Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 19, 2015 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, not bad for the buildup this episode. They discus a bit about FACE, a prominent weapon. Nice to see Erza and Mirajane fight a bit. Felt bad for Elfman for his body being controlled though.

Interesting to see the rest of Orcacion Seis again although I'm not liking the design of Midnight's eyes. Cobra didn't waste much of his time with his intentions lol

Poor Erza D:

Kinda fun watching Jellal in action again I guess.

Oh and I noticed the ED theme song "Never Ever" will be on sale on 6/24. Can't wait :D
Stark700Jun 20, 2015 2:30 AM
Jun 19, 2015 7:39 PM
Sep 2012
If you thought Michello was the most sorry excuse of a human being, we find someone even worse, the former council chairman Crawford, he was a traitor all along. Because of all the information he told them, all of those council members not mention to all those civilians caught in the crossfire are dead, all those deaths are on his head.

Not only is he a traitor, but a dumb ass, does he really think these demons once they don't need him well not kill him. For a old man he is pretty stupid, and he is not even getting immortality or becoming a god out of this, just getting his old job and money, that is his goal in all these. If I am making deals with demons, I want something like immortality or become a god, not mere riches.

But before they were taking out, nice to see Erza and Mira kick some butt, until they got captured. And not looking good for them, especially Erza must bring back terrible memories to be back in that position again. And can Kyouka just make up her mind what she plans to do with Mira, first she says she will become a demon servant and than she says Mira and Erza will die, make up your mind.

Meanwhile the Oracion Seis are back and free, even Brain. But Brain taking out quickly by Cobra, paying him back for Brain's betraying him earlier, and even Midnight realizes Brain doesn't care about them, you know Cobra would have told him sooner, than the Key Of The Starry Skys arc would never have happened. Cobra could have saved us all that trouble.

Anyway Jellal and Oracion Seis fight, or at least have of Oracion Seis, and we get a big reveal, it turns out to the surprise of no one, Angel really is Yukino's long lost sister, and Midnight's name is funny.

While things are looking bad for our heroes, we still have Natsu and his dragon noise find Tartarus and crash through their window, hopefully he gets his hands on Crawford.

Next week, all of these story lines continue.
Jun 19, 2015 7:43 PM

Nov 2014
Finally the main part of the arc begins, shit is getting real. Natsu finally finds them :)
Hi there
Jun 19, 2015 7:54 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Crawford, you big SOAB! I hope to see him get pummeled through and through.

Jellal was friggin' epic taking on the Oracion Seis at first, although he's now at a disadvantage of 4 against 1. Interesting to know that he's the last key protecting Face.

Poor Erza.. Kyouka sure doesn't take it easy. Natsu's entrance at the end was pretty badass though. Hope more Fairy Tail reinforcements get there.

Decent episode. So did Elfman sell his soul to Seira to save Lisanna? It kinda seemed like it in the PV.

Jun 19, 2015 7:59 PM

Mar 2012
So many plot line lining up one another is what make Tartarus Arc the best arc.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 19, 2015 8:11 PM

Oct 2014
wow so much amazing stuff

Angel is Yukino's sister
Former chairman is/was working for Tartaros ("was" because Natsu got a hold of him)
Fairy Tail getting ready to land an assault
But Natsu beat them too it.. Is he really gonna wreck another guild by himself xD
I am actually really interested in the Elfman part I wonder if something big will happen with him
I really hope Mira doesn't become a demon
Still don't know exactly how the Minerva situation is gonna turn out
Jellal vs The Oracion Seis
Richard is amazing xD
I kinda feel like there isn't much reason for them too fight considering half there members aren't really bad guys.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they all joined Crime Sorciere - I also feel like that might be why Jelal doesn't want Meredy too fight
I can't wait for next episode it's gonna be cool
oh and thankgod no 7 minute recap xD
Jun 19, 2015 8:34 PM

May 2012
I haven't read the manga, but I do hear and literally saw those pages...Erza was naked in the manga o_o http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v43/c365/14.html Wonder if Mashima decided to go hardcore with the fanservice or is there a reason for it, lol. Even Mira looked like as if she is in a borderline H situation on this page http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v43/c365/17.html o_o
Anyway, great episode, nice to see a plot twist of having the former chairman to be working with Tartartos, but still, I want him dead!!! D: Hope Natsu beats the crap out of him in the next episode!

Jun 19, 2015 8:52 PM

Aug 2014
And that's why I love Jellal. Such a badass character.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Jun 19, 2015 9:17 PM

Jul 2010
A fearsome thing how seniors can hardly be differentiated.

Crawfold is absolutely despicable to make that happen to Mira and Erza :/

Glad to see Jellal in action, and a part of the link too (though it just means Tartaros wouldn't even come close to activating face).
Jun 19, 2015 9:34 PM
Mar 2015
great episode, the content was good and so was the animation
i like jellal, so much badass
Jun 19, 2015 9:40 PM

Mar 2013
Yes, jellal is back in action!!!
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jun 19, 2015 9:52 PM
Nov 2009
chaosflame5 said:
I haven't read the manga, but I do hear and literally saw those pages...Erza was naked in the manga o_o http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v43/c365/14.html Wonder if Mashima decided to go hardcore with the fanservice or is there a reason for it, lol. Even Mira looked like as if she is in a borderline H situation on this page http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v43/c365/17.html o_o
Anyway, great episode, nice to see a plot twist of having the former chairman to be working with Tartartos, but still, I want him dead!!! D: Hope Natsu beats the crap out of him in the next episode!

Yeah it was part of the torture so there was a reason for all the nudity in the arc though it seems the anime is cutting it all which is a shame since there a scene next episode which was pretty funny in the manga but I imagine will be changed alot since they removed the nudity.
Jun 19, 2015 9:55 PM
Apr 2015
chaosflame5 said:

It wasn't only for fan-service purposes, no worries
Jun 19, 2015 10:38 PM

Jul 2014
They censored the nudity :3
Jun 19, 2015 10:52 PM
Feb 2013
awesome ep.

p.s: there's a new p.v for tartarus arc, the sting and rogue vs jiemma fight was perfectly animated with longer extensions of fight, i guess a superb animation will start in part 1 to part 6, especially the longer fight scenes...... :)
Jun 19, 2015 11:11 PM

Dec 2013
Dat censoring! More censoring next episode as well XD

Good episode. The preview was pretty short and we didn't have to see that explosion again.

Action was pretty meh. But I still think Jellal was pretty awesome taking on the entire Oracion Seis like that. Can't wait to see more of it next episode. Although I'm still not a big fan of Nightmare's new character design. He look too feminine imo.

It really sucks to be Erza right now.
Jun 19, 2015 11:12 PM

Jun 2013
chaosflame5 said:

It's torture man, people used to strip others as a form of humiliation, in a addition to the torture.

Thank god they didn't do those 7 minutes recaps again.
Jun 19, 2015 11:30 PM

May 2013
Erza being tortured and Mira being experimented on. They're gonna pay. However, that's just how I really love the Tartaros arc. :p
Natsu unsurprisingly found the place even though it was so secret. Good job, Natsu.
Jun 20, 2015 12:12 AM

Aug 2012
Erza is always in the worst situation, Jellal is getting beaten at the end of the episode but knowing him he will pull something beastly out. Natsu crashing into Tartaros HQ like a boss.
Jun 20, 2015 12:35 AM

Jan 2015
Recap's only 2 minutes? Nice

Jellal vs OS goin be great.
Jun 20, 2015 12:35 AM

Dec 2011
Nice episode but too bad the torture scene was censored and seems like it would be censored as well for next episode when Natsu meet Lisanna in that cell.
Jun 20, 2015 12:45 AM

Mar 2012
PV for second part of Tartaros arc is out.

Heavy spoiler ahead. Watch at your own risk.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 20, 2015 1:51 AM

May 2015
I was expecting fan service but they censored it lol
Jun 20, 2015 1:52 AM

Apr 2014
Damn, to much clothes...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2015 2:13 AM

Dec 2014
OK....if this weapon Face will wipe out all the magic...so does it mean it will also affect Zeref..??
and once this weapon has fulfil its purpose will it self-destruct cause its also magically powered??

Jun 20, 2015 2:25 AM

Apr 2008
Janeel said:
OK....if this weapon Face will wipe out all the magic...so does it mean it will also affect Zeref..??
and once this weapon has fulfil its purpose will it self-destruct cause its also magically powered??

Not quite
Jun 20, 2015 4:44 AM

Feb 2015
I'm glad that they shortened the recap.
Loved the part where Natsu stormed into Tartarus guild.
Jun 20, 2015 4:47 AM

Jan 2014
Jellal will kick ass next episode
Jun 20, 2015 5:40 AM

Apr 2013
Nice shortened recaps, love this arc, so excited for the next episodes! Dat Natsu
Jun 20, 2015 5:41 AM

May 2012
everydaygamer said:
Yeah it was part of the torture so there was a reason for all the nudity in the arc though it seems the anime is cutting it all which is a shame since there a scene next episode which was pretty funny in the manga but I imagine will be changed alot since they removed the nudity.
Kal_El said:
It wasn't only for fan-service purposes, no worries
metsujin said:
It's torture man, people used to strip others as a form of humiliation, in a addition to the torture.
I see, sounds like the anime version had cutted down Kyoka's desire for humiliation of others eh... I feel sorry for you manga fans for not seeing the nudity animated, lol. Maybe they think it's too extreme to have nudity + torture together on TV as children might gone to that channel by a glance, so they putted the clothes back on.
I also spotted the Natsu and Lisanna bit, lol. I wonder what humour would they do for that part instead...

Jun 20, 2015 5:43 AM
Apr 2015
awesome ep. as expected from one of my fave FT arcs.

so they'll totally censor the naked parts, huh... i'm fine with that, but it kinda reduces the "torture feeling" or something, esp. the current one with Erza.
Jun 20, 2015 5:59 AM

Jul 2007
chaosflame5 said:

Its not fanservice if you bother to remember on why Erza surrounds herself with Armor int he first place. I am kind of pissed they took away the naked part because of just how important for her character it is.
Jun 20, 2015 6:26 AM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:
Its not fanservice if you bother to remember on why Erza surrounds herself with Armor int he first place. I am kind of pissed they took away the naked part because of just how important for her character it is.
Well, true. Armour is protection for her not just for a show. But TV standards is TV standards. If Fairy Tail were a bunch of movies, nudity would indeed be kept. Just like how blood was kept for Priestess of the Phoenix movie.

Jun 20, 2015 7:23 AM
Dec 2010
NeoAnkara said:
PV for second part of Tartaros arc is out.

Heavy spoiler ahead. Watch at your own risk.

holy shit
this PV has too much spoilers in it
why they do this ?
there at least 3 major surprise in that video
thanks god i already read the manga , or i'll be pissed
Jun 20, 2015 7:27 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. Let's see how Jellal can handle all of Oracian Seis on his own lol. Natsu coming in at the last moment all pissed. Atleast Natsu doesn't get his arse kicked a lot now.
Jun 20, 2015 8:29 AM

Mar 2014
Finally, my only reason for caring for this arc has begun; can't wait for Jellal vs. OS where he layeths he smacketh-down on all their candyasses!

You bet your ass it's gonna be fucking sweet.

Jun 20, 2015 8:57 AM

May 2015
No more crazy long recaps.
Midnight looks really weird.
And Natsu made a great entrance there.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jun 20, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
Censored Erza :/ she was supposed to be nude :/
Still nice to see Oracion Seis and Jellal & Meldy again.
Can't wait for the next episode!
Jun 20, 2015 9:09 AM

Dec 2008
Ohara Sayaka's screaming is 10/10. You never disappoint.
What does disappoint however is the lack of naked Erza. And this isn't to be perverted or anything. Her being completely exposed was supposed to be part of the torture. It referenced her insecurities and her past as well as humiliation.
I understand not removing Natsu's & Lisanna's clothes in the preview, but Erza really needed to be naked.

They should make an uncensored version for the BDs x.x

Midnight also looks really weird animated.
That bit where Natsu says not to underestimate a dragon's nose is still one of my favorite scenes <3
sarroushJun 20, 2015 9:12 AM
Jun 20, 2015 9:20 AM

Jun 2013
you fucking bastard they were there to protect you and you just sold them out!
Jun 20, 2015 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
Midnight looked like he had boobs.
Jun 20, 2015 9:28 AM
Jan 2015
The episode is starting to pick up to the epic parts that is yet to come. One thing I will say is that there was a censored scene when Erza was being interrogated the manga had her completely naked and there was a sense of dread and helplessness to it along with making it stand out more as one of the scenes you cant forget, where as in the episode I didn't get that feeling however overall it was a pretty good episode and more epicness is yet to come from this arc :)
Jun 20, 2015 9:32 AM

Jul 2007
chaosflame5 said:
CookingPriest said:
Well, true. Armour is protection for her not just for a show. But TV standards is TV standards. If Fairy Tail were a bunch of movies, nudity would indeed be kept. Just like how blood was kept for Priestess of the Phoenix movie.

Not really the point.

Erza wears armor due to her insecurities over what happened to her in Tower of Heaven during her childhood. It is an emotional protection. She feels safe inside it.

Taking that away should trigger her AND increase the torture. Having her clothed in anime kind of nullifies that effect.
AhenshihaelJun 20, 2015 9:40 AM
Jun 20, 2015 10:01 AM

Aug 2014
Omg, the PV for next episode... *-*
Jun 20, 2015 10:30 AM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:
Not really the point.

Erza wears armor due to her insecurities over what happened to her in Tower of Heaven during her childhood. It is an emotional protection. She feels safe inside it.

Taking that away should trigger her AND increase the torture. Having her clothed in anime kind of nullifies that effect.
I know it's emotional protection, I just didn't phrase it right I guess. I meant that the armour is for protection, both on the surface level, as well as in her emotional level. But you can still kind of get the insecurity since she didn't have the armour in the anime either. But not as much I guess.

Jun 20, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2014
I didn't read the manga but this episode felt very rushed... am I wrong? And seriously, Fairy Tail had to search all the books from the guild to find the former chairman's address and Natsu obtained it from that old neko guy in a second. Otherwise the episode was great. I'm glad to see Jellal getting more screen time :D
Jun 20, 2015 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
Hibiki07 said:
I didn't read the manga but this episode felt very rushed... am I wrong? And seriously, Fairy Tail had to search all the books from the guild to find the former chairman's address and Natsu obtained it from that old neko guy in a second. Otherwise the episode was great. I'm glad to see Jellal getting more screen time :D

No the pacing was good. Well he has a high sense of smelling.
Jun 20, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so excited to see Jellal back in action again - and I hope it won't eventually end up like it usually does with many episodes following without Jellal in them at all. Coming from me that's a slightly biased opinion though (he is my favourite character, after all).

Erza being tortured... It's not that I like scenes that include torture (I want to kill that woman for what she's doing to Erza), but I do like the intensity of it - idk if this goes for others as well but it makes me feel more involved with the characters. There were several parts of this episode that had me sucked in way more than pervious episodes would manage to do.

I can't wait for the next episode. This'll be a long week.
Jun 20, 2015 7:44 PM
Apr 2015
This episode was awesome.. i guess natsu will be facing franmalth next.

I wonder if Meldy will join in the fight against Oracion Seis, they were once part of the same Balam Alliance. She has lost magic as well so.. i guess we'll see.

can't wait for next week's episode.. Ever since last week's preview spoiling the whole episode.. i decided to avoid previews from now on for some time
FerbGuyJun 21, 2015 2:05 AM
Jun 20, 2015 9:50 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty solid episode on the whole. Love seeing Jellal again.
Erza's torture was seriously toned down. Expected as much, but still disappointing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.