Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2015 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, a bunch of fan service in this one with the girls cooling off. They sure are enjoying the days of their lives right now...

Jul 22, 2015 9:54 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Fanservice the Animation

Neatly done, I must say.

Jul 27, 2015 4:30 AM

Nov 2010
Going into an open bath and a sauna completely covered with giant towels at all times. The entire thing is dialogue driven and it's just banter with one girl teasing the other for having an accent and no tits. Apparently this makes it fanservice. Do you even listen to yourselves? lol

And I'll say it again: this anime is basically like a new segment in the radio program these two 30 year old women have been hosting since 2013, that airs at 1am, where they are obviously free to make dumb poop and sex jokes. The main target audience is their listeners, not lolicons, and the fact that they made them highschoolers is a meaningless anime trope, like Teekyuu and so many others.
Jul 27, 2015 8:29 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Gersen said:
Going into an open bath and a sauna completely covered with giant towels at all times. The entire thing is dialogue driven and it's just banter with one girl teasing the other for having an accent and no tits. Apparently this makes it fanservice. Do you even listen to yourselves? lol

While that Pettanko joke may not appeal to you or me, it does to many Otaku out there, which essentially makes it fanservice one way or the other. Fanservice can be considered anything that's appealing to the audience more than the standard norm.

It probably sounds like I'm strictly against fanservice, but that's not entirely true. The fanservice cuts from Nisemonogatari and SaeKano were of quite high quality and fitting for respective shows. What I don't like is when a show tries to chip in service for the viewers even when it's not fitting, and such is the case here. It'd be so much better with the girls just interacting about normal stuff and not something that alludes to sexual implications even in the slightest. Some may still enjoy it, but it's not the same for me.

Aug 2, 2015 3:34 AM

Sep 2013
I can't seem to find it subbed anywhere :(
Aug 2, 2015 10:19 AM

Nov 2013
RIP, subs
Aug 4, 2015 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
We got some fanservice in this episode.
Aug 4, 2015 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
Isn't having an episode dedicated to the characters and their boobs always fanservice, even if nothing is seen? That's the difference between Ecchi and Hentai- right?
Aug 4, 2015 2:31 PM

Jun 2013
Glad to see its finally subbed! :)
Aug 4, 2015 3:04 PM

Jan 2012
The battle of the boobs eh...in more ways than one! :D
Aug 4, 2015 6:55 PM

May 2010
Vindstot said:
Gersen said:

While that Pettanko joke may not appeal to you or me, it does to many Otaku out there, which essentially makes it fanservice one way or the other. Fanservice can be considered anything that's appealing to the audience more than the standard norm.
I disagree. Why should these so-called "otaku" are be more inclined to enjoy the joke than anyone else?
Aug 4, 2015 9:11 PM

Sep 2013
Besties :'(
Sauna and boob talk,
Aug 4, 2015 10:51 PM

Oct 2011
fanservice
Aug 8, 2015 5:33 PM
Nov 2012
Gersen said:

And I'll say it again: this anime is basically like a new segment in the radio program these two 30 year old women have been hosting since 2013, that airs at 1am, where they are obviously free to make dumb poop and sex jokes. The main target audience is their listeners, not lolicons, and the fact that they made them highschoolers is a meaningless anime trope, like Teekyuu and so many others.

Yeah, this basically. If this is fan service, then so is the entire career of Howard Stern. There's a difference between gratuitous cleavage shots in provocative poses during the onsen episode, and locker-room humor (which in this case, it literally was). I don't normally like it, but the way they did it here I thought was cute. If this is what their radio show is like, I really wish I understood Japanese now.
May 12, 2016 12:02 PM

May 2012
Some cute sauna service :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suzakinishi the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

5 by little_raven »»
Mar 6, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Suzakinishi the Animation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2015

4 by little_raven »»
Mar 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Suzakinishi the Animation Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2015

17 by bushman66 »»
Jul 6, 2022 6:54 PM

Poll: » Suzakinishi the Animation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2015

27 by bushman66 »»
Jul 6, 2022 6:53 PM

» Where are the subs?

Shoichi - Sep 23, 2015

12 by Luxray_ »»
Mar 27, 2022 7:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.