Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 22, 2015 9:30 AM

Feb 2014
I was just curious. So since I read the manga, I can see that they are really rushing this adaptation and since they are probably gonna end it off on chapter 90, you would think people would be missing out on info for having to cram all those chapters into 12 episodes but how do anime-only viewers see this?
Do you feel like you are missing out on some important info due to it being rushed?
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jun 22, 2015 10:01 AM

Mar 2015
I'm a manga reader, and I found this adaptation very rushed. And by very rushed I mean very-very rushed. So I suggest anime-only watchers to read the manga too. Some important points to look out are

Character Development.
Other romances other than Shiraishi's scenes.
More Leona.
More Noa.
More explanation on the witches powers.
More explanation on the witches past, like Noa's bullying attitude.
And MORE, and by MORE I MEAN MORE.

Jun 24, 2015 7:10 AM

Dec 2011
I dont read the manga, but its pretty obvious that is rushed, some episodes start suddenly with Yamada and some random character while searching for someone or to achieve something, without any proper background explanation or anything to motivate them strongly enough to act in certain ways. Whenever that happens i feel like i missed a previous episode. Still i like the show for its comedy and because of this i plan to read the manga when its finished.
ZaukerJun 24, 2015 8:10 AM
Jun 24, 2015 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
Well, as an anime-only viewer I'll just say what others have been saying for a while now. You can see it's rushed at times, but it's not as bad as with other series. It's rushing done right.

The biggest visible problem to me without manga knowledge is that the side characters, namely a lot of the witchers in particular, don't get enough characterization for us to care more about them. Though consider the screentime they get, it still works out pretty well.
Jun 27, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
aots
Jun 27, 2015 1:46 PM

May 2014
I haven't read manga but this seems kinda rushed. All other stats gives this adaptation an average rating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2015 3:51 PM
Aug 2014
It's pretty good but it's somewhat rushed
Jun 28, 2015 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
I think that's not a problem, tho.
Even it was rushed, we could get the important point from each episode.
For charater developments, it seems only Noa didn't get enough screen time.
Overall, it's okay.
Jun 28, 2015 12:36 AM

Dec 2013
It really does feel rushed in the second half, but I still love it.
Jun 28, 2015 12:46 AM

Dec 2013
_Charl said:
I think that's not a problem, tho.
Even it was rushed, we could get the important point from each episode.
For charater developments, it seems only Noa didn't get enough screen time.
Overall, it's okay.

It's not just Noa
Jun 28, 2015 10:16 PM

Nov 2009
It started out great but then took a dive. The pacing is very uneven, too much Shiraishi, not enough the other girls. Had a ton of potential, but ended up average at best.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 28, 2015 10:18 PM

Mar 2014
I thought it was pretty good, regardless of it being rushed. I'll have to read the manga as well to see what I've missed.
Jun 28, 2015 10:44 PM
May 2014
Haven't read the manga. While I've seen people complain about it being rushed a lot, I personally think it was fine. It gave me a laugh, which should be enough. It was good enough to make me want to read the manga to fill in the gaps. I'll get to that when I have time.
Jun 28, 2015 11:02 PM

Aug 2013
Anime only watcher - The first half seemed paced alright, the second half, especially the last few episodes, felt VERY rushed. But it was still a very enjoyable series, and I feel like the ending gave good closure.
Jun 28, 2015 11:39 PM

Jun 2013
The last 4 or 5 episodes were really rushed, and it was confusing to follow sometimes. But overall it still ended off nicely so I guess I cant complain too much
Jun 29, 2015 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
It fells like they removed all the romantic scenes with all other heroines other then Urara and changed what was obviously supoust to be harem romance to normal romance.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jun 29, 2015 1:20 AM

Apr 2010
Some bits were fast tbh, but it didn't feel as rushed as it could have considering, according to somebody else, it covered 100 chapters or so. I enjoyed it quite a lot admittedly, the best harem series I've seen in ages, but I don't know if I'm keen enough on it to read it all from the start.

Gotta say though, I was wondering why the other girls were more of an afterthought, considering it's a harem series. Taking into consideration how much material they covered, it makes sense why it was more focused on Shiraishi. Still, all in all I enjoyed it a lot more than expected.
Jun 29, 2015 3:53 AM

Feb 2013
Anime-only. I loved this show after the first couple episodes. I found it really funny and the characters to be very likable. As the anime went on it began to feel rushed. The last two episodes made it painfully clear that it was definitely being rushed. I still enjoyed the anime and am glad that I watched it. The seiyuu were truly, truly brilliant! I wish so much this anime had been given more episodes. It is obvious that it deserves them. <3

I plan on reading the manga. My motivation is NOT the content missing in the anime, though I'm sure to find the story enriched by it. My motivation to read the manga is based on my liking the story, the characters, and the artwork. *felt the need to make that clear*
Jun 29, 2015 3:56 AM
Apr 2013
It is a mess with them jumping from one scene to the next without any proper pacing.
Jun 29, 2015 2:31 PM

Mar 2009
The girls are very cute. That's why I continued to watch it.
Jun 29, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2014
RoninXV said:
I've never read a Manga, so All I do is watch anime adaptations. For this series I liked a lot of the characters, and I felt as if most of them weren't really as fake as most other anime characters you will see. I did feel though that it was very rushed, because well I'm pretty sure it would be a lot harder to try and gather these 7 witches then what the anime showed. I also hope they reveal more about Ryuu's past because Something didn't really make sense, it was when Ryuu and his friend rescued Nene from those thugs. Nene was the type of girl who was begging for friends, and since she likes Ryuu, it makes no sense as to why she ruined his reputation. Also I have a crazy theory about the witches.

The part with Nene is explained in the part that takes place after where the anime finish off.

@OT
I was an anime only viewer until ep 10, it felt fine for the first 3-4 episodes, but after that it was starting to feel quite rushed. Mainly because gathering the witches took next to no time, and I had a really hard time understanding some of the motives, such as Noa. Also the show was more focused on the relationship with Shirashi and Yamada while giving little screentime to the various other witches save Nene.
Jun 29, 2015 7:03 PM

Jul 2010
So i'm almost finished with watching anime, and i have to say that im really disappointed with pacing.I read manga around 2 years ago (when main arc finished?) so i forgot LOTS of details, but i'm damn sure it wasn't so fast and they are missing many great scenes.
Good experience for people who didn't read manga i assume, okay-ish experience for manga readers.At least that's my opinion.
Jul 1, 2015 3:38 PM

Jul 2013
Having only seen the series, I can easily tell that the adaption is very rushed which is a shame since if they had plans for a 2nd season or 24 episode would be better than sticking into only 12.

I would really want a 2nd season or a re-adaption of the series
Renaultclio101Jul 1, 2015 4:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2016 3:14 AM

Jul 2014
I only watched the anime and had no problems with the pacing, the only episode that felt that something is missing to me was Noa's episode, but that is one episode from 12. So overall i found it pretty good.
I didn't sense any info that is missing, i would say they did a good job keeping the core of the manga and still have a comprehensible story at the end.

Romance and slice of life are a hit or miss for me.
I got bored from Nozaki-kun but loved Yamada-kun. I hate Barakoman but really like Usagi Drop.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Female Character?

Fieryx - Jun 30, 2015

16 by Inter_anime »»
Jul 17, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

291 by Tauren64 »»
Apr 26, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.