Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2015 11:38 PM

Nov 2011
So before, Xinil hated MAL and never took care of it, and now he still hates MAL and is a sellout.

Funny.

The ignorance in some of these posts is almost as frightening as it is amusing.

I can guess now why announcing the new owner was delayed for so long: It was so users would have time to get used to the new changes and further would have some first-hand knowledge of what to expect from this owner. It is from that generally-positive foundation that I base the rest of my thoughts.

My first concern in this instance is conflict-of-interest. DeNA, being a Japanese company directly tied to the anime industry, may find it in their interest to limit talk about certain topics within the community, namely illegitimate anime sources or fan projects (i.e. fansubs). This is something I definitely don't want; even if it's not something I usually talk about, such restrictions would feel like figuratively being collared, and is partly why I haven't joined or become active in certain other anime communities (e.g. animesuki). From this viewpoint, the removal of fansub info for Daisuki's anime is understandable, but at the same time it's concerning.

I've wondered before why streaming companies don't just "join" the fansubbing community rather than attempting to beat it. That is, provide your own subs, but allow your streams to use scripts from fansub groups as an alternative. That way the viewer gets to use the subs they prefer and the streamer still gets the revenue from the viewer. It would be great if DeNA could convince Daisuki that this is a good idea, since this would likely mean we could keep the fansubs portion of MAL in addition to improving the streaming feature.

Second, I'm a bit concerned that MAL's focus might be lost. Note that I said "a bit"; it's not a big worry, but I do think it's possible. While in-house streaming could be a great convenience, MAL is first about the database (and through that, the lists) and next about the community, and I don't want to see that changing. That is, I don't want the focus on streaming to outgrow and outshine the importance of the database and community.

Third, it would be really nice if the streams provided were in 720p, and maybe in HTML5 for those who prefer that. (I still have no qualms with flash, personally.) I'm not sure if registering on Daisuki would allow you to watch in HD on MAL, but one way or another I don't think this will have a big impact if it's only provided in low quality. Hypothetically, even if I don't want the extra hassle of going to another streaming site or downloading, I might do so anyway just to have the video in better quality, thereby eliminating the convenience advantage.

Overall I'm withholding judgement for now. This could end up being really really good or really really bad, but I'm definitely up for giving DeNA a chance. If there would be any specific feedback I would like to convey to the new owners, it is just to listen to the users in a general sense. Not listening to the users was part of what made Crave's ownership so ugly for many.

Congrats, MAL.
Jul 19, 2015 11:54 PM

May 2015
Awesome! I'm so excited ^D^

Jul 20, 2015 1:17 AM

Mar 2013
Rebel_Roo said:
This is like an advertisment for torrents lol.

I don't download anything onto my computer (that's not necessary for the functionality of my computer), torrents or not. So I stream. Also the sites I watch anime on don't buffer endlessly. And adblock takes care of ads.

Streaming is my preferred way of watching anime.

My post asked the question "why", which you certainly did not answer.

Just as a side note, downloading torrents via known sites (edited so I don't name them) is bound to be safer than clicking on that "play" button on streams. Furthermore, you said you use Adblock, while a moment ago you have said that you don't download anything. Just so you know, you have downloaded and installed Adblock on a browser of your choice.
Jul 20, 2015 1:27 AM

Mar 2013
TripleSRank, there's no need to overly complicate it. With the new owners, MAL is on a way to realize the anime community version of big pharma. There's no limitations. There are only connections between features that expand the spectre of community reach.

Cannot say I don't understand their purpose. But it's clear that one thing MAL doesn't deserve in relation to other websites with the same or similar focus is the activity is receives. Unfortunately, that gap is only bound to expand. In a sense, I've lost my respect towards MAL, as original as its content created a few years back was and still is. Now, that is swallowed by other matters.
Jul 20, 2015 3:35 AM
Sep 2010
Subpyro said:
Buffering takes longer than full torrent download.

Buffering takes less than 0.5 seconds to do.

Subpyro said:
Cannot be seen offline while torrents can.

Sure but that's an none issue when you are connected to 4G service at all times when not at home.

Subpyro said:
Cannot simply skip to one scene due to buffer unlike torrents.

You can and as I said buffering takes less than 0.5 seconds to do.

Subpyro said:
For airing anime, releases are a tad slower than the torrents (as streaming websites get their files off torrents themselves anyway).

Nope, the first torrents to come up are stream rips.

Subpyro said:
quality is lower than that of torrents or even if it is the same

It's the same quality as the stream.

Subpyro said:
It makes you go through walls of ads unlike torrents.

There are no ads if you have premium.

Subpyro said:
It is generally much less clean than the torrents.

It's the same.

1/7 GJ, go away troll.
Jul 20, 2015 4:45 AM

Dec 2013
Nice progress!
Jul 20, 2015 4:55 AM

Oct 2013
Idria said:
Subpyro said:
Buffering takes longer than full torrent download.

Buffering takes less than 0.5 seconds to do.

Subpyro said:
Cannot be seen offline while torrents can.

Sure but that's an none issue when you are connected to 4G service at all times when not at home.

Subpyro said:
Cannot simply skip to one scene due to buffer unlike torrents.

You can and as I said buffering takes less than 0.5 seconds to do.

Subpyro said:
For airing anime, releases are a tad slower than the torrents (as streaming websites get their files off torrents themselves anyway).

Nope, the first torrents to come up are stream rips.

Subpyro said:
quality is lower than that of torrents or even if it is the same

It's the same quality as the stream.

Subpyro said:
It makes you go through walls of ads unlike torrents.

There are no ads if you have premium.

Subpyro said:
It is generally much less clean than the torrents.

It's the same.

1/7 GJ, go away troll.

You sound like you're offering an experienced based exclusively on Crunchyroll premium or a similar website. The vast majority of streaming sites don't operate anything like this. "Premium" streaming has "premium benefits," but generally speaking if torrenting is an option for someone, it's because he didn't want to pay for it to begin with.

There's one thing for certain: if MAL isn't going to be streaming anime in HD directly from its site, then there's sure as hell no reason to use MAL ahead of torrenting.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 20, 2015 5:48 AM

Mar 2013
Idria said:
-snip-

Link me one free streaming site that buffers the video in 0.5 seconds, has no ads, can be seen in full screen without an additional buffer expense, has episodes uploaded to faster than torrents are released and is cleaner to access and operate with than the torrents.

Only example I see is the (for many countries unavailable) Crunchyroll, which in addition, requires someone to pay for. Adding up your "4G service" onto it which undoubtedly sums up a vast quantity of data transfer, you have just booted up a money drainer.

There is no factor Crunchyroll is better at that torrents, especially when there are many fan add-ons, apps and extensions made for the websites which host torrents in comparison to Crunchyroll that just doesn't have them.

Oh, not to mention that it's free. Of course. As mentioned twice above. But yeah, as long as you're ready to waste money, you can go with any commercial alternative you want.

You also might wanna check what's the meaning of the word "troll".
Jul 20, 2015 6:03 AM
Jul 2013
Yay :)
Jul 20, 2015 6:07 AM
Sep 2010
Subpyro said:

Link me one free streaming site that buffers the video in 0.5 seconds, has no ads, can be seen in full screen without an additional buffer expense, has episodes uploaded to faster than torrents are released and is cleaner to access and operate with than the torrents.

http://crunchyroll.com, why has it to be free? Anime isn't made for free you fucking leech.

Subpyro said:
Only example I see is the (for many countries unavailable) Crunchyroll, which in addition, requires someone to pay for.

Crunchyroll is available in all countries(except Japan, China and Korea), keep going troll.

Subpyro said:
There is no factor Crunchyroll is better at that torrents, especially when there are many fan add-ons, apps and extensions made for the websites which host torrents in comparison to Crunchyroll that just doesn't have them.

Crunchyroll is faster and do support the creation of anime.
Jul 20, 2015 6:17 AM

Mar 2013
Can you read the post entirely before partly quoting? And responding to the full post would be appropriate, especially after marking someone as a troll. Furthermore, you seem to have quite some dedication in posting responses, so ignoring Zadion is not really nice. Unless you're here just for the sake of arguing. Wouldn't be hard to understand.

Well, as said, feel free to go with any commercial alternative you want. :)
Jul 20, 2015 6:20 AM
Sep 2010
Subpyro said:
Can you read the post entirely before partly quoting? And responding to the full post would be appropriate, especially after marking someone as a troll.

Well, as said, feel free to go with any commercial alternative you want. :)

Well post accurate information then instead of made up bullshit.
Jul 20, 2015 6:21 AM

Mar 2013
Idria said:
Well post accurate information then instead of made up bullshit.

Oh? What did I make up? Can you give me one aspect in which torrents fall behind the streams? I already have given it the other way around. And here's some news for you: the streaming on MAL is bound to be free, or at least if they will decide to keep the already-existing status; think at that time the defense you've put up for streams will still stay - will the quality remain? Surely you know you are debating about this matter on the MAL forums.

I'll break it down for you. The only reason to watch streams is to contribute to the industry financially. And when I say that, I'm referring to Crunchyroll. My initial post was not referring to Crunchyroll, but all other illegal streaming websites that people actively use. Still, Crunchyroll doesn't have anything better than the torrents do, but that was besides the point.

And yes, the fault was mine. I wasn't specific enough as to what I was referring to in my initial post.
SubbedJul 20, 2015 6:27 AM
Jul 20, 2015 6:28 AM
Sep 2010
Subpyro said:

Oh? What did I make up?

1. Buffering takes longer than full torrent download.

2. (for many countries unavailable) Crunchyroll

3. Cannot simply skip to one scene due to buffer unlike torrents.

4. For airing anime, releases are a tad slower than the torrents (as streaming websites get their files off torrents themselves anyway).

5. quality is lower than that of torrents or even if it is the same

6. It makes you go through walls of ads unlike torrents.

7. It is generally much less clean than the torrents.

Subpyro said:
Can you give me one aspect in which torrents fall behind the streams?

Legal streams are faster than torrents and supports the creation of anime.
Jul 20, 2015 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
1. I was referring to streaming websites such as [removed due to naming], or any other illegal streaming websites. Downloading torrents takes less than the buffer of those.
2. Crunchyroll is unavailable in countries where many interested people would tune in* there, corrected it for you.
3. With slow buffer on the websites I was referring to, I was correct.
4. Again, for the websites I was referring to, I was correct.
5. Correct again, same reason.
6. Same reason.
7. Correct again. Such sites survive from the overflown ads all over.

This continuation is futile and useless. I've already said what I was referring to and that I should have been more specific in my initial post.

Whether you go with legal or illegal version of top quality, it's you choice. I'm dropping out of this argument, as I am aware of what you are standing for and you have multiple posts behind that explain what I was referring to.

Short sum-up so there won't be more stuff confused onward:
Why do people who watch anime illegally tune in various streaming websites instead of downloading torrents?

Still interested.
SubbedJul 20, 2015 6:49 AM
Jul 20, 2015 7:12 AM

Jan 2015
Subpyro said:
Rebel_Roo said:
This is like an advertisment for torrents lol.

I don't download anything onto my computer (that's not necessary for the functionality of my computer), torrents or not. So I stream. Also the sites I watch anime on don't buffer endlessly. And adblock takes care of ads.

Streaming is my preferred way of watching anime.

My post asked the question "why", which you certainly did not answer.

Just as a side note, downloading torrents via known sites (edited so I don't name them) is bound to be safer than clicking on that "play" button on streams. Furthermore, you said you use Adblock, while a moment ago you have said that you don't download anything. Just so you know, you have downloaded and installed Adblock on a browser of your choice.

I didn't answer?

*points to part in post where it clearly states that I don't download anything onto my computer that's not necessary for the functionality of my computer*

Did you want a more drawn out and complicated answer as to why I do or don't do something on my computer?
Jul 20, 2015 7:22 AM

Mar 2013
Rebel_Roo said:
I didn't answer?

*points to part in post where it clearly states that I don't download anything onto my computer that's not necessary for the functionality of my computer*

Did you want a more drawn out and complicated answer as to why I do or don't do something on my computer?

The question is why don't you download anything onto your system, when you can have a better experience if you do.
Jul 20, 2015 8:02 AM

Jan 2015
Subpyro said:
Rebel_Roo said:
I didn't answer?

The question is why don't you download anything onto your system, when you can have a better experience if you do.

If you mean better experiences at the risk of trojans, malware and every other virus lurking behind free software then sure I guess experiences can't get any better than that.

As for your question, I just don't download stuff onto my computer, because it was out of commission for 4 months for unknown reasons so I don't take risks at downloading anything that's not a necessary feature for my computer to run.

People like downloading torrents or whatever and that's their preferred way of watching.People buy disks because that's their preferred way of watching. I stream because that's my preferred way of watching. Everyone had their own preferred way of watching anime, I don't know why we have to explain our reasons.

Does that answer the question?
Jul 20, 2015 8:16 AM

Mar 2013
Rebel_Roo said:
If you mean better experiences at the risk of trojans, malware and every other virus lurking behind free software then sure I guess experiences can't get any better than that.

As for your question, I just don't download stuff onto my computer, because it was out of commission for 4 months for unknown reasons so I don't take risks at downloading anything that's not a necessary feature for my computer to run.

People like downloading torrents or whatever and that's their preferred way of watching.People buy disks because that's their preferred way of watching. I stream because that's my preferred way of watching. Everyone had their own preferred way of watching anime, I don't know why we have to explain our reasons.

Paranoia and lack of knowledge which websites/uploaders to trust, it seems.

There is no "need" for you to explain your reasons, I was simply interested in hearing them; you were always free to ignore my comment or reply if you wanted to. And yes, it certainly does answer the question.
Jul 20, 2015 8:16 AM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect we will see the day MAL becoming a streaming site too. >.<

I really hope they really up the overall quality of the site... since it is owned now by DeNA instead of Crave.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2015 8:33 AM

Oct 2013
Idria said:
Subpyro said:

Oh? What did I make up?

1. Buffering takes longer than full torrent download.

2. (for many countries unavailable) Crunchyroll

3. Cannot simply skip to one scene due to buffer unlike torrents.

4. For airing anime, releases are a tad slower than the torrents (as streaming websites get their files off torrents themselves anyway).

5. quality is lower than that of torrents or even if it is the same

6. It makes you go through walls of ads unlike torrents.

7. It is generally much less clean than the torrents.

I just want to point out that not everyone has top speed 4G internet or whatever that even means, Idk. I get 400 KB/s maximum, and even loading off Crunchyroll (which is legal, right?) requires about 30 seconds of buffer time every time I rewind. Granted, downloading torrents takes more time too, but at least I don't have to worry about the delay once I already have the file.

Rebel_Roo said:
Subpyro said:

VLC Media Player or Media Player Classic are completely safe "free software" which should be able to play any video file format you'd like without any problems, and the only file types which can contain viruses are .exe files; in other words, video files cannot contain viruses, trojans, or malware.

Nothing wrong with people streaming if they want to stream, but just sayin'...
ZadionJul 20, 2015 8:57 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 20, 2015 8:34 AM

Mar 2013
Zadion said:

Same mindset goes for me if perhaps there were any misunderstandings. My interest can just come off aggressive at times, that's all.
Jul 20, 2015 8:35 AM

Jan 2015
Subpyro said:
Rebel_Roo said:

Paranoia and lack of knowledge which websites/uploaders to trust, it seems.

There is no "need" for you to explain your reasons, I was simply interested in hearing them; you were always free to ignore my comment or reply if you wanted to. And yes, it certainly does answer the question.

LOL, yeah, I guess you can say I'm pretty paranoid lol.

And no I wasn't going to ignore the question. You asked a question and I simply answered although I thought I had answered it before but I guess not. I was just wondering why you were asking this question about why people aren't downloading torrents as opposed to streaming.

Anyways, guess that's that. I'm going to lurk and continue to read other people's responses to this new update.

Zadion said:

VLC Media Player or Media Player Classic are completely safe "free software" which should be able to play any video file format you'd like without any problems, and the only file types which can contain viruses are .exe files; in other words, video calls cannot contain viruses, trojans, or malware.

See right here shows I don't know a damn thing about computers. I didn't know video files can't contain viruses. Learn something new everyday lol.

But I think I will stick to streaming for a while.
ArillionJul 20, 2015 8:40 AM
Jul 20, 2015 9:04 AM

Sep 2013
Wow Awesome!
Jul 20, 2015 9:17 AM

Dec 2012
Whooaaa :O
Jul 20, 2015 11:22 AM

Jul 2008
Rebel_Roo said:

See right here shows I don't know a damn thing about computers. I didn't know video files can't contain viruses. Learn something new everyday lol.

But I think I will stick to streaming for a while.

Might be worth mentioning the obvious then: by streaming you're still downloading the video in small parts you use right away, you just don't have to delete the files yourself.
NickienatorJul 20, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 20, 2015 11:58 AM
Dec 2014
Idria said:
Impala said:
Welp, as long as it's free I don't really mind. I admit, I download most of the time but getting a free legal stream site is a nice addition since big name streaming sites like Crunchyroll, FUNimation, Netflix etc aren't available in my country. I'll try to stream every once in a while.

Crunchyroll is available in Cambodia.

Oh Crunchyroll is available EVERYWHERE, no problem there.

It is just the shows that crunchy streams which are region locked.
Jul 20, 2015 12:08 PM
Dec 2014
Flash?! You want computer AIDS?
cuz that's how you get computer AIDS.
Jul 20, 2015 12:41 PM

Dec 2013
lol RIP this site.

export your lists while you still can
Jul 20, 2015 12:47 PM

May 2013
sayonara_sekai said:
lol RIP this site.

Already have :P
[noimg]http://ilp.moe/Index%20top.png[/noimg]
Image scheme by AIDA
Jul 20, 2015 1:21 PM

Jan 2015
sayonara_sekai said:
lol RIP this site.

Already exported and made an account on another site as a back up in case this site flops (which may or may not happen)
Jul 20, 2015 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
Uh, why would MAL flop? I don't understand.

Also, I don't mind streaming sites because I don't have connection issues, besides I don't download anime to my computer unless I REALLY like the show I'm watching.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jul 20, 2015 1:49 PM
Dec 2014
Streaming is inferior to downloading bluray rips. I think we can all agree to that.

I watch a lot of older shows and I live in Europe with decent uncapped broadband so BD rips are the way to go.
Jul 20, 2015 2:21 PM

Aug 2007
Oh fucking great. That means the fansub section is leaving soon.

Zalis said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
As much as i think this is a good news for streamers.
Please don't remove the Fansub section bc probably more than half of us needs it.
Luckily, there is another anime database site out there that has data on fansub groups (with a search function for them even!) and the ability to leave extended-length comments on them, albeit non-anonymously. Though I can't deny that I've enjoyed reading and participating in the trollfest of MAL's group comments over the years.

I always found the comments giving a negative to fansub groups for doing licensed series funny.
Drunk_SamuraiJul 20, 2015 2:30 PM
Jul 20, 2015 3:42 PM

Mar 2013
Anyone care to post in a few simple steps how to export and backup our lists? Many of us are worried about the rapid demise of Mal, and who knows what they will censor or delete next.. Getting our lists out before the ship implodes seems like a good idea
Jul 20, 2015 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
In case anyone else was wondering, having an account with Daisuki does indeed let you stream in HD on MAL.

I tested it out a bit on Cinderella Girls. There was quite a bit of buffering during the opening, and there's a slight lag when you switch in and out of fullscreen, but it was pretty smooth otherwise.

daky-kun said:

Ignore the doomsday predictions for now. People like to get hysterical and blow developments out of proportion.

Long story short, people are concerned the fansubs part of the site will be completely snuffed out. So far fansub info for anime produced by Daisuki has been removed since they're partnered with the new owners of MAL. Whether anything more will actually happen remains to be seen.

There really needs to be a staff member here to address the hysterics and keep the wild predictions in check.

SlickDragon said:
Anyone care to post in a few simple steps how to export and backup our lists?

View your list -> Click the export link at the top -> Click "Export my list" -> Download the file
TripleSRankJul 20, 2015 4:07 PM
Jul 20, 2015 4:16 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I'll continue to stay and observe this change but as Triple said, a staff member needs to come out and keep things under control.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 20, 2015 4:31 PM

Apr 2015
Jul 20, 2015 5:27 PM

Jan 2015
daky-kun said:

Also, I don't mind streaming sites because I don't have connection issues, besides I don't download anime to my computer unless I REALLY like the show I'm watching.

I said in case it flops. I don't know whether this new feature is good or bad. I'm just getting wary because some people are saying that since MAL was bought out, things are going to be changing (they already took features away like the fansub section)
As long as the lists and our profile and the forums stay the same, I don't care one way or the other. I'm just waiting it out.
Jul 20, 2015 5:53 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Rebel_Roo said:
they already took features away like the fansub section

They did not remove the entire fansub section, they just took away the fansubs on the animes Daiskue is hosting.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 20, 2015 5:57 PM

Apr 2014
lol at this becoming a RIP MAL thread
Jul 20, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2015
Until this site does (or doesn't) go to hell in a hand basket, I will continue to use it. I'm just waiting it out to see.
Jul 20, 2015 7:02 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Rebel_Roo said:
Until this site does (or doesn't) go to hell in a hand basket, I will continue to use it. I'm just waiting it out to see.

This is like the 10th time you've said this.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 20, 2015 7:18 PM

Jan 2015
Jicetus said:
Rebel_Roo said:

This is like the 10th time you've said this.

Really? Sorry, I wasn't counting. My bad. :)

I didn't realize I was repeating the same thing. I'll go watch anime now.
Jul 20, 2015 11:11 PM

Mar 2013
Protaku94 said:
lol at this becoming a RIP MAL thread

And that were to be expected. Truthfully, tuning down the discussion and even accusations shared on this thread (even if they are wrong) could quite possibly result in a counter-effect, so the staff not doing that could be a wise move.

When a site loses a rational focus and just expands as much as possible based on the activity is receives that makes it possible, ignoring criticism and accusations by the community comes alongside it.

That said, it would be better for you not to see MAL as something "clean" anymore where feedback goes both ways. It is turning into a powerhouse that does two things alone: expands the horizon of community reach, as well as aims to please the majority. Everything else is cut to avoid unnecessary time and energy waste, plus unwanted outbreaks.
Jul 21, 2015 12:45 AM

Feb 2012
daky-kun said:

There are info, topics and possibly even entries that don't mix too well with any second party policy. Have fun with a shitty lite quality information database on par with those that the streaming sites themselves offer.
Jul 21, 2015 1:31 AM

May 2010
I just found out about this whole thing, and it's exciting, and I guess a little worrying.

I found this site and use it for primarily one thing: Listing
I don't really care about fansub groups being represented on here. I don't care if there's subtitle rankings. What I want out of this site is to be able to list what I watched, and personally I like that I can find various characters and their voice actors.

The forum is an extra for me. This streaming will be an extra for me that I may or may not use. My own profile is an extra for me. The one thing that I care about, out of everything that exists on this site, is my anime list.

I simply can't keep track of everything I watch, and everything I have watched, without my list. I could use another site, and I really hope that I won't ever have to. This site is pretty clean when it comes to design, and it makes everything simple to look at. I don't care about all the flashy stuff, or the unique features. If I can just keep my list, I don't care what else happens to this site. I appreciate whoever it is that updates all the stuff required for me to keep my list updated, thank you, whoever you are, I really appreciate it.

That's how I feel, and where my priorities lie. I'm not going to follow this implicitly. No one else has to feel the same way I do, I don't expect you to, everyone has different priorities, and maybe some have the same ones that I do, and that's okay too. If I find out something is getting in the way of me having an up to date list, then I will switch sites, and until then, I'll stay here.
Jul 21, 2015 3:34 AM

Apr 2013
I'm actually kind of curious to see how this might affect anime production as a whole. With things like CR doing legal streaming, kickstarter-funded anime projects, and now a Japanese company getting a look at the general opinions of Western anime viewers, I think it's obvious that Japan is beginning to seriously turn their eyes towards the Western market. While I'm sure that the Japanese market will still largely determine what kinds of anime are created, I also feel that there may be a slow shift to accommodate the interests of Western viewers.

tl;dr Score your anime carefully. It might end up deciding what anime are produced :)
Jul 21, 2015 7:13 AM

Sep 2011
fantastic!
Jul 21, 2015 8:57 AM

May 2013
Can't believe this becomes relevant again.

I honestly thought it would be a good improvement, but then fansub section got removed and stricter censorship for R18+. Such a let down.
FlameWingman21Jul 21, 2015 9:01 AM
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

214 by shehzad4452 »»
Yesterday, 6:42 PM

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

231 by ParadiseSukai »»
May 6, 11:57 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by nothing_ness »»
May 5, 8:51 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.