Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2015 12:33 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I loved Season 2 of SNAFU. I thought it was a nice episode regardless of its cliffhanger. I would definitely buy the LN's if there were to be a publisher that picks up the series.

Oct 2012
cchigu said:
DoctorWasabi said:

Here's some info to clear things up, some guy on kissanime said

OBVIOUS INFORMATION (some people may actually need this):
- Yui loves Hikki
- Yukinon loves Hikki
- All three of them want to stay friends
- If anyone confesses, the trio's relationship will become awkward and everyone will get hurt in the end since they'll most likely lose someone
- MY OUTLOOK: Hikki likes Yukinon but also wants to be friends with Yui. NOT CONFIRMED!!!

THIS EPISODE:
- Yui is going to start being competitive over Hikki's love with Yukinon
- Yui calls everyone out on a "group date" as "one last hurrah" with everyone together as they have been before she starts taking the aggressive approach
- Yui wants to win the bet that took place at the beginning of season one where whoever solves the most challenges gets to ask whoever to do whatever
- Yui wants to win so she can ask Hikki to go out with her
- Yui knows that Yukinon really really wants the trio to stay together, and so Yui asks her if it's okay to do that
- Thus, this makes Yui really unfair and deceiving since she knows Yukinon won't be able to say "no" to her
- When Yukinon is about to say "yes" (really her only option), Hikki steps in since he notices Yukinon being unable to speak for herself
- He doesn't agree that it's okay for a bet to determine what someone can and cannot do
- If Yui wins the bet and does with it what she plans to do, Yukinon won't be able to tell Hikki her feelings, so that is why Hikki is against this (since she wouldn't be able to do what she wanted, which is unfair. It's like controlling someone's options in life, which Hikki definitely doesn't agree with)
- Yukinon says "this isn't the final anything" since they still have to do Hikki's request. They still need to find something genuine. She wants them to all still stay together regardless of what relationships they may have currently or in the future
- Yukinon has a request for the Service Club, but... CLIFFHANGER (she doesn't tell us what the request is)

LNs gives a hint that Hikki like Yuki

I already Know that Yukino and Yui love Hikki but thanks for the info about this episode. I read the LN 1-10 but havent read the 11. Does this has to do with me being dense or because I havent read the 11 and got confused on episode 13?
Apr 2013
cchigu said:
Imaishi said:

Whether it was made to be funny or not doesn't matter to me at all, it was the best thing about S1 so it not being in S2 makes it worse for me.

It's hardly any dark. These are just exaggerated problems of loner teenagers.

True dat anime is not dat dark but please have a look at the LNs

The LNs aren't dark in any sense either. Half of Hachiman's monologues can be considered as jokes to give an example. Have to agree with KLK dude though, the studio did overdramatised every single scene in the anime.
Jun 27, 2015 12:34 AM

Mar 2015
cchigu said:
YUI IS A BITCH!!!!!!!!!

No no no. You are. Or at least Haruno is.

Jun 27, 2015 12:35 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
worldeditor11 said:
cchigu said:

True dat anime is not dat dark but please have a look at the LNs

The LNs aren't dark in any sense either. Half of Hachiman's monologues can be considered as jokes to give an example. Have to agree with KLK dude though, the studio did overdramatised every single scene in the anime.

Tension is too heavy though
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 27, 2015 12:36 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
DarklordVor said:
cchigu said:
YUI IS A BITCH!!!!!!!!!

Thing she did with Yukinon was just...............
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 27, 2015 12:40 AM

Mar 2015
cchigu said:
DarklordVor said:

She started out playing the nice girl, of course she's going to take an action. How is she, the 2nd girl, going to compete with the 1st girl that is totally for the plot convenience will get the guy?

If she was totally a bitch, she wouldn't bring Yukino on that date. Hachiman agreed to that date without knowing Yukino was there. So Yui pretty much can get Hachiman if she wants to, but she cared about Yukino so much that she resisted. Yui even gives them some moments together. Also she would totally disrupt that infirmary scene by using any means necessary if she was a bitch.

Jun 27, 2015 12:47 AM
Aug 2012
"I hate nice girls" ---- Hikigaya Hachiman

You weren't wrong bro, now you can add a few more reasons for that.

Yuifans aren't happy though..........but for all the nice girl act, she was forcing her decisions on Yukino for quite some time.

Jun 27, 2015 12:49 AM

Jul 2014
cchigu said:
YUI IS A BITCH!!!!!!!!!

Nah, At least Haruno is. All Yui wanted was to confirm everything she had on her mind.

Jun 27, 2015 12:49 AM

May 2015
It was a nice episode... Cliffhanger... Cliffhanger everywhere. Got to give this 9/10 for that cliffhanger ending.

Yui seems to get aggressive now, I hope she didn't lose it and go full Yandere or School Days shit.
Jun 27, 2015 12:53 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
cchigu said:

She started out playing the nice girl, of course she's going to take an action. How is she, the 2nd girl, going to compete with the 1st girl that is totally for the plot convenience will get the guy?

If she was totally a bitch, she wouldn't bring Yukino on that date. Hachiman agreed to that date without knowing Yukino was there. So Yui pretty much can get Hachiman if she wants to, but she cared about Yukino so much that she resisted. Yui even gives them some moments together. Also she would totally disrupt that infirmary scene by using any means necessary if she was a bitch.

I agreed with one, Yui was not really a bitch, agressive maybe. But she do what wanted to do, which is the friendship of 3 friends. Yui is probably the nicest girl you'd find in real life, she cared about you and your well being and wanted you to be happy. She even noticed Yukino's feeling for Hikki, and backed down a bit. This series is gonna end with a sad ending for Yui fans...

This is totally why I never like girl #1, she always gets her romance on plate with some random plot convinience. (Asuna from SAO). Which is why I always rooted for girl #2 or #3, because sometimes they are more realistic and interesting on how they will fight the unbeatable girl #1 (like Hinata from Naruto)
Jun 27, 2015 12:54 AM

Nov 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Yuifans aren't happy though..........but for all the nice girl act, she was forcing her decisions on Yukino for quite some time.

I gotta give it up for Yui though for that. Yui realizes that they all can't stay like this forever & it's evident with Yukinon's mother and sister on her ass it won't last forever. What Yui did is finally make progress. Now, it's going to be an all-out war for whom can get Hiki first in a sense. Yui had to play the bad part to get any progress made (Sound familiar, Hikigaya?).

NOW WE WAIT FOR SEASON 3.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 27, 2015 1:00 AM
Aug 2012
Ragix said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I gotta give it up for Yui though for that. Yui realizes that they all can't stay like this forever & it's evident with Yukinon's mother and sister on her ass it won't last forever. What Yui did is finally make progress. Now, it's going to be an all-out war for whom can get Hiki first in a sense. Yui had to play the bad part to get any progress made (Sound familiar, Hikigaya?).

NOW WE WAIT FOR SEASON 3.

Except she knew Yukino, at her current situation won't be able to say "No" to her her. She was taking advantage of Yukino and like i said.....forcing her decision on Yukino yet again. The last few may have been without too much consequences (oh wait the Tobe one wans't and i am starting to get bad vibes now that i think about it) but this one was bad.

I will wait for te LNs though.......the adaptation rushed a lot of things from episode 9 and later. You really can't finish a volume in just 2 episodes.

Jun 27, 2015 1:03 AM
Nov 2014
Anybody saw the 8man mask in the CommiSubs Opening version ???? =)

4/5 For me, and a nice way to end the season. Fav anime of 2015 imho, still waiting for Heaven's Feel movie.

EDIT : you did ! (see above)
Jun 27, 2015 1:04 AM

May 2015
I SMELL SEASON 3

Jun 27, 2015 1:06 AM

Sep 2012
>Cliffhangers.

Nice ep nonetheless, here's hoping for a third season.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 27, 2015 1:07 AM

Aug 2012
dafaq did i just watch? I feel like we are missing a lot from noval. Mostly cant understand things properly, yet still enjoy the show. One of my favourite series, good characters and sorry for end, probably 1 year to go another season when kuroko fangays have their season 4. Unfair.
Jun 27, 2015 1:09 AM

Aug 2013
I want something genuine... I want a proper ending T-T

Feeling empty now.

Time to learn Japanese so I can read volume 12 and 13 ASAP when they come out =x
Jun 27, 2015 1:16 AM

Aug 2012
ooo333 said:
Hachiman will solve Jpn's low birth rate / declining population

Rofl
Jun 27, 2015 1:17 AM
May 2015
Tis a sad month as this anime ended.

8man x Iroha route = Problem solved.

Also seeing Haruno-san as truly caring for her sister as siblings truly never hate each other, everything a person does to their siblings has reasons behind it even though at times it can truly be distasteful.
Alas_JuroJun 27, 2015 1:21 AM
Jun 27, 2015 1:18 AM

Aug 2012
Lets make a harem, solves every fuckin fan problem
Jun 27, 2015 1:18 AM
Nov 2014
EBlack said:
dafaq did i just watch? I feel like we are missing a lot from noval. Mostly cant understand things properly, yet still enjoy the show. One of my favourite series, good characters and sorry for end, probably 1 year to go another season when kuroko fangays have their season 4. Unfair.

Guess we'll all have to wait for vol 12 =)
By "kuroko fangays", do you mean Kuroko no basket fans or those of that girl from Toaru Majutsu no Index/Railgun ?
Jun 27, 2015 1:20 AM

Jan 2015
EBlack said:

Hachiman doesn't have the balls. Funny how he balls to be completely be brutally honest with people like Hayama but doesn't have the balls to tell his old crush to f off.

To actually make a move would be something so far against his character, I would be surprised he ever did so.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2014
Alas_Juro said:
Tis a sand thing the anime ended.

8man x Iroha route = Problem solved.

Honestly I woulnd't mind at all. Since I woulndn't be surprised that 8chan would get eventually "exhausted" from his relationship with Yui and Yukino and just wihs for something new (and genuine like he said)

To find himself consoled by Iroha

Aug 2012
Aidamis said:
EBlack said:

By "kuroko fangays", do you mean Kuroko no basket fans or those of that girl from Toaru Majutsu no Index/Railgun ?

A bullshit anime that called Kuroko no Basket that should be about basketbol, not super powers but getting new 25 episodes every season when we will probably wait for new season about 1 or 2 years

Apr 2015
Hiki's voice and acting is horrible during the last scene. As if something is stuck in his throat.
#CHEXIT
Jun 27, 2015 1:22 AM

Mar 2015
EBlack said:

That's why we have the VN games.... no official english version yet. But.... I heard there's a Totsuka route.

Also the 2nd game is announced! So yeah... it kind of solves some of the problems.

Aug 2012
Eylandos said:
EBlack said:

Hachiman doesn't have the balls. Funny how he balls to be completely be brutally honest with people like Hayama but doesn't have the balls to tell his old crush to f off.

To actually make a move would be something so far against his character, I would be surprised he ever did so.

He is ok, just not used to being liked from girls xD

Apr 2015
Guys Please answer me .... What did yui mean by " i play dirty"
How did yuki's sister hear hachiman words when they was at yui's ?
Did yui win the Bet ? and how ?
Jun 27, 2015 1:23 AM

Aug 2012
SmallDanger said:

Well, i didnt understand shit either. They are missin a lot probably
Jun 27, 2015 1:23 AM

Oct 2012
SmallDanger said:

cchigu said:

- Yui loves Hikki
- Yukinon loves Hikki
- If anyone confesses, the trio's relationship will become awkward and everyone will get hurt in the end since they'll most likely lose someone
- MY OUTLOOK: Hikki likes Yukinon but also wants to be friends with Yui. NOT CONFIRMED!!!

THIS EPISODE:
- Yui calls everyone out on a "group date" as "one last hurrah" with everyone together as they have been before she starts taking the aggressive approach
- Yui wants to win the bet that took place at the beginning of season one where whoever solves the most challenges gets to ask whoever to do whatever
- Yui knows that Yukinon really really wants the trio to stay together, and so Yui asks her if it's okay to do that
- Thus, this makes Yui really unfair and deceiving since she knows Yukinon won't be able to say "no" to her
- When Yukinon is about to say "yes" (really her only option), Hikki steps in since he notices Yukinon being unable to speak for herself
- He doesn't agree that it's okay for a bet to determine what someone can and cannot do
- If Yui wins the bet and does with it what she plans to do, Yukinon won't be able to tell Hikki her feelings, so that is why Hikki is against this (since she wouldn't be able to do what she wanted, which is unfair. It's like controlling someone's options in life, which Hikki definitely doesn't agree with)
- Yukinon says "this isn't the final anything" since they still have to do Hikki's request. They still need to find something genuine. She wants them to all still stay together regardless of what relationships they may have currently or in the future
- Yukinon has a request for the Service Club, but... CLIFFHANGER (she doesn't tell us what the request is)

LNs gives a hint that Hikki like Yuki[/quote]
This
Jun 27, 2015 1:24 AM

Aug 2012
DarklordVor said:
EBlack said:

That's why we have the VN games.... no official english version yet. But.... I heard there's a Totsuka route.

Also the 2nd game is announced! So yeah... it kind of solves some of the problems.

Well they are japanese so
Jun 27, 2015 1:24 AM

Dec 2014
Best End
Jun 27, 2015 1:25 AM

Jan 2010
Aidamis said:
EBlack said:

He means the former. Which seems unlikely, since the ongoing third season is set to wrap things up.

Of course, there is still the ongoing sequel, but an adaption of that probably won't come out for a while.

Edit: to add on that list -Shirley- posted, go (re)read the light novels and take notice of 8man's descriptions of Yukino. At times, they give off a sense of whole-hearted fascination, like he can't take his eyes off of her. It essentially dips into purple prose territory, lol.
muramusaw8Jun 27, 2015 1:29 AM
Jun 27, 2015 1:25 AM
May 2015
Imeon said:
Hiki's voice and acting is horrible during the last scene. As if something is stuck in his throat.

I think it fits a scene like this, a shaky voice in a dramatic situation.
Jun 27, 2015 1:26 AM

Apr 2015
-Shirley- said:
SmallDanger said:

cchigu said:

- Yui loves Hikki
- Yukinon loves Hikki

THIS EPISODE:

This[/quote]

Thanks but

SmallDanger said:
Jun 27, 2015 1:26 AM

Jan 2015
EBlack said:
Eylandos said:

Ehh I don't know. The first time in his life he went all the way through and confessed to a girl, she rejected him in a terrible manner. He seems to enjoy taking the safe route and not take any damage that deep to the heart.

Also I just can't see him dating any of the girls without it being really awkward to everyone around him. Ya I agree he probably isn't used to getting attention from the females but that is what makes it harder for him to make a move. He will rationalize that they are just being nice.

Maybe a timeskip would do him good.
EylandosJun 27, 2015 1:29 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2015 1:27 AM

Mar 2015
EBlack said:
DarklordVor said:

So... we learn Japanese together! Damn it, Japan made people around the world to study Japanese because of these stuffs lol.

Jun 27, 2015 1:29 AM

Aug 2012
Why a cliffhanger? ;_;

Other than that, I enjoyed season 2 a lot 10/10.
Jun 27, 2015 1:31 AM

Jul 2013
That cliffhanger was absolutely disgusting.

Anyone know where I can read/buy a translated version of this novel online? I have to know what happens.

Besides that cliffhanger this season has been a solid 9/10 and I'm hoping for a third.
Jun 27, 2015 1:31 AM

Oct 2012
SmallDanger said:
-Shirley- said:

This

Thanks but

SmallDanger said:
[/quote]
I dont think so, Maybe she just knew that Hachiman is there.
Jun 27, 2015 1:32 AM
Oct 2010
Personally I prefer season 1 of this, but mostly because season one managed to flow in a more natural way than season 2 did. First it was a comedy anime and they stuck to that while still sprinkling the main theme of the show. Season 2 was where they got into it in full but there was a complete tone switch, like an almost surreal one. If the characters designs were completely changed, you'd have no idea that season 1 and season 2 was the same show. In the end I felt like all the character analysis done by so many characters as well as a lot of the dialogue felt too unnatural which messed with my enjoyment a fair bit. This was of course on top of the tonal change, which was another surprise to me. I'm not sure why they need to push the comedy into the background, the biggest example of this is Zaimokuza is pretty much non existent in this season.

Generally I'd suspend belief in these scenarios but I couldn't this time. Hachiman and Yukinon's sister are the only two people that should be doing any character studying in the show because of their personalities and the fact they are both observers in most situations. Yukinon is socially inept so she shouldn't be able to read people and Yui on the other hand has never been passed off as super smart, so while she has social prowess she should be fairly unobservant to more minor details. Yet we have everyone and their mother doing character studies with some really unnatural and vague dialogue (I found it funny hachiman says he no longer wants any vague statements when they've been as vague as possible through this whole anime).
GD1551Jun 27, 2015 1:36 AM
Jun 27, 2015 1:33 AM

Aug 2012
Eylandos said:
EBlack said:

Ehh I don't know. The first time in his life he went all the way through and confessed to a girl, she rejected him in a terrible manner. He seems to enjoy taking the safe route and not take any damage that deep to the heart.

Also I just can't see him dating any of the girls without it being really awkward to everyone around him. Ya I agree he probably isn't used to getting attention from the females but that is what makes it harder for him to make a move. He will rationalize that they are just being nice.

Maybe a timeskip would do him good.

I'm more interested to Yukino's past for now.
Jun 27, 2015 1:34 AM
Oct 2010
-Shirley- said:

SmallDanger said:

She knew he was there because what she said was something hachiman would say and not her.

Mar 2009
Hachiman, go with the mom route! Did you see Yui's mom?! What a MILF!

Don't know what to think of that ending, really. Here's hoping for another season in the future!

Aug 2013
beautiful , I need more, now !

Yui <3

u go 8man

guess now we wait for the novels ... *sigh*
Jun 27, 2015 1:35 AM

Aug 2012
DarklordVor said:
EBlack said:

So... we learn Japanese together! Damn it, Japan made people around the world to study Japanese because of these stuffs lol.

I dream japan as cartoon. If i learn japanese and go there, i will probably get shocked so hard that i wouldnt be able to find happiness ever.

Jul 2014
ihusmal1234 said:
That cliffhanger was absolutely disgusting.

Anyone know where I can read/buy a translated version of this novel online? I have to know what happens.

Besides that cliffhanger this season has been a solid 9/10 and I'm hoping for a third.

Try to google Kyakka

Feb 2011
season 3 when?

had hoped for something resembling more a resolution, that was vague

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Oct 2012
skudoops said:
-Shirley- said:

She knew he was there because what she said was something hachiman would say and not her.

Yea I just checked and Hikki said something similar before the call
Pages (21) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.