Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2015 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, what's with that brief power up?

So it looks like the episode is going for the trademark, "Revolution". I think that fits considering it's the point of the season. I guess it also means that all the characters will get some spotlight on TV.

Fun montage.
Jun 20, 2015 11:26 AM

Sep 2008
Most disappointing thing in this episode was...
no "Maji Love Revolutions" at the end.

Why I have feeling like Quartet Night try to be like ST☆RISH.
Well... both song are created by Haruka, but still...
I don't know this should be like this, but QN's song aren't as good as ST☆RISH.
Jun 20, 2015 11:31 AM

Oct 2008
Dammit A-1 and they lazyass animators. At least the song is a lot better without acapella.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jun 20, 2015 11:36 AM

Nov 2013
Is it only me or has this season felt extremely boring comparing to the two others? I mean, I'm a huge fan of the original games, but even those have started to be too repetitive recently. I wished that they would bring up more serious matters on this season from the games, but I guess it wouldn't fit to the cheery mood the anime version has.

It was an ok episode; I really liked Quartet Night's song at the end.

Hopefully this seasons last episode is better than 2nd seasons. I'm still having war flashbacks about that whole happy pulse thing.
Jun 20, 2015 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
Even Quartet Night asked for their entry. Shining finally approved... Serious rivalry between the two groups. Quartet Night wanting their song to be revised for better because of ST☆RISH's song. Then GOLDEN STAR again when both groups practice.

The day to choose OP of SSS. Quartet Night's SSS song as ED.

One more ep.
tsubasaloverJun 24, 2015 11:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 20, 2015 1:12 PM

Jan 2015
I'm really starting to dislike Quartet Night... It could just be me, but it feels like they're getting a bit full of themselves.
This ship is canon and no one can convince me otherwise.
Jun 20, 2015 3:35 PM

Apr 2014
the revolucion is here...
starish <3 are better ....want to see their performance :D

Jun 20, 2015 9:15 PM

Jul 2012
the dice are cast >>>> this song
by farrrr

it wasn't that boring as an episode, except saotome's 10 minute speech in the beginning. i guess i liked the fanservice scenes

okay so next episode is gonna have maji love revolutions. no surprise~

such good animation

MayukaJun 20, 2015 9:19 PM
Jun 20, 2015 10:54 PM

Nov 2012
"your revolution is not complete yet!" = "we still have one episode left and need to buy time so let me just talk about revolution or some shit for half of the episode"
silverwallsJun 20, 2015 11:00 PM
Jun 21, 2015 6:18 AM
Mar 2010
I freaking hate you, A-1 Pictures.

How dare you ruin UtaPri season 3 like this. What is WITH this kind of animation for such an important episode? How could you bring down its budget just because you know it'll sell buckets regardless?

I HATE YOU, A-1 Pictures.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 21, 2015 12:11 PM

Sep 2013
Um.... Was it only me who got shocked into thinking this was the last episode for a second? I mean, when the end credits started rolling with Quartet Night and STARISH were all shocked silent, I almost forgot the point of this show was about them....

The art was horrible this episode. The only saving grace was probably the close-up Ranmaru bed scene.... Please don't screw the next episode up! We all know that the last 5 minutes of it has already been pre-animated since it's almost 3000% going to be the usual Revolutions song....
Jun 21, 2015 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
the dice are cast >>>> this song
by farrrr

it wasn't that boring as an episode, except saotome's 10 minute speech in the beginning. i guess i liked the fanservice scenes

okay so next episode is gonna have maji love revolutions. no surprise~

such good animation

That looks hilarious, I ain't even mad.
Jun 21, 2015 6:57 PM

Oct 2011
They played their song as the ED this time.

Maji Love Revolutions for the finale and another song?
Jun 21, 2015 9:34 PM

Oct 2008
phoenixalia said:
I freaking hate you, A-1 Pictures.

How dare you ruin UtaPri season 3 like this. What is WITH this kind of animation for such an important episode? How could you bring down its budget just because you know it'll sell buckets regardless?

I HATE YOU, A-1 Pictures.

Welcome to A-1 pictures, filled with freelancer animators that barely cares about the things they animate. Persona 4 was also a expensive franchise that looked absolutely dreadful, even Cinderella Girls had alarming moments of QUALITY. They know IM@S CG, Persona 4 and now Utapri will sell regardless of what they do, that's why they barely try.
At least I know from day 1 that Maji Love Revolutions will be filled with CGI so I won't feel disappointment anymore, I'll just watch and sigh.

Apparently there was some staff changes from S2 to S3 and seems like that's the reason this season is so underwhelming.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jun 22, 2015 11:22 AM

Mar 2015
Well, the animation really took a dive for the worst in this episode, but I'm not bothered by it as much since I never really expected much coming into this anime. It's still inexcusable regarding the animation's poor quality, but I'm fine with it since at least I get a kick out of it laughing it how bad it is.

For the most part, I am now completely convinced that the storyline is pretty much the same for all the seasons after this episode; the last two episodes are when things get serious and anything before that is just goofing off of STARISH.
SpiritedTrashJun 26, 2015 3:09 PM
Jun 23, 2015 12:51 AM

Nov 2009
azusamukami said:
Is it only me or has this season felt extremely boring comparing to the two others?
It's not just you, I've been feeling bored out of my mind for most of this season. Compared to the first season this one is a far far cry. That's sad, really.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 23, 2015 12:52 AM

Jul 2012
Tbh I got bored of utapri halfway through season (when Tokiya arc happened)1. Without the voice actors, godly art and music, I would have given up.
Jun 24, 2015 4:44 PM

Jul 2011
Well at least QN is looking better. But oh dear that performance... they actually recycled the flapping arm (behind their head) scene. I didn't feel the enthusiasm.

I think Maji Love Revolutions will be another iffy performance.
Jul 2, 2015 12:26 PM
Jul 2013
azusamukami said:
Is it only me or has this season felt extremely boring comparing to the two others? I mean, I'm a huge fan of the original games, but even those have started to be too repetitive recently. I wished that they would bring up more serious matters on this season from the games, but I guess it wouldn't fit to the cheery mood the anime version has.

Soooo not alone. Oh god, it feels like they tried to have something like conflict in the first half, then realised it was stupid and contrived, and just threw it out.

This episode? Watched it 3 min ago, and already I can't remember anything other than REVYORUUSHON x 100 and "thanks for reminding me of the guys' one-note gimmicks mister, I almost forgot that Reiji's the flirty one, Ai's the mysterious one, and so on", and that the song is ten times bett--oh wait hand-animated dance sequence. Yapls. Reiji's lithe waist erased my mind. That's around the third consecutive minute of the UtaPri 3rd season I thought I would be watching.

A-1's CG bits are awful. Immersion-breaking awful. The-one-thing-that-could-actually-make-worst-yaoi-even-worse awful. They better not half-ass ep 13.
peccJul 2, 2015 12:47 PM
Jul 12, 2015 10:03 AM

May 2010
Hmm the performance was better than imagined. The arrangment was better, as it was more fitting for a festival theme. Last 5 mins were nice, rest was meh.
Aug 2, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2012
Let's see what the last episode will offer us.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

59 by senekohan »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

42 by senekohan »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:07 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

24 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 2:44 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

19 by Liaeves »»
Apr 15, 2020 12:19 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

28 by Liaeves »»
Apr 14, 2020 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.