Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2015 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
The title says it all. What do you guys think? I honestly think that this anime and LN are mocking the censorship law in Japan, which prohibits them from showing genitalia.
Jul 11, 2015 1:01 PM

Jan 2014
-xAttack609x- said:
The title says it all. What do you guys think? I honestly think that this anime and LN are mocking the censorship law in Japan, which prohibits them from showing genitalia.
Actually I'm ok with some laws prohibiting certain content. After all there is a giant amount of fairly obscene material including but not limited to:

-Incest (of any kind)
-Underage sex (between themselves or with somebody older than them)
-Underage ecchi (as in showing H stuff with kid characters)
-Rape

Whatever else floats your mind. Some ideas that include the aforementioned topics are downright disturbing. There may be an excess of censors in some series, but the fact is that there is media that portrays obscene content to degrees that are not normal. Take Sekon no Qwaser for example of something you DON'T want minors to watch.

Now this series took the censorship issue to the extreme in the "what if" censors were of this degree. It would be unhealthy of course, but no censors or few censors cannot be done either.
Jul 11, 2015 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
Jul 12, 2015 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
BGMaxie said:
-xAttack609x- said:
Actually I'm ok with some laws prohibiting certain content. After all there is a giant amount of fairly obscene material including but not limited to:

-Incest (of any kind)
-Rape

Whatever else floats your mind. Some ideas that include the aforementioned topics are downright disturbing. There may be an excess of censors in some series, but the fact is that there is media that portrays obscene content to degrees that are not normal. Take Sekon no Qwaser for example of something you DON'T want minors to watch.

Now this series took the censorship issue to the extreme in the "what if" censors were of this degree. It would be unhealthy of course, but no censors or few censors cannot be done either.

I think you missed the point. He said nothing against censorship in general, only that this anime mocks it. And I think, to prohibit to show genitalia is pretty stupid and redundant ( as long as the anime is for teenagers or adults ).
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 12, 2015 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
TheBigGuy said:
BGMaxie said:

-Incest (of any kind)
-Rape

I think you missed the point. He said nothing against censorship in general, only that this anime mocks it. And I think, to prohibit to show genitalia is pretty stupid and redundant ( as long as the anime is for teenagers or adults ).

I meant the censoring of genitalia (and all the other things that the anime mentions, for instance vulgar words).

I have no idea about censorship concering rape and the aforementioned. I thought that most ''incest'' videos were fake (actors), and forbidden if they're real. Incest in hentai is no big deal for people, since it's ''not real'' anway or didn't happen in real life. Besides, ecchi anime (and hentai?) usually have late timeslots to prevent children from watching it, right?
Jul 13, 2015 7:30 PM

Dec 2013
is the content in the episodes actually censored by the tv station or are those 'censors' part of the actual animation without intending to have anything hiding behind them? (you're supposed to assume what's behind censors?)

I was just thinking in terms of the BDs. Seems like there is a lot of censoring, i wasn't sure whether like op was saying, they are 'censoring' to mock censoring, or if they were actually forced to censor content that wasn't appropriate and that stuff will be uncovered in BDs.
Jul 13, 2015 10:35 PM

Mar 2015
I used to think that censorship is used so that more people will buy the BDs for the uncensored version of the anime. I also think that censorship is used to avoid any problems with the public.

For the mocking part, I kind of agree, although I think the moral of the story is to let people be free and not in 24 hours surveillance. But I really don't want to see Tanukichi's dick swinging around like in the OP video. That is weird.

Jul 13, 2015 11:00 PM

Oct 2011
DarklordVor said:
I used to think that censorship is used so that more people will buy the BDs for the uncensored version of the anime. I also think that censorship is used to avoid any problems with the public.

For the mocking part, I kind of agree, although I think the moral of the story is to let people be free and not in 24 hours surveillance. But I really don't want to see Tanukichi's dick swinging around like in the OP video. That is weird.

That part was still censored. Even in the Uncensored version.
Jul 13, 2015 11:25 PM

Apr 2015
Maybe this anime takes place in an alternate universe where 4Kids took over the world. (Kidding)
Jul 14, 2015 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
Really? I thought it was to please ISIS militants so they have an animu they can watch
Jul 14, 2015 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
-Mihairu said:
is the content in the episodes actually censored by the tv station or are those 'censors' part of the actual animation without intending to have anything hiding behind them? (you're supposed to assume what's behind censors?)

I was just thinking in terms of the BDs. Seems like there is a lot of censoring, i wasn't sure whether like op was saying, they are 'censoring' to mock censoring, or if they were actually forced to censor content that wasn't appropriate and that stuff will be uncovered in BDs.

I thought the censorship was part of the comedy? Not sure about this, so if anyone can confirm this...
Jul 15, 2015 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
After reading the context of the story, this entire concept seems to be giving the middle finger salute to the current nippon govt/diet parliament/perhaps pm abe or more like a f*ck u shintaro ishihara and his cowardice "no bushido" crap(damn that ishihara hypocritical wanker).
Jul 15, 2015 3:33 AM

Jan 2011
Ya don't say?
Jul 15, 2015 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
After looking into the synopsis of the show a bit more, gotta say this scenario of the "moralfags+shove that morality down your throat+kill-joy censorship+police state brutality totalitarianism" can be applied to a lot of those psuedo-communistic/hybrid authoritarian Asiatic countries/societies as well even from the "north korea wannabe cuntry" that I was most regrettable to be born into.
Jul 18, 2015 10:27 PM

Oct 2013
zaladinos said:
the "north korea wannabe cuntry"

I see what you did there.
Jul 27, 2015 6:22 AM

Sep 2014
Good
Jul 28, 2015 9:41 PM

Dec 2014
you never fail to amaze me japan
Aug 7, 2015 7:58 AM

Oct 2010
MoeGod said:
Really? I thought it was to please ISIS militants so they have an animu they can watch

Best. Comment. Ever.
Aug 7, 2015 3:41 PM

Oct 2009
BGMaxie said:
-xAttack609x- said:

-Incest (of any kind)
-Rape

You missed the whole point of this show: censorship is not the best way to upheld moral conduct in society, only through proper education society could act mature in handling such things.

Also Seikon no Quaser is NOT a show for teenagers. It is a late night anime show in Japan which exclusively slotted for adult, even the label for the west is R+. It is not explicit even though it is obscene which according to Japanese law it could be aired on TV, but nonetheless it is still in the category of adult shows. This is the basic problem with the western anime audience, and to some degree of ignorance from the content distributor, shows that are actually for adult is disguised or mislabeled with general tag 'shounen' to boost sales from thirsty underaged audience. It is like selling low alcohol content booze to minors.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2015

381 by vladyatsuk »»
Apr 23, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

276 by SGandalf_Otaku »»
Mar 21, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

343 by Adnash »»
Mar 21, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bastek66 - Sep 12, 2015

144 by vinnywizanime »»
Mar 4, 3:09 AM

Poll: » Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

140 by vinnywizanime »»
Mar 3, 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.