Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2015 6:26 PM
May 2015
What did I just watch!? I only added this to my list so I would have something to wind down to after Gangsta. and Ranpo Kitan, but that ending....guess I'll continue to watch
Jul 9, 2015 6:26 PM

Feb 2014
Stark700 said:
What a misleading OP theme

What a misleading 50% of the first episode.
~ ビーせんぱい
We stand in awe of that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained.
Jul 9, 2015 6:36 PM
Jul 2008
TheKawaiiZombie said:
Dafuq did i just watch XD. At first i just saw the horror theme so i told myself, why not ? Could be funny ! Then i started watching and was like, 'the hell is this ? Moe shit ? Well i'll continue a bit, after 10 minutes i was like, you serious ? I nearly stopped watching but i gave it a chance, then towards the end i was happy i didn't drop it funny plot twist lol. I think it will be hilarious, the main character is mentally messed up lol.

Dude, that is exactly what I just went through. I hope all the episodes are not like this. The episode itself I thought was kinda boring aside from the plot twist at the end.
StirFriedPandaJul 9, 2015 6:40 PM
Jul 9, 2015 6:49 PM

Nov 2014
Holy Fuck, another madoka?
Hi there
Jul 9, 2015 6:56 PM
Apr 2013
Holy shit, that was awesome!

Yuki is totally insane, and I'm suspecting that Megumi isn't real either...everyone but Yuki ignored her presence. I'd watch more school slice-of-life series if they all had twists like this.
Jul 9, 2015 7:12 PM

Jan 2014
Ugh, I don't like the changes as much as it gives a better 1st episode compared the 1st chapter of the manga.
Pretty sure they're going to have to do flashbacks later on considering they skipped a ton of story. Otherwise they have to go through an original route which if they did, I just hope they don't fuck it up.
Cross fingers and hope for the best I suppose...

vodall said:
It's super depressing that self-congratulatory, dark subversion is the new norm for the horror genre. It's not scary or clever in any way, only predictable; I knew the anime would follow that route as soon as I saw how abnormally moe it is.

Anyway, dropped. Not sure how people aren't getting tired of this (though I am kind of jealous).

That's because your standards are too high. Get off your king's chair and you'll enjoy most shows that you dropped.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jul 9, 2015 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
holy shit man i always thought something was up with the visual cover came in knowing next to nothing about this.

hints i started to pick up on were one why Yuki was the only one attending class at the time just thought well this is just some weird club that the school is allowing

then seeing the "dead end" boarded up to the top with desks had me questioning it but that big red flag for me was seeing the grave in the roof top garden nearing the end i was thinking this show might have more to it than i thought..but that was quite unexpected.

so is this gonna continue like this or is shit gonna be real from here on out.
Jul 9, 2015 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
The plot got me interested, first episode only showed how will the story, I want to know more of the characters and the plot, and also see some action ..
Jul 9, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2015
i never read the manga yet but what changes have they so far made from the transition, also in the manga does it get that gory that you guys are wondering if it's going to get censored?
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Jul 9, 2015 7:23 PM

Jan 2014
Haven't read the manga.
20 miniutes of moe bullpoop for shock effect, meh. Tone shift was still cool though even if I was going to drop it at 10 mins. I'm a party pooper I know.
That one girl reading stephen king novel.
I like that the mc is psychotic, but 20 minutes of moe poop was still harsh on my brain.

Looking forward to the next episode! I'm hoping for more horror but I really can't tell where this series will go from here.
Jul 9, 2015 7:24 PM

Dec 2012
Whoah. I hate the fact that I did check the discussion first before watching it. To be honest, I haven't noticed the Horror tag at first. But still, I was still surprised to see that her classmates was already dead.
Jul 9, 2015 7:31 PM

Aug 2014
It was fun,it felt useless at first, but then I started to notice lots of good juxtaposition littered throughout the episode. Some I saw, some I missed (like when Miki looked uneasy when Yuki said, "class is going on") but realized that it was there when the ending came. This looks very entertaining.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jul 9, 2015 7:31 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Majority this episode did a good job introducing the characters and I'm guessing their "everyday lifestyle" (Or so they want to think) but the last part...........

I knew about the zombie thing but damn I did not expect to see that our MC is in denial about the situation and obviously has so much psychological trauma that she's made up her own reality that she actually believes is real

That is some intense shit to say the least O_O Definitely watching this series to the end now
Jul 9, 2015 7:36 PM

Nov 2014
O.O what the h#%% i just watch, early i just watched 10mins of this episodei i think is another loli, school slice life, but now i have more time i watch it full....im in shock...and Yuki delusional scene talking in his class...d...god. For a moment i compared Yuki with Mavis from the Fairy Tail spin-off, but i realized she worse than Mavis. Is so sad and crazy.

Edit-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SephilJul 9, 2015 7:54 PM
Jul 9, 2015 7:41 PM

Nov 2014
Well, ok.. Can't say too much about show without episode 2-3.

Jul 9, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2015
OP is cute, and ED is okay. That whole dog-chasing scene was a lot to get through because of all of the fantasy Yuki's trauma caused, but it was fun while it lasted. Interested in what's going to happen next.
Jul 9, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2013
19 minutes of annoying moe slice of life crap, 2 minutes of interesting premise.. we'll see
Wind_God_Girl said:
That's because your standards are too high. Get off your king's chair and you'll enjoy most shows that you dropped.
lol doesnt work that way.
Jul 9, 2015 7:45 PM

Oct 2011
thought it'd be a light-hearted anime because of the beginning but the ending of that episode was... wow
Jul 9, 2015 7:52 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Going to enjoy this a lot.. interesting first episode!
Jul 9, 2015 7:52 PM

Oct 2011
OMG she is imagining this whole time. Zombie apocalypse !!!! WTH!!!

No wonder all her classmates were talking to only her. Not even to Miki.

That writing on the blackboard 0____0
Someone's grave---Megu-nee?
Shovel kill ratio
Barricade 0____0
So they are growing their own food on the roof.
Stephen King book ....was another hint.
Miki watching over Yuki every time. Even checking every room?
Windows are broken
Also they were prevent her from going home.

I wonder why this is happening???
Jul 9, 2015 8:12 PM
Dec 2011
Xenocrisi said:

Wait wtf the text behind xD
So dark

I was really missled by the summery I read. I kept waiting for the outbreak to happen. I had read all the summeries of the anime I thought I might like before watching any so I thought I had started the wrong one. What a twist it really got me. But I'm not going to watch this. Seems way to sad
Jul 9, 2015 8:25 PM

Dec 2014
Holy hell, what did I just watch? That plot twist threw me off, gave me goosebumps.
This is what I get for blindly watching new anime.
Seriously need to check those tags. Damn.
Jul 9, 2015 8:35 PM

Mar 2015
That was just...man.

Great twist, that gave me chills. I can't wait for the 2nd episode now.

Hope they don't rely too much on the comedy aspect though, it wasn't very good.

...Although considering the twist at the end, that might have been intentional.
AniManiac0607Jul 9, 2015 8:46 PM
Jul 9, 2015 8:44 PM
Mar 2015
TheKawaiiZombie said:
Dafuq did i just watch XD. At first i just saw the horror theme so i told myself, why not ? Could be funny ! Then i started watching and was like, 'the hell is this ? Moe shit ? Well i'll continue a bit, after 10 minutes i was like, you serious ? I nearly stopped watching but i gave it a chance, then towards the end i was happy i didn't drop it funny plot twist lol. I think it will be hilarious, the main character is mentally messed up lol.

i was think ok its color where does the horror fit in till the end i was uh ok, whoa wtf then at the end did a 180 but i enjoyed it
Jul 9, 2015 8:56 PM

May 2014
Holy shit.

I was totally eating this up, loving all the kawaii and humour and falling for all of it. I have to say, I did note every time they looked outside and there was that sound, something felt off. I thought it was like, an impending earthquake or something.

They seriously did a fantastic job at dropping the truth there. Seriously caught me off guard, and now I'm looking forward to this series even more. Very, very unique, that's for sure!

Wow. My brain is still trying to take that in haha. Hope the rest of the series lives up to this episode!
Jul 9, 2015 9:00 PM

May 2014
shes not acepting reailty and her freinds are joining along with her this is woah what great misledge i at least hope they start chaging main charecter and go to a person other than her delusions or itll just get sadder
Jul 9, 2015 9:24 PM

Jul 2014
I read the synopsis a while ago and had completely forgotten what the show was supposed to be about. About 5 minutes in I was wondering why I decided to watch this and at about 13 minutes I was thinking this would be better as a short. Needless to say I was completely unprepared and quite surprised at the way the episode ended. This could turn out to be interesting.
Jul 9, 2015 9:39 PM

Jan 2015
Damn on the re-watch there's a lot of signs about their situation and gotta hand it to the other members because the put on a good facade for senpai.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 9, 2015 9:46 PM

Aug 2013
I was thinking, Horror? Seinen? where is it? when start watching it..
but that ending caught me off guard
interesting
Jul 9, 2015 9:47 PM

May 2013
Wow. I waited for the horror stuff and it did not disappoint.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 9, 2015 9:49 PM

Feb 2015
Although it was different from the manga, I enjoyed it. Production values looked fine and character design looked great.

The whole episode was cute and funny, with the ending being the best part. I thought the setting’s reveal (the real setting, not the “Yuki-can’t-deal-with-reality” setting) was done pretty well. Better than in the manga, I’d say.

Anyhow, I’m pretty satisfy with this 1st episode.
Looking forward to the next one. Kurumi’s episode....

Jul 9, 2015 10:08 PM

Jan 2013
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEE
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I saw that horror tag and thought ok maybe there might not be any since the character design is all moe
Then the ending
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I lost my SHIT
I was like HOLY SHIT Plot Twist Woooow
That Horror tag is not lying
It's REALLLLL
Jul 9, 2015 10:18 PM

Mar 2015
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! WOW JUST WOW!

So Yuki was hallucinating all along???? Now I get why Kurumi needs the shovel, it's to either bury or kill the zombies!

Also Miki-kun shouting in the class! Because there is no one there! Fuck. Got mindblown in one episode! This anime is better paced than Higurashi it seems, Higurashi was good, but it took to long for the build up.

Also the creepy elements in the cute stuffs from the beginning like HELP ME on the chalk board. Damn!!!

I'm looking forward next episodes. Good animation, cute characters, and horror? I'm already hooked up.

EDIT: Just rewatched it. OMG. It made sense why Miki shout during in the class. Why Miki just went inside Home Economics room and sighed before apologizing to the class. Why Miki just keep on shouting at other classes. Why Kurumi bring the shovel all the time. Also at the roof scene you can see that after Yuki gone, the 2 characters are also gone, at first I thought it was a goof, but OMG it was the twist.

Also that is a grave on the roof scene! A fucking grave! No wonder Kurumi have the shovel and that other girl shouted at them for running there. It was a grave!

Also if you see carefully, the zombies were featured at the roof scene. What kind of person playing football that bend their shoulders like Zombie?
DarklordVorJul 9, 2015 10:45 PM

Jul 9, 2015 10:34 PM
Dec 2014
definitely my favorite first episode
Jul 9, 2015 10:51 PM

Jan 2014
WOW...So many people bitching in the thread...Once in a million year someone tries to make some interesting,original shit and half of the people complain cause its moe,other half complain because its horror/shock factor...Well,fuck you too...=_=

About the complaints about change from manga,its obvious they wanted to fill the first episode...And they executed the reveal really well...So.....
Jul 9, 2015 11:22 PM

Apr 2014
I have to admit the foreshadowing was pretty well done, and things make way more sense when you re-watch it. The whole thing about Miki yelling and barging in class, the other students, seeing everyone have to play along with Yuki's delusions as to not break her was pretty sad. Not to mention the sudden visual hints that appear for a second. It really made me want to watch the episode again.
At first I thought the first half, the first 20 minutes were pointless filler to make the shock factor of the big reveal more shocking, but it really did slowly build up this strange unease, like things were too perfect, and something fishy was going on with how the characters were acting and how others were questioning Yuki's sanity. (though I admit the whole dog chase dragged on too long)

I'm surprised. I thought this was just going to be mindless schlock with moe girls in the middle of a zombie apocalypse with KUH-RAZY characters and situations (I guess HotD killed my expectations on all zombie anime) but there was a surprising amount of thought put into the episode.

Will continue to watch. It's nothing amazing but it's definitely exceeded my expectations. 6/10 for now, above average.
HonguJul 9, 2015 11:25 PM
Jul 9, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2010
Wait, what? that twist got me.

now i'm really interested.
Jul 9, 2015 11:35 PM

Apr 2008
I didn't have any information on this one (didn't read synopsis or tags and whatever). I just watched it for the heck of it.

I was a bit sleepy midway then suddenly plot twist worthy of my attention. I hope it'll be good.

Jul 10, 2015 12:12 AM
Oct 2014
Primeval said:
This was pretty disappointing. Too many changes that don't even make sense or won't make sense in the future. Only good point was how portrayed reality and the undead, a lot more detail and realistic, before they were a bunch of black silhouettes with white eyes.

I was honestly excited when I heard this was getting an adaptation since I've started reading the manga over a year ago.

it's funny you say that because the mangaka who did the story is also in charge of the scrip for the anime
Jul 10, 2015 12:14 AM

Oct 2010
*Insert photo of M.Night Shyamalan here*
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Jul 10, 2015 12:16 AM

Mar 2013
started out kinda cute but I expect the soul crushing to start soon.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 10, 2015 12:19 AM

Jan 2015
12 episodes confirmed. Oh well, nothing new, i'd have preferred 13 episodes but okay.
XenocrisiJul 10, 2015 12:27 AM
Jul 10, 2015 12:23 AM

Mar 2013
I have a theory about the dog and why it hates Miki but I don't know if it's got any validity or not.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 10, 2015 12:30 AM

Jan 2014
Sourire said:
19 minutes of annoying moe slice of life crap, 2 minutes of interesting premise.. we'll see
Wind_God_Girl said:
lol doesnt work that way.

Oh yeah it does. I've seen people did it and it work wonders. I did too.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jul 10, 2015 12:30 AM

Jan 2013
I had this one on my PTW because i knew it would be about survival and zombie stuff, but when I started watching it I was really confused.. and then my heart broke.
Jul 10, 2015 12:36 AM

Nov 2014
SilentAnswer said:
After rereading all of the posts I realized nobody caught on to the other Megumi reference.
Also, there are more than 20 hints throughout the episode regarding the true nature of the show and around 8 more regarding manga points. From scouring the internet and checking just about every forum I realized most people only noticed like 10 at most.

Ca you link where you saw the references please?
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Jul 10, 2015 12:46 AM

Nov 2014
Xenocrisi said:
12 episodes confirmed. Oh well, nothing new, i'd have preferred 13 episodes but okay.

Lets hope 12 episodes, with an OVA, and future seasons xD
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Jul 10, 2015 12:53 AM
Sep 2010
well, i want some moe before goin to sleep, and now i can't sleep
wabi sabi
Jul 10, 2015 12:53 AM

May 2011
i Watch it without knowing what i'm gonna see later... halfway expect for cute series.
now i dont know how to react...
Jul 10, 2015 12:55 AM

Nov 2014
I know how all of you feel xD

Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.