matured as well,and greatly so from what we saw from their conversation.Mikasa is making it back to my list of favourite characters lol.
Levi seems to have this dark cloud hovering over his head as of now, and I feel it definitely has something to do with him knowing he's gonna have to make a tough decision in the future. Unless he was drunk of course, he seemed to be really concerned about EMA in this chapter. A rather new side to Levi's character, and a soothing one as well.
This entire chapter had a rather soothing feeling to it in fact, and had me reminiscing my time through the first season all the while.It felt good experiencing this somehow lol. It's too bad we have to wait another month now for the deaths to come, especially when the flags have been waved already :/.. Can't wait for the next chapter though XD.
Aug 10, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
Quite a lot of reused comedy. Oh my god this manga is ending soon
Aug 10, 2015 1:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The casualties are going to be astronomical. One can just see it coming.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 10, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2015
Levi was EVERYWHERE this chapter lol, he's out of character at thee moment but this makes me think even more that he will use the titan syrum on his self or erwin now. He even spied on eren, mikasa, and armin.

Erwin was a little out of character too when he was getting hyped at the end with the amateurs lol

Looks like we're getting to the basement sooner than i expected, but it's already shown that the ape titan is waiting for them though. After seeing what he did to reiner, i feel bad for the survey corps already.

Did anyone else catch that hanji used to like keith shadis???......weird and unexpected imo lol

I predict that reiner and bertholdt might have to betray the ape titan or the survey corps will definitely retreat or at least try to. There is NO WAY that the survey corps can beat the armor titan, colossal titan AND ape titan at the same time, it's IMPOSSIBLE.
Aug 10, 2015 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
sullynathan said:
Quite a lot of reused comedy. Oh my god this manga is ending soon

@ volume 16 isayama said the series was 60% done.
Aug 10, 2015 4:43 PM

Jul 2012
That's one big death flag you're carrying, Armin haha. That would suck if he dies for real though o__o;

That sendoff by the people was really nice. The story is is gonna start picking up in the next chapter. I'm excited to see how this goes!
Aug 10, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2015
More build up, yay. Please pick up after this chapter. I'm starting to feel like titan is repeating itself.
Aug 10, 2015 8:56 PM

May 2013
The calm before the storm. Death flags anywhere. Reiner and Bertholdt at the last page. What a chapter.

And the comedy was awesome, though reused, still awesome and funny
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 10, 2015 10:39 PM
Jul 2015
i think they have main enemy.the greatest titan. i hope 3 main character will not die.
Aug 10, 2015 10:40 PM
Jul 2015
by the way . where can i have update for isayama works ?
Aug 10, 2015 10:45 PM

Jan 2009
AnimesKing12345 said:

check out reddit frequently they put up spoilers and links to the release of the next chapter fast https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin
Aug 10, 2015 10:46 PM
Jul 2015
AnimesKing12345 said:

If you mean notifications, then Manga Rock on Android notifies you on the release of of new chapters, once you favorite a manga. If you mean the latest chapter then Mangafox is currently up to date.
Haze_VictoryAug 10, 2015 10:52 PM
Aug 11, 2015 6:22 AM

Jan 2015
All those scenes with Sasha where she acts like a Titan seems like foreshadowing. I think she'll be the first to turn into a Titan by the MT. Sasha is also the bff of Connie and her turning into a titan would add to the drama factor (since Connie's mom was turned into a titan by the MT too).

Erwin is totally going to die. His whole conversation with Levi was basically "Well, I can't fight so I'll probably bite the dust, but first I must see the basement (for the sake of my father)". He also feels guilty for sacrificing countless soldiers for the greater good.

When Levi eavesdropped on the trio it totally reminded him of his old friends. He doesn't want the same thing happening again. He also had this convo full of feels with Erwin, so maybe he'll have to choose between Erwin and the trio?

Eren is no longer a delusional ragetard. First, when Jean baited him he responded slowly and then he wondered why nobody stopped him. Second, he no longer believes that he and Armin will ever see the sea, or it even exists.
Also Armin plz don't die you are too cute.

If Levi gives Erwin the syringe he can grow back his arm and fight.
In another scenario Levi uses the syringe on someone as a last resort but since that someone 100% doesn't have experience with titan shifting, the MT will easily mind control him/her.

Mikasa definitely will not die. She is an Ackerman, and if the Monkey Titan's powers are similar to the Reiss family's ability, he cannot control or turn her into a titan. Since the Reiss can't use their powers on a different race (which is the reason why there are no Africans and a very small amount of Asians; the government eradicated them since they couldn't control them).

Connie is not relevant to the plot so he can die anyday, but he still has unfinished business with the MT. So he either dies after fighting the MT or he survives and her mother will turn back to human one day. And they live happily ever after and yadayada.

The Monkey Titan can easily turn an entire village into Titans. He can definitely do the same to the Scouting Legion members.

Bert and Reiner are wearing different and rather modern looking clothes (compared them to the casual wear they wore at Utgard), so they definitely went back to their village before setting camp at Wall Maria. Because it's unlikely the Monkey Titan brought them spare clothes like a good granny. Also their hair is a bit longer, another proof that at least 1-2 months have passed since the battle.
Also guys, there were two tents in the last picture, and Bertie and Reindeer don't need separate tents. The MT is definitely with them. He is either sleeping inside the other tent or he went looking for the basement.

Ymir is most likely in RBA village. Either imprisoned, already dead, or -plottwist- she made a deal with the villagers and became a normal village member.

Hange has bad taste in men.

The guy who molested Armin while he was cosplaying as Historia is seen cheering alongside Flegel. Just saying...

AND
Aug 11, 2015 6:35 AM

Nov 2012
The only thing I have to say is that the running gags of Sasha's constant hunger and Jean v Eren really set the characters back a pace. Especially characters like Jean, who is one of the very few who developed. He was becoming more mature (which I enjoyed) and then he converted back into his old ways.

Hange's crush on Kieth was information that was not needed at all.

And Erwin, don't fist bump the air. That was awkward lol

Also, are Bert and Reiner camping out on an abandoned fraction of the wall or...? The whole inside/outside of the wall can get pretty confusing at times like, is that location outside the walls, or is that inside, because the walls stretch pretty far.

Overall, no major complaints, which is good.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Aug 11, 2015 7:21 AM

Aug 2015
Great build-up chapter. It gaved me chills, as almost everybody had a "let's figth to death" mentality; i see many deaths uncoming in this arc. Erwin will probably discover what's inside the basement and then figures out something really important but will die rigth after. Makes me sad becaus his character is one of my favourites and probably one of the best in whole manga.

Beautiful moments the one with the memories (Sasha stealing the meat for one of the first chapters, MAE thinking of Hannes, Eren and Jean figthting and Levi maybe remembering about his former comrades of Kuinaki Sentaku while listening to Eren and Arming speech)
Aug 11, 2015 8:24 AM

Jul 2008
The end of the manga was the best, a battle between titans is imminent :D
Aug 11, 2015 1:04 PM

May 2014
Hahahah this chapter was rather funny, poor Shasha not being able to eat any meat. She,ll probably kill someone for that. Good build-up chapter too btw. I'm looking forward to the next one now ;)
With Reiner and Bertholt standing at Wall Maria I think, nice one. Collision yeay *~*
Aug 11, 2015 2:20 PM

Jun 2014
Solid buildup chapter, but I'm a bit worried about Erwin. It seems like he's definitely going to die. A little bit of nostalgia seeing Sasha's obsession with meat again.

It was also cool to see Reiner and Bertolt at the end of the chapter, the retaking of Wall Maria will definitely be epic.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 11, 2015 2:53 PM

Oct 2013
SnazzGary said:
The only thing I have to say is that the running gags of Sasha's constant hunger and Jean v Eren really set the characters back a pace. Especially characters like Jean, who is one of the very few who developed. He was becoming more mature (which I enjoyed) and then he converted back into his old ways.

Hange's crush on Kieth was information that was not needed at all.

And Erwin, don't fist bump the air. That was awkward lol

Also, are Bert and Reiner camping out on an abandoned fraction of the wall or...? The whole inside/outside of the wall can get pretty confusing at times like, is that location outside the walls, or is that inside, because the walls stretch pretty far.

Overall, no major complaints, which is good.

I think isayama did all of this gag because its probably the last time some of these characters will live, especially sasha. I don't see how what jean and eren did was a backward for their character. They both were also wondering why no one is parting them, I don't remember them thinking like that back then. I think that was a sign that there character has grown.

I'm pretty sure BR are at Shiganshina District.
keragammingAug 11, 2015 3:00 PM
Aug 11, 2015 4:21 PM

Jul 2015
AttackOnTetris said:
Armin can't die. He's the narrator. Sasha and Connie maybe. Erwin definitely, maybe even Levi or Hange.

Well, the chapter was pretty good. I didn't find the humor attempts very funny though.
armin's the one with plans. he dies everyone dies. that's how it's been up until now.
Aug 11, 2015 5:43 PM

Nov 2012
keragamming said:

I think isayama did all of this gag because its probably the last time some of these characters will live, especially sasha. I don't see how what jean and eren did was a backward for their character. They both were also wondering why no one is parting them, I don't remember them thinking like that back then. I think that was a sign that there character has grown.

I'm pretty sure BR are at Shiganshina District.

Makes sense that they would be in Shiganshina.

Because the characters sort of "matured" and hadn't had an idiotic argument like that since when I can't remember. They were more focused on the fact that they had a greater mission (fight titans; Historia and the Crown) than to be retarded fucks who fought all the time. Fighting like that again just goes to show that the "development" they had wasn't solid enough. What would have made that moment developmental was when Eren hadn't really responded, Jean would have realized that maybe he should stop being such a dick and not proceed with a brawl. 2
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Aug 12, 2015 12:24 AM

Aug 2014
Bertholdt and Reiner!!!

Did anyone else feel like most of these guys are going to die?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.